• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M’sian converted to S’pore Citizen - Your experience

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for me i can adapt to new enviroment is because of my upbrignging from kampong where i was tought to treat other with respect and be humble and friendly that is why i am very happy here :smile:. sadly in singapore because i respect and being humble and friendly i got bullied by the local in singapore it is liek big fish eat small fish in singapore that is why i never blink when i gave up my sg passport.
in my life i made so many mistake and migration to Australia is the ONLY one i did right!!!!! :smile:

My wife friend who already migrated to Aussie. Normally came back to sinkieland to visit her mum. They seems to be quite happy tere. Tats accordg to my wife feedback. As for sinkieland...i am already immune to hw a minority being treated here. Best is to wk with foreign co. They recognise ur hard work now. Anyway sinkieland is having hard time. Future is bleak Karma is a bitch.

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the question I posed in the thread starter has taken a different course ....

But never mind, I’m happy carrying on this discussion as it is.

so looks like some of you bros have given up your Sg citizenship...what citizenship are you guys holding now — Aussie? Malaysian?

if foreign citizenship, did you all apply for MM2H to be able to reside long term, especially now given the covid19 situation and closed borders?

As for me, my preference for Sg citizenship is personal, but I’ll just name 2 things: superior health care and CPF life annuity which is tops. However, different ppl have different views on this and let’s leave it as it is because the debate on this can go on till the cows come home without conclusion.

Further, having Sg citizenship does not mean you are restricted to physically retire in Sg. The world remains your oyster. As some have already pointed to Costa Rica, Portugal etc. and this does not mean that if your retire in Portugal, you will become a Portuguese citizen? Of course not! Likewise for Thailand. And I’m sure retired ang mohs in malaysia are not Malaysian citizens. So you get my point.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like the question I posed in the thread starter has taken a different course ....

so looks like some of you bros have given up your Sg citizenship...what citizenship are you guys holding now — Aussie? Malaysian?

if foreign citizenship, did you all apply for MM2H to be able to reside long term, especially now given the covid19 situation and closed borders?

As for me, my preference for Sg citizenship is personal, but I’ll just name 2 things: superior health care and CPF life annuity which is tops. However, different ppl have different views on this and let’s leave it as it is because the debate on this can go on till the cows come home without conclusion.

Further, having Sg citizenship does not mean you are restricted to physically retire in Sg. The world remains your oyster. As some have already pointed to Costa Rica, Portugal etc. and this does not mean that if your retire in Portugal, you will become a Portuguese citizen? Of course not! Likewise for Thailand. And I’m sure retired ang mohs in malaysia are not Malaysian citizens. So you get my point.

Ur in Sporean living guide in JB. Ur in a thread for sinkies seeking greener pasture outside sinkieland. Not much good things to say abt sinkieland. :smile: Hope sm one can help u on ur post.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro i already gave up my sg citisenship 6 years ago and now a Australian citisen and i already retired in my early 40s and now a full time daddy.
which i can never dream of retirement if i were still in sg bro.
in sg what the use of having CPF when they dont return at 55 year old that is why many sgrean can never retire.
and it get worst there no real benefits in singapore even the healthcare is very expensive and plus there no mininum wages and there alot of hidden tax in sg.
oh ya i been living in Australia 10 years already and i lived in sg ever since i was born and lived there for 37 years if i were to compare singapore is far more expensive then Australia that mean we been paying premium price but what we get is peanut or nothing in sg.

give u some good example bro in sg i only "owned" 5 room hdb flat and i been living there 37 years just to get this 5 room hdb that it nothing else.
in Australia after living 10 years i have 2 landed properties one i live in it and the other one i rent it out and i change my new SUV (i already change 3 SUV in 10 years)
i can go twice a year holiday 2 week each time cruise and overseas holidays.

in short if really want to retire sgrean MUST plan to retire overseas like our neighboring countries where it is cheaper to live. but have to plan early and do it when u still young buy a small house oversea slowly pay by the time u reach 55 year old u can rent out your HDB and the rent money u can use it to pay your bills and food and u can retire gracefully. this is what i do if my plan to migrate to Australia dosent work.

it is very sadden everytime i see old uncles and old aunties pushing trolley collecting boxes to sell to karang guni just to buy food for the day this is just not rigth when they were young they work very hard to contributing to the country but when they old this is what they get! :(
and i always tell my dear wife this is our fate if we to grow old in sg and everytime she will say i am crazy to think this way BUT deep inside she knows what i as true!
all i can say is beside Japanese people who are known for their hardworking. singapore is the 2nd people who work very very hard and i was one of them in sg i work from 9am finish at 10pm even i work so hard i still struggling get salary pay bills left $100 to $200 to enjoy :(
oh ya i worked in mailroom cum despatch in sg low paying job. starting salary before cpf deduction $1118 and after 10 years $1400 tell me how to survive in sg bro :(

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh ya i worked in mailroom cum despatch in sg low paying job. starting salary before cpf deduction $1118 and after 10 years $1400 tell me how to survive in sg bro :(

Yo bro. Aku sama juga. But its during the 80s. Workg few years with a local bank as a peon. But felt discriminated when a colleague of mine who was a cheena, junior than me, was promoted to back room clerk. Reason was hes able to speak Mandarin. So all these while did i speak english or mandarin to my staffs? So peon ok. Clerk not ok. Must be able to speak Mandarin. Wat kind of reason or excuse is tat. Discrimination lah!

Just curious. At such young age u able to retire. U have passive income or doing sm business?

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo bro. Aku sama juga. But its during the 80s. Workg few years with a local bank as a peon. But felt discriminated when a colleague of mine who was a cheena, junior than me, was promoted to back room clerk. Reason was hes able to speak Mandarin. So all these while did i speak english or mandarin to my staffs? So peon ok. Clerk not ok. Must be able to speak Mandarin. Wat kind of reason or excuse is tat. Discrimination lah!

Just curious. At such young age u able to retire. U have passive income or doing sm business?

bro that is biasa lah if i were to type my experience 10 years bro it taks hours to complete. that is why i gave up my sg citisenship without a blink bro.

how i able to retire bro i sold my hdb flat and now i got 2 house(landed property) one i live in it and the other one i rent it out.
we have enough we able to put food on the table and go twice a year holidays cruise and overseas trip 2 weeks each time :smile:
my wife she still working as she is 10 years younger then me and she enjoy working its up to her when she want to retire bro.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I converted. Basically if you have young kids who need to school here, you need to convert or you have to go Tan Ah Kow school.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I bought properties while I was Malaysian and sold it after I became Sinkie. No issue, just pay the taxes on profits. I think it’s the routine informing banks and updating your status / particulars etc. If you have kids, just apply for citizenship together with yourself. Once granted, your kids will have dual citizenship holding 2 passports. When they reach 21, they have to deserve to be NS Slave or UMNO slaves.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eh how come I can’t edit my post here. Malaysia has free healthcare. Singapore’s healthcare is expensive and the medishield life is totally ridiculous for PR. Every year I have to throw a few k down the drain for my parents medishield life.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh how come I can’t edit my post here. Malaysia has free healthcare. Singapore’s healthcare is expensive and the medishield life is totally ridiculous for PR. Every year I have to throw a few k down the drain for my parents medishield life.

Bro What makes u want to be sgrean if u don’t mind sharing bro.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who did the old folks voted for?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro What makes u want to be sgrean if u don’t mind sharing bro.
I’ve been here since teenage. All my life PR until decided to have wife and kids. I don’t want to pay too much for the education or face the last priority in P1 school allocation. To be fair, I receive a lot from the country hence I feel it is just right I commit. I dislike some policies but no country is perfect. Overall I don’t mind retiring in SG, MY or Thailand

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’ve been here since teenage. All my life PR until decided to have wife and kids. I don’t want to pay too much for the education or face the last priority in P1 school allocation. To be fair, I receive a lot from the country hence I feel it is just right I commit. I dislike some policies but no country is perfect. Overall I don’t mind retiring in SG, MY or Thailand

no worries bro we all have a choice which country we are comfortable with there no right or wrong answer.
thanks for sharing bro :smile:

cheers!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no worries bro we all have a choice which country we are comfortable with there no right or wrong answer.
thanks for sharing bro :smile:

cheers!

Yes. Watever choice we made we live with it. Dont try u nvr know. Best time its when ur young n agile. :smile::frown::frown::frown:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a great country. What's the point living in a country where the majority are whites. Haven't you guys seen Asians being huntum left right centre in angmoh country. I once had an angmoh boss. Aftrer 10 years I asked him if he considered living here longer. He said he liked this country but sadly, he still feel more comfy living back in his homeland where the majority are his people. (Btw, he said it in the nicest way possible, good angmoh). Point is, our culture is all here. I entertained thoughts of moving permanently to angmoh country when younger and idealistic. Now I'm glad I didn't.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is a great country. What's the point living in a country where the majority are whites. Haven't you guys seen Asians being huntum left right centre in angmoh country. I once had an angmoh boss. Aftrer 10 years I asked him if he considered living here longer. He said he liked this country but sadly, he still feel more comfy living back in his homeland where the majority are his people. (Btw, he said it in the nicest way possible, good angmoh). Point is, our culture is all here. I entertained thoughts of moving permanently to angmoh country when younger and idealistic. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Yes. I support. 25% of Msians are cheena. They should move over to Sinkieland asap cos 80% are cheena sinkies.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, on the same concept, Sinkie's Malays should move to Malaysia asap because 80% of sinkies are Chinese. Am I right?

Someone said Sinkieland is a great country. Cheena Msian always singg praises for Sinkieland. Always look down on Msia/garment. So they shld migrate to Sinkieland soonest. I did not say Msia is a great country. But i will def move over to my motherland very near future. I have a home in Msia.