• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT No Need Do Maintenance... Open 24 Hours Now!!!

EmperorLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
jdstrsing25e.jpg

By Adrian Lim SINGAPORE -

MRT train services will run for 24 hours on Wednesday, so the public can travel to Parliament House to pay their respects to the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

This will be in line with the round-the-clock extended opening hours of the lying in state at Parliament House till 8pm on March 28.

All train services, both MRT and LRT, will continue operating after normal hours on Wednesday night at frequencies of up to 20 minutes, said a joint statement from the Land Transport Authority, and transport operators SMRT and SBS Transit. The statement added that 41 feeder bus services serving the residential towns will also operate non-stop tonight. SBS Transit’s six Nite Owl Services, that normally operate on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of Public Holidays, will also operate tonight from 12am to 6am. These bus services will operate at intervals of 20 to 30 minutes.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...lic-can-pay-their-respec#sthash.I5IR9vIF.dpuf

GPstatementnew52503.jpg

GPstatementnew22503.jpg

"LTA will work with the operators to monitor passenger demand and maintenance regime to determine the extent of our public transport services that can be provided on subsequent nights during this period, said the statement.

On Wednesday, massive queues of people waiting to enter Parliament House formed around the civic district, stretching up to the Boat Quay area. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...lic-can-pay-their-respec#sthash.I5IR9vIF.dpuf

As at 4pm, members of public were told to expect to queue for about eight hours, according to the Remembering Lee Kuan Yew website. It advised the public not to join the queues for now. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...lic-can-pay-their-respec#sthash.I5IR9vIF.dpuf

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies have been lied to since Day 1 of the opening of the MRT line that trains couldn't be operating 24 hours a day because they needed maintenance from 0100 to 0430 hours.

Why can trains now operate 24 hours? Can someone tell me the reason(s)?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They better pray that the MRT won't break down in those wee hours.

It will be a joke if people get caught in a breakdown while visiting an old man known for intolerant of ineffiencies. People are also going to be pissed that they have to take midnight cab home.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies have been lied to since Day 1 of the opening of the MRT line that trains couldn't be operating 24 hours a day because they needed maintenance from 0100 to 0430 hours.

Why can trains now operate 24 hours? Can someone tell me the reason(s)?

Desmond wants to score points, and the FT maintenance crew needs to take time off for mourning LKY.

P.S: I saw a Pinoy maid praying to a LKY poster... like praying to Guan Yin or Toa Pek Kong. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heard that MRT 24 hours

wah..fucking old fart so special, just to stroke his ego after his death can make MRT run 24 hours...

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Heard that MRT 24 hours

Sinkies should reciprocate by working 24 hours until Sunday to 印证 his wish:

Work until die.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

imagine the nigger that got arrowed to drive the bus mrt at those hours. Wonder how much OT pay he get? Not much i can bet.

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow!! MRT got excuses to give if the trian breaks down.

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mrt services to run 24 hours today so lky mourners can travel

[h=1]MRT SERVICES TO RUN 24 HOURS TODAY SO LKY MOURNERS CAN TRAVEL[/h]
Post date:
25 Mar 2015 - 5:35pm

All MRT services will be running 24 hours a day over tonight so that Singaporeans can travel to and from Parliament House to pay their respects to Lee Kuan Yew.
The announcement comes just a short while after it was announced that visiting hours to pay respects to Lee Kuan Yew over his body at Parliament house would be available 24 hours a day.
Original plans were for mourners to be able to visit from 10am to 8pm between Today through to Saturday but due to overwhelming support and crowds which are now queuing over 8 hours to pay their respects, the visiting times were made 24 hours a day.
It is understood that SBS and SMRT are running their train and bus services overnight until tomorrow morning just for today.
More details about routes and timings are yet to be made available.

Tags:
Current Affairs

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Mrt services to run 24 hours today so lky mourners can travel

MRT SERVICES TO RUN 24 HOURS TODAY SO LKY MOURNERS CAN TRAVEL

Post date:
25 Mar 2015 - 5:35pm

All MRT services will be running 24 hours a day over tonight so that Singaporeans can travel to and from Parliament House to pay their respects to Lee Kuan Yew.
The announcement comes just a short while after it was announced that visiting hours to pay respects to Lee Kuan Yew over his body at Parliament house would be available 24 hours a day.
Original plans were for mourners to be able to visit from 10am to 8pm between Today through to Saturday but due to overwhelming support and crowds which are now queuing over 8 hours to pay their respects, the visiting times were made 24 hours a day.
It is understood that SBS and SMRT are running their train and bus services overnight until tomorrow morning just for today.
More details about routes and timings are yet to be made available.

Tags:
Current Affairs

Remember ah you take mrt not to go jalan jalan or enjoy yourself but to pay your respects ok sinkies

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Mrt services to run 24 hours today so lky mourners can travel

Remember ah you take mrt not to go jalan jalan or enjoy yourself but to pay your respects ok sinkies

The FamiLEE demand respect from other??? WAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!! What a fucked up famiLEE!!!!