• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lucky Plaza shop charges tourist $10,103 for two iPhone 5 handsets

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
20121121.142407_luckyplaza.jpg

STOMPer L says his friend, who was on holiday here, was charged $10,103 when he purchased two iPhone 5 handsets at a shop in Lucky Plaza.

Said the STOMPer:

"Last Friday (Nov 16), a foreign friend of mine shopped at a phone shop at Lucky Plaza. He bought 2 iphone 5s (32 G) at the shop known as EOne Mobil Plus Pte Ltd at Orchard Road, Lucky Plaza, unit B1-48.

"My friend was told it cost S$1,150 per phone and he agreed and paid them cash S$2,550 including GST for 2 iphone 5s. After that they asked him for his passport to register his iPhone with the Apple Store.

"When they returned his passport and handed him a receipt to sign and he did, after that the shop people demanded him to pay the balance of S$7,500 for his purchase of two iPhones. My foreign friend was shocked to learn he had to pay so much money before they could release the phone to him.

"My friend called me after he spent much time asking for the return of his money but in vain. Finally he had to call for help, and I went down to Lucky Plaza to see what I could do for him.

"I was deeply upset when the shop people told me that my friend agreed to pay S$10,103 for the phones, and he had signed on the receipt.

"I called the police on the spot and the police came, but not much that the police could do for us. Because what the police claimed was that this is a willing-seller-willing-buyer case, hence they could not intervene.

"I was very upset then, and finally my foreign friend had to gave in because he had to catch a flight to return to his country the same evening. Finally, he paid S$4,280 for two iPhone 5s (inclusive of GST).

"I still have the receipt showing the S$10,103 that my friend was initially charged for 2 iPhone 5s. I hope there will be not be another victim of the similar case in the future."

STOMP understands that an iPhone 5 32GB handset retails for about $1,088 in Singapore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see some kind of opportunity here....
Will set up some kind of customer feedback counter outside places like Lucky Plaza and SLS........any dispute will get some hired muscle to claim back the money........machiam debt collecting business......think can work

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he dont pay the balance of S$4,280 he lose S$2,550 , right now his total lost is more than that:(

Last edited:

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
a big price to pay for blindly following the crowd.

polis cant do anything?? for CSJ they sure have 101 ways to deal with him.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why people simply don't like to order from the internet? Price sure safe and also origin sure safe with warranty some more. Just helped a friend order yeesterday only have to wait for 2 weeks then you can get already.

iphone5.png

Last edited:

Sunstreaker

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I called the police on the spot and the police came, but not much that the police could do for us. Because what the police claimed was that this is a willing-seller-willing-buyer case, hence they could not intervene.

what the hell willing seller-buyer case... if that's the case, those people might as well put $1000k on the receipt.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why this stomper didn't take care of his foreign friend? he could have ordered the IP5 from the apple store website on behalf of his foreign friend. going to lucky plaza to buy electronics is like feeding himself to the sharks!

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why this stomper didn't take care of his foreign friend? he could have ordered the IP5 from the apple store website on behalf of his foreign friend. going to lucky plaza to buy electronics is like feeding himself to the sharks!

Bro on the other hand he might got kick backs from the store :biggrin:

Visitors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing uncommon for lucky plaza, listed one of the most smelly mall for tourists.
But for the salesman there, they are very lucky.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why purchase that junk at ANY price. A motorola can do a better job for one tenth the cost.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
CASE did not setup KIOSK at unLUCKY plaza ?
Kiosk at sim lim
CASE kiosk

stupid tourist anyway...a quick tripadvisor check has numerous tourist got scammed..

Nat Geo scam city should feature these Sinkieland con shop, throw in sim lim sq, GL durian sellers and most PRC run stalls...

Last edited:

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sx9CtxA8gzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>...........