• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sound like someone whom already vested in Medini.

Don't worry too much; it just take time for Medini to mature.

The government offices already start to move here .. somebody told me even to renew or apply for electricity have to go to nusajaya .. previously can be done at the city .
Now they have tax incentives here - a lot of people negotiating to buy / lease the land .
there is already yellow CW bus operating in Medini/legoland . So people who work in jurong can stay at nusajaya
It's relatively cheaper and u will get condo facilities such as gym, retail shops, swimming pool, cable tv , here rather than staying in HDB which u will get well - old folks.
After Lego land and hello kitty land&pine studio- we are not sure what else will come up next .. So it can be exciting as the names of the land buyers in Medini&puteri harbour are released slowly ...
So far I didn't hear any big banks going to build their office there ..
But this zone suppose to be the financial district :smile:

Last edited:

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sound like someone whom already vested in Medini.

Don't worry too much; it just take time for Medini to mature.

Ha ha, good one !

You never tell him that cheapest is not necessarily the best ? If looking from ROI perspective, cheapest also doesn't mean make the most money.

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well the faster/sooner the development move, the more money I gonna make :smile:
Also The developer who price cheaper will soon realise they are selling too cheap and will raise their prices in next phase..So as not to spoil market .. If that happens , will sit on paper gains .. :smile:

Last edited:

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very interested with Medini Lakeside, since its by UMLand which is the main land holder for Iskandar, they sure can make a one of a kind development...... the thing is with the current crazy price, it wont be cheap...... I expect them to sell for 800-1000 psf like Afiniti, maybe slightly lower....

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Umland the other day I went to the actual site- got a small parcel of land there .. Its just opposite the mah sing plot. If u go to the site u can see they already put up signboard & notices .. Should be developing soon..
The smaller studio unit usually is priced higher Psf wise.. Let's see what's their price :smile:

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps u may go take a tour/ drive around Medini/puteri harbour..
U will be more convinced once u see many tractors and development coming up..
At the same time u can visit legoland(Medini) or hello kitty land (at puteri harbour ) :smile:
Anyway once those development completed the price will also be different

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps u may go take a tour/ drive around Medini/puteri harbour..
U will be more convinced once u see many tractors and development coming up..
At the same time u can visit legoland(Medini) or hello kitty land (at puteri harbour ) :smile:
Anyway once those development completed the price will also be different

Are you a msian? I have no doubt there has been high focus on Medini/Zone B of Iskandar and something is going to brew big. But when it comes to Msia, it is better to be conservative if you know how the market works in the country. All the constructions are nothing if the MNC, workers are not pulled into the area. There are quite a number of white elephants in JB already

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well other zone I am not sure but the Medini/puteri harbour area there is already legoland and hello
Kitty land , traders hotel and pinewood studio. Gleneagles is also on the way. these are not just a mirage. It's already there. The ferry also now operational and u can go to batam from there..
Just drive down there and see whether it's real or an giant elephant.
Again later the price will be "different". Those early birds who got in early are sitting on paper profit.. :smile:

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tax incentives offered will pull in the mnc.
There is a saying , Singaporean lose money investing in everywhere else in the world except Malaysia ..
The key from here on is the execution :smile:
Then money will come ...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's be conservative. SPA for new buyers, construction and new announcements are slowing down from my observations on the ground and in the Internet. Some responsible developers' sales staff advised me to take things with a pinch of salt in Johor, even if a project is in the process of building.

In fact I'm wary of developers not being able to complete their projects. I usually go up once every few months to check that progress of my another house is going well (workers, equipment and stockpiles of new construction materials) just as an assurance.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tax incentives offered will pull in the mnc.
There is a saying , Singaporean lose money investing in everywhere else in the world except Malaysia ..
The key from here on is the execution :smile:
Then money will come ...

Sorry to say this but it’s a joke to say that no Singaporeans have ever make a loss investing in msia. No offence but I think you need a reality check

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well those who bought earlier and make money certainly don't think it's a joke.
Those who bought nearby east ledang unit , they have made >100-200% capital gains.
U have to also see who is the developer .
If u bought from uem, mahsing, spsetia, umland, gamuda , ijm , capital land : these are the top developer with Zero non completion history.
But If u bought from xyz co .. Then u only have yourself to blame .. :smile: else u can blame on others :smile:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well those who bought earlier and make money certainly don't think it's a joke.
Those who bought nearby east ledang unit , they have made >100-200% capital gains.
U have to also see who is the developer .
If u bought from uem, mahsing, spsetia, umland, gamuda , ijm , capital land : these are the top developer with Zero non completion history.
But If u bought from xyz co .. Then u only have yourself to blame .. :smile: else u can blame on others :smile:

I.am.not saying it is impossible to.make money from msia. I myself have an old zone A condo thats giving me a decent rent yield and i am looking at taking a new condo too. what i did say is ts not true that every singaporean who invested in msia made.profit.

Last edited:

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well folks this is iskandar not port Dickson ..
With both the msian and the SG largest companies have vested interest and invested billions in it..
If u can lose money in iskandar means , either Msia or SG economy total collapse
If u think it's a doomsday coming then don't buy , let others investor buy la .. :smile:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
No relevancy comparing present Zone B dev of many built/operating intl hotel, themepark, college, studio. Many intl/national private co injected purchase fund to land parcel with cond to build within too years. Many personal, small-mid business investments millions. Many billion gov invested in infra. To old time gov/private vision/plan/proposal/drawing but no substance/liability. See the big contrast?