• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meet our former SAF Army Chief - the quality, the talent, the mannerism, conduct etc

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meet our former SAF Army Chief - the quality, the talent, the mannerism, conduct

How about UK like CCS and LTY?

I know for a fact that PSC does have arrangements with certain UK universities to secure places in the rare case some scholars fail to secure places on their own. However, most UK scholars secure their places on their own through the normal route, before they even begin the PSC process. Look at the UK timeline and you see that Papsmearer makes no sense at all. Oxbridge's application deadline is mid-October, and they release their decisions by late January, and it has been that way for years and years. Go look it up. I can even give you the link. LSE and some of the other London universities have rolling admissions that begin in late October, so effectively everyone applies early to maximize their chances before places start getting filled up. This is how most scholars secure their places - they do it like everybody else. Even for scholars who fail to get a place on their own, PSC is in a tough spot because by March or April most of the top universities have already filled up, and to magically secure a place after the universities have finished their admission process takes hard negotiation with the university. Any notion that scholars have it easier than everyone else is misplaced, and any 19 year old JC kid can see that Papsmearer is a moron.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meet our former SAF Army Chief - the quality, the talent, the mannerism, conduct

I know for a fact that PSC does have arrangements with certain UK universities to secure places in the rare case some scholars fail to secure places on their own. However, most UK scholars secure their places on their own through the normal route, before they even begin the PSC process. Look at the UK timeline and you see that Papsmearer makes no sense at all. Oxbridge's application deadline is mid-October, and they release their decisions by late January, and it has been that way for years and years. Go look it up. I can even give you the link. LSE and some of the other London universities have rolling admissions that begin in late October, so effectively everyone applies early to maximize their chances before places start getting filled up. This is how most scholars secure their places - they do it like everybody else. Even for scholars who fail to get a place on their own, PSC is in a tough spot because by March or April most of the top universities have already filled up, and to magically secure a place after the universities have finished their admission process takes hard negotiation with the university. Any notion that scholars have it easier than everyone else is misplaced, and any 19 year old JC kid can see that Papsmearer is a moron.

"moron" is a good description especially given his harping on Winston Choo as if Choo is the subject of a thread about Chan Chun Sing.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At one time he was Dennis pointman in that Raffles country club debacle. At some time he was also Ambassador here and there.
No one is insulting orang lama Winston Choo. He would have a hearty laugh reading our postings here.
And what education level are you? Where were you when Singapore's army was being built up? Who bothered to defend you. You insult Winston on a thread on CCS. What has Winston done to you? Who the heck do you think you are?

My friend was with him on overseas posting - MFA. WC enjoyed life to the fullest in Aussieland. In S'pore, was told he moves around with Dennis FOOL.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

At one time he was Dennis pointman in that Raffles country club debacle. At some time he was also Ambassador here and there.
No one is insulting orang lama Winston Choo. He would have a hearty laugh reading our postings here.

The topic is about the no star general Chan. Not Winston Choo. Shove it.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can some Chinese cultural expert confirm that the way he clasped his right fingers over his left clenched fist is the way gangsters "greet" each other before they fight. And that friendly greetings is the other way round?

That's a signal he will send in the army if a freak result happens

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The topic is about the no star general Chan. Not Winston Choo. Shove it.

Noted. Those who wants to talk about Winston Choo kindly start a new thread.....now back to topic of Minister General CCS

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

He didnt abandon the army he was forced to moved away they wanted the RI guy Kirpa to take over.

And where the heck are you from? You can't be in Singapore at this hour.

Why aren't you insulting CCS or are to Chun Sing best friend? Huh? Kiss his ass at Cambridge?

I see, someone put a gun to his head and forced him and his family to move to Perth, Australia. OK, whatever, u are delusional. I am no fan of CCS myself.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see, someone put a gun to his head and forced him and his family to move to Perth, Australia. OK, whatever, u are delusional. I am no fan of CCS myself.

you are an uneducated fool papsmearer

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

More like a glorified CO runner carrying those envelops.

He stood in the sun, near the crowd, with some envelopes - perhaps of candidates' speeches - in hand. He looked, in short, like an MP who stands with his constituents - to serve, not lord over them." [/B]

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Scroobal,

Any truth to the theory that BG Tan is GCT's candidate and BG Chan is LSL's?

Chua Mui Hoong is a disgrace to journalism.

hi there

1. bro, i fully agree with your last statement on the chua "left-on-the-shelf" thing.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

My friend was with him on overseas posting - MFA. WC enjoyed life to the fullest in Aussieland. In S'pore, was told he moves around with Dennis FOOL.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. honest, just another highly-paid nothing much to do fat soldier.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. honest, just another highly-paid nothing much to do fat soldier.

Agree, reminds us very much of Prata Man but without the millions.