• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My life experience in Changi Prison (Cluster B)

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inmate:

- What about special days like Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Christmas etc, do you get different food or something special?

- Do the cookies who distribute food play bad guy? Like if they don't like your face, they don't give out the drumstick or full boiled egg. Or if they like you, they give you two full boiled egg instead of one. Does such things happen?

Waiting for your post on caning (what, how, where, effects etc).

My national day in prison was a additional pack of biscuits and a pack of soft drink.

Foods in prison are distributed equally no matter who yiu are..

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you don't seem to mention TV, there is no TV room in the prision, right?

What about radio? Can have personal radio or is there a "radio room"?

Lastly, is there a library for inmates to borrow/read books?

If no library, how about those inmates studying in prison, like maybe GCE A level or University of London external degree? Or no studying for inmates?

There is a TV to watch during our dayroomm activities. (I did mentioned it in chapter: Dayroom)

There is no radio allowed and no radio room

Got books to borrowed.. I will cover that in the next coming chapters.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good read, thanks for sharing.

Some noob questions:
1) did any inmates or officer deliberately trying to make ur life difficult?
2) can u complain? ; or
3) request to change cell?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, seriously I thought you going to ask if they give points.

Good read, thanks for sharing.

Some noob questions:
1) did any inmates or officer deliberately trying to make ur life difficult?
2) can u complain? ; or
3) request to change cell?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you forgot that on festival occasions , they are give some special food such as Nasi Briyani.

My national day in prison was a additional pack of biscuits and a pack of soft drink.

Foods in prison are distributed equally no matter who yiu are..

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing compared to Thai or Indo prison. Here, half in jail cos cannot pay
the fines for various reasons, speeding, littering, parking and even for not
paying TV licience previously. Here, prison is mainly for the poor. If in doubt
go to sub court and sit a day and you will know how many are sent to JAIL
for stupid offences cos they cannot pay the fines. The system dont believe
in handing corrective or community time, pay and you are let free no money
you do the time.

Inmate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chapter 5.5: Rotan

Dear Readers, I have not gone through ‘rotan’ stage so whatever I write here is based on hearsay!

In the prison’s world, the most fearful moment for the inmates beside hanging, is ‘Rotan’ (In malay language) which means caning. I was being told that ‘rotan’ session is normally done on every Tuesday and Friday of the week.
A convicted male criminal who is between the ages of 18 and 50 and has been certified medically fit by a medical officer may be subjected to judicial caning, receiving a maximum of 24 strokes of the cane on any one occasion, irrespective of the total number of offences committed. If the offender is under 18 he may receive up to 10 strokes of the cane, but a lighter rattan cane will be used in this case.

The convict will not be caned if he has been sentence to death.

Singaporean law allows caning to be ordered for over 30 offences, including hostage-taking, robbery, gang robbery with murder drug use, vandalism, and rioting. Caning is also a mandatory punishment for certain offences such as rape, drug trafficking, illegal, loansharking activities and for visiting foreigners who overstay their visa by more than 90 days, a measure designed to deter illegal immigrant workers.

A rattan cane four feet (1.2 metres) long and half an inch (1.27 cm) thick is used for prison and judicial canings. The cane is soaked in water beforehand to make it heavier and more flexible.

Caning is in practice always ordered in addition to a jail sentence and never as a punishment by itself. It is administered in an enclosed area in the prison, out of view of the public and other inmates. Those present are limited to the inmate, prison wardens, medical officers, the caning officer and sometimes high-ranking prison officials to witness the punishment.

An inmate sentenced to caning receives no advance warning as to when he will be caned, and is notified only on the day his sentence is to be carried out. In the caning room, the inmate is ordered to strip naked and receives a medical examination by the prison doctor to check whether he is medically fit for caning, by measuring his blood pressure and other physical conditions. If the doctor gives the green light, the inmate then receives his caning, but if he is certified unfit for punishment, he is sent back to the court for his prison term to be increased instead. A prison official confirms with him the number of strokes he is to receive.

The inmate is then led to the A-shaped frame (called a "caning trestle") and his wrists and ankles secured tightly to the frame by strong leather straps in such a way that he assumes a bent-over position on the frame at an angle of close to 90° at the hip, with his posterior protruding. Protective padding is placed on his lower back to protect the vulnerable kidney and lower spine area from any mis-strokes so that only his buttocks are exposed to the cane. The officer administering the caning takes up position beside the frame and delivers the number of strokes specified in the sentence, at intervals of 10 to 15 seconds. He is required to put his full force into each stroke. The strokes are administered all in one caning session, unless the medical officer certifies that the inmate cannot receive any more strokes because of his condition, in which case the rest of the strokes are converted to additional prison time.

After the caning, the inmate is released from the frame and receives medical treatment. Antiseptic lotion is applied and the wounds left to heal. Where a large number of strokes is given, there is long-term scarring of the buttocks.

I was also being told by some of the inmates that the screams of the victims after each stroke of the whip makes one lose all appetite for food. The cane breaks skin and draws blood. Doctors are on hand to administer treatment and to assess if the individual can take more punishment...

Next Chapter: Home Detention First Interview
To Be Continued

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: All On Screen !

tks bro...

they say, even grown up man will break down during caning...although they say u must never show weakness to act garang...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

add on to the caning info........
there are inmates who are present.......the cookies that are in charge of setting up the caning session.
I was the cookie IC for QRP last time i was in....they mostly cane immigration offenders there, average 8 strokes.....mostly all the blangas....except one loanshark runner kena 11 strokes was the max i seen during my time there.
Crying, screaming all not shameful la....there are others that pass out, pee and even shit themselves (knn all clean up by us). The indians, blanga foreign workers are the worst....the PRCs, thais etc mostly better

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we are not suppose to witness the canning session and made to face the walls....but all sure peep la. if kena caught will tambah sentence but the officers all give warnings only

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes true...
never pay conservency also will kena jail but come out not written off hor....still must pay!

Nothing compared to Thai or Indo prison. Here, half in jail cos cannot pay
the fines for various reasons, speeding, littering, parking and even for not
paying TV licience previously. Here, prison is mainly for the poor. If in doubt
go to sub court and sit a day and you will know how many are sent to JAIL
for stupid offences cos they cannot pay the fines. The system dont believe
in handing corrective or community time, pay and you are let free no money
you do the time.

Last edited:

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
The strokes are administered all in one caning session, unless the medical officer certifies that the inmate cannot receive any more strokes because of his condition, in which case the rest of the strokes are converted to additional prison time.

Glad all given in one shot, it will be big nightmare, if sentenced 24 strokes, now take 12 strokes and later 12 strokes.

How long does it takes the wounds on the buttocks to heal generally? How long cannot sleep on back?

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal

Crying, screaming all not shameful la....there are others that pass out, pee and even shit themselves (knn all clean up by us). The indians, blanga foreign workers are the worst....the PRCs, thais etc mostly better

Saw this movie on hanging, how this guy was led to the hanging chamber, don't remember the movie name.. could be Changeling or even Shutter Island (don't think it's Shutter Island), I can imagine the feeling..

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saw this movie on hanging, how this guy was led to the hanging chamber, don't remember the movie name.. could be Changeling or even Shutter Island (don't think it's Shutter Island), I can imagine the feeling..

That movie was Changeling, the guy being taken up the stairs to hang is so real, he said "Stop make me walk so fast" (makes me really think of his situation when he said that) as he was being led up the stairs, then he kind of cry.... then he was hang all shown.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes true...
never pay conservency also will kena jail but come out not written off hor....still must pay!

Wonder wats the rational behind the law that cannot aford to pay conservency also kena JAIL,
must be to frighten citizens that there is no LAW in Shittypore.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That movie was Changeling, the guy being taken up the stairs to hang is so real, he said "Stop make me walk so fast" (makes me really think of his situation when he said that) as he was being led up the stairs, then he kind of cry.... then he was hang all shown.

har...changeling...maybe i was half sleeping on the plane..so the guy was guilty of killing the little boy? Thot he refused to say if he indeed kill or the boy is somewhere?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes true...

Serious or not? How many freaking months is that then U get jailed? My uncle never pay for 2 years until he got warning letters then my mom pay for him. KNN my mother give him money every month on top of the rental he gets for his rooms he still dunno how can owe fees for 2 years. I only thought fines get jailed never heard of conservancy also will kena.