• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Pinoys than Malays in SG

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinoys and Malays are the same.

That is what the pinoys thought. so they declare themselves as malays, but goberment say no! No!. You are pinoys and not malays. I think same if thing in malaysia.
malays defined as those who practice malay culture, speak malay and are muslims by malaysia and singapore.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Soon, Malays will become extinct!

5.3 million folks in Singapore, translating to 3.2 million citizens, 0.5 million PRs and 1.6 million FTs.
assuming 23% are Malays, that's about 0.65 million Malays. what's the number of Pinoy and Pinay in Singapore?
ranging from domestic helpers to nurses, retail staffs to telemarketers... who has the figures?

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly the main land Chinese populations are also growing....

I believe the ah neh population is the fastest growing here. China got one child policy but India got many child policy. The population of India is projected to exceed that of China by 2028. I visited T2 Changi Airport the other day and could not believe my eyes for it appears no different to either New Delhi Airport or Mumbai Airport. The place very stink and dark. I believe the ahneh population In Sinkieland has already exceeded the Malay population. Just look around you on the bus ot MRT, you sure to see ah neh but you may not be able find a single Malay.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRCs population in spore are decreasing.

It's the ah nehs that are increasing the most in terms of % in spore.

In terms of %, Pinoys rate of increase is more than the PRCs but Pinoys rate of increase is still less than the ah nehs

I believe the ah neh population is the fastest growing here. China got one child policy but India got many child policy. The population of India is projected to exceed that of China by 2028. I visited T2 Changi Airport the other day and could not believe my eyes for it appears no different to either New Delhi Airport or Mumbai Airport. The place very stink and dark. I believe the ahneh population In Sinkieland has already exceeded the Malay population. Just look around you on the bus ot MRT, you sure to see ah neh but you may not be able find a single Malay.

Though I agree that the ah neh is everywhere, but I'm surprised to learn that the PRC is decreasing.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
A few Chinese I spoke with tells me that the salary in Shanghai and some major cities are comparable or higher than SG. So why come?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
malays defined as those who practice malay culture, speak malay and are muslims by malaysia and singapore.

Rubbish.

1. Don't confuse religion with race. Malay is a race, not a religion. Islam was only established in S.E. Asia in the 16th century. The early Malay kingdoms and empires (Sri Wijaya, Majapahit) were all either Buddhist or Hindu. The Philippines were Muslim prior to the Spanish conquest, with establishment of sultanates in Sulu, Mindanao, Lanao and Tondo.

Sang Nila Utama, our founder who ruled over Singapura, Bintan and Palembang, was a Buddhist prince, for crying out loud. Modern-day Philippines was part of the Sri Wijaya empire.

2. Race and language are not always synonymous. Anthropologists are agreed that the Filipinos are classified under the Malay race, as are the native inhabitants of the Malay archipelago. Linguistically, the Malay language is narrowly defined as that spoken by the natives of the Malay peninsula, eastern coast of Sumatra, west Kalimantan, and the Riau Islands. Both Tagalog and Malay are classified as belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian branch of the Austronesian languages.

A 3rd generation American-born Chinese is Chinese by race, even if he can't speak a single word of Chinese, and English is his mother-tongue.

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Malay is a race, Pinoy is a Nationality (informally) and Muslim is a believer of Islam.These 3 are different things.

The problem with Malays in Singapore and Malay, they will suka suka term things their way.

Malay = Muslim???? You sure or not? You guys think the world is so simple?

There is something wrong with our national registration system then. IIRC, they put "race" in IC? So if Pinoy get Pink IC, the person become Singaporean, and race is Malay. Where does Pinoy come into play?

Next question, so if Pinoy is Malay, they are eligible for Mendaki educational fund since it s offered to Malays (based on race)?

That is what the pinoys thought. so they declare themselves as malays, but goberment say no! No!. You are pinoys and not malays. I think same if thing in malaysia.

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am also very curious. What happen when Thai, Indonesian, Filipino, Mynamar citizens got Singapore passport?
how they fill up the race info?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watever it is, Ah Neh, or Ah tiong or Pinoy or Burmese etc, they are all the low class ones from their own country,,,singapore is truely fucked,,,with this sort of ah neh ah tiong work attitudes,,,no wonder productivity etc is dropping....

Though I agree that the ah neh is everywhere, but I'm surprised to learn that the PRC is decreasing.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes me find it strange too. Their culture is more towards western e.g. love pizza, etc but yet using hand to makan rice.

Westernised aspect of their culture due to their colonization by the Spaniards and Americans and mass conversion from Islam to Christianity. That's why the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) wants to wrest southern Philippines back and convert it to a Islamic state.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malay is a race, Pinoy is a Nationality (informally) and Muslim is a believer of Islam.These 3 are different things.

The problem with Malays in Singapore and Malay, they will suka suka term things their way.

Malay = Muslim???? You sure or not? You guys think the world is so simple?

There is something wrong with our national registration system then. IIRC, they put "race" in IC? So if Pinoy get Pink IC, the person become Singaporean, and race is Malay. Where does Pinoy come into play?

This is official policy. Malay must be muslim. Pinoys will be registered under "others". Malays change religion? probably lose their rights and become "others" also I think.