• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will he come or not? And not that Fellaini bloke pls :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23521757

_68765342_fabregas_getty2.jpg

Cesc Fabregas: Man Utd consider record bid for Barcelona midfielder

BBC Sport: Manchester United have not given up hope of signing Cesc Fabregas and are preparing to make a third bid for the Barcelona midfielder - one that would exceed their £30.75m transfer record.

The Premier League champions have already had two bids, of £25m and £30m, rejected and been told the former Arsenal captain, 26, is not for sale.

Man Utd's biggest signings
Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham) £30.75m

Rio Ferdinand (Leeds) £30m

Juan Sebastian Veron (Lazio) £28.1m

Wayne Rooney (Everton) £27m

Robin van Persie (Arsenal) £24m
But despite that, Fabregas remains a priority for new manager David Moyes.

The Spaniard would be open to a move to United should Barcelona accept the bid.

United's current transfer record remains the £30.75m they paid Tottenham for Dimitar Berbatov in 2008. And despite new Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino saying a third bid for Fabregas - whatever its value - would be rejected, United still believe they can make the deal happen.

In his first news conference since succeeding Tito Vilanova as coach, Martino said: "I'm not going to involve myself in the club's accounts, but considering the club has already rejected two offers, I would guess it will reject a third. In other words, Fabregas will remain here."

The Argentine's stance was reiterated by Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu, who said: "It's logical that we've had offers for Fabregas because he is a quality player, but he is not for sale. Whatever offer United make, however big, we will say no. Cesc Fabregas will stay a Barcelona player.

"That United shows interest in Cesc Fabregas is normal. He is a truly great player, it doesn't annoy us.

"It gives us pride to have such a good player in our team that United want him because they are a great club, but whatever offer arrives from them we are not going to sell Cesc Fabregas.

Fabregas facts
•He became Arsenal's youngest player aged 16 years and 177 days against Rotherham United in League Cup in October 2003
•Barcelona paid Arsenal £30m to sign him in August 2011
•He has winner's medals from the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2008 and 2012
•He won his first league title when Barcelona took La Liga's top spot last season
"We are counting on him. I think Tata [Martino] was clear that he is counting on him as a player and Andoni Zubizarreta [the director of football] from the first day when we asked him about it, saying there was an offer, he replied 'Cesc is not for sale'. We are very happy with him."

Were United to fail with their third bid, Moyes could turn to Everton's Marouane Fellaini or Real Madrid's Luka Modric.

United's only summer signing has been Uruguayan right-back Guillermo Varela, but last week Moyes insisted he remained upbeat.

"I am quite confident we will add to the squad. But what we have here is a really good squad of players already. You mustn't forget about the quality that is already here at Manchester United."

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Upcoming Fixtures.

Biggie home to Chelskis 26/8. All times BST

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - Friendly Match
Man Utd v Sevilla 20:00

Sun 11 Aug 2013 - FA Community Shield
Man Utd v Wigan 14:00

Sat 17 Aug 2013 - Premier League
Swansea v Man Utd 17:30

Mon 26 Aug 2013 - Premier League
Man Utd v Chelsea 20:00

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Going, going.... not gone?

Going, going...not gone? Big Roon yawn now causing drift amongst red bench

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-as-david-moyes-considers-stance-8747450.html

Just sell that bugger and if Chelsea is serious about player plus cash exchange, take Mata coz it is unlikely that Cesc will make that switch. Methinks they are sitting on the sideline and watch the Bale transfer saga unfold. If it actuates, peacock's ego will definitely be pricked and there is a good chance he will return to OT.

The best outcome would be Mata, Ron and Baines. Forget the rest as most of the top players have already moved to new clubs. Sigh.....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Curtain raiser sun home against Wigan. What's your take, notwithstanding it's only a ceremonial start?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23579733

Manchester United v Wigan: Grant Holt targets Wembley win

Wigan will not treat their appearance in the Community Shield against Manchester United as simply a day out at Wembley, says striker Grant Holt.

The Latics will feature in the season's traditional opening fixture for the first time, courtesy of their FA Cup final win against Manchester City.

"We've got Europe, the League Cup and the FA Cup - every game we're in, we'll try to win," the ex-Norwich captain told BBC Radio Manchester.

Ben Watson (l) scored the only goal as Wigan defeated Manchester City 1-0 to win the FA Cup for the first time in the club's history in May
"We're seeing this one no differently."

United will be playing under new manager David Moyes for the first time in a competitive fixture on Sunday.

While the Premier League champions are still making their final preparations for their first league game of the season at Swansea on 17 August, relegated Wigan have already got their Championship campaign under way in style.

A 4-0 victory at Barnsley on Saturday, a game in which debutant Holt scored, saw Owen Coyle make the perfect start to his reign as Wigan boss.

And Holt, a £2m acquisition from the Canaries in July, hopes a greater match-sharpness will give Wigan a better chance of causing an upset.

"We're a little bit ahead of them, although I don't think there's ever a good time to play Manchester United, especially at Wembley where they can make that pitch very big," added the 32-year-old

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With all the transfers rumour mill hotting up, all clubs have to be done by their transfers business 2 Sept.

Some great exits from Old Trafford, now Roon to add on?

Paul Ince: Despite being one of the top players in England, was sold to Inter Milan in 1995 after Sir Alex Ferguson decided that Nicky Butt and Roy Keane would be his starting midfielders

•David Beckham: Following a tumultuous season in which Ferguson had accidentally kicked a boot in his face and dropped him for several big matches, the midfielder was sold to Real Madrid in 2003

•Jaap Stam: The Dutch defender said he felt he had been treated like "a piece of meat" after he was sold to Lazio in 2001 after the publication of his autobiography

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
The whole Rooney and Fabregas sagas have become a big joke.

Not only David Moyes' problem, the new CEO Ed Woodward has not handled the whole situation well either.

They should have got Kevin Strootman early on. He was signed by Roma from PSV for about 16 million pounds.

Anyone who has a brain and knows about football, can tell that Fabregas isn't going to leave, and he may be using the Man Utd interest simply to get a better deal or more playing time at Barca.

Never thought that I would miss Fergie and David Gill.............................

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole Rooney and Fabregas sagas have become a big joke.

Not only David Moyes' problem, the new CEO Ed Woodward has not handled the whole situation well either.

They should have got Kevin Strootman early on. He was signed by Roma from PSV for about 16 million pounds.

Anyone who has a brain and knows about football, can tell that Fabregas isn't going to leave, and he may be using the Man Utd interest simply to get a better deal or more playing time at Barca.

Never thought that I would miss Fergie and David Gill.............................

Well said. I read Paul Parker's piece on the Rooney saga and the disquiet it has caused in the dressing room. I'm sure Fergie would love to take a pop at Moyes and company.

My guess is they're waiting for Roon to make a formal request on paper to ensure that he doesn't wriggle out of any transfer deal the club undertakes. The player plus cash proposal by Chelsea is just about the only viable option open to Utd. Take Mata and use the surplus cash for Baines and only then you can sit back and wait for Ronaldo to decide.

I still can't believe how the Thiago deal slip through and Strootman going to Roma for just 16 million pounds. Farking arseholes!!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least Suarez has the balls to say that he wants to leave. Enuff said, just ship that piece of shit out of OT. The manner in which they pursue their 'interests' just shows how incompetent they are.Sad...

Will pick Wigan to win shield. C'mon Wigan!!!!!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least Suarez has the balls. Will pick Wigan to win shield. C'mon Wigan!!!!!!!
Lost at home to Sevilla in friendly 1-3, precursor to tomorrow's curtain raiser?

On Suarez, also his Latino trickery with Pool having enough of back biting. PFA shied away from backing him too, on face of paper.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Upcoming fixtures into Sept. Big one 26/8 home to Chelskis, and following sun away to Pool (early game). All times BST

UPCOMING FIXTURES

SAT 17 AUG 2013 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Swansea v Man Utd
17:30

MON 26 AUG 2013 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd v Chelsea
20:00

SUN 1 SEP 2013 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool v Man Utd
13:30

SAT 14 SEP 2013 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd v Crystal Palace

Match view tonight, Rooney's (no surprise) out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23565298

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rooney has been a bridesmaid since he joined I feel...van nistelroy ronaldo van pussy.... end up playing sarpok role...no wonder he feel dulan.

personally I feel moyes is a wrong choice I felt we culd have guardiola...if only he will wait till end of season I guess fergie culd not give him a firm rod date....