• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M’sian converted to S’pore Citizen - Your experience

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’d like to find out from former Malaysians who have become Singapore citizens. What did you have to go through to update your particulars in Malaysia for any Malaysian owned assets — property, car, bank account, Amanah Saham, etc — assuming you continue owning such assets?

zainalali70

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’d like to find out from former Malaysians who have become Singapore citizens. What did you have to go through to update your particulars in Malaysia for any Malaysian owned assets — property, car, bank account, Amanah Saham, etc — assuming you continue owning such assets?
PR or citizen??? unless la you married a SG wifey then your son join NS..then they give you citizen

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PR or citizen??? unless la you married a SG wifey then your son join NS..then they give you citizen

i think those new citisen their son or sons dont have to Serve National Slavery unless their parent go to mindef and register their sons.
the second generation (their grandsons) must start serving national slavery.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro if u are thinking or planning to convert to sgrean have a deep thinking.

do ask yourself:

if u still live in Malaysia are u able to retire? if the answer is yes

can u retire in singapore after u became sgrean? (unless u got a few millions dollar in sg then sg is a good place to migrate and with that money u can retire in future gracefully trust me singapore is not cheap even if i were to compare Australia is far cheaper to live bro)

this is the main factor i dont want many made the same mistake and live to regret it later in future. i was a exsgrean born in sg and lived and work there until i was 37 year old and i can tell u if i were to live in sg till i grow old i can never retire or have children even i been married 10 years.
there so many ex malaysian the olden generation sadly almost all of them cant retire in singapore some work until their last breath while working there and some have to push trolley collecting boxes to sell to karang guni to buy food for the day everytime i see them my heart break bro :(

well at the end of the day it is individual choices if they really fall in love with singapore then convert to sgrean and hope for the best.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

do ask yourself:

can u retire in singapore after u became sgrean? (unless u got a few millions dollar in sg then sg is a good place to migrate and with that money u can retire in future gracefully trust me singapore is not cheap even if i were to compare Australia is far cheaper to live bro)

this is the main factor i dont want many made the same mistake and live to regret it later in future. i was a exsgrean born in sg and lived and work there until i was 37 year old and i can tell u if i were to live in sg till i grow old i can never retire or have children even i been married 10 years.
there so many ex malaysian the olden generation sadly almost all of them cant retire in singapore some work until their last breath while working there and some have to push trolley collecting boxes to sell to karang guni to buy food for the day everytime i see them my heart break bro :(

well at the end of the day it is individual choices if they really fall in love with singapore then convert to sgrean and hope for the best.

There are so many greener pastures to retire in ...Costa Rica, Portugal, for example.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
as long a country who care and take care of its old people and they able to retire gracefully that is the ideal country.

I am in one of the ideal country Australia

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
as long a country who care and take care of its old people and they able to retire gracefully that is the ideal country.

who wanta to work and work till we die right I sure no one that because we all work very hard when we were young and strong no matter what kind of job. We all deserve to retire when we gets old.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

who wanta to work and work till we die right I sure no one that because we all work very hard when we were young and strong no matter what kind of job. We all deserve to retire when we gets old.

But to retire one must have enough savings. Heard Aussie income tax very high? N sinkie cpf system better than Aussie?

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
mmmm...not sure about that because i only work in Australia for 2 years and i havent reach 55 year old yet.

and right neighbor is ex sgrean indian family and on my right is hongkong family both very nice neighbours and the rest are ang mo also very nice all of them are friendly and as for me malay and i can get along with themvery well :smile:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My ideal country is Sweden or Norway or Denmark. Top choice is Norway because of its wealth; go there I become a millionaire thanks to the government.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

do ask yourself:

If you are a PR in Singapore.
We need to ask ourselves what benefits if convert to Singapore citizen.
My Malaysian friend converted to Singapore citizen during the time she wants to buy a resale hdb flat.
She did not tell me the reason for taking Singapore citizen

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But to retire one must have enough savings. Heard Aussie income tax very high? N sinkie cpf system better than Aussie?

Look at what you get in return. In the Scandinavian countries, the taxes pay for the five most expensive items in life - education, child care, unemployment support, health care and retirement pension. Add up the cost of those benefits, the taxes paid will not be sufficient to cover that.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a PR in Singapore.
We need to ask ourselves what benefits if convert to Singapore citizen.
My Malaysian friend converted to Singapore citizen during the time she wants to buy a resale hdb flat.
She did not tell me the reason for taking Singapore citizen

maybe she love singapore deep deep bro

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mmmm...not sure about that because i only work in Australia for 2 years and i havent reach 55 year old yet.

and right neighbor is ex sgrean indian family and on my right is hongkong family both very nice neighbours and the rest are ang mo also very nice all of them are friendly and as for me malay and i can get along with themvery well :smile:

Good ya u. Havent reach 55 already so relac...:smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An open-minded Malay can be happy anywhere.

By migrating tere we have to ustand n learn the culture/tradition, language etc. We r new citizens. Not bumiputra aka born citizen tere. Mixing around with other races/nationality shldnt be a probm for me/family cos sinkieland rite now is a multi nationality nation itself. Having said it wld be a bonus if my neighbour happen to be of same race/ ex sinkie.:smile:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
By migrating tere we have to ustand n learn the culture/tradition, language etc. We r new citizens. Not bumiputra aka born citizen tere. Mixing around with other races/nationality shldnt be a probm for me/family cos sinkieland rite now is a multi nationality nation itself. Having said it wld be a bonus if my neighbour happen to be of same race/ ex sinkie.:smile:

for me i can adapt to new enviroment is because of my upbrignging from kampong where i was tought to treat other with respect and be humble and friendly that is why i am very happy here :smile:. sadly in singapore because i respect and being humble and friendly i got bullied by the local in singapore it is liek big fish eat small fish in singapore that is why i never blink when i gave up my sg passport.
in my life i made so many mistake and migration to Australia is the ONLY one i did right!!!!! :smile: