• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
true. but given the child's ability, he will enjoy life more in aus than in SG

He may enjoy his childhood more but I don't know how he would enjoy his adulthood. When a child reaches adulthood, if he is an ambitious person, he will be attracted to a more "happening" place. I have friends who brought up children there but their children want to go to the hometown of their parents for their career development.

If you have been living in a pressure-cooker environment, you long for an easier place. But if you are so used to a laid back environment, sometimes you would want to go for a more happening place.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HC is part of the pap set-up.

the pap has betrayed Singaporeans' trust and has used this trust to invite foreigners into Singapore at the expense of Singaporeans' well being

OIC. You are referring to part of the political setup. Technically, is she a party member or just spouse of a senior party member?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
true. but given the child's ability, he will enjoy life more in aus than in SG

The child's ability might not be fully tapped if placed in a non-challenging environment. I have often marveled at the agility of those people from more challenging environments than ours.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He may enjoy his childhood more but I don't know how he would enjoy his adulthood. When a child reaches adulthood, if he is an ambitious person, he will be attracted to a more "happening" place. I have friends who brought up children there but their children want to go to the hometown of their parents for their career development.

If you have been living in a pressure-cooker environment, you long for an easier place. But if you are so used to a laid back environment, sometimes you would want to go for a more happening place.

makes sense...but sydney is no laid back place

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OIC. You are referring to part of the political setup. Technically, is she a party member or just spouse of a senior party member?

the poltical set-up of SG extends way beyond the PAP..GIC, TH, GLCs, TLCs..are all part of the poltical set-up.

LKY demands the onedience of the ministers. LKY in turn rewards them handsomely while they are in the Cabinet and way after their departure from political office..

look at TT, LBY, Dhanablan, etc...

once you are in LKY's good books, you are rewarded by LKY for life at the expense of SG tax payers.

Public funds are used to achieve a PAP political goal.

So HC is part of this pap political game

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The child's ability might not be fully tapped if placed in a non-challenging environment. I have often marveled at the agility of those people from more challenging environments than ours.

may be true for some...

but has SG produce and noteworthy geniuses despite the pap claimed excellent education?

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know PAP's definition of meritocracy? If you are a scholar you have merit. You have it. She was a President Scholar. That is why she is put in charge of Temasek. This thing about trusting people that you know is always there.

I believe at one point she wanted to step down and then she changed her mind after suffering further losses. If you look at the results closely, the returns in the last few years have not been good, propped up by the long term average. Sometimes for these things, it is 骑虎难下 (difficult to dismount from a tiger's back).

It is all about the LEEgime.

And yes, I remembered that Goodyear tyre wayang. Wonder how much they paid him to seal his mouth.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
makes sense...but sydney is no laid back place

The whole of Australia is relatively laid back. You ask someone for a quotation it takes them one week to reply you or never. In other places, you get it the same day or the next day. I heard getting a phone activated can take up to a month.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
may be true for some...

but has SG produce and noteworthy geniuses despite the pap claimed excellent education?

I also don't fully buy all the things they do to the education system because they change things too often, sometimes making 180 degree turns. But the challenging environment can give you tough graduands.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tough in rote memorising. Tough in burning the mid-night oil without understanding what is going on. Tough in learning for the test but not in real life application. Tough in following the rules and don't allow any flexibility and alternative. Tough in copying assignments, lecture notes, highlighting textbook. You think an education should encourage all this?

I also don't fully buy all the things they do to the education system because they change things too often, sometimes making 180 degree turns. But the challenging environment can give you tough graduands.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is all about the LEEgime.

And yes, I remembered that Goodyear tyre wayang. Wonder how much they paid him to seal his mouth.

That's true.

The pap realises that they cant gag Charles Goodyear the way they can do to obedient dogs.

Better to cut cost and pay Goodyear off early rather than have to deal with him when he takes over as TH CEO

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole of Australia is relatively laid back. You ask someone for a quotation it takes them one week to reply you or never. In other places, you get it the same day or the next day. I heard getting a phone activated can take up to a month.

some may see it as laid back...others admire the australians for their balanced lifestyle, productivity and confidence.

who is smarter in leading their respective lifestyles, the stressed out Singaporean or the fun australian?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tough in rote memorising. Tough in burning the mid-night oil without understanding what is going on. Tough in learning for the test but not in real life application. Tough in following the rules and don't allow any flexibility and alternative. Tough in copying assignments, lecture notes, highlighting textbook. You think an education should encourage all this?

Don't know which school you or your children have gone to. Only children who cannot follow the lessons would go rote memorizing to go through.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

good points..

a good education system shd be wholesome and encourage self learning, inquisitiveness, articulation, confidence, understanding, reasoning, logic, rationalisation, etc. To have this good system, a teacher must have time for every student.

SG's system of having a class size of 40 students already tells you where we stand. The Minister of Education plays with words when he said: "Class size is not the only factor in education."

what baloney..what we are saying is "Class size of 40 is not a good system"..Does he agree or does he not agree?