• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Murder at Kallang road

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Slashed so badly, fingers were left dangling

FTs Slashing and killing FTs

Over 100 officers work to nab 'Kallang Slashers'
Wed, Jun 02, 2010
my paper
<--- http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100602-219663.html

Kallang attack spree: Slash and grab

pic17.jpg

Construction worker Sandeep Singh, 23,
was slashed twice on his head, once on his
lower back and several times on his left forearm and hand.
The last three fingers of his left hand were so
badly cut that they were left dangling.

pic18.jpg

Mr Singh needed an eight-hour operation
at Tan Tock Seng Hospital to re-attach the finger
and stitch up his other wounds.
He was walking from Geylang Lorong 17 back
to his flat at Block 44, Sims Drive,
close to midnight on Saturday when
he saw five or six men near a playground.

pic19.jpg

As they approached him, he realised
that four of them had "long knives", most likely parangs.
Before he could do anything, they set upon him.

pic20.jpg

"No words were spoken by the men.
Then the knives came at me, first at my head and left ear
, then my back and then my left forearm,"
Mr Singh said in a mixture of Punjabi and English.

pic21.jpg

"I was slashed three to four times on my
left forearm and the last three fingers
of my left hand were left dangling.
"I had no chance to shout or even plead for my life.
After the slashing, I fell to the ground."

pic22.jpg

A deep slash on Mr Singh's left ear.
Besides Mr Singh, the group is believed
to have attacked three other men,
one of whom was killed.

pic23.jpg

After taking his mobile phone, $100 in cash,
his work permit and a cheque for
$1,000 from his employer, the attackers fled.
"I was bleeding on my face and head and
my vision was blurred. I was lying on the ground
until around midnight when a man saw me and called the police.

"The next thing I knew,
I was in hospital and going for the operation," said Mr Singh.

pic24.jpg

He occasionally groaned in pain during our interview at his hospital bed yesterday, with his cousin, Mr Gurpreet Singh, 23, and elder brother, Mr Paviterdeep Singh, 25, helping to translate.

MORE than 100 officers from units such as the land divisions, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and the Special Operations Command were roped in to aid in catching the crew dubbed the Kallang Slashers.

A gang of seven went on a bloody and violent night-long robbery spree on Sunday, which left one victim dead and three wounded.

Yesterday, the CID said it arrested three of the seven suspects - a motley crew of cleaners and odd-job labourers holding valid work permits who stayed in a lodging house in Syed Alwi Road in Little India.

Click here to find out more!Click here to find out more!
Two were nabbed within the vicinity of the lodging house, while the third was caught shortly after. By 11pm on Monday, the trio were in police custody.

G

Guile

ELECTRIC NEWS

They chased him for 200m
Kallang attackers may have also targeted another man

By Ho Lian-Yi
June 02, 2010

A 55-year-old dishwasher was talking to his friend on his mobile phone when strange men beckoned from a distance.

But the man, who wanted to be known only as Mr Chang, did not stop. His first instinct was to flee.

This was around the same time that four vicious attacks that left one man dead and three others severely injured occurred at Kallang and Sims Drive.

Police have arrested five of the seven men suspected to be involved in the attacks. The Malaysians, from Sarawak, are work permit holders here.

He ran for about 200m.

He claimed the men stopped chasing him when they saw passengers alighting from a taxi and two private cars near the block.

G

Guile

Murder charge for worker

Jun 3, 2010

Murder charge for worker

<!-- by line --> By Elena Chong & Maria Almenoar
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
front-eckallang03.st.jpg

If convicted, Micheal Garing, 22, a general worker from Sarawak, could face the death penalty for killing 41-year-old Shanmuganathan Dillidurai. Micheal was taken before the court yesterday to face the murder charge. -- ST PHOTO: NEO XIAOBIN

THIS is the man police believe is chiefly responsible for the death of an Indian national in the knife-wielding rampage in Kallang early on Sunday morning. If convicted, Micheal Garing, 22, a general worker from Sarawak, could face the death penalty for killing 41-year-old Shanmuganathan Dillidurai. Micheal was taken before the court yesterday to face the murder charge.

Yesterday evening, another member of the Sarawakian gang, Tony Imba, 31, was arrested on suspicion of murder, bringing the total number of arrests to six. He was picked up at the Golden Mile Food Court. Joining Micheal in court yesterday were Sylvester Barogok, 25, and Shahman Milak, 21. Both have been charged with gang robbery, which is punishable by up to 20 years in jail plus at least 12 strokes of the cane.

The surprise: The charge was for a robbery that took place last Friday, two days before the orgy of terror which left Mr Shanmuganathan dead and three others wounded in the space of seven hours. Court documents showed that the Friday robbery also took place in the Kallang area, between 9pm and 10pm, under an overhead bridge of Block 41 at Sims Drive.

The gang of Sarawakians, including the three hauled to court yesterday, was alleged to have pounced on Mr Raja Kana Kazi, an Indian national, robbing him of a cellphone, $32, his work permit and ez-link cards.

Read the full story in Thursday's edition of The Straits Times.
[email protected]
[email protected]

G

Guile

More Sarawakians charged

Jun 3, 2010

More Sarawakians charged

<!-- by line --> By Elena Chong
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_16219353.jpg

Hairee Anak Landak is charged with causing the death of Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, together with three other Sarawakians. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

<!-- story content : start --> A SECOND general worker from Sarawak was charged with murdering an Indian national in Kallang while another man was accused of gang robbery.
Hairee Landak, 19, is alleged to have caused the death of construction worker Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, 41, at the open field along Kallang Road near to Riverine by the Park Condominium on Sunday. He allegedly committed the offence with Micheal Garing, 22, Tony Imba, 31, and Donny Meluda, 19.

Micheal was charged with murder on Wednesday. Police picked up Tony at Golden Mile Food Centre on Wednesday evening. Hairee was remanded until next Wednesday when his case will be mentioned together with Micheal's.
In the same court, another Sarawakian, Peter Usit Musa, 22, was brought to court for the Sims Drive gang robbery last Friday - while one or more of them was armed with a parang.

The victim, Mr Raja Kana Kazi, was allegedly relieved of his mobile phone, $32, work permit and ez-Link cards.
Of the seven-man gang, only Sylvester Barogok, 25. and Shaman Milak, 21, have been charged with gang robbery which upon conviction, carries a jail term of up to 20 years and not less than 12 strokes of the cane. Peter was remanded and will appear in court next Thursday.

M

Mitsuhide Akechi

Blade missed teen's spinal cord by 1mm

Blade missed teen's spinal cord by 1mm
By Arul John

Had the blade gone just one millimetre closer, the injury could well have left Ang Jun Eng paralysed.

That close shave aside, the 19-year-old full-time National Serviceman still sustained severe injuries after he was attacked near Block 41, Sims Drive, late on Saturday.

His mother, Madam Ou Mui Geok, 57, said yesterday she learnt from doctors that one of his slash wounds came within a millimetre of hitting his spinal cord.

Jun Eng is believed to have been attacked by two men while he was on his way home after a night out with friends.

His attackers slashed the back of his head so severely that a flap of skin came off.

They also hacked off four fingers from his left hand, slashed the right side of his abdomen and the bridge of his nose.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic45.jpg

26-year-old Sylvester Anak Barogok.

pic52.jpg

19-years-old Hairee Anak Landak charged together with three others Sarawakians of causing the death of 41-years-old Indian National Shanmuganathan Dillidurai at the open field along Kallang Road near to the Riverine by the Park Condominium.

pic53.jpg

19-years-old Hairee Anak Landak.

pic36.jpg

22-year-old Micheal Anak Garing is charged with the murder of 41-year-old Mr Shanmuganathan Dillidurai,
a construction worker from Chennai, India.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic37.jpg

pic38.jpg

No plea was taken from general worker Micheal Garing, 22, who allegedly committed murder by causing the death of Indian national Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, 41, with three others at an open field along Kallang Road on Sunday.

pic39.jpg

pic40.jpg

In the same court, Sylvester Barogok, 26, and Shahman Milak, 21, both also from Sarawak, were charged with committing gang robbery of a mobile phone, cash of $32, a work permit card and an ez-link card from Mr Raja Kana Kazi under an overhead bridge at Sims Drive last Friday evening.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic41.jpg

21-year-old Shahman Anak Milak, one of the three suspects behind the series of attacks in Kallang which left one dead and three injured.

pic42.jpg

26-year-old Sylvester Anak Barogok, one of the three suspects behind the series of attacks in Kallang which left one dead and three injured.

pic44.jpg

pic46.jpg

The attack happened while many people were passing by, but nobody went forward to help pipe fitter Egar Karuppaiah when he was slashed on Saturday night. Mr Egar, 43, was one of the four men who were slashed between late Saturday night and early Sunday mornign around the Sims Drive and Kallang Area.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic47.jpg

About two hours before he was attacked, Mr Egar, an Indian national who has been working in Singapore for six months, said he was resting in his flat near Kallang MRT Station after work.

pic48.jpg

Mr Egar's arms are now bandaged from the elbows to the fingers.

pic49.jpg

"I soon came to and saw the men fleeing. Then I started screaming in Tamil that I had been slashed. But nobody came to help me," he said in Tamil.

"Some passers-by later saw me and called the police." The police were informed about Mr Egar's injuries at about 12.45am on Sunday and he was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

pic50.jpg

There are also stitches running from his forehead to his nose.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic51.jpg

Mr Egar said his employer does not know where he is and is afraid he may be sent back to India. "I borrowed 300,000 rupees (S$9,000) to pay my agent so that I could work in Singapore. My wife is also waiting for me to remit money to her for my son's education.

"I never thought such a thing would happen to me as I have never offended anyone. If the men had wanted my money, I would have given it to them," he said. "I have no savings. What will happen to my family now?"

pic17.jpg

Construction worker Sandeep Singh, 23, was slashed twice on his head, once on his lower back and several times on his left forearm and hand. The last three fingers of his left hand were so badly cut that they were left dangling.

pic18.jpg

Mr Singh needed an eight-hour operation at Tan Tock Seng Hospital to re-attach the finger and stitch up his other wounds. He was walking from Geylang Lorong 17 back to his flat at Block 44, Sims Drive, close to midnight on Saturday when he saw five or six men near a playground.

pic19.jpg

As they approached him, he realised that four of them had "long knives", most likely parangs. Before he could do anything, they set upon him.

pic20.jpg

"No words were spoken by the men. Then the knives came at me, first at my head and left ear, then my back and then my left forearm,"
Mr Singh said in a mixture of Punjabi and English.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic21.jpg

"I was slashed three to four times on my left forearm and the last three fingers of my left ahnd were left dangling. "I had no chance to shout or even plead for my life. After the slashing, I fell to the ground."

pic22.jpg

A deep slash on Mr Singh's left ear. Besides Mr Singh, the group is believed to have attacked three other men, one of whom was killed.

pic23.jpg

After taking his mobile phone, $100 in cash, his work permit and a cheque for $1,000 from his employer, the attackers fled. "I was bleeding on my face and head and my vision was blurred. I was lying on the ground until around midnight when a man saw me and called the police. "The next thing I knew, I was in hospital and going for the operation," said Mr Singh.

pic25.jpg

Mr Paviterdeep Singh, also a construction worker, said his younger brother now has trouble seeing from his left eye. "Sandeep and Gurpreet will return to India some weeks after his discharge from hospital as they came to Singapore to work together and their work permits will be expiring," he said. "We have not told our parents in India about the attack as we did not want them to worry."

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic26.jpg

Indian construction worker Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, whose body was found in an open field next to a Kallang condominium early on Sunday, was a father of two from Chennai who had been here for two years. He is known to have left the Joo Chiat hostel he shared with 14 other men just after 7pm on Saturday night.

pic27.jpg

The supervisor of the deceased 41-year-old Indian construction worker Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, Mr Kee Jek Yong, said that the father of two came here to work from Chennai two years ago.

pic28.jpg

pic29.jpg

Another victim, full-time national serviceman Ang Jun Eng, 19, was also found at about the same time at a grass patch near Block 41, Sims Drive.
Image: The mother of slash victim Ang Jun Heng, Mdm Ou Mui Geok, speaking to the media at the canteen in Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic31.jpg

The attackers took Jun Eng's mobile phone and wallet before fleeing. After he was found, he was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he underwent an operation to re-attach his fingers and stitch up his other wounds. He is now under sedation and intubated in the surgical intensive care unit.

pic32.jpg

55-year-old dishwasher, who wanted to be known only as Mr Chang, claimed he had been chased by strange men the same night the attacks occurred on four other men. He said he had finished his late shift and was on his way home to Block 41, Sims Drive, at around 1.20am last Sunday.

pic33.jpg

Mr Chang said he was talking to a friend on his mobile phone when he saw four foreign-looking men at the dark pathway near Block 41 next to the Kallang Paya Lebar Expressway, some distance behind him. His suspicions were aroused, and he ran for about 200m because he knew that some women had been robbed in the same area earlier, he said. He claimed the men stopped chasing him when they saw passengers alighting from a taxi and two private cars near the block.

pic34.jpg

Speedy police action after the attack spree has resulted in the arrest of five suspects. One of the four slash victims who died was Indian construction worker Mr Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, 41. His body was found at 7.30am on Sunday in an open field beside the "Riverine by the Park" condominium near Kallang MRT station.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic35.jpg

Another victim, a 44-year-old Indian national, was slashed on his forehead and both hands outside Kallang MRT Station. Police were informed of that attack at 12.45am on Sunday. The New Paper understands that the man, Mr Egar Karuppaiah, is in stable condition in Tan Tock Seng Hospital. The police said that $400 cash and three mobile phones were stolen in the four attacks. Two mobile phones, but none of the cash, have been recovered.

pic43.jpg

One man was killed and three injured in a series of attacks on Sunday morning. The three are currently in Tan Tock Seng Hospital. This is what happened.

chobolan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 more charged with murder

Jun 4, 2010

1 more charged with murder

<!-- by line --> <!-- end by line -->
a9.jpg

Hairee Landak, 19, being taken to court yesterday, where he was charged with the murder of construction worker Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, whose body was found on Sunday morning in an open field near Kallang MRT station. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

<!-- story content : start --> ANOTHER Sarawakian man has been charged with the brutal stabbing of an Indian national on Sunday morning. This brings the number of those brought to court for a recent series of stabbings in Kallang to five. Yesterday, Hairee Landak looked composed and calm when the capital charge of murder was read to him in Malay by an interpreter.

The 19-year-old is alleged to have committed murder by causing the death of construction worker Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, 41, who was slashed on his head, arms and upper body.
His body was found on Sunday morning in an open field near Kallang MRT station. Hairee, who was wearing a black T-shirt in court, allegedly committed the offence with fellow countrymen Micheal Garing, 22, who has been charged, Tony Imba, 31, and Donny Meluda, 19.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
3rd Sarawakian charged

Jun 4, 2010
3rd Sarawakian charged

<!-- by line --> By Elena Chong
<!-- end by line -->
YET another man from Sarawak was brought to court on Friday for the alleged murder of a construction worker in Kallang. Tony Imba, 31, is the third man to be charged with the murder of Indian national Shanmuganathan Dillidurai, 41, who was found slashed at the open field along Kallang Road near to a condominium on Sunday morning.

He is alleged to have committed the offence with Hairee Landak, 19, Micheal Garing, 22 and Donny Meluda, 19.
Both Hairee and Micheal have been charged and remanded. Tony was remanded at Central police division lock-up with permission to take him out for investigation. He will be back in court with the other two on Wednesday.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic54.jpg

On Wednesday evening, police officers had mounted a massive manhunt for the attackers.

pic55.jpg

Police were seen combing through Syed Alwi Road, where several apartments above shop units doubled as workers' dormitories.

The three Sarawakians who were charged yesterday were caught in the area on Monday.

pic56.jpg

Police had described the attacks as brutal and inhumane. The victims were unknown to the assailants and to one another, and were robbed of small items.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic57.jpg

Just after 6pm, three policemen – one with a lock cutter – entered an apartment with three bedrooms and appeared to be breaking the lock of one of the rooms.

pic58.jpg

The lock cutter the police used to break the lock of one of the rooms.

pic59.jpg

About 10 minutes later, they left but did not appear to have taken anything out of the room.

Yukimura Sanada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

pic60.jpg

Their neighbours, mostly Chinese nationals, said they did not know the Sarawakians, who worked as cleaners and general workers.

pic61.jpg

They said about 30 officers had turned up on Monday night. Mr Ka Jian Hua, 29, a driver,
said he thought the police were there because someone had lost money.

pic62.jpg

The employers of the suspects were just as surprised to find out about the arrests.