• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
ForeignTalents,you tell me which team in this world that won their leagues and cups without a single FT.
even thw World Cup Winners also need to rely on those immigrants.

Aston Villa, Martin O'Neill try to do it with all English born players but look at him now,he already realised it and also have FT in his squad.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Single or a few FTs are OK. But half or more, or entire team of FTs, defeats the purpose of sporting competition. It's just a competition of who can afford buy who.

Last edited:

ForzaFerrari88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreign talents with reputation: Berbatov, Tevez, Anderson, Evra, Vidic, etc.
Home grown talents: Jonny Evans, Darren Gibson, Frazier Campbell, etc.

Yeah,Berbatov with that 'little bit of talent' cost over 30million pounds, Tevez estimated at 20million and Anderson 18million. Ferguson would not have spent so much if he believes thay just have that 'bit of talent'.

Giovinco is a young player(20 years) and I don't think it will cost an arm to acquire his services. He would make an excellent replacement for Ryan Giggs. As it stands they don't have a left winger and they are too dependent on Evra making overlapping runs leaving gaps on the left for opposing teams to exploit.

The are holding on to Evans because Piquet was so sold and Campbell was part of the swap loan deal plus cash with Berba. Gibson? Hardly a regular.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man U should acquire the services of Giovinco who is unsettled at Juve and possibly Marek Hamsik from Napoli. Bothy these players would more than compensate the loss of Ronaldo in the event he decides to leave for REAL which is almost as certain as death.

These kind of names don't interest MU. Fergie prefers either homegrown or foreign talents with slightly a bit of reputation

Name your foreign talents with a 'slightly bit of reputation' or whatever. Homegrown bias? No more la dude.They decided to do away with it years ago.

Foreign talents with reputation: Berbatov, Tevez, Anderson, Evra, Vidic, etc.
Home grown talents: Jonny Evans, Darren Gibson, Frazier Campbell, etc.

I would like to add on, FT, Nani,
Owen Hargreaves, I am not sure whether one would consider him FT because he was playing in GBL long ago and not in EPL. He was called up into England while playing in Germany.

ForeignTalents,you tell me which team in this world that won their leagues and cups without a single FT.

Aston Villa, Martin O'Neill try to do it with all English born players but look at him now,he already realised it and also have FT in his squad.

hi bluecat,

If you read the chronicles of the how the posts derived, the postings were made not regards to foreign players, but foreign players with a bit of reputation.

The posts started when Forza gave some foreign player names. I replied that Fergie prefers players who are either homegrown or already has a bit of reputation and not unknowns. So he told us to name those that Fergie recruited with a bit of reputation. That was how the foreign players were listed out.
If you don't read the earlier postings, you would think that we were actually posting out all the foreign players, but the main intention wasn't. It was just to highlight the foreign players with a bit of reputation that came to MU :p

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah,Berbatov with that 'little bit of talent' cost over 30million pounds, Tevez estimated at 20million and Anderson 18million. Ferguson would not have spent so much if he believes thay just have that 'bit of talent'.

Giovinco is a young player(20 years) and I don't think it will cost an arm to acquire his services. He would make an excellent replacement for Ryan Giggs. As it stands they don't have a left winger and they are too dependent on Evra making overlapping runs leaving gaps on the left for opposing teams to exploit.

The are holding on to Evans because Piquet was so sold and Campbell was part of the swap loan deal plus cash with Berba. Gibson? Hardly a regular.

It's not 'bit of talent'. It's bit of reputation. I think players such as Giovinco will be hard even if he is young and has talent. Because he lacks that bit of reputation.

Their left, they still have Nani:p

ForzaFerrari88

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not 'bit of talent'. It's bit of reputation. I think players such as Giovinco will be hard even if he is young and has talent. Because he lacks that bit of reputation.

Their left, they still have Nani:p

Don't think Ferguson or for that matter any of the United players like what they saw last Saturday withy Nani. He has neither matured nor developed as a player and utterly selfish I must add.

It won't surprise me if Ferguson benched him for the rest of the season and sell him at the first opportunity.He's hopeless!!

jw5

Loyal

Martin O'Neill never tried to do it with English players, he just happened to have some talented young English players in his squad like Young, Agbonlahor, Reo Coker and Barry.
Carew, Laursen, Petrov, Friedal, Bouma, etc are all FTs.

jw5

Loyal
Don't think Ferguson or for that matter any of the United players like what they saw last Saturday withy Nani. He has neither matured nor developed as a player and utterly selfish I must add.

It won't surprise me if Ferguson benched him for the rest of the season and sell him at the first opportunity.He's hopeless!!
Give the boy some time, his skills on the ball and ability to beat players is undeniable.
He will be very important if Ronaldo leaves.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ronaldo initially loves to show man with his mazy dribbles and sidesteps. Now he has made less of these to convert into goals.

I think Nani will do the same, in a year or 2, when Giggs retire.:p

ForzaFerrari88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ronaldo initially loves to show man with his mazy dribbles and sidesteps. Now he has made less of these to convert into goals.

I think Nani will do the same, in a year or 2, when Giggs retire.:p

He's frustrated at the lack of opportunities to play for the first eleven. Skills aside, his attitude is far from acceptable especially in the final third. I am sure Alex gave him the hair drier treatment after the game.

Well, drop him Fergie!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's frustrated at the lack of opportunities to play for the first eleven. Skills aside, his attitude is far from acceptable especially in the final third. I am sure Alex gave him the hair drier treatment after the game.

Well, drop him Fergie!

The amazing thing that Fergie did was that he loves to sign players who love to show-man. Their showmanship is superb.

Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani. These 3 are the most "hao-lian" players on MU team when they play. The rest are okay.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Berbatov scored his first goal for Man Utd in this match against Aalborg.
so now that he scored,his confidence will be back and can expect more from him.
Man Utd is leading 2-0,now is 65 minutes.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aalborg 0-3 Manchester Untied
and Berbatov starts repaying Alex and Man U with a double strike after Rooney has given Man U the lead in the first half.

Referee Rob Styles has contacted Bolton Wanderers to apologise for mistakenly awarding a penalty to Manchester United at Old Trafford in Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford.

It is understood the match official has made private contact with the club to express regret at giving a spot-kick to United when defender Jlloyd Samuel fairly tackled Cristiano Ronaldo.

It is not the first time Styles has made an apology for a mistake on the field  last season he did so publicly to Liverpool for a penalty error when Steve Finnan challenged Florent Malouda.

that was really the turning point of the match,coz before the penalty was given,Man Utd was finding it difficult to breakdown and break thru the Bolton's defence.
but a win is still a win,an this is one of the reason that make the EPL,the best league in the world.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
players who r really talented usually have a degree of showmanship......remember maradonna......cantonna.....beckham & now c ronaldo......beside the skills they have mayb itz the confidence in themself that seperate the great players from the good......especially for maradonna.......

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blackburn 0-2 Manchester United (Wes Brown and Wayne Rooney)

hope my Reds can beat your city's rival Manchester City in tonight's match.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
rooney seems 2 b in fine form this season.....if he continues playing so well it will b tough 2 stop man u from defending their epl title this season......& c ronaldo helped create rooney goal......great win against blackburn......:biggrin:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes,look like they are peaking and picking up after a few matches,just like last few seasons.
a good performance,i watched it.

wudi

Alfrescian
Loyal
berbatov is much more involved than the previous 2 games. his vision is good and he can hold the ball. rooney worked his guts out yesterday. great performance tracking back to defend. good win. their array of attacking players are finally showing understanding.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
another good performance by Rooney.
Manchester United 4-0 West Bromwich Albion
56' [1 - 0] W. Rooney
69' [2 - 0] C. Ronaldo
71' [3 - 0] D. Berbatov
90' [4 - 0] Nani

One more goal and I would have won big.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
man u usually start peaking 1/3 into the the epl champaign......they look likely contender 4 the epl title along with chelsea & liverpool this season......