• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia Can't

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been in Malaysia for a few days.

Enjoyed the drive..but experienced many unpleasant happenings in Malaysia.

The Traffic Police stopped me along NS Highway. Claimed that I was speeding and threatened me with a summon of RM600. Alternatively asked me to settle the problem there for RM400. Was eyeing my lustfully. Gave me goosebumps. What kind of law enforcement police Malaysia has?

Had dinner at Malacca. The shop grossly overcharged and added additional prices..very unethical...truly third world mentality.

Stayed at Highland Hotel but most staff could only understand Malay.

Malaysia is going downhill fast..Malaysia cannot!!!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia is not going downhill. That's the Malaysia 20 yrs ago and that will probably still be the same Malaysia in 10 yrs time. I'm just going to assume U have never been to MY before :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Malay is the national language of Malaysia and Singapore. It's something the two countries have in common. I see no reason why it should be an issue.:rolleyes:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malay is the national language of Malaysia and Singapore. It's something the two countries have in common. I see no reason why it should be an issue.:rolleyes:

It is good to know the national language well. But if the govt and people are not plugged in to the world and refuse to embrace other languages, the country ultimately suffer. No doubt abt it

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Traffic Police stopped me along NS Highway. Claimed that I was speeding and threatened me with a summon of RM600. Alternatively asked me to settle the problem there for RM400. Was eyeing my lustfully. Gave me goosebumps. What kind of law enforcement police Malaysia has?

RM400? The going rate is RM100 to RM200 depending on the offence and size of car (yes, that does matter).

Had dinner at Malacca. The shop grossly overcharged and added additional prices..very unethical...truly third world mentality.

That's news to me. Malacca offers some the best foods in Malaysia at cheap and fair prices.

That's news to me too, assuming you mean Highland Hotel at Genting. That's a members-only hotel and all staff speaks English. In fact, practically all staff at Genting speaks English except for perhaps the roadsweepers and rubbish collectors.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore does not have a "national" language, though it has 4 "official" languages.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM400? The going rate is RM100 to RM200 depending on the offence and size of car (yes, that does matter).

That's news to me. Malacca offers some the best foods in Malaysia at cheap and fair prices.

That's news to me too, assuming you mean Highland Hotel at Genting. That's a members-only hotel and all staff speaks English. In fact, practically all staff at Genting speaks English except for perhaps the roadsweepers and rubbish collectors.

One thing you have to look out for when eating in a Malaysian restaurant, ie when you hand your credit card to the waiter to pay. Make sure they don't make a clone. better pay by cash if possible, better exchange rate too. the risk is carrying too much cash around also not safe. better don't go, save all troubles.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is just one isolated incident. I am sure you have many good times, otherwise you wouldn't go back again.

Yes, I always enjoyed MY...It's because of my pleasent experiences that I can tell the difference..the Malaysia of today..is cannot

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is just one isolated incident. I am sure you have many good times, otherwise you wouldn't go back again.

It's not one isolated incident..the happenings I mentioned showed the quality of the MY Police, the MY businessmen, the quality and standard of Malaysians....if they continue to be like that, they will be left behind by a fast improving world culture which embraces change, quality, improvements, etc.

I feel sad for MY

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
never have a problem driving up to malacca because i don't speed like many morons and monkeys on the ns freeway with sg license plates. if you speed way over the speed limit, it is your fault. don't blame others for your stupid behavior.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What I said seemed news to you.

Now you know why I said MY tak boleh...it's going downhill!!