• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

WELCOME to the THEATRE OF DREAMS Jose

&

May the FORCE be with you

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get good able people to assist you Jose. It's a daunting task. No one doubt your ability. It will be nothing like what you've experience before. You are now the most POWERFUL manager of any club in the world.

Methinks a second TREBLE is round the corner.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mourinho tells Man Utd fans: Forget past 3 years

Jose Mourinho has told Manchester United fans to forget about the past three years.

Mourinho was confirmed United manager on Friday morning and was interviewed by MUTV.

Congratulations on becoming the new Manchester United manager - how do you feel?

"I feel great. Well, I think I am in the right moment in my career because Man United is one of these clubs where you need really to be prepared for it because it is what I used to a call giant club. And giant clubs must be for the best managers and I think I am ready for it, so I could say I am happy, I am proud, I am honoured, I am everything. But the reality is that what I love is to work and I cannot wait for the seventh of July to go on the pitch."

You have won trophies everywhere. What are your ambitions for Manchester United?

"I think we can look at our club now in two perspectives. One perspective is the past three years and another perspective is the club history. I think I prefer to forget the past three years, I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now. I think what the fans are expecting me to say is that I want to win. I think what the players they need to listen (to) is I want to win. And more than that, I need the players and supporters to feel that I say that, but I think we can really. It's not just to say what I say. So, yes, I want to focus on the history of this giant club and give what I have and what I don't have, so I will give absolutely everything to try and go in the direction we all want."

You seem to have had a good rapport with Manchester United fans when you've been with Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea and a charity game. What is your message to United fans?

"You know, I think I know what they can give me. I think also they know what I can give them. Obviously the most important thing are the players and the relation of the players is the bridge with them, but I think it is very important and curious that I have played so many times against Man United and I played so many times at Old Trafford with other clubs. There was empathy, no problems and, in fact, I was pushed by that feeling to say sometimes things that my clubs were not happy with. I remember, for example, when I won at Old Trafford with Real Madrid, I told that the best team lost. Not many people was happy at Real Madrid."

- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...get-past-3-years-4131481#sthash.O4Pwaa2C.dpuf

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
For United to succeed, the fans, the players and management must believe in him. Give him the time and space and he'll deliver.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's 1.94m tall rugged,combative type and is easy on the ball with good vision. We can't possibly ask for more. Fosu will be an outstanding DM.

lets just hope Mourniho recognise this and give him the chance / play him. Otherwise if he follows Pogba, then its real stupid.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for sure, Mourniho is not the best fit for Man U, but he is the best available in the market now - I cannot imagine with Man C, Liverpool, Tottenham having exciting managers, Man U not having a 'big gun', Mourniho is the only one available. Simonone is not leaving until Champions League, and probably not interested to come. Even if he will be there for 3 years, but he manage to deliver a title or Champions League win during this reign, it will be satisfying. Look at Wenger, he has been in Ars for so long, how many trophies has he won?

Besides him, i cannot name another long serving manager in the BPL. Already, people has written of Leicester chance of retaining the title next year, which probably means, unless Leicester retain a Champions League place, Ranieri will probably lose his job come next year. I think Man U should start planning for life after Mourniho, such has soccer changed that unless you continue to deliver or be seen as pushing hard to win every season, chances of manager staying long (more than 3 years) is low.

There has been sayings of Pochettino, on grounds of the dynamic Tottenham team that he has built up. However, will it be the same if Tottenham suddenly flounder the next season beause the chairman decides to sell and dismantle the team? If we look at Brandon Rogers, he did splendidly well during the first / second season with Liverpool and everyone was heaping praise, and he was sacked and the supposedly exciting Jurgen Klopp was brought in. And he has done well so far, next season? it remains to be seen.

Comparing Pochettino and Mourniho, one has potential, the other is proven. So what if Mourniho is aggressive and is toxic to the BPL? SAF wasn't always on his best behavior either, as long as he transform us into winners, the swashbuckling Man U of before, I simply don't care. I pay Singtel to watch Man U to win, not to behave like a gentleman and not winning. For all the talk of Pochettino, he hasn't won any trophies. Even when Man U hired LVG, everyone sang praise about him and how he will bring trophies to Man U, but it turned out not to be the case.

Actually i was impressed with LVG, his strategy and shrewdness brought that famous victory against Spain. His 3-5-2 was impressive and he won all during the pre-season. I don't why he decided to give up, like they say, the 5-3 defeat by Leicester was the turning point and it went downwards ever since. He went into his shell and played posession football and runnng down the clock. I believe also, the injury to Luke Shaw screwed him totally at beginning of the season. However, as a world class coach, there should be no excuse not to recover.

anyway, thats history. Next season should be impressive and heart stopping for us. If Ibrahimovic indeed sign, it will be good news, we would have powerful striker -think Drogba and Costa - with Marshal and a new winger, we will see glimpse of the fast attacking football. I just hope Rooney's speed don't bog us down.

Sorry again, Mata and Herrara seems to be curtains down. They are good but not suitable for the way we want the game played.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For United to succeed, the fans, the players and management must believe in him. Give him the time and space and he'll deliver.:biggrin:

Too many Man Utd fans who talk the talk but don't walk it. I remember when David Moyes was first appointed to succeed SAF. Absolutely no-one - fans, media, so called football analysts and commentators was critical of his appointment. SAF himself was said to have been instrumental in choosing Moyes based on his long track record at Everton but it all went pear shaped when they failed to qualify for the UCL. He made decent signings like Mata and Shaw but frankly just wasn't given enough time.

The same can be said to a lesser extent with LvG but with him, I think he failed to get the players to buy into his football philosophy if you believe in what the media said about his relations with David DeGea. Breaking the EPL transfer record to buy '£60m flop' Angel DiMara didn't help his credibility. A proven world class player who struggled under LvG but is now flourishing with PSG.

Frankly, like Eric Cantona, I do not think Mourinho will be a good fit at United as many pundits and fans claim (Guardiola being a better but unavailable choice). Man Utd are going through a period of evolutionary change and whoever steps into the manager's shoes must be given time to build a world class squad. Unfortunately, SAF's legacy means that fans' expectations are so unbelievably high that nothing less than silverware every year plus UCL qualification is acceptable. Despite Mourinho's impressive managerial credentials, this may be a step too far even for The Special One.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Ibrahimovic indeed sign, it will be good news, we would have powerful striker -think Drogba and Costa - with Marshal and a new winger, we will see glimpse of the fast attacking football.

Putting his personal friendship with Mourinho aside, 2 questions:

1) Why would Ibrahimovic want to join a club that is only playing second tier European competition when he can stay with PSG and perhaps win Champions League?

2) Why would Man Utd buy an ageing 34 year old striker unless it was on a free transfer? (His excessive wage demands would probably wipe out any benefit from this anyway).

Of course, he's world class but is he at the same level as Suárez or Agüero? I don't think so.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exclusive: Marcus Rashford signs bumper new long-term contract at Manchester United

98108374_rashford_sport-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...hford-signs-bumper-new-contract-at-mancheste/

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

What's new Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho been buying at the club's megastore?
A 2015-16 season review DVD? A United travel mug for those long journeys next season?
A Red Devils duvet set to stay warm next winter? The former Chelsea manager's wife, Matilde,
shared an image on her Twitter account on Monday of Mourinho outside the club's training ground
holding a United-branded bag. Mourinho met club legend Sir Bobby Charlton.

Attachments

• Jm.jpg
    Jm.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 584

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
attachment.php

What's new Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho been buying at the club's megastore?
A 2015-16 season review DVD? A United travel mug for those long journeys next season?
A Red Devils duvet set to stay warm next winter? The former Chelsea manager's wife, Matilde,
shared an image on her Twitter account on Monday of Mourinho outside the club's training ground
holding a United-branded bag. Mourinho met club legend Sir Bobby Charlton.

Part of the orientation / welcome pack for all new employees haha. Esp important the Ten Commandments of Man U to ensure Mr Jose don't forget

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
getting Mourinho is a long term mistake................he never stays long at any club........and when he leaves, the club go downhill.........

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ryan Giggs set to QUIT Manchester United
and end 29-year association with Red Devils

Although Giggs has a huge emotional bond with United, it is understood he is ready to break it
to prove himself as a manager in his own right

Ryan Giggs has returned from holiday and is ready to end his 29-year association with Manchester United.
United's most decorated player is back from a break in Dubai and is said to be ready to leave Old Trafford for a new challenge.
Giggs, who served as United No.2 under Louis van Gaal, has been offered a lesser role under newly-appointed boss Jose Mourinho.
Although Giggs has a huge emotional bond with United, it is understood he is ready to break it to prove himself as a manager in his own right.

United are keen for Giggs, 42, to stay but understand his reluctance to accept a less prominent role under Mourinho, who is bringing in his own backroom team.
The self-styled Special One will appoint long-standing assistant Rui Faria as his No.2, meaning any subsequent role Giggs accepts will be a step down
for the United legend, who made 963 appearances for them.

The role Giggs has been offered at United is understood to be within the Academy, which is headed up by his former team-mate and close friend Nicky Butt.

After a year as a player-coach under Moyes and two seasons as Van Gaal's assistant, Giggs now considers himself ready to take on a managerial role
and prove himself outside of Old Trafford.

Giggs is desperate to manage United but, having been twice overlooked for the role,
when David Moyes and Van Gaal were sacked, accepts he must move on elsewhere.

Ryan%20Giggs.jpg

Giggs first burst on the scene as a key part of Manchester United's class of '92...

Ryan%20Giggs.jpg

Giggs won 34 trophies for United playing under Sir Alex Ferguson - including the 2006 Carling Cup

NOV23-Jose-Mourinho-and-Rui-Faria-near-Mourinhos-London-home-this-afternoon.jpg

Rui Faria will join Mourinho at United

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-giggs-set-quit-manchester-8096315

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United offer £60m for Paul Pogba in British transfer record bid
Jose Mourinho green lights attempt to bring France star Pogba back from Juventus

01_02213422_d2b25e_2907261a.jpg

MANCHESTER UNITED have made a British transfer record bid of £60million for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.
SunSport can reveal that Jose Mourinho sanctioned the offer this week as the Old Trafford club seek to beat Barcelona to the 23-year-old’s signature.
Mourinho sees the French powerhouse as the first brick in his planned United rebuild, even though Pogba walked out on United for nothing four years ago.

United’s offer is worth an initial £48m fee plus £12m more in add-on payments based on United’s success and Pogba’s appearances.
That adds up to slightly more than the £59.7m they paid for Argentine flop Angel Di Maria in 2014.
Mourinho has a track record of signing retreads, after persuading Chelsea to spend £25m on Nemanja Matic in 2014, three years after he left for Benfica as the makeweight in the deal to land David Luiz.
The Portuguese sees Pogba’s passing range, tenacity and intelligence as the ideal fulcrum for his new-look United team

Italian champions Juventus have yet to respond to the offer though it is understood the club are increasingly resigned to losing their star player.
Pogba has indicated that he feels he has achieved everything he can at Juve having won four straight Serie A titles and now wants and new challenge where he believes he can win more honours.
The France international has left his future in the hands of agent, Mino Raiola, who has been listening to offers for him for the past three months.

Pogba left United for Turin in 2012 under freedom of contract after failing to establish himself in the first team at Old Trafford.
Then manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, accused the player of ‘’disrespecting Manchester United’ with his actions.
SunSport understands that Mourinho’s appointment as Louis Van Gaal’s successor and the challenge of making United great again are very appealing to Pogba.
United are hopeful of reaching an agreement with player and club before the start of pre season training in July.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...itish-transfer-record-bid-for-Paul-Pogba.html

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
There has been sayings of Pochettino, on grounds of the dynamic Tottenham team that he has built up. However, will it be the same if Tottenham suddenly flounder the next season beause the chairman decides to sell and dismantle the team? If we look at Brandon Rogers, he did splendidly well during the first / second season with Liverpool and everyone was heaping praise, and he was sacked and the supposedly exciting Jurgen Klopp was brought in. And he has done well so far, next season? it remains to be seen.................

If you want to gauge how good a manager is, give him the minimal of resources and watch. IMO, he created a team that could have challenged the top 4 had they stayed together. Chairman had other ideas and they went on a fire sale.

Spurs used the Bale money and went on a shopping spree. Bought several good players but they failed to gel. In fact, they almost reached meltdown with several key players looking for a quick exit. In came Pochettino, look at the strengths of the team, brought in the young players and stutter initially took off at a time where it mattered most. Poch is a rising star.

As for Pool, I could never understand the rationale of buying 8/9 new players after their incredibly successful season and qualifying for CL. Suffice to say he wasted all that Suarez money on potential 'duds'. Mathematically, it would have taken probably more than 38 games to get the permutations right. I guess he knew that he would have problems attracting top talent to play for Pool. Having said that he could have easily turn to the South American continent to get a Suarez equivalent or better.:rolleyes:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... Even when Man U hired LVG, everyone sang praise about him and how he will bring trophies to Man U, but it turned out not to be the case......

LVG came in with a huge reputation and the success of the national team at the world Cup elevated his standings. The problem with LVG is his methods and man management ability. I doubt very much if it's a dutch thing. If you compare LVG and Koeman, they're diametrically opposites.

If you've read some reports on how he conducts his post match briefing and analysis with the players, then you'd probably understand (Aso, that's what the clipboard is for). In his own dictatorial style,he would instruct both his assistants to be seated on the bench and leave the players to sort 'it' out by themselves. C'mon, football has come a long way and it is fluid and dynamic than it was ever before. The likes of Simeone, Pep, Ferguson, Conte,Klopp, Pellegrini and even Wenger often see gaps, mismatch during games and players may not be able to see them during the course of the game. I'd say most are not thinking players while others have an attention span of six year olds.

Methinks LVG is better suited for academy coaching or KO tournaments.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many Man Utd fans who talk the talk but don't walk it. I remember when David Moyes was first appointed to succeed SAF. Absolutely no-one - fans, media, so called football analysts and commentators was critical of his appointment. SAF himself was said to have been instrumental in choosing Moyes based on his long track record at Everton but it all went pear shaped when they failed to qualify for the UCL. He made decent signings like Mata and Shaw but frankly just wasn't given enough time.

No bro, there were many who were against Moyes appointment. They wanted Mourinho. Ferguson made a plea to the fans to support the next manager, the chosen one and it turned out to be a colossal mistake. I'll always remember Moyes as the man who broke the club and I've posted my comments many moons ago. Well, he had the temerity to lay the problem on his predecessor and claimed that the team he inherited were too old. SAF has since refuted those claims and the rest is history.
Could he have succeeded if given time? Perhaps but at the time of his appointment, United had problems attracting top talent and even if we did get one, it will be way in excess of the market premium. It's much like the problem with Pool and Brendan Rogers.IMHO, the misstep United made or didn't make in this case, was to restructure the club post Ferguson with the appointment of a football director. That would have ease and taken the pressure off Moyes to a degree. It was simply a case of too big to succeed.

As far as the analysts and media is concerned, they'll always have something to write whether he succeeds or fail. Let us not forget that Moyes is one of the few British managers left in the game and they're a dying breed.