• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat MILFY Admin Exec Looking for Job

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jobseekers’ Diaries: My months-long job search has been futile so far, but I’ll never give up
By CINDY DAPHNE CHO
Published NOVEMBER 18, 2021

1637429507080.png

Ms Cindy Daphne Cho, 58, has been looking for work in the last seven months, after her employer closed the department she worked in to focus on other parts of its business.

As jobs are a top concern for Singaporeans in the Covid-19 crisis, TODAY’s Voices section is publishing first-hand accounts from jobseekers in which they reflect on their experiences and what keeps them going.

In this instalment of Jobseekers’ Diaries, Ms Cindy Daphne Cho, 58, describes being out of work in the last seven months, after her company closed the department she worked in to focus on other parts of its business. Though her job search has been unsuccessful so far, she is determined to press on.

Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.

Everyone has his or her unique set of problems, but I always believe that the onus lies on oneself to take steps to overcome them.

Last year, I was working in sales and marketing at an information-technology solutions company, where I supported its joint venture to manage some events.

In March this year, six months into the job, the department I was in folded as the company decided to focus on its mainstay of providing IT solutions for companies.

Armed with a phone, and more than 30 years of experience chiefly in secretarial work, I started my job search by tapping various online job search portals.

I would apply diligently for up to 30 jobs daily. These are for administrative roles that I’m familiar with across different industries.

I also considered jobs in the food-and-beverage sector, since I had done a two-year stint with a food operator.

On top of these, I connected with former clients and colleagues via phone and professional network LinkedIn, and received replies from some who said that they would share my profile with prospective employers.

I also made the effort to call prospective employers to enquire about job postings.

The past seven months have been disappointing as I hardly made progress with my job search.

Aside from my own efforts, I reached out to various government agencies, including Workforce Singapore’s Careers Connect centre, to see how they could help.

I was put in touch with career coach Glenford, who has been supporting me in my search.

For a start, he helped rejig my resume to make it more presentable, up-to-date and relevant, so as to position myself strategically for the roles for which I was applying.

Occasionally, he and his team would also tell me about suitable job openings. I also took the chance to update him on the jobs I applied for, and he would reach out to prospective employers whom he knew to put in a good word for me. I’m appreciative of this.

In the meantime, I have been helping my ex-business associate to run events on a freelance basis.

Over the weekends, I also help my friend with stock-taking for her online clothing business.

These help keep me busy, while also bringing in some income.

Age might seem a hindrance to many mature workers like me, but I will not let it hinder my pursuit of my next full-time job.

I am telling myself never to give up and to keep pressing on.

Cast your net wide and expand your network. Find different ways to deal with the challenges faced.

That’s the advice that I would like to offer jobseekers who may be in the same position.

ABOUT THE WRITER:

Ms Cindy Daphne Cho, 58, spent the past seven months looking for a job, but to no avail. With more than 30 years of experience mainly in secretarial duties, she is still searching for work and hopes that knocking on various doors would pay off soon.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/voices/...e?cid=internal_mcdrecs_21112021_tdy#mdcrecs_s

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should know who she voted for, uts a joke the clowns extend work employment n extend cpf withdrawal,on the other hand letting in jiuhukia n ceca .CB

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She seems desperate, by going through so many appropriate channels which were pipe dreams that PAP has been feeding her. Imagine if our borders are opened, for CECA, her chance went from Slim to Zero!

Why not apply for Social Distancing Ambassador? I thought the pay was good and in high demand. She can also use the opportunity to fuck a few CECAs who are prone to violating the social distancing rule. Hitting two birds with a single rock.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beware of anyone who gives interview time or airtime to the local presstitutes. Regardless of race, religion, age, gender, SES. :cool:

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Job prospects for someone @58 is very very slim...

can try following :

Foodpanda Walker - if u got not bicycle
Grabfood Walker
Grab Driver
Tada Driver
Safe Distance Ambassador
Security
Teaching
Telesales
Baby Sitter
Mobile Housekeeper Cleaner
etc...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are millions of foreigners here many with fake qualifications and yet not a single job for this local , this I consider as greatest success for PAP.
Which party in history has the greatest success in creating jobs for foreigners and making poor investment overseas?
Anyway they are too preoccupied with trying to be world number one in vaccination and things like Bloomberg Conference (noticed who got interviewed so many times ?)

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
She seems desperate, by going through so many appropriate channels which were pipe dreams that PAP has been feeding her. Imagine if our borders are opened, for CECA, her chance went from Slim to Zero!

Why not apply for Social Distancing Ambassador? I thought the pay was good and in high demand. She can also use the opportunity to fuck a few CECAs who are prone to violating the social distancing rule. Hitting two birds with a single rock.
If Malaysians and CECA returns, she will not get a single chance for interview.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
They listen to u sinkees only during the GE . GE 2020 is over. Wait for the next GE 2025,they will listen to u for 9 days .
U deserve who u voted for . Thanks to the 61% !

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was put in touch with career coach Glenford, who has been supporting me in my search.
The thing about ‘career coaches’ is that the reason why they have a job as a career coach is because they couldn’t find a real job. So what do they do? They reposition themselves as some experienced guru who can help you touch up your cv and get a job. Lol

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a sinkee,u could not find a job in your own country while foreigner workers are in abundance .
O Yes, NS for sinkees and Jobs for foreigners !!!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Armed with a phone, and more than 30 years of experience chiefly in secretarial work, I started my job search by tapping various online job search portals
My uncle has a couple of points
1. Everyone also armed with a phone is her phone special ?
2. Imuho 30 years of secretarial admin work is same as 3 days of experience.
3. Leemove 1 of your stupid name 1st before applying for jobs.
4. After 30 years where is your fucking cpf ?