• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mother of a NS man

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad i had my BMT at Pasir Laba Camp, no such luxury except Peng Kang Hill, SOC, bloody m&d from Area A to E. fxxking cook sgt and their fxxking cooks tekan new recruits, fxxking corporal as our instructors and fxxking one bar as our PC.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I enlisted into BMT, it was just around the time when people started transitioning from pagers to handphones.

Most people had this phone:

250px-Nokia_5110.jpg

It was the iPhone equivalent of those days: if you own one, everyone around you gets impressed.

I still have my old silver metallic Nokia cell phone (very similar to yours reflected in the photo), for keepsake.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too bad i had my BMT at Pasir Laba Camp, no such luxury except Peng Kang Hill, SOC, bloody m&d from Area A to E. fxxking cook sgt and their fxxking cooks tekan new recruits, fxxking corporal as our instructors and fxxking one bar as our PC.

It made you a man, didn't?, but at that time, it was like some Siberian Camp. Is Peng Kang Hill still around at the present Pasir Laba location. Many of us were 'tortured' there.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
me stand by Ericcson 688, this phone went under the jeep in Area D, swam in Murai Reservoir, dropped umpteen times, still serviceable after a change to the antenna. network coverage surpasses those man packed radio set any given time.
My time no such problem with handphones because they were not invented yet. Neither was MRT. I served in a camp at the far end of Tuas (at that time not so developed as now). The nearest bus-stop was some 2 km out. 6 SIR - they called it Siberia.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My time no such problem with handphones because they were not invented yet. Neither was MRT. I served in a camp at the far end of Tuas (at that time not so developed as now). The nearest bus-stop was some 2 km out. 6 SIR - they called it Siberia.

Remember where the only bus interchange was at? The junction of Jln Ahmad Ibrahim & the present Jurong Port Road , indirectly opposite Jurong Superbowl & where the driv-in was!! It was the last station before siberia.. ha ha ha

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
halsey02 said:
Remember where the only bus interchange was at? The junction of Jln Ahmad Ibrahim & the present Jurong Port Road , indirectly opposite Jurong Superbowl & where the driv-in was!! It was the last station before siberia.. ha ha ha

And the Seafood restaurants at Tuas end were also memorable.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the Seafood restaurants at Tuas end were also memorable.

Yes, the seafood resturants, all gone already...was it 'black cat' drink stall near Pasar Laba? & the mosquitoes, 'commando trained' at the jetty at the end of Pasir Laba was most memorable. They didn't have dengue fever back then, all of us would have died a long time ago.:biggrin:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Spartans ?
Tough and Effective ?
Me 5th mono intake
:p

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spotter542 said:
The Spartans ?
Tough and Effective ?
Me 5th mono intake :p

I did my recruit and scooted off from there. Meals were just accompanied with plain water. So deprived of a sweet drink, the first evening we were released to go to the canteen, I took in 5 bottles of soft drinks, I vomited, shit and sweated and developed a high fever. I thought I had it.

jw5

Loyal
Looks like these days, the young NSF has to be sent off by 4 family members who wil be dabbing their eyes with lace handkerchiefs, the maid will pass the full pack to boy-boy, who will proceed to board the aircon bus and sit next to another young man fiddling with his iphone.

If the enemy is watching, they will be laughing their arses off.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leticia saves the day ! :biggrin:

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAJ0jVAtBZQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAJ0jVAtBZQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must be an old man. The food during my time was wonderful. We even had cute looking milfs to serve us :biggrin:

i enlist in 96 so consider a old man? when i enlist, still have army cooks but ord after cookhouse become outsource. in the past, color water only served at lunch on tue & thur and taste like sky juice that have color in it. the roti are from changi prison which can be use as sandpaper. the only way to swallow it was to drip it first in whatever hot drink the cook serve at breakfast. The only ok food to eat at bf was the hardboil egg which even the cooks had no abilities to screw it up. margerine was the the big tin planta brand, occasionally there will be jam. the worst thing i ever had at bf was yam cake which was stone cold, apparently the duty cook woke up late and no time to steam the yam cake and he serve it cold. he also unlucky as then 46 just change RSM and he arrive at 0600 to eat bf with the trooper kias and he saw what was serve and charge the cook on the spot. the farker went DB for a month for it. that RSM really good, he make sure the men are taken care of and he only go after the NCOs and those HQ warriors.

Early outsource cookhouse are much better than nowaday. the first place to have the cookhouse outsource were the BMTC and then parents accompany son on the first day tour just started. i was posted to tekong after unit shut down for 6mth. i had my first outsource cookhouse food at camp3. it was great and being perm staff, we can take all six dishes while the recruit must choose 2 out of 4 meat and 1 out of 2 veggie. after almost 20 mths of saf cook standard, it was like heaven in tekong. The tekong caterer was ntuc foodfare, not SFI. after return to gedong, the cookhouse at 42 were outsource first because brigade HQ are over there. some of the 46men kenna caught for eating there but i didnt bother. IMHO, the last few ICT b4 i MR, the SFI cookhouse were only a couple of notches above SAF cooks, many of us reservists give lousy rating to the cookhouse food till the trainers come to the coyline to find out why rating so low.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like these days, the young NSF has to be sent off by 4 family members who wil be dabbing their eyes with lace handkerchiefs, the maid will pass the full pack to boy-boy, who will proceed to board the aircon bus and sit next to another young man fiddling with his iphone.

If the enemy is watching, they will be laughing their arses off.

Don't forget the maid & the family get goodie bag & door gifts also.:biggrin: You get to pat down the matteress, like visiting Universal World, RWS.:biggrin:

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
My time, just turn up by myself, jump into 3 tonner next to chaps who brought along rifle cleaning rods. First weekend to go home, sleep for 24 hrs.

Yes, I remember, like Charlie99, just clambering into the 3 tonner that took us to SAFTI. No parents to see me off, just made two phone calls home during the one month confinement (queue for 20 mins for coinaphone outside platoon office).