• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone heard of the bid for Bale and The Happy one cried when he knew that he didn't get the job at OT? :o

I thought the Bale bid by Utd was a hoax engineered by Spurs. Real baulked at the valuation and rumors were circulating that Real could divert their attention elsewhere. Spurs were desperate as they had already committed about a 100 million pounds on new players and in true Levy style they put out a tag 125million pounds and the player is yours Utd.

The Bale truth is Utd has no money.

As far as the Happy one is concerned, I think JW5 has posted earlier that the other older fart(not LKY), Sir Bobby Charlton is against it. If it can't pass this old hag, there is absolutely no chance of him coming to OT. Besides we have cash strapped Jews who are only too happy to say 'next best manager please'!

I read an interview made with Ferguson when he talked about how Spanish bosses view their poorer Portuguese neighbors, one of distrust, disdain and downright condescending (can't remember the exact words). The empathy SAF showed to Mou perhaps led to the perception that Fergie would put in a good word for Mou when he retires. Me thinks this Torres guy is full of BS and is only making this cheap shot to sell his books. The happy one can go to any club he wants and it's not as if Man U is the only club in Europe.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought the Bale bid by Utd was a hoax engineered by Spurs. Real baulked at the valuation and rumors were circulating that Real could divert their attention elsewhere. Spurs were desperate as they had already committed about a 100 million pounds on new players and in true Levy style they put out a tag 125million pounds and the player is yours Utd.

The Bale truth is Utd has no money.

As far as the Happy one is concerned, I think JW5 has posted earlier that the other older fart(not LKY), Sir Bobby Charlton is against it. If it can't pass this old hag, there is absolutely no chance of him coming to OT. Besides we have cash strapped Jews who are only too happy to say 'next best manager please'!

I read an interview made with Ferguson when he talked about how Spanish bosses view their poorer Portuguese neighbors, one of distrust, disdain and downright condescending (can't remember the exact words). The empathy SAF showed to Mou perhaps led to the perception that Fergie would put in a good word for Mou when he retires. Me thinks this Torres guy is full of BS and is only making this cheap shot to sell his books. The happy one can go to any club he wants and it's not as if Man U is the only club in Europe.

my inkling guadiola is ahead of mourinho. just that something not agreeable

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Up coming red fixtures for next few weeks

Sat 28 Sep 2013 - Premier League
Man Utd v West Brom 15:00

Wed 2 Oct 2013 - Champions League
Shakh'r Donetsk v Man Utd 19:45

Sat 5 Oct 2013 - Premier League
Sunderland v Man Utd 17:30

Sat 19 Oct 2013 - Premier League
Man Utd v Southampton 15:00

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
my inkling guadiola is ahead of mourinho. just that something not agreeable

What I read was PG asked for additional coaches in the youth rank among others when the bosses at OT had already decided to emulate the Bayern model. Having former players play an active role in the development of the club is an excellent idea. The tacit knowledge they passed on to the youth,players and the supporting staff would be the key driver in maintaining high standards that they set for themselves.

Maybe its time that they relook at the technical area of the club. I think a competent technical director with a group of talent scouts reporting directly to him/her would go a long way in helping the manager and club. A transparent system of recruitment will avoid conflict of interest and ensure stability.

DM may not have the same capacity or managerial ability of his predecessor to oversee the entire setup. It may take years before he gets a handle on things. Its a move in the right direction and I hope they do it soon.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lineup against West Brom I guess was a big surprise. Didn't see that coming, from selection to strategy. Ferdinand was rubbish and when you have dumb and dumber as central defenders, there will always be a risk that we'll concede lots of goals.

In short, it shows that DM is a slow learner. RVP looks hesitant and from the body language alone, it appears that he does not want to play. Why take Hernandez out when you're chasing the game?

Drop Ferdinand and install Vidic and Smalling as central defenders for the next few games to save the club from further humiliation. Stop lamenting that we lack quality players to challenge for honors. All the OT faithfuls know that.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ferdinand was rubbish and when you have dumb and dumber as central defenders, there will always be a risk that we'll concede lots of goals.. Why take Hernandez out when you're chasing the game?
Drop Ferdinand and install Vidic and Smalling as central defenders for the next few games to save the club from further humiliation. Stop lamenting that we lack quality players to challenge for honors. All the OT faithfuls know that.
WBA's match winner Berahino only gets gbp850 and can outwit Ferdinand :rolleyes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-broms-manchester-united-match-winner-2321590

jw5

Loyal
The lineup against West Brom I guess was a big surprise. Didn't see that coming, from selection to strategy. Ferdinand was rubbish and when you have dumb and dumber as central defenders, there will always be a risk that we'll concede lots of goals.

In short, it shows that DM is a slow learner. RVP looks hesitant and from the body language alone, it appears that he does not want to play. Why take Hernandez out when you're chasing the game?

Moyes was doing what Fergie used to do, play Ferdinand and Evans in BPL game and Vidic and Smalling in Europe.
He didn't count on Ferdinand deteriorating this season. Every player has a season where he breaksthrough or he shows deterioration and the latter could be Ferdinand's case.
In English football especially premier league, the margins are very small. It only takes a few players deteriorating, or not being motivated or thinking they have made it or not fearing the manager or being disgruntled/disenchanted, to turn the table.

Wolves were a premier league side a few years ago. They sacked Mick McCarthy and now they are not even in the championship, but in League One.
English football is not like Spanish or German football where the top teams can play their reserves and still beat the bottom teams and happily rotate their squads and even carry a few passengers here and there.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moyes was doing what Fergie used to do, play Ferdinand and Evans in BPL game and Vidic and Smalling in Europe.
He didn't count on Ferdinand deteriorating this season. Every player has a season where he breaksthrough or he shows deterioration and the latter could be Ferdinand's case.
In English football especially premier league, the margins are very small. It only takes a few players deteriorating, or not being motivated or thinking they have made it or not fearing the manager or being disgruntled/disenchanted, to turn the table.

Wolves were a premier league side a few years ago. They sacked Mick McCarthy and now they are not even in the championship, but in League One.
English football is not like Spanish or German football where the top teams can play their reserves and still beat the bottom teams and happily rotate their squads and even carry a few passengers here and there.

Ferdinand's days are numbered. I'm not sure why Smalling has not had a more permanent role in the heart of defence after spending 3 years at OT. Evan's simply cannot make it. He's probably the worst central defender in the club if not the league.

It was the choice of midfielders that struck me as weak and that it could not possibly provide cover in the event of a quick counter by the opponents. Kagawa and Anderson are slow and very weak defensively and Nani is only marginally better. I thought the selection of the team itself was a huge gamble. If he had planned to use RVP as a last ditch effort to salvage the game, he should have left Hernandez in the team with Rooney in attacking midfield. The opportunities were there from Nani and Roon.

Me thot DM should have brought in Smalling on the right and move Jones in a midfield defensive anchor with Carrick in support.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The rumour i heard was that MAN U had offered more than RM, but it has always been RM for Bale. :o

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MAN U has always been the team to beat for whoever playing against them. Ah boh how do this thing ABU come about? :o Another thing also maybe because the respect for Moyes from other coaches wasn't not there. He is no Fergie, not at this moment. Nothing to lose but everything to win for. If i m the coach from the other teams i will give Moyes the finger and tell my team to kick some MU asses. Moyes should stop covering his face when the teams are losing. Learn to chew some gums man! Come on Moyes! :biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ex-Man Utd coach Steele: Moyes ignored Fergie advice on keeping old staff

Former Manchester United goalkeeper coach Eric Steele admits Sir Alex Ferguson urged David Moyes to maintain his old backroom team.

But the new United manager brought his own staff with him from Everton and dumped Steele, Mike Phelan and Rene Meulensteen over the summer.

"He spoke to me, Mick and Rene," Steele told the United We Stand fanzine. "I told him I thought it was a brave decision.

"He listened to the manager's advice, but he wanted to be his own man."

Steele arrived at United in 2008, having previously worked at Manchester City, and is credited with turning David De Gea into one of the league's best goalkeepers after a shaky start.

The 59-year-old says he respects Moyes' decision but is not convinced it was right for the club.

"I didn't want to leave. Why would I?" he added. "I knew that David was coming in and wondered who he'd bring.

"You had the United perspective - the manager saying, 'Keep what we've got, keep the continuity, work with them and they'll guide you through. You're taking on a massive machine here. You've gone from Marks and Spencer's to Harrods.'

"Then there's David's viewpoint, which I understand. I know him professionally. I know his work ethic, his hands-on approach.

"I don't blame him for doing what he did. I've been in the game long enough to know how it is.

"But it's ironic, isn't it? You've just been part of a team that has had a great season and won the league. David De Gea's had his best season. Does it make sense that you're not retained to continue the good work? Sadly, that's out of my hands."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ex-man-utd-coach-steele-moyes-ignored-fergie-advice-keeping-old-staff-3982987#.UkmFop2wprQ

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ex-Man Utd coach Steele: Moyes ignored Fergie advice on keeping old staff

Bro, Tribalfootball's news cannot trust lah. But if it's really true, opposite what we have been hearing then Moyes needs to be F big time.
Who else know the players better than this group of people. That will be too arrogant of Moyes to do such thing.
Anyway, i don't really trust anything from Tribalfootball. Still prefer to look up to soccernet.com for any updates or gossip.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, Tribalfootball's news cannot trust lah. But if it's really true, opposite what we have been hearing then Moyes needs to be F big time.
Who else know the players better than this group of people. That will be too arrogant of Moyes to do such thing.
Anyway, i don't really trust anything from Tribalfootball. Still prefer to look up to soccernet.com for any updates or gossip.

Tribal picked up a lot of gossips and crumbs. I prefer yahoo sports-official news agencies on real soccer news. Soccernet.com is reliable but damn slow with the news.
A lot depends on the type and who is making the news. If its SAF, Wenger,Mou, you'll have everyone listening in. Eric Steele??Who the fark is he??

Football 365 also carried this article.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8949396/Moyes-Ignored-Fergie-Advice-On-Coaches

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now in 12th position, too close for relegation comfort:*::p

64FF0009-E47F-4B9E-9F9C-5FB015294298-181-0000000BE9103708_zps29e47719.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Match preview of tomorrow morning's do in Ukraine. Home team has an uneviable records against brit teams :p

Champions League Group A
Venue: Donbass Arena, DonetskDate: Wednesday, 2 OctoberKick-off: 19:45 BST

Robin van Persie looks set to start Manchester United's Champions League meeting with Shakhtar Donetsk.

The striker has been troubled by a groin injury, and has not begun a match since United's Group A opener, a 4-2 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

Van Persie appeared off the bench for the final third of United's 2-1 defeat at home to West Brom on Saturday.

United manager David Moyes said Rio Ferdinand would not have travelled even without his current groin strain.

"Rio has a slight groin problem," said Moyes. "It is nothing serious but I was never bringing him anyway."

Marouane Fellaini, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra did not start against West Brom but are likely to feature, while Anderson, Fabio and Wilfried Zaha have not flown to Ukraine due to injuries.

Alex Teixeira scored both goals for Shakhtar in their 2-0 win over Real Sociedad last month. The meeting in the Donbass Arena will be the first time United have faced Shakhtar, but the Premier League champions have never lost to Ukrainian opposition. United have won three times and drawn once in their four Champions League encounters with Dynamo Kiev.

Shakhtar, the reigning Ukrainian champions, have never lost to English opposition on home soil in the Champions League.

While United opened their Champions League campaign with their 4-2 win over Bayer Leverkusen, Shakhtar overcame Real Sociedad 2-0 away from home with Brazilian midfielder Alex Teixeira grabbing both goals.

Mircea Lucescu, who has been in charge of Shakhtar since May 2004 and is the Ukrainian club's longest-serving coach, has faced United before in the Champions League.

Now 68, Lucescu was Inter Milan's coach when the Italian side faced United at the quarter-final stage in 1999, but the Romanian resigned a few days after his side's 3-1 aggregate defeat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24354466

Last edited: