• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Missing Front Volume Of Condor Heroes

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best sword IMO is the Duan family Yi Yang Zhi.
Fast, accurate and sharply powerful.
Even at 100m it can kill.
Which swords can do that?

breakingfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best sword IMO is the Duan family Yi Yang Zhi.
Fast, accurate and sharply powerful.
Even at 100m it can kill.
Which swords can do that?

Just a funny quiz/cold joke for all the Jinyong novel fans

Question: What is the longest weapon in all of Jinyong novels??

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's true.
Duan Yu use 六脉神剑 against that Murong guy who use his famous murong sword and beats him hands down.
Though no physical weapon was used, 六脉神剑 is considered the godly sword,
like the qigong that is emitted from the fingers, is razor sharp enough to be considered a kind of swordsplay.
Sadly upon passing down through the generations, only the yi yang zhi is widely used, which is a diluted form of the 六脉神剑.
Someone says as the timeline goes from ancient to modern age, the skillsets are diluted. Seems that this theory is possibly true.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's true.
Duan Yu use against that Murong guy who use his famous murong sword and beats him hands down.
Though no physical weapon was used, 六脉神剑 is considered the godly sword,
like the qigong that is emitted from the fingers, is razor sharp enough to be considered a kind of swordsplay.
Sadly upon passing down through the generations, only the yi yang zhi is widely used, which is a diluted form of the 六脉神剑.
Someone says as the timeline goes from ancient to modern age, the skillsets are diluted. Seems that this theory is possibly true.

I think 六脉神剑 is still unarmed combat, or at best virtual sword. As noticed, Jin Yong mostly emphasized on internal strength and unarmed combat, relatively playing down weaponry hardware, except in Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. Between the two, I'd vote for Heavenly Sword.

jw5

Loyal
I think 六脉神剑 is still unarmed combat, or at best virtual sword. As noticed, Jin Yong mostly emphasized on internal strength and unarmed combat, relatively playing down weaponry hardware, except in Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. Between the two, I'd vote for Heavenly Sword.
Actually the heaven sword and dragon sabre were not played up as weapons in the series, but more for the secret behind the weapons.

Heavenly sword was held by Miejue and then stolen by Zhao Min who was lousy in martial arts before being stolen back by Zhiruo.

Dragon sabre was held by a blind Xie Xun most of the time until stolen by Zhiruo who never used either weapons.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the heaven sword and dragon sabre were not played up as weapons in the series, but more for the secret behind the weapons.

Heavenly sword was held by Miejue and then stolen by Zhao Min who was lousy in martial arts before being stolen back by Zhiruo.

Dragon sabre was held by a blind Xie Xun most of the time until stolen by Zhiruo who never used either weapons.

So-called 华山论剑,none of the contestants used 剑 as in a sword. 剑 here meant a higher martial level than 武。

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
the heaven sword and dragon sabre is the greatest joke and blunder in the history of novel writing.
you tell me how in the world do you contain a manuscript inside a sword and a sabre?
To think a great novelist like Jin Yong would conjure such a crap and he expects his readers to buy his story?
Now I think he is embarassed by it and revise his novel by changing the sword and sabre to Iron Bars.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't like Xiao'ao Jianghu. Very messy incoherent plot, very unlike typical Jing Yong and almost like typical Gu Long.
This Gu Long is also a bloody joke.
His characters everytime change face here change face there,
see liao I very confused.
Tries too hard to be Agatha Christie and thinks his character is sherlock holmes.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My favourite is Green Jade Beat Dog Stick. :biggrin:

But lost to Ouyang Feng's Snakeheaded Staff at the fight on the ship. The Snakeheaded Staff actually had a real venomous snake in it. It was released at the crucial moment and took Hong Qigong by surprise. Ouyang Feng completed his victory with a full force toad-style palm strike. Dishonorable victory and but a victory nonetheless.