• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Missing Front Volume Of Condor Heroes

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
李沧海 do exist lah, 1 guy, 3 women, 逍遥子 love 李沧海, 天山童姥 also love 李沧海, 3 women in love with 逍遥子

There is no 李沧海. When 逍遥子 craft 李秋水 jade statue during their stay at 无量洞,he keep staring at it forgetting about 李秋水. It wasn't until 李秋水 notice the difference in the painting only then realize whom he love is her sister. 天山童姥 also realize that.

李沧海 is a character in the movie <天山童姥>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tian Long Ba Bu was set in the Northern Song dynasty. How could one tell? Among other things, the series devoted hundreds of pages to the Khitan Empire. Even Daozong emperor (i.e. Yelu Hongji, 1032–1101), was himself a substantial character — Qiao Feng served as his governor of the Southern Chancellery (Nan Yuan Da Wang).

Shen Diao Xia Lu was set in the time when the Southern Song dynasty was coming to an end. How could one tell? Mongke Khan (1209–1259), Genghis Khan's grandson, was then the Emperor of the Mongolian Empire in the story. In fact, the final battle of the novel culminated with Yang Guo killing Mongke with a rock.

The story in Tian Long occurred at least a hundred years before the story in Shen Diao.

I see. Thanks for the correction. I'm a Shendiao fan but not really a Tianlong fan, so I've mistaken the Tianlong part in the chronology. I'm aware that Jin Yong novels run through the historical backrground from Song to Qing dynasties.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk about Shen Diao.
Nan Sheng got yiyangzhi
Xi Du got hama gong
Bei Gai got Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang

Dong Xie got what har? his flute can kill huh?

From the Front Volume, Dongxie Huang Yaoshi was a disciple of Zhou Tong who went into recluse, disillusioned with politics and so-called saving the country after Yue Fei was executed. Probably, also to avoid possible persecution as he was Yue Fei's teacher and might be implicated.

In the Back Volume, you'd notice Huang Yaoshi was never interested in politics and saving the country but Taohua Island and Guiyun Mansion always had Yue Fei's paintings and poetries on the walls.

As for particularly famous set of martial arts, Huang Yaoshi had none as his unorthodox temperament meant he merges everything flexibly without the orthodox tendency to develop structured sets of moves. He wanted Jiuyin Zhenjin for the formula to improve internal strength. He was never bothered with Yiyang Zhi or Xianglong Shiba Zhang or Hama Gong. It was Wang Chongyang's internal strength that defeated him.

Jiuyin Zhenjin was written by Huang Shang (no relation Huang Yaoshi). He was originally a physician scholar, not a pugilist. He was writing and compiling natural ways to improve physical health and vitality. Somehow in the process, he improved his own internal strength and fighting agility. As Jiuyin Zhenjin turned into a most covetd martial arts manual.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to expand

Huang Shang was a court official assigned by Emperor Song Huizong to compile a Taoist Canon. As he was afraid of making any mistake, he personally read throught every single scroll. After a few years he became well-versed in Taoist teachings and came to understand many profound secrets of martial arts. Thus without any teacher to guide him, he mastered on his own external and internal marital arts skills. Later he was despatched to stamp out the Ming Sect. As there were many martial arts exponents who were fearless the troopers were no match. Huang Shang then went to duel them in person and killed several of their protector kings and envoys.

As those killed were members of reknown sects, their relations came after Huang Shang to berate him for not following protocol and refused to believe that Huang Shang had no teacher. They fought and Huang Shang killed a few of them. As he was outnumbered he was eventually wounded and fled. Following which they killed his entire family.

Fleeing into seclusion, he recalled the skills of his enemies stroke by stroke and thought hard how to break them all. When he finally succeed, only to discovered that they have all passed on save one. A young lass of 16 was now an old granny of 60! 40 years had passed. Not wanting to waste his efforts he wrote down all that he had created on 2 books the Jiu Yin Zhenjing.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huang Yaoshi was famous for a few sets of skills but most famous should be his 彈指神通 (same skill deplyed by 楚留香?)

The flute related skill mentioned by one bro is the 玉簫劍法

My favourite TV 東邪 was the one portrayed by Kenneth Tsang.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
He wanted Jiuyin Zhenjin for the formula to improve internal strength. He was never bothered with Yiyang Zhi or Xianglong Shiba Zhang or Hama Gong. It was Wang Chongyang's internal strength that defeated him.

My friends and I used to joke that Wang Chongyang won because he suggested a tie-breaker of pitting internal strength. Everyone else chickened out because nobody wanted to exhaust their hard earned strength. :biggrin:

Interestingly enough, the duel at Mount Hua is generally portrayed as a friendly meet where by they swap ideas, displayed their skills and gave approvals to each other. Even trying out pills (Huang Yaoshi shared with them his secret pills which they all felt energised after consuming them).

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite TV 東邪 was the one portrayed by Kenneth Tsang.

Yeah that was a very good casting. In fact, sadly because of TVB's casting of the Eastern Heretic and Zhou Botong in that series, somehow the other versions always paled when compared to them.

jw5

Loyal
My lumber 1 Martial Arts master is Yun Fei Yang.
I still remember his Tian Can Shen Gong very solid,
can shoot silk from his body one.
He is from Wu Dang Shan, which founded by Zhang San Feng.
Yeah, after learning the skill, face can totally change somemore. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then JiuYang ZhenJing leh? :confused::confused:

Jiuyang Zhenjing was first mentioned toward the end of Shendiao Xialu. It was supposedly written by a Buddhist friend of Wang Zhongyang. Once, the two of them were chatting Buddhist, Taoist and martial principles over wine, ended up challenging who's the better drinker.

Wang Chongyang lost and let him read Jiuying Zhenjing. He felt that the negative (ying) forces were to heavy and could neutralise the tendency of practitioners to turn evil by balancing up with positivity (yang).

He went into recluse and started writing Jiuyang Zhenjing. So it was supposed to be part of his own skills, part of Wang Chongyang skills shared with him and part of Jiuying Zhenjin combined. The completed work was hidden somewhere in Kunlun Shan but nobody found it.

Jiuyang Zhenjing made its full appearance in Yitian Tulongji when Zhang Wuji accidentally found it in a cave in Kunlun Shan.

jw5

Loyal
Can someone just tell me who is the number 1 martial arts master in all the novels?
Zhang Wuji. :p
Dunno why but I always liked Heaven Sword more than Tian Long Ba Bu and the Condor Heroes series.
Perhaps it's because I like to see battles between the sects.

jw5

Loyal
I thought at Guang Ming Ding? :confused::confused:
No, he found the Jiuyang Zhenjing manuals at Kunlun shan when he was a teenager, after he was being chased by the leader of Kunlun sect and fell down the cliff into the cave. The manual was actually embedded in the body of a bear (or was it a monkey?)

He found the manuals to Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi at Guang Ming Ding, after the six sects had attacked the Ming sect. This was after he had already mastered Jiuyang Zhenjng.

Later on he also learned Taiji quan from Zhang Sanfeng. That's why I say he's Number One. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah that was a very good casting. In fact, sadly because of TVB's casting of the Eastern Heretic and Zhou Botong in that series, somehow the other versions always paled when compared to them.

I think Anthony Wong as the Eastern Herectic in the new series has been as good as Kenneth Tsang in the old series. For the Senile Retard, the old series beat the new series hands down. Another thing unbeatable about the old series were the various classic theme songs.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, he found the Jiuyang Zhenjing manuals at Kunlun shan when he was a teenager, after he was being chased by the leader of Kunlun sect and fell down the cliff into the cave. The manual was actually embedded in the body of a bear (or was it a monkey?)

He found the manuals to Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi at Guang Ming Ding, after the six sects had attacked the Ming sect. This was after he had already mastered Jiuyang Zhenjng.

Later on he also learned Taiji quan from Zhang Sanfeng. That's why I say he's Number One. :smile:
Alamak... i remember liao, you are right, LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wuji was no match for Zhou Zhiruo at end of series, the latter was defeated too easily by 小龙女 descendant.

There were 3 highly skilled monks at Shaolin when Wuji went to resuce Xie Xun. Wuji + Zhiruo combined can only draw against them. Why those monks so powerful?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wuji was no match for Zhou Zhiruo at end of series.

There were 3 highly skilled monks at Shaolin when Wuji went to resuce Xie Xun. Wuji + Zhiruo combined can only draw against the 3 monks. Why those 3 monks so powerful?

I think the Senile Retard was top of the tops. He knew the entire Jiuyang Zhenjing but didn't stray into evil or covetuousness because he was righteously senile. That's as good as mastering Jiuyang Zhenying, which was actually Jiuyang Zhenjing version 2.0 to rid the evil tendencies.

However, he was bound by a promise to Wang Chongyang not to use any skills acquired from Jiuying Zhenjing. His 15 years of captivity in Taohua Dao also allowed him to master his double shadow boxing. He taught Guo Jing that, but Guo Jing couldn't possibly master it like him without the "benefit" of the environment of 15 years of solitary capitivity.

Western Venom at the end of Shediao Yingxiong Houzhuan was also practically invincible having practised the Huang Rong-doctored version of Jiuying Zhenjing. His bloodflow and accupuncture points all went haywire and his opponents couldn't get a good aim at vital vulnerable points.

However, he became worse than senile, he went insane. :eek: :biggrin:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the most powerul intended characther in the novels was probably Dugu Qiubai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugu_Qiubai

He is credited with creating two of most powerful swordplay techniques in the novels:

1) the Heavy Sword technique used by Yang Guo and;
2) the Nine Swords of Dugu used by Linghu Chong.

In the Tomb of Swords, Yang Guo found the following inscriptions

The Sword Devil Dugu Qiubai has become the invincible and unchallenged swordsman under Heaven, hence he buried his swords here. The heroes of the realm bow before me. Now, my Long Sword is of no use anymore. The agony!"

The first sword (present)
"My first sword was so sharp, strong and fierce that none could withstand it. With it in hand, I strived for mastery by challenging all the heroes of the Northern Plains in my teenage years."

The second sword (not present, represented by a wooden tablet)
"My second sword was violet in hue and flexible in motion. I used it in my 20s. With it, I have mistakenly wounded men of righteousness. It turned out to be a weapon of doom that caused me to feel remorseful endlessly. I cast it into a deep canyon."

The third sword (present)
"My third sword was heavy and blunt. The uttermost cunning is based on simplicity. With it, I roamed all lands under Heaven unopposed in my 30s."

The fourth sword (represented by a wooden sword)
"After the age of 40, I was no longer hampered by any weapon. Grass, trees, bamboos and rocks can all be my swords. Since then, I have developed my skills further, such that gradually I can win battles without reaching for weapons."

Based on the decription by Feng Qingyang on how the Nine Swords of Dugu came to be created, it was likely that the skills was developed when Du Gu was using the first and the second sword.

The Heavy Sword technique which Yang Guo mastered was the one used in his 30s. As it is a later work, it should be superior to the Nine Swords of Dugu used by Linghu Chong.

The fourth sword and the final techniques in the inscription are unknown.

If the plot was developed so that there is a secret manual kung fu. it would probably equal if not surpass the other secret manual kung fu in the other books.