• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moving to KL

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everybody was wondering if you can help me out. I am retired and decided to move to KL with my relatives. Was wondering if I should hire a mover to move all my belongings over or just buy all my stuff like TV, sofa, bed and all other household stuff over there? At the present moment I have a semi D overthere and a kingsize bed thats all. Usually I use that house when I go over to visit them during CNY but decided to stay there long term now that I have retired.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Was wondering if I should hire a mover to move all my belongings over or just buy all my stuff like TV, sofa, bed and all other household stuff over there? ...
wat a question! ... u shud ask tis question 2 urself! ...

it ofcos depends on whether u can bear wif not living wif all ur current belongings anot la ... n whether u prefer new tings over o tings (women incl) anot la ...

movers can mov ur belongings 4 u 1, hor! ... ofcos, u muz pay dem moni la ...

Last edited:

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
the question is very subjective......

less hassle then just buy everything over there in KL... then rent out your current unit fully furnished.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Living in KL and Penang... Any forumers with properties there please discuss freely

Hi to all bros, I wish to discuss the feasibility of a Singaporean living in KL or Penang. Is there anyone who owns a house there?? Are the properties more expensive than in JB..

I am asking this because I am considering my options.. Please share your thoughts freely

With COE rocketing up the roof in Singapore, it seems that life will get worse.. I can consider getting a W plate to drive..

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in KL and Penang... Any forumers with properties there please discuss free

Hi to all bros, I wish to discuss the feasibility of a Singaporean living in KL or Penang. Is there anyone who owns a house there?? Are the properties more expensive than in JB..

I am asking this because I am considering my options.. Please share your thoughts freely

With COE rocketing up the roof in Singapore, it seems that life will get worse.. I can consider getting a W plate to drive..

KL/PJ props are generally more ex than those(roughly in same class) in JB some as much as more than 2 x. There are also cheap apartment( around 900 sq ft) in more racially mixed area like Shah Alam priced around 180k rm with rental under 1k/mth. Cars, petrols should be similar as that in JB but food and drinks generally slightly more ex in kl/pj.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in KL and Penang... Any forumers with properties there please discuss free

I am not sure I am allowed to say this... But several people here have told me to consider Penang and KL..... Please do not get angry with me... JB is good also...

One aunty told me Ampang in KL prices are attractive, comparable to JB Bukit Indah area....

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

KL/PJ props are generally more ex than those(roughly in same class) in JB some as much as more than 2 x. There are also cheap apartment( around 900 sq ft) in more racially mixed area like Shah Alam priced around 180k rm with rental under 1k/mth. Cars, petrols should be similar as that in JB but food and drinks generally slightly more ex in kl/pj.

But several people I spoke to told me KL prices are not much higher than areas like Bukit Indah.... Of couse much more expensive that Pasir Gudang or Skudai or even Kulai... One Uncle told me food may even be cheaper

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

But how do you work in SG???

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Raffles tigger... considering you made quite a rash decision moving into an area that gave you lots of problems, you should spend more time thinking about your options. I don't mean to be rude but you seem to be running away from something... your information about KL is not accurate... KL is very expensive compared to what you can earn there.. like JB there are cheap places and there are expensive places in KL... KL and peripheral is huge

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I am not sure I am allowed to say this... But several people here have told me to consider Penang and KL..... Please do not get angry with me... JB is good also...

One aunty told me Ampang in KL prices are attractive, comparable to JB Bukit Indah area....

Please feel free to say it, its really fine as its always been having options from Day 1.
Its funny though, people asked me earlier if Bersih in KL affected those in JB. They
somehow still have the impression that KL is like next door to Johor. It was a peaceful
day for us as we went to Yews cafe, etc and went visiting relatives who just moved here.

One got chased by many dogs when he was at a nursery and hurt himself quite badly so
yesterday helped to rub his feet and knees with ointment as i know a little of that, having
been beaten and fallen so many times all these years.

Going back to KL, i would suggest taking a trip there and staying at a hotel near the cheaper
areas to have a look. I would think housing would be more expensive as would food but it may
be cheaper in the suburbs. If cost matters a lot, then actually Kulai will be better, not that far
from Singapore and yet prices are still relatively lower as compared.

If cost is considered still too high, actually Thailand is always doable as places like Chiang Rai, etc
are still ok. You can also go to the Living in Thailand page as well. Options first. Always.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Raffles tiger... considering you made quite a rash decision moving into an area that gave you lots of problems, you should spend more time thinking about your options.

Its definitely better for him to first understand the place well before making the decision to go over to KL. Folks who rented my houses told me costs up north in KL or Penang is more expensive though i am sure there will be areas where its cheaper.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depending on your needs and preferences, you have to find out which place suits you best, which offers you highest quality of life and happiness index.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Raffles tigger... considering you made quite a rash decision moving into an area that gave you lots of problems, you should spend more time thinking about your options. I don't mean to be rude but you seem to be running away from something... your information about KL is not accurate... KL is very expensive compared to what you can earn there.. like JB there are cheap places and there are expensive places in KL... KL and peripheral is huge

Hi raffles tiger,
I agree with LeMans. It is hard to help you validate what you want to do with honest opinions if we do not understand the full picture of your situation. However you are not obliged to share that part. If you are running away from something , then KL surely got more places to hide. penang community still tight.

however if it is just purely cost of living, hang out in JB. Properties definitely cheaper. I concur with wuqi about the other areas a bit more northern like Kulai, Pulai, Senai, Indahpura; that are growing steadliy and surely. I was at Senai airport last weekend and I noticed that there is a CW bus that runs from there to Singapore daily. I would advise you that you can stay wherever you like in Iskandar but to focus on your career in Singapore.

good luck and happy week ahead!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi raffles tiger,
I agree with LeMans. It is hard to help you validate what you want to do with honest opinions if we do not understand the full picture of your situation. However you are not obliged to share that part. If you are running away from something , then KL surely got more places to hide. penang community still tight.

however if it is just purely cost of living, hang out in JB. Properties definitely cheaper. I concur with wuqi about the other areas a bit more northern like Kulai, Pulai, Senai, Indahpura; that are growing steadliy and surely. I was at Senai airport last weekend and I noticed that there is a CW bus that runs from there to Singapore daily. I would advise you that you can stay wherever you like in Iskandar but to focus on your career in Singapore.

good luck and happy week ahead!

I think all of us mean well... it is definitely a better option to be able to retain a job in Singapore while living in JB... there are a lot of cheap places but surely earning a good income is a consideration... even bukit indah you can still find a house to rent below RM1k among the local area

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Contra, Agree with your points, some folks here may have privacy concerns so its up to them if they want to reveal or not but without full picture, like what Lemans and yourself said, its that much harder to guage and recommend the next steps.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I think all of us mean well... it is definitely a better option to be able to retain a job in Singapore while living in JB... there are a lot of cheap places but surely earning a good income is a consideration... even bukit indah you can still find a house to rent below RM1k among the local area

I am definitely sure everyone means well and wants only good for RT, but seriously i do not know who fed the information to him that KL is much cheaper?? I only know of people escaping high costs and come to Johore but not the other way around.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

But several people I spoke to told me KL prices are not much higher than areas like Bukit Indah.... Of couse much more expensive that Pasir Gudang or Skudai or even Kulai... One Uncle told me food may even be cheaper

There are a full range of prices for props in kl as well as BI. For a 500k-600k rm terrace unit in HH, it would most likely be more than 1 mil in Kl/pj. But Kl/pj is a big area, and differ from area to area. So you could always find some prop are cheaper in kl than JB or the other way around. Most meaningful way relative to yourself is to find your most preferred places in both kl and JB then see which one is ok for your budget.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

There are a full range of prices for props in kl as well as BI. For a 500k-600k rm terrace unit in HH, it would most likely be more than 1 mil in Kl/pj. But Kl/pj is a big area, and differ from area to area. So you could always find some prop are cheaper in kl than JB or the other way around. Most meaningful way relative to yourself is to find your most preferred places in both kl and JB then see which one is ok for your budget.

Thanks so much for sharing, i am sure he can still find something cheaper relatively but in terms of general living standards, i would still think KL is higher unless you go to the outskirts or even Pahang which is less than 1 hour from KL? Some of the tenants and friends from KL are always complaining about the cost so thats the impression i have. Always glad to be corrected though.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

But how do you work in SG???

What if a person got no work or career in SG? Its very real you know. You know the problems of SG, its not like Japan where they protect their own. Just trying to stretch our life savings.