• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Gratitude to My SG

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me, I'd say that for Singapore, I would have never migrated, it was knowing that Singapore would be a rock in which water would be squeezed out of by the PAP that made me decide that my life needed something more sane...

And I'm correct, since applying for PR in 2003, PAP has:

1) Increase transport fares at least 6 times.
2) Jacked up utility prices at least 8 times.
3) CPF contributions have been capped
4) CPF annuity has been implemented. (say bye bye to your money)
5) Ho Jinx has happily squandered away BILLIONS.
6) Minister salaries have increased at least 50% while Singaporeans bear the brunt of layoffs/salary cuts.
7) Prataman has signed away the very covenants that he was supposed to protect.
8) Social unrest/crimes have increased.

Can't bear to name more, makes me wish I had a sniper shot with a PAP dog in my sights.

This type of things happen everywhere. Why do you think John Howard got voted out. WA Labor also got voted out for incompetence.

The ratepayers in Cockburn protest against its mayor until he resign.

Now, we are lobbying to remove duplication of functions in the state government.

Finally, Rockingham District Hospital is upgraded to a General Hospital to cater for the larger population there.

But Singapore - you have to stick to the old faces whether you like them or not. Worse, they enrich themselves with their incompetence and hide all the social/economic/investment problems under the carpet. (eg do you know where is your CPF money?)

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, I'd say that for Singapore, I would have never migrated, it was knowing that Singapore would be a rock in which water would be squeezed out of by the PAP that made me decide that my life needed something more sane...

And I'm correct, since applying for PR in 2003, PAP has:

1) Increase transport fares at least 6 times.
2) Jacked up utility prices at least 8 times.
3) CPF contributions have been capped
4) CPF annuity has been implemented. (say bye bye to your money)
5) Ho Jinx has happily squandered away BILLIONS.
6) Minister salaries have increased at least 50% while Singaporeans bear the brunt of layoffs/salary cuts.
7) Prataman has signed away the very covenants that he was supposed to protect.
8) Social unrest/crimes have increased.

Can't bear to name more, makes me wish I had a sniper shot with a PAP dog in my sights.

I'm glad we all see eye-to-eye on the issue... Thank you SG, :o

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another news to show my Gratitude to My SG. SG also teach us to suffer in silence.
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_324806.html

Don't over-rely on govt
Community should also chip in during this downturn says PM Lee

By Li Xueying, Political Correspondent

THE coming year on the lunar calendar is that of the ox - a strong animal, which while 'not very aggressive, is completely dependable'.
Noting this on Sunday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong gave this reassuring message to Singaporeans facing a difficult ride ahead: 'So in our quiet way, we'll see through the year of the ox, and we'll come out of it alright, stronger than before and ready to grow and prosper.'

But he also warned against an over-reliance on the Government for help in 'everything', urging the community to also chip in during this downturn.

This way, Singapore will also cohere as a stronger society.

Mr Lee struck this upbeat note at an off-the-cuff address in his constituency of Teck Ghee in Ang Mo Kio, where he and his grassroots leaders distributed ang pows, vouchers and mandarin oranges to 275 needy residents. He later toured the nearby market and hawker centre, shaking hands and signing autographs.

In a sign of the worsening times, the number of recipients had increased - from 220 last year. So too the amount of money in the red packet - from $80 to $100.

It is such ground-up community efforts that are especially necessary now, said Mr Lee.

The Government will do its part to help Singaporeans ride out the downturn, the Prime Minister promised, listing a litany of schemes from ComCare to GST offset packages.

'But if everything depends on government schemes and it becomes a matter of beaurcratic organisation, entitlement, I think we'll make this impersonal and we'll weaken ourselves as a society.

'And instead of having a sense of mutual support and warmth and comradeship, we'll cultivate a sense of reliance and ultimately a society which is not as strong as it should be.'