• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many here cannot wait....

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........for Singapore to fail........:p

From the amount of threads started,
1) finding bones to pick from eggs.
2) every single slightest issue is being viewed under a microscope
3) how people start to give names from Singapore to sinkiepore.
4) from how foreigners turned to singaporeans can be mocked at.
5) from how people start to say what 1st world when even more uncivilized than 3rd world.
6) giving all kinds of names.
7) mocking at olympic participants.
endless more...

I am not a patriot but then it really amazes me at times at how people can start venting their frustrations on an online forum. I guessed there is so much hatred in the heart. Not here definitely to start a war, but judging from how it goes, i think flaming here, sarcastic remarks will definitely be inevitable.

And I start to wonder, are all these people waiting for singapore to fail or moving towards doom? If that day comes, I am sure these very people will be most happy, isn't it? Or am I wrong?

Or should I say the day Singapore Sinks, I am sure many of you would be like kena 10 million dollar toto and start to feel so happy over. Isn't this what most here are waiting for?

Maybe we should have a show of hands how many of you here are waiting for singapore to sink entirely?

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a hatred for the pap government..... these people have nowhere to vent their hatred except in online forums like this....

beng

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a hatred for the pap government..... these people have nowhere to vent their hatred except in online forums like this....

beng

I do understand the hatred, because no govt is perfect. Some boiling over to name calling, twisting of facts and figures. Which I find is very amusing.

A story to share..

There was once this young boy and his mother taking a train in the subway. Happens that the mother fell asleep, and the boy started playing, running around and tripped over a commuter's leg. An old lady seated nearby told the little boy,
"young man, be careful, you might hurt someone." the reaction of the boy made many appalled when he started to said, "old hag, why don't you just keep quiet and go to sleep." A young lady seated beside the old lady spoke out and said, "little boy, what's with that name-calling? where's your manners?"

At this point of time I think many of you agree with me the little boy is indeed rude.

the little boy replied, "oh shut your gap up. what has this got to do with you. mind your own business". The commuters in the train were appalled by the outburst. Many start to whisper saying whatever has happened to the upbringing of this young little boy.

Name calling, rude remarks, don't reflect on the boy but on the kind of upbringing he had when he is small.

I am sure if this incident happens in a singapore mrt, everyone will think whatever has happened to this little boy's upbringing.
We do start to see all kinds of this name calling, rude remarks in this forum as well.

My story is not meant to offend anyone but to show everyone a mirror.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are referring to these people?

Name calling - clinton666, Goh chok Tong (Quitters)

Twisting of figures - Ng Eng Hen (3/4 of jobs go to singaporeans) vs NTU economists (majority of jobs go to foreigners)

Twisting of facts - Ng Eng Hen (PRs are S'poreans) vs IDA (PRs are foreigners)

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are referring to these people?

Name calling - clinton666, Goh chok Tong (Quitters)

Twisting of figures - Ng Eng Hen (3/4 of jobs go to singaporeans) vs NTU economists (majority of jobs go to foreigners)

Twisting of facts - Ng Eng Hen (PRs are S'poreans) vs IDA (PRs are foreigners)

I don't wish to name anybody, but just to show a mirror to everyone. And sometimes we should all reflect on what we did, say, write. winning or venting frustrations in an online avenue may fill egos, but is it just about filling egos or fulfilling something which one cannot achieve in real life?

IMNSA

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's actually good to let off steam.

That's why there are designated areas in SG for people to go for pros.

And you can never please everybody.

Give tax relief, the poorer will complain as they don't get as much.

Use income bracket, the rich will complain as they have to pay more.

What is fair?

Fact of the matter is, we all want to see ourselves in better positions, and most want to have as much advantage as possible.

Simple example.

Taxi drivers want to make more money. But oil company employees also want to make sure that they get to keep their job. Taxi drivers complain that their income goes down when oil price increases, but if oil companies don't increase price, then some of their employees will have to lose their jobs.

So what to do? Either way, sure got complaints. Government stepped in and moderate, then they become the best target for both sides to aim liao lor.

And in a way, that's the price we have to pay to those in the government for having to be the target for us to vent our fustration lor.

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a patriot but then it really amazes me at times at how people can start venting their frustrations on an online forum. I guessed there is so much hatred in the heart.

When you pay millions to your leaders, you expect the best returns. Unfortunately, a lot of people are getting sub-standards returns and treatment. That's where the hatred came from. The rich-poor gap is widening by the day. :(

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
So who are you referring to now?the forum is not also a place to confuse Sinkies,which PAP is bery proud of doing.

jw5

Loyal
silverfox
Agree that the boy in your story is a spoilt brat and is the result of bad upbringing.
The parents should be jailed. :smile:

The name calling and country/government bashing in the forum is sometimes too much.
The funny thing is that I believe those guys who do that are the quietest and meekest people around when there are government officials and figures of authority around. They just lash out when they think that nobody knows their identities.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........for Singapore to fail........:p

From the amount of threads started,
participants.
endless more...

I am not a patriot but then it really amazes me at times at how people can start venting their frustrations on an online forum. ?

Maybe we should have a show of hands how many of you here are waiting for singapore to sink entirely?

Bro/Sis
Like all forums, which have a focus or known to gravitate to a particular theme or have become well known to hold a particular theme, SBF is no different. Its certainly is not omnibus in content though the folders might give the intial impression.

There is no other forum that I know of over the years where policy flaws or unexpected warts of government have been reliably picked up or highlighted. Its no surprise that the Press always trawls thru this forum and we all know that it is well quoted along the corridors of power. SBF has also made Time Magazine. When the fourth estate fails badly, something comes to the fore no how ugly or unprofessional it maybe to fill the void.

There are many contents related to government and politics, some are errroneously stated, some are false and some are gems. Its an opportunity to clarify and to restate what the actual policy is and what the actual impact ia.

Overtime, you know who writes rubbish and who delivers the goods. You know know who is aligned and who is neutral and who is fair and who is bias. The cornerstone of all these is non-censorship.

There is also a difference between loving your country and its people and loving the ruling party.

So in that context we are likely to see more "critical" comments of the govt than most.

Your comments are also valid as the previous SBF under Delphi went down hill as people feared posting in favour of what they actually thought. Some well respected forummers who could argue well and state their case well ended up being non critical to a particualr bloc because of the fear of intimidation or the desire to remain popular. Stalking however was so bad that it consumed bandwidth and eroded attention.

It is also good that you put up this comments so we are reminded not to go overboard.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro/Sis

Your comments are also valid as the previous SBF under Delphi went down hill as people feared posting in favour of what they actually thought. Some well respected forummers who could argue well and state their case well ended up being non critical to a particualr bloc because of the fear of intimidation or the desire to remain popular. Stalking however was so bad that it consumed bandwidth and eroded attention.

It is also good that you put up this comments so we are reminded not to go overboard.

Every policy will not go down well with everyone. We win some, we lose some. It benefits some, but hurts some.
I believe in convincing people with valid reasoning, not in terms of settling personal vendetta and argue for the sake of arguing. Some postings I wouldn't bother replying, not because I can't reason out, but because continuing to do so, would be pointless as the replies would just be a retaliation.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
silverfox
Agree that the boy in your story is a spoilt brat and is the result of bad upbringing.
The parents should be jailed. :smile:

The name calling and country/government bashing in the forum is sometimes too much.
The funny thing is that I believe those guys who do that are the quietest and meekest people around when there are government officials and figures of authority around. They just lash out when they think that nobody knows their identities.

The parents should not be jailed. Though many may shrug off the story of the boy as just another story, but it is reflective in real life scenarios.

It so happens, that though many here are adults, but the behaviour is no less than the small little boy I mentioned.
It is easy at how people look at us, but in another way, people shake heads at the kind of upbringing we had.

Lashing out is a way of frustrations. But not to the point of insults, name calling. Sometimes I do pity them:(

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every policy will not go down well with everyone. We win some, we lose some.
You are stating the obvious. It will save time if you could highlight the postives as the negatives are thrown out and vise versa.

Pointless writing motherhood statements.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are stating the obvious. It will save time if you could highlight the postives as the negatives are thrown out and vise versa.

Pointless writing motherhood statements.

Maybe let's talk about the ERP. shall we?:o

It's the most 'hated' issue among many for those who drive. With more gantries, higher charges, drivers hate this system. With these ERP charges, road taxes were given rebates.

Most say, you give me rebate, but take it back in the form of higher charges. This is very true. For one who works in CBD, he has to fork out additional charges just to enter during certain hours. For another who doesn't, he enjoys the road tax rebate as his driving does not require him to enter any ERP gantries.

The ERP system works in places which have big traffic jams. We may think that ERP is harmful. How about removing all the ERP gantries right now? Does anyone dare to think about the consequences when all ERP gantries are removed?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe let's talk about the ERP. shall we?:o

It's the most 'hated' issue among many for those who drive. With more gantries, higher charges, drivers hate this system. With these ERP charges, road taxes were given rebates.

Most say, you give me rebate, but take it back in the form of higher charges. This is very true. For one who works in CBD, he has to fork out additional charges just to enter during certain hours. For another who doesn't, he enjoys the road tax rebate as his driving does not require him to enter any ERP gantries.

The ERP system works in places which have big traffic jams. We may think that ERP is harmful. How about removing all the ERP gantries right now? Does anyone dare to think about the consequences when all ERP gantries are removed?
Here is where the policy failure occurred. The PARF policy was replaced by ERF. What was controlled for decades in a streamlined manner with cars allowed as more roads were built suddenly went haywire. Notice the additional gantries were unexpected and rushed thru after someone went thru the CTE one fine day.

The Minister involved is no longer in Government.

The desire to remove the high cost of cars in affordability index for attracting investment and to placate the comments FTs has cost us dearly.
Now you know why forums like this are important. Things like this you never ever find in the local press. Welcome to the wider world. You might want to read carefully as you go alone to come up to speed.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has a Fascist, Authoritarian political system. If Singapore succeeds, that means Fascist, Authoritarian political system is good.

To me, Fascist, Authoritarian political system is evil. Thus, I hope Singapore fail.

Simple as that.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we should all reflect on what we did'.......venting frustrations in an online avenue may fill egos......or fulfilling something which one cannot achieve in real life?

WE must understand the background of people so that we know why they vent their frustrations or make certain kind of statements.

To understand what you have said so far and where you are coming from, let me ask you some questions.

1.Are you born in Singapore ?
2.Were you educated in Singapore ?
2. Did you serve NS ?
3. Are you are a reservist or completed all your reservist training ?
4. Have you participated in any National Day Parade?

For myself, the answer to all the above is YES. Which means I have earned the right to speak out about Singapore.

Of course the above is not meant to be the only criteria-but it gives a very good idea of where a person is coming from when he makes gives opinions/make public statements about Singapore.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The oppressive nature of this govt that is artifically nurtured in this country by the 3rd world govt of sg has caused such negative reaction to many people in sg.

They have no right to oppress anyone. But of course those sinkies give them the right, which of course behave like them as well.