• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My friend in need of some advice of divorce on daughter primary school overseas trip

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: My friend in need of some advice of divorce on daughter primary school overseas t

as a one time expense, just pay the $650 and forget about it. if your friend loves his daughter then he should support her.

the problem arises when the ex-wife abuses the money and use it for something else like paying for the expenses of her own kids, or worse still, pay off gambling debts or new hubby's debts.

Wife already very clear. The cost 50/50 is fair la.
$650 is a reasonable amount consider passport/air ticket/hotel/.......................

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: My friend in need of some advice of divorce on daughter primary school overseas t

And to all the single men out there,
Still want to get married and get fucked over by the Women's Charter?
And no, even if you avoid Sinkie women and marry a foreign bride, as long as you have registered your marriage in Singapore, you're still subject to the Women's Charter.

I have made an affirmed decision to consciously avoid marriage. Join me.
Retain your freedom, your money and most importantly, your sanity.
No bitch to nag you, no in-laws to pester you, no need to ask for permission for evening nights out or on a solo vacation, no need to justify how I spend the money I earn, no chores to help out with and no weekend errands to do.

Life is pretty damn good as a single man.
Trust me.

I tend to agree with you on this one.

The best single man is a rich single man.

If you have some passive investment that pays you monthly like 10 to 20k per month. life is a joy. buy anything you want, travel any where you want and do anything you want.

All single men should go for passive investments and then live life to the fullest.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If he really love his daughter and wants the best for her, he wouldn't be asking this question.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

i dun think its the money issue. i think he is just bway song he has to give the money via the wife (he do not trust her). if i were him i give the wife the middle finger ask her go fuck herself, but i will under the dark pass the money to my daughter ask her to enjoy urself

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If he really love his daughter and wants the best for her, he wouldn't be asking this question.

Principles triumph over some 'love' bullshit.

She won the (effective) custody of the child. He only gets a pathetic amount of visitation time. How do you play the role of a 'loving father' with 2 hours a week and one overnight each weekend? Joint custody my ass.

So he is only obliged to pay the legally required amount of child support. That's all.
If she can't afford the $650 herself, maybe she should reconsider relinquishing her child custodial rights.

Anything more than that is extortion. And may set a dangerous precedent.

Please, all my fellow Sinkie men, be a bit more seng mok in such issues and stop getting played for a fool.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw , both my friend and his ex-wife are not in good terms at all after so many years of divorce.his ex wife abit siao siao type even after she remarry and give birth to 2 more kids.

Btw, his ex wife was caught in adultery when they divorce and even have a baby before finalizing their divorce proceeding.

Being not on good terms is the norm among divorced or separated couples. It is common and is the end result of years of bitterness against one another that finally led to the marriage break-down.

Your 2nd para mentioned that she (the ex-wife) had been unfaithful before the marriage was annulled by the Court.

Did your friend had evidence of that nature - adulter, etc...Did he engaged any private eye, etc...

Was all this (fresh evidence of adultery) mentioned in the subsequent affivadavits submitted to the Family Court?

Was your friend represented by a counsel or was he represented by a legal officer from the Legal Aid Dept?

Insofar, as the forthcoming educational Korean trip is concerned, your friend must accept the fact that he is the father of the child and hence is morally obliged to support the child on such a trip. A move like that from him will augur well and be of great comfort to the child. She will grow to love and respect your friend more. On the contrary, if your friend refuses to pay for the additional cost, his ex-wife may use such an issue to "poison" the mind of the little impressionable kid and that kid will grow up hating your friend.
This is a very delicate issue and one that comes from the heart.

Yes, it is also true that as far as your friend kept paying the Court-ordered monthly maintenance sum of $350/- per month, he is not breaking any legal court order.

But please be sensible. That child is his too.

Any responsible and loving father or mother will chip in to assist the growing child.

The couple may be divorced but the child need Mama as much as she needs her Papa.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[QUOTE=kobe23;1042361]That's what I told my friend. Just pay the $350 to her will do.although it's a school arrangement for overseas trip, for all these years that mynfriend have paid up, it's more tha enough to cover.

Btw my friend have told he daughter that he will paid the $350 directly to his daughter as overseas allowance.[/QUOTE]

Beware...

Never ever pay that court-ordered monthly maintenance of $350/- to the child. Under the Guardianship of Infants Act, she is still a minor.

His ex-wife can haul him to the Family Court for a violation of the Court Order.

This is serious matter.

The fact that the Court made an order of $350 monthly maintenance for the child and gave the physical custody to his wife, she (ex-wife) must receive that sum.

Warn your friend immediately. Your friend can be jailed for it and may loose week-end custody and care and control of that little girl.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[QUOTE=kobe23;1043161]The problem is that my friend ex wife stillnvery nasty to my friend even she remarried and got 2more kids.
The $350 per month , my friend have been giving for the pass 8-9 years. My friends daughter do not need milk powder anymore.she is already 11yrs old.Btw, his ex wife have already paid the Korea trip expense , now she Judy drop a mail to my friend friend and ask for 50-50 with my friend.[/QUOTE]

This payment will go on until the child becomes 18 years of age.

Forget about MILK.

Frankly, that sum of $350/- truly IS NOT enough to cover her expenses - books, tuition, daily expenses, school transportation, food, medical, clothings. The list goes on.

The needs of the child will increase with the passage of time. Secondary school, coming of age, hanphones and what not...

It is NOT cheap to bring up a child in Singapore.

The Family Court MUST have good reasons for only ordering a sum of $350 per month as maintenance for the child.

Remain co-operative with the ex-wife for she Can still bring a fresh application to ask for more.

Like what Mr EATSHITNDIE said - Always Cham Siong..

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal

And to all the single men out there,
Still want to get married and get fucked over by the Women's Charter?
And no, even if you avoid Sinkie women and marry a foreign bride, as long as you have registered your marriage in Singapore, you're still subject to the Women's Charter.

I have made an affirmed decision to consciously avoid marriage. Join me.
Retain your freedom, your money and most importantly, your sanity.
No bitch to nag you, no in-laws to pester you, no need to ask for permission for evening nights out or on a solo vacation, no need to justify how I spend the money I earn, no chores to help out with and no weekend errands to do.

Life is pretty damn good as a single man.
Trust me.

No wife hiring PIs to catch you bonking a pro.

Can also bonk any number of pros (threesome or foursome) anytime and anywhere. But please make certain they are all 18 years or older.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i dun think its the money issue. i think he is just bway song he has to give the money via the wife (he do not trust her). if i were him i give the wife the middle finger ask her go fuck herself, but i will under the dark pass the money to my daughter ask her to enjoy urself

Stingy husband. School have receipt to prove it. Why so nag nag about the expenses.
Very fair.
If me I will immediate paid half what in the receipt and at least another $500 pocket money.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal

She can give him 6 shots... $650 fair exchange

DivorcedMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can understand your friend's problem and feeling. I also have a 10 years old daughter. I suppose he is paying $350 because they had declared the child's expense to be around $700. As some of you say, $350 is not enough to bring up a child in Singapore. That is true, this is why, the mother can appeal for more when the kid grows up and requires more money.

I am confused with the access time, how can 2 hours per week be overnight? I suppose it is 2 hrs every day and 1 night on weekend? If the latter, then your friend had proven to be a good father to the court but just not suitable to be daily caregiver. The court will try to minimize disrupting the routine of the child. The child is not really that young, at 10 they are at an impressionable age but they do understand and can see who cares more the them. It may not be a bad thing not having the care and control of the kid, the gathering would be happier moments as your friend only have to plan outing and programmes for the kid. Unless, the mother is neglecting the kid then your friend should seek redress from the court.

I suppose he can decide not to pay for the trip and I'm sure the trip is more than $650. He can check with with the school but he would have to consider the image is he is giving the daughter. He can be angry with the ex-wife but this is the daughter. Do what that is right. If he wants, he can hand the money to the daughter directly to show her that he is contributing financially to her life on top of what is decided by the court. If the mother uses the money for herself, the daughter will surely know what kind of mother she has.

The true result is not now but when they grow up, do they still visit you, call you and ask how you are.

Hi guys , need some advice here for a case.

My divorced friend been paying $350 monthly for around 8-9 months without fail to his daughter which he transfer to his ex wife account due to the court order.

He had joint custody but care and control to his ex wife.

Access for his daughter is 2hrs per week and 1 over night on each weekend. And he got to drive her for pick up and drop off for 8-9years.

Now his daughter is primary 5, age 11 years old, will be going to a Korea trip on this coming June school holiday onnsome exchange programme arrange from her school.

There was no discussion or even a call or email from my friends ex wife to inform my friend tipsy for their daughters overseas trip expenses.

Then the ex wife e mail my friend telling him to pay 50% of her expense for air ticket+ Korean allowance+miscellance etc including renewed of passport total up to $650.

My friend refuse to pay and only indicate that he will only pay the monthly $350 only based on court order.

Of course , he will also give some. Cash to his daugher for the trip off by himself as he have never have the intention to declare it.

So the question is, can he don't pay the Korean trip expense and only pay the monthly $350 based on court order?.

kobe23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course my friend love his daughter. It's not a matter of money,it's a matter how his ex wife always do things without informing him till it's finalize.

Ex wife dun even allow daughter to telephone her own father. The daughter have to go downstairs and use coin phone to call or call from school during recess time. These are just part of those small small things that my friend is un happy about.

kobe23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every tuesday 2hrs only. Fri 7pm to sat 8pm weekly.

kobe23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Access time determine by court order even with PI video and report to show ex wife went hotel81with bf. Care and control still given to her with joint custody.

Remember that time, ex-wife even claim maternity clothing expense from my friend during court proceeding cos she was pregnant even before the divorce was finalized. His ex wife also make a claim on her bf car monthly instalment as her own expense to show to court and try's to claim from my friend.

But all failed and court order $0 sum to ex wife.
Till now, his ex wife dun allow daughter to bring anything back from friend place like wallet,hair clip,story cos his daughter says and encounter before that ex-wife will throw it away.

Ex wife dun allow daughter to call my friend, so his daughter can only call during school recess or on this outside coin phone from provision.

And these are those Incident going on till now.and that's makes my friend sad or piss off on and off.

Some bro here's gave good comments/advise and some neutral and some say just give lah. But how many bros here are divorced before which involve kid?

I really pity my friend cos I know him since primary 3 and we are now in late 30's.haiz....

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if worry about the wife doing something funny abt the money, give the money (650) to the teacher lah...ask the teacher to jaga the $$...at the same time maybe can bonk the teacher too....

kobe23

Alfrescian
Loyal

[QUOTE=kobe23;1043161]The problem is that my friend ex wife stillnvery nasty to my friend even she remarried and got 2more kids.
The $350 per month , my friend have been giving for the pass 8-9 years. My friends daughter do not need milk powder anymore.she is already 11yrs old.Btw, his ex wife have already paid the Korea trip expense , now she Judy drop a mail to my friend friend and ask for 50-50 with my friend.

Forget about MILK.

Frankly, that sum of $350/- truly IS NOT enough to cover her expenses - books, tuition, daily expenses, school transportation, food, medical, clothings. The list goes on.

The needs of the child will increase with the passage of time. Secondary school, coming of age, hanphones and what not...

The Family Court MUST have good reasons for only ordering a sum of $350 per month as maintenance for the child.

Remain co-operative with the ex-wife for she Can still bring a fresh application to ask for more.

Like what Mr EATSHITNDIE said - Always Cham Siong..[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you on comments. You mean the ex-wife take the care and control of the daughter ,stays with her most of the time but dun need to pay for my friend daughter expense?? And my fiend needs to pay for it.? I mean if she got problem in that, she should give up on care and control of the daughter. Right?.

Btw , understand from my daughters chit chat that his ex wife just bought a new merz 1month ago. Do you know how much is the coe now?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Access time determine by court order even with PI video and report to show ex wife went hotel81with bf. Care and control still given to her with joint custody.

Remember that time, ex-wife even claim maternity clothing expense from my friend during court proceeding cos she was pregnant even before the divorce was finalized. His ex wife also make a claim on her bf car monthly instalment as her own expense to show to court and try's to claim from my friend.

But all failed and court order $0 sum to ex wife.
Till now, his ex wife dun allow daughter to bring anything back from friend place like wallet,hair clip,story cos his daughter says and encounter before that ex-wife will throw it away.

Ex wife dun allow daughter to call my friend, so his daughter can only call during school recess or on this outside coin phone from provision.

And these are those Incident going on till now.and that's makes my friend sad or piss off on and off.

Some bro here's gave good comments/advise and some neutral and some say just give lah. But how many bros here are divorced before which involve kid?

I really pity my friend cos I know him since primary 3 and we are now in late 30's.haiz....

See? The peril of sinkie women...get someone regional lah.

kobe23

Alfrescian
Loyal

[/B]

Forget about MILK.

Like what Mr EATSHITNDIE said - Always Cham Siong..

I disagree with you on comments. You mean the ex-wife take the care and control of the daughter ,stays with her most of the time but dun need to pay for my friend daughter expense?? And my fiend needs to pay for it.? I mean if she got problem in that, she should give up on care and control of the daughter. Right?.

Btw , understand from my daughters chit chat that his ex wife just bought a new merz 1month ago. Do you know how much is the coe now?[/QUOTE]

the problem is my friend ex wife have never been co-operative all these years. so how to cham siong ??:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw , understand from my daughters chit chat that his ex wife just bought a new merz 1month ago. Do you know how much is the coe now?

the problem is my friend ex wife have never been co-operative all these years. so how to cham siong ??:smile:[/QUOTE]
Ex wife loaded dun mean your friend can shrink responsibility regardless of woman charter or not.
This is your own flesh and blood we talking about.
Ultimately goes towards giving your daughter a better life.
My ex is also much richer than me but I still do my part as a father