• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My life experience in Changi Prison (Cluster B)

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: All On Screen !

Chapter 3.1: The 'Uncle' & The 8-Men Cellroom at B4

While walking from B2 to B4, my mind recalled back a inmate whom I have met and chat with earlier on in the Yard room while we were waiting for our haircut. I addressed him as 'uncle'. Ageing about late 70 , he is a first time offender. He was sentenced for 2 weeks jail Term for not paying fines accumulating up to $6000. He stay with his wife and no children. His wife is only few years younger than him but is not as healthy as him. 'Uncle' is a hokkien speaking inmate whom can't communicate in english. Due to his poor background and health condition of his wife, he still have to work for survival inspite of his current age.

He was being fine for operating and selling fruits without license at public areas such as MRT Stations & Bus Interchange Stations. Needless to say, he was being caught again and again and received his summon tickets (fine up to $300 per ticket). Dragging and unable to pay, he was called up to attend court and was sentences to jail in default of his fines.

Till now, I can remember what he told me: " I will still do back my same trade again after my release although the judge had warned me not to commit again. But what can I do and who is going to support me and my wife's health expenses if I don't work?"

So do he really have a choice?

Even if there are communities which can assist his problem, what concerns me is can assist till what limit?

Beside fines and jail, aren't there any other solutions that are able to solve this issue?

I really hope I can have a chance to meet 'Uncle' again and have a coffee with him!

--------------------

There are about 40+ of us (Inmates that were being locked up in the same storey of B2) whom have transfer to Cluster B4, We were later bought to HU3 (Housing Unit 3 located at level 5 & 6 of Cluster B4). We proceed to the Yard room of H3, collecting our new set of belongings (the same type of items which we have previously returned to B2). A briefing of the house rules were also conducted by the cookies followed by the officer-in charge at the Yard room. There are a total of 3 dayrooms (divisons) in HU3 and a hugh group of inmates including me were assigned to Dayroom 3. Inside Dayroom 3, there are a total of 10 cell rooms at level 5 and another 10 cell rooms at level 6. Every single cellroom which consists of 2 'doorless' toilet, size about 250 sqt (double the size of my cellroom at B2), can lockup max. up to 8 inmates! Sadly to say, I was separated from my 3 roomates. Together with other inmates whom had been assigned to the same cellroom as me (total 8 inmates), we to proceed cellroom No:629.

---To Be Continued (Chapter 3.2: My 7 new room mates)--

wau lan ooi.

this uncle very poor thing. any idea where he usually set up his fruit stall? i want to go support him.

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chapter 3.2: My 7 new room mates

The house rules in B4 are the same as B2. But I had warned by one of the inmate that B4 tends to be more strict and there are some 'officers' whom we have to be careful with. Don't ever try anything funny with these 'officers', they will punish you without further warning.

Punishment for misbehave and not following the house rules:

Contribution of 1 - 2 thumbprints from the offender.

2 x thumbprints from repeated offences or 3 x thumbprints from different offences will change you a additional 1 - 3 days of jail term.

For more serious offences (example masterbuting, fighting, etc..), Inmate will get 'tumba' which will change you additional jail terms from few days to few weeks based on case by case basis.

Welfare for the inmates in prison now is much more better compared to years back while the remand prison is still located at Queenstown. Those stories which you readers had heard of or read through do really existed years back. Common stories being passed down for centuries are fighting in cell room, the strongest bully the weakest, food from the weakness are to give to the strongest, smoking in prison, shower and drink water from the toilet flush, using own toothbrush to clean the toilet areas, gay inmates forcing other inmates to XXX, officers whacking the inmates, inmates commit suicide, etc....

Now the darkness world which we used to heard of, are no longer exist. The welfare and prison safety and security system had improve. Mindset of 'most' inmates including those serving LT sentences had changed as well. Inmates have only one common goals in mind, and that is to respect, behave and get back their freedom as soon as possible!

Some of the readers may be thinking that inmate's life in prison now must be so relaxing since the darkness day are over. Thinking that what inmates do daily are only eat, shower, sleep and nothing else. Well, all I can say the mental torture still remains the same ever since the first day when Prison were bulid. Spending a day in cellroom is like months. Imagine being trapped in a small empty room almost 23 hours per day. The only thing you get to see and get entertained are only your roomates and the walls. Sleepless night on the hard floor which makes our bones suffer on the following day. Meals that are just enough to fill inmate's stomach.

Till now , I can still remember on what my SOP had told me when I am in B4:

' Prison only provide discipline and you can find no love in here! You can only find real love from your home'

For readers whom are reading my story now and is working as prison officer or is a ex-convict, I welcome you correct me if anything I wrote here is not correct!

In cellroom 629, there were other 7 inmates beside me consisting of 1 hindi, 2 malays and the rest are chinese. Ageing from youngest 20 years old to oldest 55 years old, commiting different kind of offences. But 1 thing in common from all of us is we are all first-time offender. Our cell room is a 'first-timer' cell room.

Everyone in the cell room seems to be friendly and most of them seem to be highly educated and had worked as professional from different trades. Spending a whole day lock-up with my new roomates knowing and understanding their backgrounds ( the offences from these roomates are CBT, not paying fines, assisting shoarkloans, and AWOL from army), I realised that I was not 'alone'............................

Chapter 3.3: About my past

To be continued

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chapter 3.3: The Security Company Manager

Dear readers, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments, regards and feedbacks through forums, emails, pm and fackbook since beginning. Recommended by readers, I had now posted my story in forums lke VR-Zone, SgForums, Flowerpod, Sammyboy, Hardware Zone, Omy, Stomp and SGClub (Do let me know if I have missout any good forums).

I never expected my thread responese to be so over-whemling. I had received different comments, encouragement, moral support, feedbacks and had befriended with readers and ex-convicts.

Deep in my heart now, I would really like to share this moment of joy with all of you. Without you, I will never have the confidence to continue my story and my doings till this far!

Recently I have receive a reply thread from one of the forum, sharing his personal experience, which I thought it is very meaningful to share with everyone now:

" Hey bro looking at your thread made me want to step forward and share my experience. Not exactly mine but my dad. After reading your thread it made me recall those scenario when i attended court to attend my dad sentence.

Moments like watching my dad being handcuffed saddens me a lot and the last hug i had when my dad's lawyer asked for a stand off to decide if he wanted to

1st : Appeal for his sentence which would be delayed for about 2-3months.

2nd : To serve his sentence immediately

3rd : To serve his sentence 1 week later

My dad chose the 2nd option as his lawyer told him it was the best/ideal choice as the faster he get over with it, he can start a new life earlier rather than appealing and delay the process cause my dad was definitely bound to serve and appealing would only have a 50/50 percent chance.

3rd option was definitely a NO as during that 1 week, you will definitely be unable to sleep etc.

My dad was sentenced to cluster B as well, white collar on the 2nd of June if i didnt remember wrongly. In case some bro are curious what offence my dad actually made, please allow me to elaborate.

My dad runs his own business and in order to be favored, under table give the project manager $ in return of multi-million dollar project and ship repair etc. Though its inevitable in this industry, unfortunately my dad didnt do his paper work properly. Besides, he has a low level of education and was once a taxi driver and worked his ass off to achieve all that this family have currently. His ex-worker who is a burmese ( Operational Manager ) actually quarreled with him and infront of all the staff and challenged my dad to fire him if he wasn't happy with him. Thus my dad terminated him and he went to complain to MOM that when he was working for my dads company, safety measures were not implemented. In the end MOM drop the issue as they visited my dad company and realize everything was up to standard.

So my dad itchy backside also go counter sue him back till that guy bankcrupt and demanded an apology on newspaper. End up that guy bui song go report to CPIB saying my dad under table give $.

The investigation went on for 2 years and in June 2011 was sentenced to 14weeks of imprisonment. My dad was damn devastated upon hearing the verdict as he was expecting 8-10weeks. There was a moment of hesitation in him but he wanted to start anew asap. Thankfully, he served only 5 weeks and went through a course in the jail and was permitted home detention.

He only served 9weeks+ as there is always a 33.33% discount from the final verdict. Means if judge send you to 3 years, you only serve 2 years. Plus 1 month only can visit 2 times. 1st time tele-visit ( webcam ) and 2nd time face to face at Changi prison. Webcam have to go geylang 1 of the police station.

This experienced i went through will always stay with my heart as it made me treasure my father more. The atmosphere at the court was damn solemn and i cried non-stop. The first few days was damn tough for me. But it made me strong and a better person.

Anyway bro, after reading your story maybe by chance my dad know you. Hehe!"

So, how do you think of it and what's in your mind after reading his story?

I would like to share with you readers about this reply thread from one of the forum which I find it very interesting as well:

"moi think gotch a chance inmate ish created by CPC to help building publicity and understanding about Prisons in SG.

the idea ish to use a "First person" narration to deliver this message... in other words, an online storyteller about certain amount of facts mixed with some "fiction" to deliver some message.

Nevertheless, it's a good approach."

Human's mind are just creative!

Well, let's stop making any guess now. I am just another offender whom had just went through the tough life in prison and I am not assisting any organization to deliver any message

In the first day of my lock-up in B4, Cellroom 629, we are not entitled any activities as it's coming to lunch hours once everything are settled down. We were briefed that our 1 hour 'yard' (exercise) falls on every monday, wednesday and thursday while 1 hour 'our dayroom' (watching TV, playing chess, read newspapers) falls on every tuesday, friday and saturday. And sunday will be our 'toilet' cleaning day!

Thoughout our lock-up in the first day, we mainly spend our sharing stories with each other. There is this room mate whom had gave me a very deep impression on the first day. He is the one whom appears to be the 'leader' in our cell room and sharing stories most throughout the day. A well-mannered, outgoing gentlemen whom gained my respect.

So, what's his offence? Well his case did published on news papers . I done a search through the net and manage to find it:

Ex-security company manager jailed for cheating
By Shaffiq Alkhatib Posted: 19 July 2011

SINGAPORE: For two and a half years, a former operations manager of a security company cheated his then-employer into paying salary to his wife for work she did not perform.

Michael Loh Eng Choong, 46, also duped King's Security and Safety Management into making Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions to his wife, Madam Lai Lian Joon, within the same period.

Loh committed the offence between January 2006 and June 2008.

In all, the firm was deceived into making 27 salary payments, totalling S$21,800, into Madam Lai's bank account.

It also made the same number of employer contributions, totalling S$2,981, to her CPF account.

The court heard that Madam Lai was Loh's colleague in the company, where she worked as a part-time night shift security guard.

But Loh falsely reported that she also worked for the firm during the day even though she had a day job elsewhere.

Deputy public prosecutor Kwek Chin Yong said that as a result, King's Security paid Madam Lai for work she did not perform.

Defence counsel Kertar Singh told the court in his mitigation plea that his client did not benefit much from the offence as the payments were made to his wife.

He told district judge Jasbendar Kaur that Loh had also made full restitution and even sold his matrimonial home to do so.

Madam Lai and their children are now staying with her sister as Loh is now homeless, said Mr Singh.

The district court sentenced Loh to four weeks' jail on Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to 10 cheating charges.

Another 44 similar charges were also taken into consideration during sentencing.

- CNA/ck
Message for Micheal: Hi brother, if you happen to read this now, you should already know by now I am 5613. All the best to you and hope you can settle your case soon. See you on 1212!

Dear readers, what's in your mind after reading this article above? What's your first impression of him? Do you think there may be more unknown causes behind this case?

Chapter 3.4: About My Past (To Be Continued)

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro, tks for the post. ps keep it up.
i dun think u r a phony lah...think ur objective is to give an account of life in Changi resort.

tks bro, pls keep writing.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Come on lah, even though you might be willing to share your past and personal details in public, dun mean your former cellmates are willing.
Spare a thought for others, though this was reported in newspapers before you also no need to revisit for him and his family. Spare a thought please.

Chapter 3.3: The Security Company Manager

Dear readers, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments, regards and feedbacks through forums, emails, pm and fackbook since beginning. Recommended by readers, I had now posted my story in forums lke VR-Zone, SgForums, Flowerpod, Sammyboy, Hardware Zone, Omy, Stomp and SGClub (Do let me know if I have missout any good forums).

I never expected my thread responese to be so over-whemling. I had received different comments, encouragement, moral support, feedbacks and had befriended with readers and ex-convicts.

Deep in my heart now, I would really like to share this moment of joy with all of you. Without you, I will never have the confidence to continue my story and my doings till this far!

Recently I have receive a reply thread from one of the forum, sharing his personal experience, which I thought it is very meaningful to share with everyone now:

" Hey bro looking at your thread made me want to step forward and share my experience. Not exactly mine but my dad. After reading your thread it made me recall those scenario when i attended court to attend my dad sentence.

Moments like watching my dad being handcuffed saddens me a lot and the last hug i had when my dad's lawyer asked for a stand off to decide if he wanted to

1st : Appeal for his sentence which would be delayed for about 2-3months.

2nd : To serve his sentence immediately

3rd : To serve his sentence 1 week later

My dad chose the 2nd option as his lawyer told him it was the best/ideal choice as the faster he get over with it, he can start a new life earlier rather than appealing and delay the process cause my dad was definitely bound to serve and appealing would only have a 50/50 percent chance.

3rd option was definitely a NO as during that 1 week, you will definitely be unable to sleep etc.

My dad was sentenced to cluster B as well, white collar on the 2nd of June if i didnt remember wrongly. In case some bro are curious what offence my dad actually made, please allow me to elaborate.

My dad runs his own business and in order to be favored, under table give the project manager $ in return of multi-million dollar project and ship repair etc. Though its inevitable in this industry, unfortunately my dad didnt do his paper work properly. Besides, he has a low level of education and was once a taxi driver and worked his ass off to achieve all that this family have currently. His ex-worker who is a burmese ( Operational Manager ) actually quarreled with him and infront of all the staff and challenged my dad to fire him if he wasn't happy with him. Thus my dad terminated him and he went to complain to MOM that when he was working for my dads company, safety measures were not implemented. In the end MOM drop the issue as they visited my dad company and realize everything was up to standard.

So my dad itchy backside also go counter sue him back till that guy bankcrupt and demanded an apology on newspaper. End up that guy bui song go report to CPIB saying my dad under table give $.

The investigation went on for 2 years and in June 2011 was sentenced to 14weeks of imprisonment. My dad was damn devastated upon hearing the verdict as he was expecting 8-10weeks. There was a moment of hesitation in him but he wanted to start anew asap. Thankfully, he served only 5 weeks and went through a course in the jail and was permitted home detention.

He only served 9weeks+ as there is always a 33.33% discount from the final verdict. Means if judge send you to 3 years, you only serve 2 years. Plus 1 month only can visit 2 times. 1st time tele-visit ( webcam ) and 2nd time face to face at Changi prison. Webcam have to go geylang 1 of the police station.

This experienced i went through will always stay with my heart as it made me treasure my father more. The atmosphere at the court was damn solemn and i cried non-stop. The first few days was damn tough for me. But it made me strong and a better person.

Anyway bro, after reading your story maybe by chance my dad know you. Hehe!"

So, how do you think of it and what's in your mind after reading his story?

I would like to share with you readers about this reply thread from one of the forum which I find it very interesting as well:

"moi think gotch a chance inmate ish created by CPC to help building publicity and understanding about Prisons in SG.

the idea ish to use a "First person" narration to deliver this message... in other words, an online storyteller about certain amount of facts mixed with some "fiction" to deliver some message.

Nevertheless, it's a good approach."

Human's mind are just creative!

Well, let's stop making any guess now. I am just another offender whom had just went through the tough life in prison and I am not assisting any organization to deliver any message

In the first day of my lock-up in B4, Cellroom 629, we are not entitled any activities as it's coming to lunch hours once everything are settled down. We were briefed that our 1 hour 'yard' (exercise) falls on every monday, wednesday and thursday while 1 hour 'our dayroom' (watching TV, playing chess, read newspapers) falls on every tuesday, friday and saturday. And sunday will be our 'toilet' cleaning day!

Thoughout our lock-up in the first day, we mainly spend our sharing stories with each other. There is this room mate whom had gave me a very deep impression on the first day. He is the one whom appears to be the 'leader' in our cell room and sharing stories most throughout the day. A well-mannered, outgoing gentlemen whom gained my respect.

So, what's his offence? Well his case did published on news papers . I done a search through the net and manage to find it:

Ex-security company manager jailed for cheating
By Shaffiq Alkhatib Posted: 19 July 2011

SINGAPORE: For two and a half years, a former operations manager of a security company cheated his then-employer into paying salary to his wife for work she did not perform.

Michael Loh Eng Choong, 46, also duped King's Security and Safety Management into making Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions to his wife, Madam Lai Lian Joon, within the same period.

Loh committed the offence between January 2006 and June 2008.

In all, the firm was deceived into making 27 salary payments, totalling S$21,800, into Madam Lai's bank account.

It also made the same number of employer contributions, totalling S$2,981, to her CPF account.

The court heard that Madam Lai was Loh's colleague in the company, where she worked as a part-time night shift security guard.

But Loh falsely reported that she also worked for the firm during the day even though she had a day job elsewhere.

Deputy public prosecutor Kwek Chin Yong said that as a result, King's Security paid Madam Lai for work she did not perform.

Defence counsel Kertar Singh told the court in his mitigation plea that his client did not benefit much from the offence as the payments were made to his wife.

He told district judge Jasbendar Kaur that Loh had also made full restitution and even sold his matrimonial home to do so.

Madam Lai and their children are now staying with her sister as Loh is now homeless, said Mr Singh.

The district court sentenced Loh to four weeks' jail on Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to 10 cheating charges.

Another 44 similar charges were also taken into consideration during sentencing.

- CNA/ck
Message for Micheal: Hi brother, if you happen to read this now, you should already know by now I am 5613. All the best to you and hope you can settle your case soon. See you on 1212!

Dear readers, what's in your mind after reading this article above? What's your first impression of him? Do you think there may be more unknown causes behind this case?

Chapter 3.4: About My Past (To Be Continued)

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Come on lah, even though you might be willing to share your past and personal details in public, dun mean your former cellmates are willing.
Spare a thought for others, though this was reported in newspapers before you also no need to revisit for him and his family. Spare a thought please.

Permission from him had been seek before posting.

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are readers after reading through chapter 3.2, asking questions on why masterbuting in cellroom is a offence. And how can the officer can caught those inmates on doing it. What I can only say is 'whatever you want to do in the cellroom, just don gonna caught!' Below is a reply thread from one the forum sharing 1 example:

"Bro, my dad told me inside got 1 malay inmate masturbate. He was caught and they immediately drag him out with his pants not worn. They give no nonsense from this kinda incident. Heard will kena damn severe. Jail sentence longer + caning.

Another caution to take note is they have the toilet bowl chamber. At anytime cannot have 2 person in 1 chamber. If caught immediately both kena big time. No room for negotiation or any chance to explain."

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chapter 3.4: About My Past

Most of the readers should be curious on CPC Cluster A. Like most of you, I am curious on Cluster A as well after my few days lock-up in Cluster B. Wondering what is the difference of Cluster B compared to Cluster A, why am I lock-up in Cluster B instead of Cluster A and what type of prisoners are lock-up in Cluster A. This is the best details description which I had received so far after spending time gathering information from inmates, readers and ex-convicts:

Please note that information shared before have not been edited and is only for reader’s reference, which may not be 100% accurate (I welcome any readers whom wish to provide and share more details on Cluster A)

“Old CP have a few blocks which I think most old birds will remember. A, B, C, D, E and F if I'm not wrong. I was from the old CP and was also one of the first to move to cluster A.

In cluster A, there are 5 divisions. A1 to A5. Each Division has 3 housing units and are normally called as HU1 to HU3.

A5 Is for laundry workers, pre release and staff cafe.

A4 is for kitchen workers, RTC and Section 55.

(Section 55. The famous detention without trail. 55 drug cases will all be housed in cluster A4. All the SS for section 55 will be transferred to Tanah Merah Prison. Minimum for 55 is review every 4 years with no remission. Some I know in a4 have already served 9 years or more and these were well known drug lords in Europe but sadly made their way back to visit family and got thrown in with insufficient evidence.
The terror section 55 is house at the famous mas selamat place.
Hokkien lingo for 55 is "ko chap ko".)

A3 is for bakery and some industrial work and can't really remember.

A2 and A1 is basically the hardcore ones from CP. The blue collar and red collar ones. Means Blue collar is PD. Preventive detention means no remission. 10 or 20 years means they have to sit it straight out. Red collar are those with more than 20years sentence like the SIA cheating case guy.

Condemn prisoners are also in cluster A. Can't really remember which division and hu is from which old prison as I was out for more than 6 years.

As for shaving of armpit and pubic hair is because of hygiene. All disposable shavers have a 2 week shelf life. All are labelled with the inmate number and stored into a box like a key press. That is why no shaving is allowed.

I had stints in A3 during transfer from old CP as part of the first kitchen crew needed to start up the new kitchen from the old CP. Then to A4 when the rest of the CP shifted in. Then to A5 as part of the staff cafe inmate serving the staff. As for my long story I'll prob meet TS and let him write my story.”

Being lockup in B4, Dayroom 3 is the place which I will never forget in my whole life as that is where that changes me, my thinking and my life.

Still remember that moment when I was still hesitating while sharing my personal life story with my roommates, I thought it’s a waste of time! To me, I have been living in a ‘cruel’ world since young and I have always thought myself that I can survive on myself without depending on anyone. I’ve been living in a world with no trust, betrayal and motive behind every action throughout on life before I went in to prison.

My parents were divorced when I was only 6 years old. Together with my elder brother who is 3 years older than me, we were under the care and stay with our father after their divorce. My mother was only allowed to visit us once per week. Living in a single parent’s envoirment had trained me and my brother to be stronger, living in the childhood without the feel of mother’s love and taking care of ourselves most of the time.

My father had a stall worked as a wholesaler in Pasir Panjang Vegetables Wholesale Center which required him to work in the night time and sleep in the day time. There are moments when me and my brother slept at home, attending and returning from school ourselves, eat and taking care ourselves throughout the day. And there are moments when we followed our father to his workplace in the night time, either sleep in his lorry or wandering around in the wholesale center which I treat that place as my ground.

About 1 year after my parent’s divorce, somehow I got a ‘serious’ sickness which nearly took my life away. I stay in SGH Hospital under care and treatment for almost 1 year. My grandmother (my mother’s mother) who is a Malaysian, later came and take care me and brother till my age of 13.

My secondary school’s life sucks also. I don’t spend much time hangout with anyone in school. I am a lone ranger throughout the 4 years study. Due to the economic crisis in 1997 which caused the failure of my father’s business and into bad financial, I spent most of my time working everyday after school. I ended my studies after my graduation from secondary school and serve my 2 years national service soon after.

I ORD in 2003, had worked a few temp jobs before I got the chance get into one of a MNC company, started out as management trainee. Spending 3 years as a retail manager working, learning and growing, I resigned in 2007 for various reasons and soon I started out my own business in retail trade. Spending all my credit limits from credit cards and cashline together with my hard-earned savings. My first and only the retail shop was set-up in Queensway Shopping Centre.

I ended my retail business after 1 year of operation. I had covert and concentrate my business into in distribution trade instead. Contributing most of my time on my business, I have meet and entertaining clients, buyers and suppliers from asia throughout the 3 years operation.

Business was acceptable for the first year, growing on 2nd year and maintaining on the 1st quarter of 3rd year. Till my nightmare begins on june 2010............................................ (To Be Continued)

Chapter 3.5: Number 1 Killer

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chapter 3.5: Number 1 Killer

In June 2010, a month which most Singaporeans are waiting for. Great Singapore sales event, school holiday and overseas holiday trips. But to me, this was the month that had changed my ‘normal’ life and make me suffered!

Marina Bay Sands (MBS), opened in April 2010, the casino-resort’s revenue about US737.6 million (from opening till july2011), was the 1st casino I’ve ever been to. My first visit to MBS was due to my boredom , curiosity and sightseeing.

I have won some money and I returned to the casino again the next day within my 24 hours entry permit as it was my off day. Luck was more my side, I won a total profit of 11k within 2days. Soon I visited both MBS and RWS (Resort World Sentosa) mostly everyday throughout the month of June, and in the end I lost a total amount of about $130k back to the casinos. I have lost my hard-earned savings, my company, my lifestyle and making myself in debts, all thanks to the hunger of my greed!

I ended my business soon after. I felt regretted, depress, anger, sad, stress, hopeless in life to the stage that I thought of ending my life and had locked myself up in my room for days, trying to end my life by drinking dentol, swallowing pills and cutting my pulse (click here to view my scar) . After 2 attempts of commit suicide, I was still alive but had only made my life even worse, making my family members sad, hurt and cried for my doings!

For your information, commit suicide in Singapore is a serious offence.

Legal gambling may not be a offence, but make sure you must have your limit. Cases like me are very common in Singapore nowadays. If you choose to exceed your limit, make sure you are ready to face the consequences!

For those who have not been to casino but intending to go, I would advise you to stop visiting after your first visit.

For those who have visited regularly to pass time, those as ‘part-time’ / ‘full-time’ gamblers and those whom have already ‘donated’ a huge sum of your hard-earned money to the casinos, my advice to you is to stop and wake up to your sense while it is still not too late.

I apologise if I have offended some of you. You may disagree and negative thoughts on my comments. Although I know myself very clear that I am nobody and have no rightes to tell you what to do and what is best for you, but I really hope readers who are gamblers, please spend 5 minutes to think about what I have wrote! I had went through the gambling experience and suffering moments personally, I can totally understand your feeling of winning and losing. Please spend your free time read through past newspaper and don’t be surprise that almost every day, there were reports on all sorts of people from different backgrounds end up bankrupt, divorce, borrowing loan sharks, ran away leaving debts to their family, commit suicide and crimes because of gambling (The Number 1 killer).

Still not convincing enough? I hope my Q&A theory below can convince you!

What will you do if you lost $500 to casino?
You will withdrawn money from atm and gamble, hoping just to win back whatever you lost. (This is how you will fall into the trap of anger, panic and greed)

What will you do if you won $500 from casino?
You may stay longer or leave immediately, but very high percentage in returning to casino again due to the lure of easy money. (This is how you will fall into the trap of greed)

What happen next is unexplainable and I will not to comment more on it. You may be the lucky one or end up like me. The choice is yours and blame no one on the path you choose.

Spending months living in the worse moment of my life and owning a sum of outstanding debts to banks and companies after the incident, I tried to be strong and spend most of my time working hard in taking up 2-3 jobs. While trying hard and find ways to settle my debts as soon as possible, I worked from one company to another that provides better income.

In April 2011, I returned to the MNC company which I had used to work with after my national service. I thought my burden will be lesser as the salary offered upon confirmation after the 2 months probation is sufficient for my daily living expenses and paying off debts. But soon after I started work, ‘something’ happened unexpectedly which required me a sum money to settle it urgently. Under the stress and depression, with other resource in gathering the funds I needed, I secretly use company’s funds to settle my problem. I know what I am doing is a crime. But at that moment, I would rather choose to end up in jail than get involved with loan sharks to settle the problem. I turned myself in to the company soon after my crime and I was summoned to Cantonment Police Station soon after!

I kept asking myself and heaven why the world is so unfair to me? Why is my life in a mess since young? I want to change but why there are no choices for me? I need ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assumed that it would be the end of my life after going to prison. But I was wrong, I had found my answers in prison! In prison, I am convince and positive in what I see , hear, experienced it personally! Now I am happy that I am lucky enough not to get myself killed! I am lucky enough to have my hands, legs, eyes, ears, etc.. with me properly function while there are people whom don’t. I may be poor and still in bad financial status now but not as poor as people from third-war countries who have to fought for food for survival! I am not suffering alone, there are others who are facing the same fate and other’s even worse till we can never imagine! I will never blame on others for the things I do. I am the one whom have destroyed myself and I will be the one who will going to fix it back!

Chapter 3.6: Criminal Breach Of Trust
To Be Continued

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro can I ask...thansk for your post, now if say someone give you $10k, will you still consider to visit casinos for purely entertainment ? Or any other form of betting like horse / soccer ?

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro can I ask...thansk for your post, now if say someone give you $10k, will you still consider to visit casinos for purely entertainment ? Or any other form of betting like horse / soccer ?

Frankly speaking..i wont and i had ban myself from casino already. going there will only make me sick.. Soccer and horse i don play also. maybe 10K can use for do business or investment better.

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal

你改变不了环境,但可以改变自已..
你改变不了事实,但你可以改变态度..
你改变不了过去,但你可以改变现在..
不能预知明天,但你可以把握今天..
你对生活微笑,那么生活也对你微笑..

别让生活有 太多遗憾.....

你改变不了过去,但你可以改变现在..

过去的就让它过去,会在未来走的更加好。
因为抛弃了不必要的包袱,生活才会更美好。
人生如此短暂,有什么理由,不去好好的生活呐。
有太多的事情要你去做,有很重要的人等着你去珍惜。
不要回头看,前面的世界才更精彩。
因为在我回首时,我可以指着那条尽是痛苦和泪水的路,大声地骄傲地说:
“看,这就是我自己走出来的路..”

不能预知明天,但你可以把握今天..

“森林中有一个分岔口,我愿选择脚印少的那一条路,这样我的一生会截然不同。” 基丁说过这样的话。

一条路走的人多了,总会弄得泥泞不堪,总会弄得尘土飞扬。
为何不换一条路走走,也许一切将会是另一种样子。
把握住自己的今天,那么明天绝对会更美好..

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chapter 3.6: Criminal Breach Of Trust

Criminal Breach of Trust (CBT) is one of the most common crimes in Singapore. So what exactly is CBT and what are the punishments for the offenders:

Whoever, being in any manner entrusted with property, or with any dominion over property, dishonestly misappropriates or converts to his own use that property, or dishonestly uses or disposes of that property in violation of any direction of law prescribing the mode in which such trust is to be discharged, or of any legal contract, express or implied, which he has made touching the discharge of such trust, or wilfully suffers any other person to do so, commits Criminal Breach Of Trust (CBT)

Illustration

(a) A, being executor to the will of a deceased person, dishonestly disobeys the law which directs him to divide the effects according to the will, and appropriates them to his own use. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

(b) A is a warehouse-keeper. Z, going on a journey, entrusts his furniture to A, under a contract that it shall be returned on payment of a stipulated sum for warehouse room. A dishonestly sells the goods. A has committed breach of trust.

(c) A, residing in Singapore, is agent for Z, residing in Penang. There is an express or implied contract between A and Z that all sums remitted by Z to A shall be invested by A according to Z’s direction. Z remits $5,000 to A, with directions to A to invest the same in Government securities. A dishonestly disobeys the direction, and employs the money in his own business. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

(d) But if A, in the last illustration, not dishonestly, but in good faith, believing that it will be more for Z’s advantage to hold shares in the Bank X, disobeys Z’s directions, and buys shares in the Bank X for Z, instead of buying Government securities, here, though Z should suffer loss and should be entitled to bring a civil action against A on account of that loss, yet A, not having acted dishonestly, has not committed criminal breach of trust.

(e) A, a collector of Government money, or a clerk in a Government office, is entrusted with public money, and is either directed by law, or bound by a contract, express or implied, with the Government, to pay into a certain treasury all the public money which he holds. A dishonestly appropriates the money. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

(f) A, a carrier, is entrusted by Z with property to be carried by land or by water. A dishonestly misappropriates the property. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

Punishment of Criminal Breach Of Trust

406. Whoever commits criminal breach of trust shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 7 years, or with fine, or with both.
Criminal breach of trust by carrier, etc.

407. Whoever, being entrusted with property as a carrier, wharfinger or warehouse-keeper, commits criminal breach of trust in respect of such property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 15 years, and shall also be liable to fine.
Criminal breach of trust by clerk or servant.

408. Whoever, being a clerk or servant, or employed as a clerk or servant, and being in any manner entrusted in such capacity with property, or with any dominion over property, commits criminal breach of trust in respect of that property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 15 years, and shall also be liable to fine.
Criminal breach of trust by public servant, or by banker, merchant, or agent.

409. Whoever, being in any manner entrusted with property, or with any dominion over property, in his capacity of a public servant, or in the way of his business as a banker, merchant, factor, broker, attorney or agent, commits criminal breach of trust in respect of that property, shall be punished with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 20 years, and shall also be liable to fine.

I was charged under section 408 and there were another 2 roommates of mine in B4 who had commit CBT as well:

6xx1 is a 26 years old Chinese guy who worked as a accountant in a shipping firm. He earned about $1600 per month, was divorced with his wife and had a 5 years old daughter under the care of him. Due to his addiction of gambling of illegal soccer betting, his monthly salary was never enough to pay for his loses. Till one day, he got no chance but to loan from licensed money lenders and loan sharks to settle his debts. He ended up in deeper debts due to the high interest rates of both money lenders and loan sharks. Feeling lost and unable to undertake the mental stress, he choose to settle his debts using company funds. He turned himself shortly after he commit the crime.

Just like me, gambling had ruined 6xx1’s life. I hope he had learn his lesson and take care her daughter well after his release from CPC.

6xx3, age about mid 30s, is a soft spoken decent guy. He was requested by his ‘sworn’ brother to act as guarantor for loans. He agreed due to their years of friendship and his trust to him. 6xx3 never expected his ‘sworn’ brother went missing shortly after he got the loans. Betrayal by his ‘sworn’ brother caused him in debts. Weeks of feeling regretted, anger, depress and stress that caused him to settle the debts using the company funds secretly.

He somehow managed to repay back the funds he stole from the company without being caught in weeks later. Thinking nothing will happened to him. Till the day of company’s internal audit check, his doing was found out by the auditor and he was reported to the police by the company thereafter.

A advice for readers: Friends may be important, but be careful in how you help them. Sometimes even your nearest one will be the one hurting you most and destroy your life.

You can still be charged for CBT even if you had returned the sum of money which you had took from your employer for personal uses.

I received a email from a reader recently and here’s what he wrote:

“Hi Bro

I have a wife and 2 sons which are still very young. 3.5yrs old and 1.5 yrs old. I am currently working ok with a ok salary.

I have been to the casino also hoping to win some money to make ends meet.
I did not lose much and got worried when I lose coz I have kids to feed and pampers to buy. I end up borrowing from legal money lenders to make ends meet again and currently trying to stay afloat. I hope I can clear them all by this month end.

My wife doesn’t know about this lending though and I know she will be very angry if she got to know about me borrowing monies.

There are days before I get my salary I buy a loft of bread and kaya and have them as my meal for a few days. When she ask if I have eaten, I always say yes. I try to think that I am just fasting…. Sigh…

Bro, sorry to brood to you my story too. Just wanted to talk to someone who been to hell and back. Your story have encouraged me somewhat and made me more aware not to do anything illegal just to fulfill my needs. There are times when I am so tempted to do so. But thinking of my sons and my wife, I refrain. My only worry now is my credit cards debts which I have not been able to pay for a long time… there are suicidal times as well for me but only reason why i am alive is becoz of my 2 sons.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your story. I hope to be able to make things right again.”

From what he wrote, I am happy that my story did actually encouraged him and had prevented him from committing a crime.

Advice: Please spare a thought for your loved ones before you intend to commit a crime!

Chapter 4: 'Yard' Time
----To Be Continued---

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chapter 4.1: 'Yard' Time

“A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life, and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it, and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first pot, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs and the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word. In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.

Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what do you see?" "Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied. She brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they got soft. She then asked her to take the egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, she asked her to smell and sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she smelled and tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, "What's the point, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity- boiling water-but each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When trials and adversity knock on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"

Think of this: Which am I?

Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a passive heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside, am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?

Or, am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavour. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you become better and change the situation around you.

When the hours are the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate to another level?

So readers, how do you handle adversity?
Like the CARROT, the EGG, OR the COFFEE BEAN?”

A new day begins in B4, dayroom 3, cell room 629. The morale between me and all my roommates had been established well. As we are all in the same ‘communication channel’, there are no agreement and conflicts between us for the past 1 day lock-up. And this is a day which we are waiting for as there is a 1 hour ‘yard’ activity for all inmates in dayroom 3.

The ’Yard’ room, which is located on the same storey shared by the 3 dayrooms. Inmates from each dayroom will rotate and take turns for ‘yard’ activity. 1st batch will normally start immediately after breakfast.

Announcement had been made through our cell room’s intelcom informing us to get ready for our ‘Yard’ soon after our 9am muster check. The cell room’s door opened 5 minutes later and all the inmates (except those who have reported sick) in dayroom 3 were gathered and headcount by the cookies. One of the house rules is that inmates are not allowed to wear their shirts during ‘Yard’ activity and we are to proceed to the Yardroom without our shirt on. I can see all sorts of scars and tattoos on the inmate’s bodies! Within 5 minutes, we’ve reach the entrance of the Yard room and as usual, we striped ourselves for checking before we enter the Yard room.

Yard room is about the size of 2 basketball courts (More description on Yard room can be found on chapter 2.3). In Yard room, there are one basketball court and a sipat tecok court. Slip-on shoes for exercise, Water cooler and toilets are also available in the Yard room.

Once all inmates (about 120 inmates) are ready and had assembled in the Yard room, we will need to do body stretching led by a cookie first. Once stretching are completed and permission to proceed are given by the prison officer, inmates who are required to shave will proceed to the shaving area while inmates who want to exercise will proceed to collect the socks and shoes at the shelving near the entrance. Hair cutting, fingernails cutter and newspaper are also available for the inmates. House rule for ball games: inmates are only allowed to play basketball with the duration of 30 minutes and another 30 minutes is for sipat tecok. Both courts are not allowed for games at the same time.

What is Sepak Takraw?
Sepak takraw,or known as kick volleyball, is a sport native to the Malay-Thai Peninsula. Sepak takraw differs from the similar sport of volleyball in its use of a rattan ball and only allowing players to use their feet, knee, chest and head to touch the ball.

I spent my first day of Yard walking and observing around. I can see inmates jogging around the courts, inmates doing push-up and sit-up, inmates reading newspapers and inmates from all races and ages playing ball games together.

I can also see inmates sitting at corners, chatting with each others. Unlike the past, inmates nowadays no longer challenged each other using their secret society backgrounds. Most of the inmates will just approach to each other for chatting without minding each other background.

I walked to the notice board which is also located in the Yard room as well. I can see all the house rules and regulations in hardcopy attached within. There are also posters informing inmates about upcoming events and the ones coming soon is a cooking contest and a art design’s contest among the inmates which is organized by Yellow Ribbons and sponsored by other communities. The most important for all inmates for references is the P.S List on the notice board. This P.S list will state all inmate’s ID Number and which prison officer are their P.S.

Note: P.S is inmate’s officer-in-charge. Inmates are to approach their P.S for personal issues and assistances.

After done reading through all the notices on the notice board, I walked to the wall near the toilet and try to view the outside world through those tiny holes on that wall. I can only manage to see some blocks of ‘condominium’ just opposite B4 and nothing much. I was curious as I thought it is impossible to have residents staying nearby CPC. So I approached some LT inmates for information.

Later then I found out that the residents staying in those blocks of ‘Condominium’ are actually the ‘Prison Officers’........

Chapter 4.2: The Prison Officers
--To Be Continued--

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they are the quarters for the Prison officers...

one question bro...

shave head or pubic hair? I read you posted that they shave armpit and pubic hair for hygiene is it? DIY?