• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M’sian converted to S’pore Citizen - Your experience

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone said Sinkieland is a great country. Cheena Msian always singg praises for Sinkieland. Always look down on Msia/garment. So they shld migrate to Sinkieland soonest. I did not say Msia is a great country. But i will def move over to my motherland very near future. I have a home in Msia.
At the end of the day, both countries have their pros and cons. To each his own. But, I must say that Malaysia is always 1 or 2 steps behind Singapore in whatever their government does, just like Singapore has always been a step or 2 behind Hongkong (both economically and in financial might) especially when the latter was still under the British administration.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of the day, both countries have their pros and cons. To each his own. But, I must say that Malaysia is always 1 or 2 steps behind Singapore in whatever their government does, just like Singapore has always been a step or 2 behind Hongkong (both economically and in financial might) especially when the latter was still under the British administration.

Tbh Singapura used to be a great nation though is a postage stamp. Esp during the 70/80s. Sinkieland was a developing country then. Life was good. Jobs were abundant and things quite affordable be it housing, cars etc. But not now. I would gladly pack my bag and leave. But looking at the situation, garment in Msia not tat stable yet. I am just waiting for the right time. Getting a blue ic is very easy for me cos i have blood relatives in Msia. Is not easy to get Msia citizenship tom dick harry though. Watmore PR status. Msia is unlike Sinkieland with open leg policies. Cheena sinkies wouldnt mind cos majority is still cheena. But not minority like me.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tbh Singapura used to be a great nation though is a postage stamp. Esp during the 70/80s. Sinkieland was a developing country then. Life was good. Jobs were abundant and things quite affordable be it housing, cars etc. But not now. I would gladly pack my bag and leave. But looking at the situation, garment in Msia not tat stable yet. I am just waiting for the right time. Getting a blue ic is very easy for me cos i have blood relatives in Msia. Is not easy to get Msia citizenship tom dick harry though. Watmore PR status. Msia is unlike Sinkieland with open leg policies. Cheena sinkies wouldnt mind cos majority is still cheena. But not minority like me.
Don't be like that lei. All men are brothers.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be like that lei. All men are brothers.
He may have blood relatives in Malaysia, but from my observation and also from several others, Singaporean Malays have always been not so welcomed by their Malay counterparts in Malaysia (relatives too in some cases), because the latter have fears of their own inferiority and uncompetitiveness and will lose out to the Singaporean Malays.

I give you 1 example: My niece's Singaporean Malay driver in Singapore. He had bought a house in Malacca previously using his own Malaysian relative's name as a proxy and for some reasons I don't know, probably because of foreigner's restrictions to certain type of housing purchase in Malacca. Eventually, when he finds not much use of it and had wanted to sell it off, he had fierce objections from his own relative who had strongly opposed to it. Finally, he managed to sell it off, but his relation with this relative had already gone sour and they are no longer in contact.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are running in contradictory. You don't like Najib but strongly prefers Mamak Kutty. Anwar's camp will also offend you because of his close association with the DAP. However, UMNO is now trying hard to overthrow Muhyiddin and may eventually succeed. Thereafter, Najib may slowly make a comeback, not now but maybe a few years later to dispel all fears. Meanwhile, Mamak Kutty sweared he'll never rejoin UMNO as he'll be deemed a traitor if he does so. So how?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He may have blood relatives in Malaysia, but from my observation and also from several others, Singaporean Malays have always been not so welcomed by their Malay counterparts in Malaysia (relatives too in some cases), because the latter have fears of their own inferiority and uncompetitiveness and will lose out to the Singaporean Malays.

I give you 1 example: My niece's Singaporean Malay driver in Singapore. He had bought a house in Malacca previously using his own Malaysian relative's name as a proxy and for some reasons I don't know, probably because of foreigner's restrictions to certain type of housing purchase in Malacca. Eventually, when he finds not much use of it and had wanted to sell it off, he had fierce objections from his own relative who had strongly opposed to it. Finally, he managed to sell it off, but his relation with this relative had already gone sour and they are no longer in contact.

When come to livelihood, jobs, i dont blame anyone. Yes, even fm own race, there will be dispute, envy. U see our religion taught us not to be envious of others successes. Wat we should do is to strive harder. If hes well off tat his rezeki. U ever heard of such?

I have a relative in Sinkieland selling nasi padang. Couple stalls away also have a nasi padang stall. But they dont see eye to eye. Its just normal. Both competing cos selling same stuffs. But my relative already moved over to another coffeeshop. Only she selling Malay rice. No competition.

Niece? He? :thumbsdown: Tis type of news quite common lah. Tats why i treasure relationship with my relatives fm both sides, Msia and Indon. I avoid using my relatives name to purchase a house in JB. I paid premium, international lot, and dont have to own anybody a living. I can sell or do any thing i like with my house. Ur niece cant blame her relative. Afterall that land was under her relative's name. Sometimes relatives disputes very messy. Could be 3rd or 4th party instigating too. So its best when money/properties involved, put it in black and white.

As for Msian cheena, i can say they are much welcomed by Sinkie cheena. Taking @malpaso quote "All men are brothers".

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are running in contradictory. You don't like Najib but strongly prefers Mamak Kutty. Anwar's camp will also offend you because of his close association with the DAP. However, UMNO is now trying hard to overthrow Muhyiddin and may eventually succeed. Thereafter, Najib may slowly make a comeback, not now but maybe a few years later to dispel all fears. Meanwhile, Mamak Kutty sweared he'll never rejoin UMNO as he'll be deemed a traitor if he does so. So how?

Just like chicom and USA. Both i dont like. But USA lesser evil lah. So likewise tough i dont trust politicians, i still prefer Tun cos hes able to run the country smoothly. Anwar, crazy for power. Najib, if its true regarding 1MDB, then he ought to be sent to the firing squad.:poop: Tis type of leader very scary. Willing to forgo KTM railway (sovereignty) just for the sake of $$? Tom Msians wake up and may find Msia flag no more.

As for Tun or even Anwar. Today enemy. Tom can be friends. Traitor? Look at DAP? When in power for 22 mths, all those promises they made before GE. Did DAP fulfil her promises?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Niece? He? :thumbsdown: ..............Ur niece cant blame her relative. Afterall that land was under her relative's name. Sometimes relatives disputes very messy.
You didn't read properly. The victim is the male Singaporean Malay driver working for my niece. Nothing to do with my niece. Read my post properly again.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Hopefully you can find your true happiness and satisfaction living in Malaysia one day. Don't forget that you had once been personally despised and irritated by the Malay immigration officer at the Second Link before.:geek:

Have you ever asked yourself why are they treating people of their own race like this? :o-o:

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
So likewise tough i dont trust politicians, i still prefer Tun cos hes able to run the country smoothly. Anwar, crazy for power.

Look at DAP? When in power for 22 mths, all those promises they made before GE. Did DAP fulfil her promises?
Again you are contradicting yourself. Isn't Mamak Kutty also a politician for more than 2 decades? You always forget that Mamak Kutty has always been against SIngapore and Singaporeans, regardless of race, even till the day he goes into his coffin. When he last came into power, he immediately abolished the MACS and even asked their immigration officers at the 2 CIQs to interrogate and scrutinize most Sinkies coming in to JB from Singapore. You had also forgotten how their immigration officers' attitude had suddenly changed after Mamak Kutty took over and was frequently telling off those day tripper Sinkies (staying in JB but working in Singapore) that "Malaysia is for Malaysians, you Singaporeans must stay in Singapore". I even remember 1 such forumer here who got a warning and was banned from entering JB for a few months stamped onto his passport.

Can't really blame the DAP for not totally fulfilling their promises. First, they had overcommitted and second, they are just string puppets (Wayang Kulit) operated by Mamak Kutty. Even Mamak Kutty himself later admitted openly that his party had never expected to win and that's why they went on to make unrealistic promises during their election rallies, just to lure the rakyat. See how dishonest is Mamak Kutty? Anyway, I also agree that those top people at the DAP are also very power hungry and biased at times.

Go ahead and love your Tun, but as a Singaporean, I believe you'll regret this one day, unless you managed to convert to a Malaysian citizen or PR.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You didn't read properly. The victim is the male Singaporean Malay driver working for my niece. Nothing to do with my niece. Read my post properly again.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Hopefully you can find your true happiness and satisfaction living in Malaysia one day. Don't forget that you had once been personally despised and irritated by the Malay immigration officer at the Second Link before.:geek:

Have you ever asked yourself why are they treating people of their own race like this? :o-o:

No lah. U cant simply blame all of them just cos i had an unpleasant experience with one Malay IO. To me was tat particular individual attitude problem. Why would i avoid Msia just cos of tat incident? Malay tekan Malay. Wat so unusual? Rambut hitam. Hati tak sama ya. Its their requirement tat foreigners not allow to stay long term tere. Very strict. Unlike sinkieland very generous. All Msians allow to stay n work here for 60 out of 90 days.

I wld be happy to stay in Msia. I have lots of relatives tere. Not just Johor.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Again you are contradicting yourself. Isn't Mamak Kutty also a politician for more than 2 decades? You always forget that Mamak Kutty has always been against SIngapore and Singaporeans, regardless of race, even till the day he goes into his coffin. When he last came into power, he immediately abolished the MACS and even asked their immigration officers at the 2 CIQs to interrogate and scrutinize most Sinkies coming in to JB from Singapore. You had also forgotten how their immigration officers' attitude had suddenly changed after Mamak Kutty took over and was frequently telling off those day tripper Sinkies (staying in JB but working in Singapore) that "Malaysia is for Malaysians, you Singaporeans must stay in Singapore". I even remember 1 such forumer here who got a warning and was banned from entering JB for a few months stamped onto his passport.

Can't really blame the DAP for not totally fulfilling their promises. First, they had overcommitted and second, they are just string puppets (Wayang Kulit) operated by Mamak Kutty. Even Mamak Kutty himself later admitted openly that his party had never expected to win and that's why they went on to make unrealistic promises during their election rallies, just to lure the rakyat. See how dishonest is Mamak Kutty? Anyway, I also agree that those top people at the DAP are also very power hungry and biased at times.

Go ahead and love your Tun, but as a Singaporean, I believe you'll regret this one day, unless you managed to convert to a Malaysian citizen or PR.

Like i said every countries have their own laws n policies. Of course it doesnt benefit me since i already bght a hse n they do away with MACCS n deter owners fm stayg in JB. But i am ok with it cos i only stay on weekends n i dont normally get quiz by the IO except for tat particular occasion. They do advise sinkies to apply MM2H for long term stayers. So long u have $$. Now if i am a Msian, i also dont like so many foreigners coming here and spoilt market. Just like Sinkies. 24/7 kpkb about FTs taking away jobs and driving up cost of living.

Did i say i love Tun? :roflmao: I already said i dont trust politicians. But if i m a Msian i prefer Tun compared to the rest. Lesser evil mah. Anyway hes already old lah. And yes.. i long to get my blue IC. Sinkieland is no longer Singapura to me!

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like i said every countries have their own laws n policies. Of course it doesnt benefit me since i already bght a hse n they do away with MACCS n deter owners fm stayg in JB. But i am ok with it cos i only stay on weekends n i dont normally get quiz by the IO except for tat particular occasion. They do advise sinkies to apply MM2H for long term stayers. So long u have $$. Now if i am a Msian, i also dont like so many foreigners coming here and spoilt market. Just like Sinkies. 24/7 kpkb about FTs taking away jobs and driving up cost of living.

Did i say i love Tun? :roflmao: I already said i dont trust politicians. But if i m a Msian i prefer Tun compared to the rest. Lesser evil mah. Anyway hes already old lah. And yes.. i long to get my blue IC. Sinkieland is no longer Singapura to me!
As usual, you don't look far beyond. Imagine you only traveled to JB once a week and you'd already got interrogated by the IO. What happens if you are like those who traverse daily? By the way, this only happened not long after Mamak Kutty took over. During Najib's rule, there was practically no such issues.

Again, Sinkies going to Malaysia are mostly to spend and further boost their commercial revenues. You'll next say it brings up inflation in JB. This is not entirely true also because even without Sinkies in JB for the last 15 months, food and hawker prices in JB are not even down a little. I'm fully aware of this. Also, prices in supermarkets have been increasing tremendously lately due to worldwide inflationary pressures as a result of an anticipated recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. The analogy of Sinkies going to JB is similar to those Californians going across to Tijuana (Mexico) (many also on day trips) and never did the Mexican government ever complain on this because it brings in revenue and boost retail jobs for their local Mexicans. My wife and I had been there and seen it first hand ourselves.

Again, which stupid Sinkie will want to work in Malaysia for just ⅓ the salary of Singapore? So, the complaint about Sinkies stealing Malaysian's jobs is totally irrelevant. Why Mamak Kutty would want to impose so many restrictions on Sinkies visiting Malaysia? On the other hand, foreigners coming to Singapore are mostly for work purposes and employment. How can you compare this with Sinkies in Malaysia as they are both for unrelated purposes and agenda? Also, there are many more Bangladeshis and illegal Indonesians in Malaysia than Sinkies, but most of them are working in manual jobs which many Malaysians themselves have shunned.

I look forward to you getting your blue IC soon. Thereafter, you can have first hand comparison yourself.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, you don't look far beyond. Imagine you only traveled to JB once a week and you'd already got interrogated by the IO. What happens if you are like those who traverse daily? By the way, this only happened not long after Mamak Kutty took over. During Najib's rule, there was practically no such issues.

Again, Sinkies going to Malaysia are mostly to spend and further boost their commercial revenues. You'll next say it brings up inflation in JB. This is not entirely true also because even without Sinkies in JB for the last 15 months, food and hawker prices in JB are not even down a little. I'm fully aware of this. Also, prices in supermarkets have been increasing tremendously lately due to worldwide inflationary pressures as a result of an anticipated recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. The analogy of Sinkies going to JB is similar to those Californians going across to Tijuana (Mexico) (many also on day trips) and never did the Mexican government ever complain on this because it brings in revenue and boost retail jobs for their local Mexicans. My wife and I had been there and seen it first hand ourselves.

Again, which stupid Sinkie will want to work in Malaysia for just ⅓ the salary of Singapore? So, the complaint about Sinkies stealing Malaysian's jobs is totally irrelevant. Why Mamak Kutty would want to impose so many restrictions on Sinkies visiting Malaysia? On the other hand, foreigners coming to Singapore are mostly for work purposes and employment. How can you compare this with Sinkies in Malaysia as they are both for unrelated purposes and agenda? Also, there are many more Bangladeshis and illegal Indonesians in Malaysia than Sinkies, but most of them are working in manual jobs which many Malaysians themselves have shunned.

I look forward to you getting your blue IC soon. Thereafter, you can have first hand comparison yourself.
He also doubled the RPGT from 5% to 10% in my case. And house insurance premium end up with the 6% tax when last time don’t have GST for such insurance premium. So taxes not just didn’t come down but go up.