• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mark Lee admits that most of his workers at Old Town White Coffee are from mainland C

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Mark Lee admits that most of his workers at Old Town White Coffee are from mainla

I'll still go to killiney kopi tiam near comcenter. The otah and mee siam "bo hum" but hiam there still the bestest. :biggrin: Anyone know if they started employing PRCs as well there?

I thought that only MEE SIAM comes with MAI HUM? no "Bo hum"...ha ha ha ha..

The Killiney Kopi Tiam Food is not bad, eat otfen at their branch at Lucky Plaza...good service too..:biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Mark Lee admits that most of his workers at Old Town White Coffee are from mainla

Mark Lee is smart, that is why he is rich. Nobody will gain much by employing a bunch of sinkies. I , myself , have avoided sinkies in my personal and professional life. And my life turn around for the better after that, so do Mark Lee in his business.

All the best to Mark Lee and pls keep on getting more china workers, the best is 100% employed the china workers. Dun let any sinkie into your business.

CB kia tonychat,

simi lan cheow 'professional life':confused::confused:

dun talk big lah.. OKT say OKT lah.. professional my foot..:biggrin:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you are not sure, then dun try to know. SInkie knows nothing anyway. Maybe you can read your straits Times, they tend to educate you in a "certain" way to make you FEEL knowledgeable.

oh by the way, please keep your forgiveness to yourself. I dun need it. it might be polluted with sinkieness, i dun want to dirty myself.

One possible tip: pls put me into your ignore list if you dun like what i post, it will make you life better.

You are a Casualty of the System. e.g. a school drop out, so for this reason, I a Singaporean will forgive you for whatever nonsense you posted.

3 Cheers for Singaporeans!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dun worry, foreigners will visit his coffee shop. Less sinkies the better. His coffee shop's existence is to serve the FT, not sinkies.

Wahahah Old Town White coffee is a mudland franchise to begin with. I suppose there is no real lost if sinkies don't visit it either. ekekekek

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought that only MEE SIAM comes with MAI HUM? no "Bo hum"...ha ha ha ha..

The Killiney Kopi Tiam Food is not bad, eat otfen at their branch at Lucky Plaza...good service too..:biggrin:

Yah lah, thats why I put quotes around it lah. Anyway, really miss the Otah, dammed big and nice. If there is a food I miss back home its the otah. keekeke.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wahahah Old Town White coffee is a mudland franchise to begin with. I suppose there is no real lost if sinkies don't visit it either. ekekekek

ahhh A look-down-at-malaysian statement.. very sinkie indeed!!!!

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

ahhh A look-down-at-malaysian statement.. very sinkie indeed!!!!

You are a Casualty of the System. e.g. a SINGAPOREAN school drop out, who blame Singaporeans and all things Singaporean, so for this reason, I a Singaporean will forgive you for whatever nonsense you posted. :smile:

3 Cheers for Singaporeans!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cannot blame Mark Lee lah. All business must look towards lower costs.

WE MUST HAVE MINIMUM WAGE IN SINGAPORE!

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cannot blame Mark Lee lah. All business must look towards lower costs.

WE MUST HAVE MINIMUM WAGE IN SINGAPORE!

It's just quite ironic that a person who filmed "Money No Enough" to explain the Plight of Singaporeans, could how lian that he needs to buy a cash register as he is distributing bonuses and hiring all Foreigners and not Singaporeans. He also how lian that he have 5 stalls and looking to expand to 10-20 stalls (can't remember the exact figure), 3-4 new stall a year.

He is making MAXIMUM PROFIT otherwise he can't have this ambitious expansion plan. So the question now is, why he is not able to employ Singaporeans as a service to his nation? It is not as if he is not making money.

Mark Lee's situation though people may think is a small thing, it actually reflects the situations facing Singaporeans now. Employers are too greedy.

Danny_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will from now on BOYCOTT ur bloody white coffee!!! I rather drink in Msia!!!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

See? i always tell the truth here but those sinkie losers cannot take the truth. THey cannot face the fact that they are belong to the sinkie group.

But not to worry, if they work hard enough, they can remove their sinkie behavior. it is changeable.

CB Kia Tonychat, how come you left out the truth about yourself?

Such as....

- you are a pimp
- you were convicted of fraud
- borrow money from frd never return and run road to Thailand
- scold Sinkies all the time but still hold pink IC
- your wife is ladyboy

Aiyo so shameless!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's just quite ironic that a person who filmed "Money No Enough" to explain the Plight of Singaporeans, could how lian that he needs to buy a cash register as he is distributing bonuses and hiring all Foreigners and not Singaporeans. He also how lian that he have 5 stalls and looking to expand to 10-20 stalls (can't remember the exact figure), 3-4 new stall a year.

He is making MAXIMUM PROFIT otherwise he can't have this ambitious expansion plan. So the question now is, why he is not able to employ Singaporeans as a service to his nation? It is not as if he is not making money.

Mark Lee's situation though people may think is a small thing, it actually reflects the situations facing Singaporeans now. Employers are too greedy.

I think Mark Lee will run into trouble soon. The PAP govt is finally awakening to the anger on the grounds on the foreign workers influx. THere will be limits to workers coming into Singapore at least for this year.

Mark Lee better move carefully otherwise he might end up serving kopi himself.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Mark Lee will run into trouble soon. The PAP govt is finally awakening to the anger on the grounds on the foreign workers influx. THere will be limits to workers coming into Singapore at least for this year.

Mark Lee better move carefully otherwise he might end up serving kopi himself.

Mark Lee this no class ah beng shud have thought of what it might be like if Jack Neo decided to hire a PRC beng instead of him.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Basically retail and F&B lines are addicted to foreign labour. It is almost impossible to hire locals due to high rental costs. They need to hire foreign workers to get cheap labour. Otherwise cannot compete.

High rental costs are due to them fighting all over each other for each shop coming up. If govt reduce intake of foreign workers, I see quite a few weak ones dying first, then suckers will cheong in to take over. But they will face the same structural problems.

If govt ignore their pleas, then we will finally see the reduction of rental as pple wise up and stop taking up shops. We will see more of owner-run outlets then as rental lower. End results could be better paid locals.

I seriously dun think so though. Anyway, do we really need another Starbucks, Giordano, Crystal Jade? WTF

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

CB Kia Tonychat, how come you left out the truth about yourself?

Such as....

- you are a pimp
- you were convicted of fraud
- borrow money from frd never return and run road to Thailand
- scold Sinkies all the time but still hold pink IC
- your wife is ladyboy

Aiyo so shameless!

can add :

- try to sell fake tag heuer watch in watch forum.
- attend protest in bangkok becos of free food + drink + 100baht
- fat
- ugly
- ugly ( so ugly u just had to say it twice:eek:)

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mark Lee this no class ah beng shud have thought of what it might be like if Jack Neo decided to hire a PRC beng instead of him.

Jack Neo is the co partner with Mark Lee in Old Town. Last time local movie box office was very poor, Jack Neo kept appealing to the audience to support local movie industry give them chance. Now, they rather hire PRCs than local. :mad:

http://blog.omy.sg/jackneo/archives/223/comment-page-1

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jack Neo is the co partner with Mark Lee in Old Town. Last time local movie box office was very poor, Jack Neo kept appealing to the audience to support local movie industry give them chance. Now, they rather hire PRCs than local. :mad:

Please write to the press to whack him, esp Jack Neo the useless "film-maker"

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

who knows... maybe next time, the movie industry will have more PRC staffs.

I have to say that with the abundance of good and hungry PRC in China, their skill level is increasing faster than anyone can imagine.

my friends, it's a matter of time...

If Singaporeans don't improve themselves, their own skills sets, their own viability, etc... they'll be obsolete in no time... think about this...