• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mudland govt no hew deadline given by Spore govt. Very uncooperative bad working attitude!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
1AFA13DD-BF64-47AB-90FD-4BA731E4E4F5.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
1533191744565.png
MENU

HSR meeting likely in early August, S'pore's July 31 deadline only ‘a suggestion’: M'sian minister

20180801_hsr.jpg
TMI file photoA showcase of the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project in October 2017.
Published01 AUGUST, 2018
UPDATED 01 AUGUST, 2018

KUALA LUMPUR ― A bilateral meeting to discuss the fate of the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR) will likely take place early this month, Malaysian Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali has said, after a deadline lapsed for Putrajaya to indicate its official position on the strained project.

Singapore's Ministry of Transport said on July 20 that it had asked the Malaysian government to clarify its official position on the HSR, in writing, by July 31 and to indicate, also by that date, if it still wished to hold bilateral talks on the 350km line, scheduled for completion by 2026.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday (July 31), Mr Azmin dismissed the deadline set by Singapore as a “suggestion”.

“That is Singapore’s suggestion. As I mentioned in my letter last week [to Singapore] we will firm up the date,” he added. “We are quite occupied for Parliament, hopefully we will meet in early August."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
“That is Singapore’s suggestion. As I mentioned in my letter last week [to Singapore] we will firm up the date,” he added. “We are quite occupied for Parliament, hopefully we will meet in early August."
Reminds me of my ex company Australia office staff also no hew deadline for submission of reports by giving excuse of being busy. All shitty people behave the same way indeed.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The jiuhu deputy PM is in a hospital here. Khaw should lead a troop of police constables to have him detained until the jiuhu government agrees to negotiate.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jiuhu deputy PM is in a hospital here. Khaw should lead a troop of police constables to have him detained until the jiuhu government agrees to negotiate.
That’s a good idea. Waiting for them to give a date is wait long long. After this parliamentary meeting that they are occupied with, there will be other issues to occupy with. All shitty people behavior are the same.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah very simple lah! Every well drafted contract will have a dispute resolution clause which will state inter alia:

1) what is the governing law - it is unlikely that SG government will agree for the contract to be governed by Malaysian law and equally unlikely for the MY government to agree that it be governed by Sinkie law. So most likely they chose a neutral and well recognised jurisdiction like - “This contract shall be construed and governed by the laws of England and Wales”.

2) There will also be a clause to say that if there are disputes “they shall be brought before the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales”.

3) There may also be a requirement that disputes be brought before an arbitrator in a neutral place like London.

Obviously the Mudland losers are trying to play Chao Kuan - want to break contract but don’t want to pay damages.

Sinkie Government should just bring a legal suit before the Courts or arbitrator mentioned in the contract on the basis that Mudland loser gahbrament have not fulfilled their end of the bargain and ask the Court or arbitrator to declare that the Mudland loser gahbrament must pay damages. Sinkie gahbrament’s duty is to protect Sinkie taxpayers’ money. It has no duty to save Mudland loser gahbrament’s face!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah very simple lah! Every well drafted contract will have a dispute resolution clause which will state inter alia:

1) what is the governing law - it is unlikely that SG government will agree for the contract to be governed by Malaysian law and equally unlikely for the MY government to agree that it be governed by Sinkie law. So most likely they chose a neutral and well recognised jurisdiction like - “This contract shall be construed and governed by the laws of England and Wales”.

2) There will also be a clause to say that if there are disputes “they shall be brought before the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales”.

3) There may also be a requirement that disputes be brought before an arbitrator in a neutral place like London.

Obviously the Mudland losers are trying to play Chao Kuan - want to break contract but don’t want to pay damages.

Sinkie Government should just bring a legal suit before the Courts or arbitrator mentioned in the contract on the basis that Mudland loser gahbrament have not fulfilled their end of the bargain and ask the Court or arbitrator to declare that the Mudland loser gahbrament must pay damages. Sinkie gahbrament’s duty is to protect Sinkie taxpayers’ money. It has no duty to save Mudland loser gahbrament’s face!
Ya very irresponsible for mudland govt to burn our taxpayer money like that dilly dally on resolving the hsr issue.