• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTY Lambasted Left Right Center On The Impending Transport Fare "Adjustment"

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are taxpayers funding these transport companies when taxpayers don't get a share of the profits?

Use the money instead to build a public transit company that can be low cost and inject real competition in the market. SMRT and SBS are oligopolies that are doing the minimum. The way forward is to have a publicly owned and operated transit.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
05freas_neuman.jpg
Lui-Tuck-Yew.jpg

I see a resemblance.

No lah. Everytime I see Alfred E Neuman on cover of MAD magazine, I break out in pleasant laughter whereas the fuck face of Lui Tuck Yew never fail to make me tulan. One is adorable the other is horrible.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are taxpayers funding these transport companies when taxpayers don't get a share of the profits?

Use the money instead to build a public transit company that can be low cost and inject real competition in the market. SMRT and SBS are oligopolies that are doing the minimum. The way forward is to have a publicly owned and operated transit.

Yes, fully agree. But will the PAP ever going to do that? The whole aim of the PAP is to enrich their GLCs, the people's interests are way down its list of priorities. Only way is to vote them out. I really hope that more and more of the 60% will see the PAP for what it really is.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
No lah. Everytime I see Alfred E Neuman on cover of MAD magazine, I break out in pleasant laughter whereas the fuck face of Lui Tuck Yew never fail to make me tulan. One is adorable the other is horrible.
sambig.gif
..............​

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same shit as usual everyone spewing the same thing online. Govt sucks la transport lousy la but so what? You still end up paying and a certain percentage of sinkies still vote for them.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie...we noe chiu no like...we purposely increase more...wat can chiu do beside voting for us...huh? :biggrin::biggrin:

Bus and train fares up 4-6 cents from April 6

[h=2]Adult card fares for buses and trains will increase by 4 to 6 cents per journey starting 6 April. In addition, the government is introducing concession schemes - for low-income workers and persons with disabilities.[/h]
SINGAPORE: Adult card fares for buses and trains will increase by 4 to 6 cents per journey starting 6 April.
In addition, the government is introducing concession schemes - for low-income workers and persons with disabilities.
Low-income workers will enjoy 15 per cent discount off adult fares, and persons with disabilities will get 25 per cent discount.
Persons with disabilities will also not have to pay additional fares for distances beyond 7.2 kilometres.
About 400,000 low-wage workers and 50,000 persons with disabilities are expected to benefit from the two concession schemes in the first year.
The Public Transport Council will also introduce a new monthly unlimited travel pass for adult Singaporean and permanent residents, priced at S$120.
There will also be a S$60 new monthly unlimited travel concession pass for senior citizens.
Children below seven years old will get free travel.
In addition, polytechnic students will now enjoy the same monthly concession pass prices as secondary, junior college and Institute of Technical Education students.
Prices for polytechnic monthly concession passes will be brought down by between 44 and 47 per cent.
NSF monthly concession passes will also be lowered to the same price as university students.
Daily limit on rides for all train and hybrid monthly passes will also be removed.

- CNA/xq

underMIND

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of you guys think he will actually go read and care? Pappies create facebook to make themselves seem closer to us only?! Last time, i got complaint to my MP via FB but also no use?

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huat ahhh... very happy to see this...

Lucky I invest in kapkia...

No waiting time , no squeezing with ah nehs , no smelly shit skins... no rubba rubba with sadplumpgirl...