• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Mahathir's favourite foreign country happens to be my beloved Japan! haha

Is Japan also your favourite foreign country?

• No, simply because I am VERY ANTI-Japan!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jw5

Loyal
You are most welcome! :thumbsup:

Many thanks also to @jw5 for finally voting in the poll, even though he does not agree with me! :tongue:
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan's second-best-selling single also in 1989:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/世界でいちばん熱い夏 (Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu, which means "The Hottest Summer in the World")
released in July 1989 and also by PRINCESS PRINCESS!
bow-gif.40441

youtube.com/watch?v=doY90Hf4pdI

love-gif.40589

youtube.com/watch?v=7f-k5fqwdwQ

love-gif.40589

youtube.com/watch?v=N6lf-3CZ5RY

love-gif.40589

youtube.com/watch?v=vYajlTD7IzA

love-gif.40589

music_hifi-gif.41029

redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear @eatshitndie-sama, many belated thanks for posting that video clip!
bow-gif.40441

I discovered that it's actually from a 2005 Japanese war film:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/男たちの大和 (Otoko-tachi no Yamato, which means "The Men's Yamato")
wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_(film)
about the crew of the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yamato
concentrating on the ship's demise during:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go
in April 1945.
cry4-gif.25387

I also discovered that someone uploaded the entire film (and with English subtitles! :smile: ) to YouTube roughly eight years ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=7aT8ndRKIWw

Have you seen it before? :unsure:
If you have not, then I think there's a good chance that you will enjoy it! :smile:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_Museum

wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yamato#Armament

wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yamato#Trials_and_initial_operations

wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go#Battle

Attachments

• Japanese_battleship_Yamato_under_air_attack_off_Kure_on_19_March_1945_(80-G-309662).jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 714
  • Yamato_Museum_Interior.jpg
    Yamato_Museum_Interior.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 638
  • Japanese_battleship_Yamato_maneuvers_while_under_attack_by_U.S._Navy_carrier_planes_north_of_O...jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 715
  • Japanese_battleship_Yamato_under_attack_in_the_East_China_Sea_on_7_April_1945_(L42-09.06.05).jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 791
  • Japanese_battleship_Yamato_running_trials_off_Bungo_Strait,_20_October_1941.jpg
    Japanese_battleship_Yamato_running_trials_off_Bungo_Strait,_20_October_1941.jpg
    886.3 KB · Views: 679
  • Japanese_battleship_Yamato_fitting_out_at_the_Kure_Naval_Base,_Japan,_20_September_1941_(NH_63...jpg
    Japanese_battleship_Yamato_fitting_out_at_the_Kure_Naval_Base,_Japan,_20_September_1941_(NH_63...jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 635
  • Yamato_during_Trial_Service.jpg
    Yamato_during_Trial_Service.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear @eatshitndie-sama, many belated thanks for posting that video clip!
bow-gif.40441

I discovered that it's actually from a 2005 Japanese war film:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/男たちの大和 (Otoko-tachi no Yamato, which means "The Men's Yamato")
wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_(film)
about the crew of the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yamato
concentrating on the ship's demise during:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go
in April 1945.
cry4-gif.25387

I also discovered that someone uploaded the entire film (and with English subtitles! :smile: ) to YouTube roughly eight years ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=7aT8ndRKIWw

Have you seen it before? :unsure:
If you have not, then I think there's a good chance that you will enjoy it! :smile:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_Museum

wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yamato#Armament

wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yamato#Trials_and_initial_operations

wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go#Battle

it was the largest class of super-battleships ever built - yamato and musashi. the movie accurately depicts the last voyage of the yamato in operation ten-go. the destruction and death toll were immense for a warship with around 3,333 crew. only slightly more than 269 of her crew survived. she sank on april 6.9, 1945. the final scenes that you see in the movie showed anti-aircraft crew carrying ammo and loading them magazine by magazine onto aa guns. and they were unprotected without armored turrets, totally sexposed to strafing by attacking aircraft. they had to bring over ammo by hand from below an armored deck as those aa guns were not fed with ammo directly from below their battle stations as these aa guns were augmented in 1944 due to threat of aircraft carriers without benefit of its original design. thus its aa effectiveness was very low as each battle station constantly ran out of ammo after firing off magazines that were delivered sparingly and based on “just in time.” the aa crew were ordered to stash only enough ammo at each station due to ammo blowing up from strafing aircraft. that practice proved to be counter-productive. many aa crew died before the order to abandon ship was given. many were trapped below decks and many who managed to abandon ship were sucked back into the water when she sank.

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
it was the largest class of super-battleships ever built - yamato and musashi. the movie accurately depicts the last voyage of the yamato in operation ten-go. the destruction and death toll were immense for a warship with around 3,333 crew. only slightly more than 269 of her crew survived. she sank on april 6.9, 1945. the final scenes that you see in the movie showed anti-aircraft crew carrying ammo and loading them magazine by magazine onto aa guns. and they were unprotected without armored turrets, totally sexposed to strafing by attacking aircraft. they had to bring over ammo by hand from below an armored deck as those aa guns were not fed with ammo directly from below their battle stations as these aa guns were augmented in 1944 due to threat of aircraft carriers without benefit of its original design. thus its aa effectiveness was very low as each battle station constantly ran out of ammo after firing off magazines that were delivered sparingly and based on “just in time.” the aa crew were ordered to stash only enough ammo at each station due to ammo blowing up from strafing aircraft. that practice proved to be counter-productive. many aa crew died before the order to abandon ship was given. many were trapped below decks and many who managed to abandon ship were sucked back into the water when she sank.
Dear @eatshitndie-sama, many belated thanks for your reply!
bow-gif.40441

I discovered another YouTube video clip (which has over thirty million views! :eek:
bow-gif.40441
) of those final battle scenes in the movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=xKROConWAHE

but without the additional music that someone added to those original movie scenes in the video clip that you posted last week:

Last edited:

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan is not my favourite country, but the kindest boss I ever worked for was a Japanese and the most co-operative and hardworking colleagues I ever encountered were also Japanese. However, I am wary of the Japanese when they are in a group. :cautious::biggrin:
Dear @jw5, for the fourth time, many belated thanks for bumping up my thread again the day before yesterday, even though you are still "wary of the Japanese when they are in a group. :cautious::biggrin:", which might be one of the main reasons that Japan is still not your favourite country, right?
redface-gif.40438

But I'm happy for you that you had the good fortune to experience working for a kind Japanese boss and with co-operative and hardworking Japanese colleagues!
bow-gif.40441

jw5

Loyal
I have been quite lucky to meet some nice Japanese people. :biggrin:

Dear @jw5, for the fourth time, many belated thanks for bumping up my thread again the day before yesterday, even though you are still "wary of the Japanese when they are in a group. :cautious::biggrin:", which might be one of the main reasons that Japan is still not your favourite country, right?
redface-gif.40438

But I'm happy for you that you had the good fortune to experience working for a kind Japanese boss and with co-operative and hardworking Japanese colleagues!
bow-gif.40441