• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MBT will win 70% votes in Tampines...

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. There are a few reasons, one of which, will be announced very soon.

Goh Meng Seng

Old traitor scum, yes we all know u are aiming for the toto grand prize, 15k monthly mp allowance.

LOL scum. these are the money that does not belong to you. Speaks volume about your fucked up character.

:biggrin:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The intention is to use your enemy YPAP's words to lull the PAP into a false sense of security and perhaps to concentrate on other GRCs.

Whatever it takes.....for either side to win.

Let's see if the PAP will be tricked.

G

General Veers

He is just drunk. Ignore him.

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh, i think you are spending too much time here. A few hours daily browsing through is ok but getting actively involved in discussions with forummers will surely attract rivals from PAP, other opposition parties, anti NSP supporters and well as supporters. The OA will keep troublemakers, spammers out but is not here to cover your ass.

Old traitor scum, yes we all know u are aiming for the toto grand prize, 15k monthly mp allowance.

LOL scum. these are the money that does not belong to you. Speaks volume about your fucked up character.

:biggrin:

Hmmm.. I am curious. Do you know of any opposition party candidates that is not aiming for the 15k monthly MP allowance? :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The intention is to use your enemy YPAP's words to lull the PAP into a false sense of security and perhaps to concentrate on other GRCs.

Whatever it takes.....for either side to win.

Let's see if the PAP will be tricked.

Dear IR123,

Well, it is not uncommon for candidates to change ground and tactic at the very last moment. Just like JBJ switching from Kampong Glam to Cheng San in 1997.

The poll rating is REAL to PAP. 70%, that is what I was told, even though the data may be slightly old. But knowing MBT, he will still work hard on the ground, no doubt about it.

I do have dispute with the poll rating of 70% though. It is a national trend, due to demographic change, the decline in support of about 5% for PAP will be felt each and every elections from now on. For the next two elections, it may not risk losing power altogether but nobody can guarantee what will happen after 2015. Even LKY himself has admitted that uncertainties lie ahead for PAP beyond the third elections from now.

Many people misread my message here. I expect NSP in Tampines to win at least 36%. That is the minimum votes we should get. Whether we could win or not, depends on a lot on other factors.

Goh Meng Seng

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people misread my message here. I expect NSP in Tampines to win at least 36%. That is the minimum votes we should get. Whether we could win or not, depends on a lot on other factors.

if u expect swing vote 5% to oppo and your Tampines team 36%. you got just the nationwide swing vote, "no gain at all" despite all the ground works.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP will try to keep its score >60% and win back the 2 existing SMCs. So it is easy to gasak the average swing will be about 5% (from 66% to 61%).

But the swing is highly uneven. Some parties will gain whilst some will actually lose.

Those parties with previous low base scores will likely see improvement whilst those parties with previous high base scores will likely see decline. It's called central tendency. This is because the poor performers tend to pull up their socks whilst the above average performers tend to slack.

The above is assuming the former does not commit political suicide or conversely the latter does not receive help from the MSM and PAP.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
if u expect swing vote 5% to oppo and your Tampines team 36%. you got just the nationwide swing vote, "no gain at all" despite all the ground works.

Well, what I am saying is 36% is the minimum vote I expect. I am expecting higher than that, of course and aiming higher, naturally, for a win.

Frankly speaking, NSP is in better shape than previously to go for an elections. It has started consistent ground work since 2006 couple with active participation in national discourses through its various views made known, via press releases and newspapers. This effort has been ongoing since Law Sin Ling's time as SG.

Thus I expect NSP to perform much better than national vote swing. By how much? It will depend on individual candidates' effort and strength.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What he is saying is that Ling made a fool of himself by his poor and quite rude and uncultured performance. Made worse by his wig. His quarrel with Chiam made it worse. The fact that Ling was kicked out is a fact. Logic does not require the votes to go to associate of the counterparty of the quarrel.

Putting such an argument that he lost his deposit is quite dishonest giving the impression that Ling held on to his seat and triumphed.

Did Ling lose his seat or not?

Don't talk cock lah. Ling was last MP in 1997. It's been 13 years. However, don't forget Chiam sent his guy to contest Ling and lost his deposit.:o

It is more honest, interesting and salient if you had asked: Will Chiam suffer a 15% swing and will his replacement at PP suffer a 20% swing? :rolleyes:

Repeating the same old shit is very boring.:(

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
What he is saying is that Ling made a fool of himself by his poor and quite rude and uncultured performance. Made worse by his wig. His quarrel with Chiam made it worse. The fact that Ling was kicked out is a fact. Logic does not require the votes to go to associate of the counterparty of the quarrel.

Putting such an argument that he lost his deposit is quite dishonest giving the impression that Ling held on to his seat and triumphed.

Did Ling lose his seat or not?

Please don't make a fool of yourself. What a load of rubbish!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you have set a trend after the Sear matter. Seems more invasive then usual commentary then the usual critics. Good work. They seem to struggle with these kids of queries.

Ling's performance is good example on the importance of showing a cool front in front of voters. Its applies universally.

20% vote swing is possible if the candidate of the opposing side makes a big boo boo and loses the confidence of the people. Take for example, Ling How Doong, after his "Don't talk cock" outburst in parliament and his acrimonious quarrel with Chiam (whom the people have more respect) out in the open, his vote drops by more than 20%...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the wrong use of terms "central tendency". It requires some level of positive work that the voters must see. Look at he Chee and SDP performance. Each and every GE they got progressively worse results and its went against the "central tendency" that you claim.

Best to use the actual results and do an honest interpretation.

Those parties with previous low base scores will likely see improvement whilst those parties with previous high base scores will likely see decline. It's called central tendency. This is because the poor performers tend to pull up their socks whilst the above average performers tend to slack.

The above is assuming the former does not commit political suicide or conversely the latter does not receive help from the MSM and PAP.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
So did Ling retain his seat? He was rejected comprehensively by the voters. Lets deal with details and not sidestep the questions by putting a spin that is untrue.

My first sentence already mentioned Ling was last MP in 1997. A long absence of 13 years.

Which idiot except you would intentionally misconstrued me as suggesting Ling has won in a 3-corner fight?

Which moron would in his wildest imagination think PAP did not contest?

Have you been seeing the ghost of Ling in parliament?

You won't be able to trip me with your usual distracting masturbation. Please give up.

I may be blunt to the point of irritating. I have to in this kind of free-wheeling forum. Otherwise it is impossible to say anything at all.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too much fluff. The question is simple - did Ling retain his seat?
My first sentence already mentioned Ling was last MP in 1997. A long absence of 13 years.

Which idiot except you would intentionally misconstrued me as suggesting Ling has won in a 3-corner fight?

Which moron would in his wildest imagination think PAP did not contest?

Have you been seeing the ghost of Ling in parliament?

You won't be able to trip me with your usual distracting masturbation. Please give up.

I may be blunt to the point of irritating. I have to in this kind of free-wheeling forum. Otherwise it is impossible to say anything at all.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the Ling's story.

Ling How Doong story is one of luck, accidents and mediocrity. He got the seat in Bt Gombak because of Seet Ai Mei washing hands debacle and very much due to her false persona. Ling having won the seat ended being told what to to do instead of looking after his voters. Imagine an incumbent holding a seat and garnering only 28.4% of the votes, massive swing for any incumbent.

Yes, it was a 3 cornered fight but Mohd Farid from SPP only got about 1,600 votes while PAP fielded Ang Mo Seng whose charisma was basically nil. This was one case where a 3 cornered fight did not split the votes by any stretch of the imagination. It was indeed a shocking result. I would have venture that Ling was not only the contributing factor. The party has to take responsibility for putting family members on Gombak payroll.

It was clear the backlash was due to Ling's conduct. Taking solace by claiming a 3rd cornered fight is being mischievious and dishinest.

jw5

Loyal
Well, what I am saying is 36% is the minimum vote I expect. I am expecting higher than that, of course and aiming higher, naturally, for a win.

Frankly speaking, NSP is in better shape than previously to go for an elections. It has started consistent ground work since 2006 couple with active participation in national discourses through its various views made known, via press releases and newspapers. This effort has been ongoing since Law Sin Ling's time as SG.

Thus I expect NSP to perform much better than national vote swing. By how much? It will depend on individual candidates' effort and strength.

Goh Meng Seng
GMS
Appreciate if you clarify my earlier question.
You said that it would be unacceptable and unreasonable if you get less than 36%. Can you clarify what would be your response or reaction if you indeed get less than 36%?

I'm asking because when someone states that something is unacceptable and unreasonable, there is usually a follow up response or reaction.

If you get more than 50%, presumably you will serve the people to the best of your ability.
If you get less than 50% but more than 36%, you will see it as reasonable and acceptable, hence I'm not so curious about your response. It could be to try again, or stop trying.

Thanks.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good work on the letter questioning the arrest of Abdul Malik.

Based on the TR reports, it was noted tht the file was opened by MDA. Maybe you should direct an email to MDA and a certain rear admiral. From what I understand, this rear admiral hopes to eventually become the Minister of Home Affairs, one of the most powerful positions in the PAP government. He is using the current YOG to score points and show to everyone that he is the right man for the job.

Lui was involved in YOG? I tot it's vivian and teo ser luck?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear JW5,

When such a result comes up, I would have to assess whether it is due to general vote swing against opposition or just something else.

If it is just Tampines that score below the general vote swing then I will have to take personal responsibility of my team's bad showing, i.e. I will quit as the leader of my party. If the result is extremely bad (substantial percentage below general vote swing) then I guess I will have to quit politics altogether.

Of course, all these scenarios are based on the presumption that the election is fair and no irregularities or doubtful practices exist.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS
Appreciate if you clarify my earlier question.
You said that it would be unacceptable and unreasonable if you get less than 36%. Can you clarify what would be your response or reaction if you indeed get less than 36%?

I'm asking because when someone states that something is unacceptable and unreasonable, there is usually a follow up response or reaction.

If you get more than 50%, presumably you will serve the people to the best of your ability.
If you get less than 50% but more than 36%, you will see it as reasonable and acceptable, hence I'm not so curious about your response. It could be to try again, or stop trying.

Thanks.