• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
So with all this block buying and some of these funds/buyer no need even to apply bank loan .. What did they see here in this area "Medini" that we don't see . Don't tell me they like the legoland .. As nearby area outside this Medini zone can still get at cheaper price

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why bother what other do.

You already claimed Medini as Orchard Road.... just trust your own instinct.
Do not follow the blind. Blind lead the blind.

Nusa sentral vs Medini

Nusa sentral
Pro: freehold , landed , still cheap
Cons: quiet place , not yet develop, no mall around

Medini (could be like orchard road)
Pro: tax incentives hence many foreign buyer in blocks, have many plans (mall,hospital , Financial district , actor studio etc)
Cons: leasehold condo 99+30.

So with all this block buying and some of these funds/buyer no need even to apply bank loan .. What did they see here in this area "Medini" that we don't see . Don't tell me they like the legoland .. As nearby area outside this Medini zone can still get at cheaper price

Last edited:

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
My reference to orchard road is more like reference a similar CBD area. Or what attract many tourist area..
As of now no guarantee la until we see it's full development by 2015-2017
:biggrin:
If I buy a lemon , I need to ensure that this lemon can realized its true potential .. So I need those opinions ..
An 800k ringgits Lemon

Last edited:

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
My reference to orchard road is more like reference a similar CBD area. Or what attract many tourist area..
As of now no guarantee la until we see it's full development by 2015-2017
:biggrin:
If I buy a lemon , I need to ensure that this lemon can realized its true potential .. So I need those opinions ..
An 800k ringgits Lemon

It doesn't work that way in terms of decision making process because everyone has a different risk profile.

I am sure you already have alot of information to make a decision and what you are hoping for is an affirmation that the decision you are going to make is right.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Want to buy just buy. Opinions don't matter at all, trust yourself.

Why bother what other do.

You already claimed Medini as Orchard Road.... just trust your own instinct.
Do not follow the blind. Blind lead the blind.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meridin tower B price

from email (Agent)

I think those who bought early already made massive paper gain

#06-01 (3 bedroom) 1115 sqft RM 855,000 or 766psf
#06-02 (4 bedrooms) 1991sqft RM 1,255,000 or 630psf
#06-03 (3 bedrooms) 1428sqft RM 961,000 or 672psf
#06-04 (3 bedrooms) 1428sqft RM 967,000 or 677psf
#06-05 (2 bedrooms) 968sqft RM 757,000 or 782psf
#06-06 (3 bedrooms) 1115sqft RM 860,000 or 771psf

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd part....... not allowed to post above 500 words

#16-01 (3 bedroom) 1115 sqft RM 886,000 or 794psf
#16-02 (2 bedrooms) 968sqft RM 783,000 or 808psf
#16-03 (3 bedrooms) 1161sqft RM 919,000 or 791psf
#16-04 (3 bedrooms) 1161sqft RM 924,000 or 795psf
#16-05 (2 bedrooms) 968sqft RM 785,000 or 810psf
#16-06 (3 bedrooms) 1115sqft RM 891,000 or 799psf

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought the meridin@medini as its the cheapest as compared to other developers
Anyway I visited this area today just behind legoland
I see a lot of potential .. Anyway puteri harbour / 1 to 2 minutes away already selling at 1400 Psf
I don't have a crystal ball but Base on my site visit "many development" sprouting up like mushroom here.. In future it will be a crazy hot area

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
All medini project are leasehold 99years, with exception on a couple 99+30years...so far I know of is Afiniti (soldout) and Iskandar Residences (most probably soldout).

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the Medini area all leaseback.. 99+30 years.
Since its so long 129 years to expiry...the lease may not matter initially actually ...by 5 years most of the project here would have complete .. So in my opinion by then the demand will be quite good..
And wont be that difficult to find tenant from pinewood studio, the gleneagles , tourist or ppl working around that area ..
Moreover since its prime area.. they can't give freehold

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since its so long 129 years to expiry...the lease may not matter initially actually ...by 5 years most of the project here would have complete .. So in my opinion by then the demand will be quite good..
And wont be that difficult to find tenant from pinewood studio, the gleneagles , tourist or ppl working around that area ..

actually they give leasehold becos of the tax incentives first promised to the Arab investors . dun depend too much on rental as there are many condos coming up ...

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good to know you are bullish on Medini. However, do put this at the back of your mind ..as someone here has pointed out too, tamans like Bukit Indah and Nusa Bestari, Nusa Duta, Bestari Heights etc are just mins away from Medini by car and potential Medini tenants can easily turn to these places for housing. Though not that applicable if you are looking at renting since tenants wont care whether your house is LH or FH, resale value of ppties in these tamans will be strong given their FH status and this will put pressure on resale value of Medini ppty

Last edited:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually they give leasehold becos of the tax incentives first promised to the Arab investors . dun depend too much on rental as there are many condos coming up ...

leasehold 99 years is inline with any regional CBD regardless of whether Arab promise or not. Not unusual for CBD to be leasehold.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things will only happen only after 2020.

Thing will happen in milestone years of 2016, 2018, 2020. Afiniti, Gleneagle, D'Prinstine, maybe Medini Mall extension, further operation maturity of Pinewood, Educity. Most residential launched this 2013/14 completion and stabilize in 2018. Agree 2020 will be a big year to watch...but dont discount other projects completion years especially EduCity and other industrial is working behind the scene.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
tamans like Bukit Indah and Nusa Bestari, Nusa Duta, Bestari Heights etc are just mins away from Medini by car and potential Medini tenants can easily turn to these places for housing.

JB/most msia cities is about 15mins drive. Medini North is about 15mins walk. dont mean walk to minimart/eatery. Walk to hotel, offices, mall...rare in Msia and smthing regional investor would like...and dislike on maintaining a car or very limited transport option when visiting.

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well in Johor it's a different market .. Here safety come first. There is some landed house , freehold ,which is cheap and huge 4000sq feet in Bukit indah however nobody wants as it is not a gated and guarded place. I do see in future all the expat and working professional will move here to Medini & nearby puteri harbour if the rental is priced correctly. $3k-4k rental I think not a problem for a 3 bedroom apartment by 2016-2017 . Now nearby area Ujana is already renting at 3-4k ..
The potential tenant :-
1) doctor/medical staff from gleneagles
2) students from the nearby colleges
3) actor/actress and staff from pinewood studio
4) visitor from legoland/hello kitty land
5) locals who work nearby
6) retiree from Singapore who want security will prefer apartment over landed prop
7) visitors from other places ie indo, china, Taiwan , Japan . Ferry from puteri harbor goes to batam/harbour front and potential for other tour business
8) the financial district - in future some banks will move to Medini and there will be a lot of workers here .

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well in Johor it's a different market .. Here safety come first. There is some landed house , freehold ,which is cheap and huge 4000sq feet in Bukit indah however nobody wants as it is not a gated and guarded place. I do see in future all the expat and working professional will move here to Medini & nearby puteri harbour if the rental is priced correctly. $3k-4k rental I think not a problem for a 3 bedroom apartment by 2016-2017 . Now nearby area Ujana is already renting at 3-4k ..
The potential tenant :-
1) doctor/medical staff from gleneagles
2) students from the nearby colleges
3) actor/actress and staff from pinewood studio
4) visitor from legoland/hello kitty land
5) locals who work nearby
6) retiree from Singapore who want security will prefer apartment over landed prop
7) visitors from other places ie indo, china, Taiwan , Japan . Ferry from puteri harbor goes to batam/harbour front and potential for other tour business
8) the financial district - in future some banks will move to Medini and there will be a lot of workers here .

4000sqf landed in Bukit Indah? Nobody wants as it is not G&G? hmm you may want to pay a visit to Bukit Indah and see whether you still think that way. Also look out for the sky series condos and a few coming up

short term visitors / tourists will put up in hotels (e.g. legoland hotel, traders hotel). The locals most probably have their own houses and will drive to Medini to work. So your likely tenants will be the pool of doctors/students/SG retirees (landed at HH,EL,LF,LH with good security will be attractive to them too)

Last edited:

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
The government offices already start to move here .. somebody told me even to renew or apply for electricity have to go to nusajaya .. previously can be done at the city .
Now they have tax incentives here - a lot of people negotiating to buy / lease the land .
there is already yellow CW bus operating in Medini/legoland . So people who work in jurong can stay at nusajaya
It's relatively cheaper and u will get condo facilities such as gym, retail shops, swimming pool, cable tv , here rather than staying in HDB which u will get well - old folks.
After Lego land and hello kitty land&pine studio- we are not sure what else will come up next .. So it can be exciting as the names of the land buyers in Medini&puteri harbour are released slowly ...
So far I didn't hear any big banks going to build their office there ..
But this zone suppose to be the financial district :smile: