• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mercedes.Benz

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why in Singapore we call Mercedes Benz 马赛地 but Ah Tiongs and ATBs in Singapore call it 奔驰?

Why China people like to change our local language of calling things?

Like 我去 巴刹, the stupid Ah Tiongs and ATBs will say 我去 菜市.

Why China people cannot use our language when they want to come here to live?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Non-Chinese words (Malay, Indian) have seeped into the local Chinese language which the PRCs do not know.
E.g. the local word for market 巴刹 is derived from the Malay word for market: "pasar". Can't expect Ah Tiongs and ATBs to know.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Non-Chinese words (Malay, Indian) have seeped into the local Chinese language which the PRCs do not know.
E.g. the local word for market 巴刹 is derived from the Malay word for market: "pasar". Can't expect Ah Tiongs and ATBs to know.
Does that mean they never even attempt to integrate into our Singaporean culture and local lingo? Then if they don't want to integrate, they should go home to their own country. Is it like that say correct?

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought cbina is mercedes biggest market but its not. If it is, they can call it whatever they want.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I go NTUC I hear ATB asking for canned food. They say 罐装的XX。Why don't she say 罐头的XX?

Why???

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think sinkie should learn from atb certain fun words eg kappa sports brand atb will say 背靠背 KNN