• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is (perhaps more like was now) an unwritten social contract - the government knows best and is doing everything in the best interest for Singapore. Leave everything to the government.

That is one reason why many Singaporeans allowed themselves to be so thoroughly de-politicize and focus on the bread and butter issues. So thorough was the process that we have adults from the best schools in Singapore saying that the PAP is Singapore. They forgot that the 超级白 is only a political party. The 超级白 is definitely not Singapore.

Looking back, with all the various policies in place - the relentless drive for GDP with the stop at 2 policy etc, the pegging of their salary to GDP, and now the relentless welcoming of foreigners at the tax payer's and Singaporeans expense to increase the GDP. etc etc All so self serving. What a betrayal!

What else do you need clarification?

Excellent analysis of the political apathy in SG.. JBJ and CSJ were politically ahead of their times.

I look forward to more CSJ, TJS, VW, AYG, ML, NS, JA, JG, etc in the years to come..It will be good for SG

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tracy, Sydney more laid back than Singapore. I can walk around eng eng cheng cheng without all the rush or having somebody breathing down my neck.

My son, in one of the G8 uni, is having his exam soon. His 1st paper is on 30 Oct.

Guess what is he doing now? Gaming. Not laid back? I don;t know what to say. No pressure at all. :eek:

i also live this kind of lifestyle. amazing, right?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy, Sydney more laid back than Singapore. I can walk around eng eng cheng cheng without all the rush or having somebody breathing down my neck.

My son, in one of the G8 uni, is having his exam soon. His 1st paper is on 30 Oct.

Guess what is he doing now? Gaming. Not laid back? I don;t know what to say. No pressure at all. :eek:

hahahaha...I congratulate you for bringing up an all rounded son...he sounds confident of his own ability...no need to kang cheong...that's good for him

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Excellent analysis of the political apathy in SG.. JBJ and CSJ were politically ahead of their times.

I look forward to more CSJ, TJS, VW, AYG, ML, NS, JA, JG, etc in the years to come..It will be good for SG

They are not ahead of their time. They are very current to the progress of the nation. Only sinkie low life primitive PAP are still living in the past. If not why still dwell on the history repeatedly. Look at your freaking tv programs, i heard that most of it all showing series of the past.

Past is for the museum, not for high tech advancing and progressing nation. Your PAP is holding progress at every facet of life in your pathetic sinkieland.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at your freaking tv programs, i heard that most of it all showing series of the past.

Past is for the museum, not for high tech advancing and progressing nation. Your PAP is holding progress at every facet of life in your pathetic sinkieland.

Agree that MSM are behind times and are manipulated..we thank the internet opening the eyes of Singaporeans

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking back, with all the various policies in place - the relentless drive for GDP with the stop at 2 policy etc, the pegging of their salary to GDP, and now the relentless welcoming of foreigners at the tax payer's and Singaporeans expense to increase the GDP. e

I must admit that the drive to relentlessly grow GDP could be related to investment performance. Betrayal is a choice of semantics. We might as well say, they betray themselves leaving them a Catch 22 situation.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree that MSM and media corp are behind times and are manipulated by the pap..we thank the internet for thwarting the dictatorial schemes of the pap and opening the eyes of Singaporeans

You are mentioning Mediacorps. You are sure you want to so directly mention Mediacorps?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
winning at one maths olympiad or winning a science quiz is not important. dont let the media distract us from the important issues...how our citizens are struggling and how life is difficult in SG ..

Because we are talking about education and the reason for move is education, that is why I brought these up. If it about working shorter hours, can shake legs or having free healthcare for life, I will not argue with you because those are not false premises.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that for my kids.

Neither do mine and they all got their education in Singapore and neither do they take a lot of tuition but I know my kids can work very hard when they are required to and to "tuan" at the right time. The same kid who struggles in one system will not struggle if the hurdle is lowered in another system. But it still does not change the innate quality of the person.

Crane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because we are talking about education and the reason for move is education, that is why I brought these up. If it about working shorter hours, can shake legs or having free healthcare for life, I will not argue with you because those are not false premises.

I like the way you argue. Sleek !

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

no lahh..we are not arguing...just sharing opinions

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither do mine and they all got their education in Singapore and neither do they take a lot of tuition but I know my kids can work very hard when they are required to and to "tuan" at the right time. The same kid who struggles in one system will not struggle if the hurdle is lowered in another system. But it still does not change the innate quality of the person.

you are perhaps those fortunate few in SG