• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moving to WA,Australia. (28th March)

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, a PRC colleague said where I'm buying is far and should look at kellyvile, as its nearer. I went on to remind him that kellyvile 10 years back was in the same price range and everyone said the same about it, its too far. Now he says its good there with prices of 600K at least. People just don't understand that its capital growth you are looking for not who bought the most expensive house.

Haha.. Bro, it is a leafy suburb with parks and good schools.. perhaps some kopi areas nia.
Young adults or parents preferred St Kilda - beach area or Fitzroy - pubs & cafes..
Sporeans prefer new house & new suburbs..
Muslim prefer Northern suburbs.

Brainy parents still prefer Eastern Suburbs - No big trucks, no heavy industries, no sewer plant, no bad CO2... no (less) crime :smile:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, a PRC colleague said where I'm buying is far and should look at kellyvile, as its nearer. I went on to remind him that kellyvile 10 years back was in the same price range and everyone said the
same about it, its too far. Now he says its good there with prices of 600K at least. People just don't understand that its capital growth you are looking for not who bought the most expensive house.

Well done ! Look out for capital growth. Try buying the poorest among the riches. The avg transaction will push ya price up!

Dude, I got some news for a role I applied - Sg position via seek.com . Wish me luck ! If successful I'll be saying sayonara to kangeros and say hello to Orchard ! Haha

Last edited:

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done ! Look out for capital growth. Try buying the poorest among the riches. The avg transaction will push ya price up!

Dude, I got some news for a role I applied - Sg position via seek.com . Wish me luck ! If successful I'll be saying sayonara to kangeros and say hello to Orchard ! Haha

ha!ha!
Is that at expatriate terms? I have a childhood friend who was born in Oz, but lived his whole life in SG, went back to Oz to get his degree and and work a couple of years, and then posted back to SG as an expat. So now he's working as an expat in a country he's lived his whole life - really damn lucky!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha!ha!
Is that at expatriate terms? I have a childhood friend who was born in Oz, but lived his whole life in SG, went back to Oz to get his degree and and work a couple of years, and then posted back to SG as an expat. So now he's working as an expat in a country he's lived his whole life - really damn lucky!

Dude, I hope it is on expat terms, otherwise don't bother ! I have spent 10yrs in Sg and 8 yrs in Oz.. If they want cheap, they can always get a chinaman in SG... If they want quality, I'm their man ! Haha.. Peanuts are for monkeys :-) I hope I m lucky, otherwise I have to sell chickens in Brisbane. Hehe

I love Singapore ! Or is it Singapore love me ? Hehe

Last edited:

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, I hope it is on expat terms, otherwise don't bother ! I have spent 10yrs in Sg and 8 yrs in Oz.. If they want cheap, they can always get a chinaman in SG... If they want quality, I'm their man ! Haha.. Peanuts are for monkeys :-) I hope I m lucky, otherwise I have to sell chickens in Brisbane. Hehe

I love Singapore ! Or is it Singapore love me ? Hehe

Good on ya, mate.... you may be coming here, when I am just moving there! LOL!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was reading up a blog of one Singaporean who moved to Perth last year - what an eye opener. He was a project mgr in SG, but now doing blue collar work whilst looking for a better job. I guess one needs to be mentally prepared to get out of the comfort zone and hands deep in the dirt and find some means to make it once over there. Yet, he posts about how he enjoys the weekends and after work hours (the drives to other suburbs and seasides, and weekend barbeques, and spending time with family and friends).

I guess this is what I am looking for, too. Willing to work hard during working hours, but after hours and weekends - these should be family time without thinking about work.

Hello from Japan,
How you achieve your migrant dream is up to you and no one else.

Take care!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have received a0 PM that I did not have chance to reply properly.
I once was a new migrant, facing the same type of questions being asked in the PMs.

Now, I am a hardened migrant and a lot of things a new migrant worries over are "trivial matters". The key to reclassifying is knowledge and the skills to address the matters.
I believe that uncertainties have a way of creating great anxieties in people. I also believe that things will work out eventually.

Singaporeans really need to have faith in themselves to overcome obstacles in life.
Eg Learn to fight back. (see the above post by "migrant" and the thin-skinned response)
No one has the rights to invade your privacy and take away your rights (You have rights in Australia, Canada and advanced countries)
Be assertive. That is how you thrive any place on earth.

While I was in Tokyo, my shinkansen was delayed because of typhoon. My relatives were expecting me but I was stuck in Tokyo. I was overwhelmed by conditions beyond my control, so I went to a zen temple for relaxation, followed by some shopping in Shinjuku. But things work out eventually and I was treated to a beautiful sakura season thanks to the delay.

A few days before that, another bullet train was delayed due to earthquake. But I do not feel a thing. It is a Japan thing. Usually when the ground shakes, it only last a while. Last year was a big one because the cars shake as well and the shakes are more violent. :(

The best news I heard when I was away is to know that a migrant house-sitting for me in Perth has beat over 50 applicants and secured her rental property. Rental shortage in Perth is really bad. Too many economic refugees seeking Australia's mining boom.

Such is life. Learn to live and thrive in it. It is not that difficult, just that in nanny state Singapore, we do not have chance to prove ourselves.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no choice lah what to do. only the fittest can survive in singapore. those cannot make it will have to move on.

My experience tells me that the fittest can easily quit and expect to make it in any place on earth :smile:

Fittest do not need to stay in Singapore. Can always take advantage of Singapore's hospitality without suffering the downside of SG citizenship. :smile:

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Nanny state Singapore has produced a generation of Singaporean that do not understand or take risk. It is not the fittest that stays in Singapore, but the weak and easily bullied, influenced by MIWs policies that does. Just compare Malaysians and Singaporean. There is another thread that shows the difference the two in Singapore. I can tell you there are more news of former Malaysians on TV and the media here that made it big then Singaporean. I see Malaysians here opening up restaurants and doing it well here. I can't think of any Singaporean that made it big in Aussieland. One of the big reason is the policies of the MIWs, Singaporeans never had enough spurs on our hides to make it outside.

My experience tells me that the fittest can easily quit and expect to make it in any place on earth :smile:

Fittest do not need to stay in Singapore. Can always take advantage of Singapore's hospitality without suffering the downside of SG citizenship. :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the fittest that stays in Singapore. only the weak and easily bullied needs to migrate. :rolleyes:

there are some who left because sg has nothing much to offer in terms of cutting edge stuff. for example, how many inventions do you have under your belt, and how many patents have you filed?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More like the "well connected" rather than the "fittest".:wink:
That is a lot of obligation. :biggrin:

there are some who left because sg has nothing much to offer in terms of cutting edge stuff. for example, how many inventions do you have under your belt, and how many patents have you filed?
I just learnt that WIFI is an Aussie invention.

people stay for various reasons, likewise people migrate for various reasons. only simpletons such as that few will keep on declaring that people who do not migrate are weak etc.

It is up to individuals what they want to do with their lives.
But those Singaporeans who are dependent on their CPF for retirement may want to consider migration. The PAP govt is not going to tell the truth about CPF. Is CPF a ponzi scheme? bankrupt?
Why is the interest rates in Singapore so low? The Singapore govt's hold on citizens' lives and they are not transparent.

The pandora's box is opened. How long can you keep the scandals out of the mass media?

All those innocent caught up with sex scandals. The kind of talents running the country.
Can you trust others to keep your money safe?

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I realize many like you migrate because of the desperate need to take out your Cpf ASAP.

I never factor my Cpf as part of my retirement account. So this is not a factor to me.

of course you don't need to worry about cpf. :biggrin:
you are a well-connected princling born from the parasite class of Singapore society feeding on decent Singaporeans.

I have to use labour and wit to make myself into my current status. I know the price of grains and I do not like ponzi schemes :biggrin:

Most of all, I do not like the way Singaporeans and that ass-licking lawyer portray and undermine underaged prostitutes. You know what kind of sick society Singapore has became under PAP. Pity you are still living there.

I would rather Escape from Paradise. It is also a title of the book. I identify with the stories. Doctors, Lawyers Singapore style.

You take care, Mr Migrant. You live in your paradise. I live in mine.:biggrin:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people stay for various reasons, likewise people migrate for various reasons. only simpletons such as that few will keep on declaring that people who do not migrate are weak etc.

yes, there's no need to keep harping on the pros of emigration. in fact, i would prefer less sinkies emigrate so they don't contaminate the good earth with undesirable sinkie attitudes and habits. we only want the best, perhaps less than 0.1% of those who have emigrated so far. geniuses, inventors, top notch artists, game changers, paradigm shifters, etc.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope all sinkees stay in peesai and not emigrate. Perth currently no dishwasher jobs for you guys.. and the Macdonalds in the city got enuff chinese working for them, so no vacancy liao...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pity that you are born into some kind of peasant family. u can continue to stay in aussie. dont come back for holiday even cause there is nothing good here.

pity you got to lick aussie bums in order to be accepted there. LOL

Good advice! migrant (what a nick ...... :biggrin: LOL)

You should never lick aussie bums - That is why you can't make it as a m i g r a n t.

A migrant should behave more like those Ah Tiong FTs who have the guts to use colourful adjectives to describe their Singaporean hosts or those irritating "law-abiding" high caste Ah Nehs who show who is the boss. (Low caste Ah nehs have no dignity - so forget about them)

I know of some Singaporeans who have to lick their FT's bum to keep their jobs. This FT got rejected by Perth office and still in Singapore office. :biggrin:

Now that I have stated my points, I will leave you alone to reflect on your existence. You can troll for all you want. You just make my job easier.

I can introduce you to a nice Shinto shrine with waterfall and bamboo grove to purify yourself. An ex-yakuza got his new start there, he will help you understand that you only live this life once :biggrin:

Last edited: