• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moving to KL

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in KL and Penang... Any forumers with properties there please discuss free

If you are retiring or living on investment returns, a better option is Penang. Lots of available houses, condos etc. Great food and more vibrant in many ways without feeling crowded. Lovely beaches. If you are keen to start business, trying opening a store in one of the many complexes or buy over a business.

Alternatively if you can afford it do 3 days in Penang and 4 days in SIngapore. Take the evening flight. Many MNCs allow you work from home on certain days of the week. I know guys who even do 2 weeks in Perth and 2 weeks in Singapore as their work allows it. Sant Singh is an SC but his home is in Perth. Other also have similar styles.

Know a guy who does similar thing with Bali.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Living in KL and Penang... Any forumers with properties there please discuss free

Thanks Scroobal, Good points, always good to have more options and places to go.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi po2wq, well said. Living within ones means is hard these days with the cultural of overspending or spending the funds meant for tomorrow.
Thinking of visiting Penang now, had a long lost auntie on my mothers side from Penang but she passed away when i was but a little boy so
never got a chance to go there.

East Malaysians can get the whole sum very easily but West Malaysians have to wait until 55 and above unless they did not work in Singapore
for the 2 years before the application, then they can apply at 50.

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/Overseas/LivO9.htm

Leaving Singapore

You have made an important decision to leave Singapore permanently and migrate to another country. Or you may have stopped working in Singapore and will be returning to your home country to be reunited with your family.

What happens to your CPF then?

You can withdraw your CPF ...

I) If you are a West Malaysian residing in West Malaysia,

You may withdraw your CPF in full if you satisfy all the following conditions:

1. You do not hold a valid Singapore Work Permit/Employment Pass or have renounced your Singapore Permanent Residency; and
2. You are:
a) 55 years old or above, or
b) below 55 years old but above 50 and have not worked in Singapore in the two years before your application, or
c) physically or mentally incapacitated from ever continuing in any employment or found to be of unsound mind.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its good for you, you can only be the real judge of what is good for you or not. Despite the good intentions of people here, no one knows your current situation better than you yourself. Lots of recommendations made so its all up to you.

Life is a discovery process.... To break out, we need to change.. And yes we can.. A lot of people feel they do not have a choice, but they actually do..

Many people say you will only truly find yourself after 35 for men, as for ladies I am not sure.. LOL

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you are retiring or living on investment returns, a better option is Penang. Lots of available houses, condos etc. Great food and more vibrant in many ways without feeling crowded. Lovely beaches. If you are keen to start business, trying opening a store in one of the many complexes or buy over a business.

Alternatively if you can afford it do 3 days in Penang and 4 days in SIngapore. Take the evening flight. Many MNCs allow you work from home on certain days of the week. I know guys who even do 2 weeks in Perth and 2 weeks in Singapore as their work allows it. Sant Singh is an SC but his home is in Perth. Other also have similar styles.

Know a guy who does similar thing with Bali.

Thats what a local Uncle told me...... Penang girls also very pretty he says... LOL

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Life is a discovery process.... To break out, we need to change.. And yes we can.. A lot of people feel they do not have a choice, but they actually do..

Many people say you will only truly find yourself after 35 for men, as for ladies I am not sure.. LOL

The people who finds themselves when they are around 35 are lucky souls. Some only manage to find themselves after they retire and some never.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi po2wq, well said. Living within ones means is hard these days with the cultural of overspending or spending the funds meant for tomorrow.
Thinking of visiting Penang now, had a long lost auntie on my mothers side from Penang but she passed away when i was but a little boy so
never got a chance to go there.

East Malaysians can get the whole sum very easily but West Malaysians have to wait until 55 and above unless they did not work in Singapore
for the 2 years before the application, then they can apply at 50.

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/Overseas/LivO9.htm

Leaving Singapore

You have made an important decision to leave Singapore permanently and migrate to another country. Or you may have stopped working in Singapore and will be returning to your home country to be reunited with your family.

What happens to your CPF then?

You can withdraw your CPF ...

I) If you are a West Malaysian residing in West Malaysia,

You may withdraw your CPF in full if you satisfy all the following conditions:

1. You do not hold a valid Singapore Work Permit/Employment Pass or have renounced your Singapore Permanent Residency; and
2. You are:
a) 55 years old or above, or
b) below 55 years old but above 50 and have not worked in Singapore in the two years before your application, or
c) physically or mentally incapacitated from ever continuing in any employment or found to be of unsound mind.

Oic West Malaysians still can withdraw CPF in FULL at age 55..poor Singaporeans can only withdraw few hundred per month starting from age 65...better have cash to spend between age 55 to 65 if not got to eat grass until the few hundred come in...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oic West Malaysians still can withdraw CPF in FULL at age 55..poor Singaporeans can only withdraw few hundred per month starting from age 65...better have cash to spend between age 55 to 65 if not got to eat grass until the few hundred come in...

It seems to make sense to invest in an orchard or farm so that one could feed off the land even with no cash in one's pocket.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Being Singaporeans seemed to be a liability at all if he is not an elite. Since govt want 25K new citizens every year, please go ahead and offer everyone citizenship.. Only to prove to the policy makers that everyone only want PRs, not this kind of citizenships..

QUOTE=ginfreely;1054520]Oic West Malaysians still can withdraw CPF in FULL at age 55..poor Singaporeans can only withdraw few hundred per month starting from age 65...better have cash to spend between age 55 to 65 if not got to eat grass until the few hundred come in...[/QUOTE]

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

IMHO, Ipoh mui chai prettier and generally very fair.

I get the impression Ipoh people are very complicated. Something like Shanghai people.

Penang people and KL people are much easier to understand.

My wife and me, we have businesses in Penang and KL. Most of the locals we deal with have become like family to us.

Ipoh? Even visiting there is not on the cards. Same as Shanghai!!! :-)

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

I get the impression Ipoh people are very complicated. Something like Shanghai people.

Penang people and KL people are much easier to understand.

My wife and me, we have businesses in Penang and KL. Most of the locals we deal with have become like family to us.

Ipoh? Even visiting there is not on the cards. Same as Shanghai!!! :-)

Could not really comment about Ipoh people in general. But the Ipoh friends I have are quite nice people. Hope you meet some nice Ipoh people as well somedays.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Could not really comment about Ipoh people in general. But the Ipoh friends I have are quite nice people. Hope you meet some nice Ipoh people as well somedays.

I did hear something about Ipoh girls...... LOL... Seems like kampung girls also very yaya...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

I did hear something about Ipoh girls...... LOL... Seems like kampung girls also very yaya...

Hahaha! Ipoh girls probably know their market price well, being in same city where Michelle yeoh come from. I read Singapore Chief Justice also from Ipoh and singers like Wang kwang Liang, etc.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)

Thats what a local Uncle told me...... Penang girls also very pretty he says... LOL

not really has been staying in penang for quite a while,i find the gals there small in size,petite,quite alot of them has got pimples
due to the humidity but they're easy to get along,well behave and much easier to train,housewife material.:smile:

IMHO, Ipoh mui chai prettier and generally very fair.

yes ipoh gals much prettier,bustier but once they hit the bright lights big city thats where the trouble begin,
very very hard to train them.:wink:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)

Hi to all bros, I wish to discuss the feasibility of a Singaporean living in KL or Penang. Is there anyone who owns a house there?? Are the properties more expensive than in JB..

I am asking this because I am considering my options.. Please share your thoughts freely

With COE rocketing up the roof in Singapore, it seems that life will get worse.. I can consider getting a W plate to drive..

Beside JB,KL is another place you can consider to live.
i still has a apt there and would travel there every fortnightly and spend a few days there with my msian kakis
whom i've make friends with over the years when i was there.
KL is well situated and you won't get bore,a 45mins drive to genting for the cool air,2hrs drive along the beautiful E/W highway to kuantan
and the many budget airlines available to many other asean destination,food wise there are some very delicious fry cantonese
along jln imbi and petaling st and my favourite is the heng kee bak kut teh in kepong.

Penang is not bad,i've enjoy my stay there too but i still prefer KL.

another place you if you don't mind considering is sabah,been there several times and
probaly the cheapest and most beautiful place in msia.
was there to check it out last year,a semi detached house near KK cost only rm$150k.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Beside JB,KL is another place you can consider to live.
i still has a apt there and would travel there every fortnightly and spend a few days there with my msian kakis
whom i've make friends with over the years when i was there.
KL is well situated and you won't get bore,a 45mins drive to genting for the cool air,2hrs drive along the beautiful E/W highway to kuantan
and the many budget airlines available to many other asean destination,food wise there are some very delicious fry cantonese
along jln imbi and petaling st and my favourite is the heng kee bak kut teh in kepong.

Penang is not bad,i've enjoy my stay there too but i still prefer KL.

another place you if you don't mind considering is sabah,been there several times and
probaly the cheapest and most beautiful place in msia.
was there to check it out last year,a semi detached house near KK cost only rm$150k.

Penang houses seem pretty expensive from the listings.. More expensive than KL by a lot... Many people tell me the Penang people are quite rich....