• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lots of Moth recently

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you guy realise that there are lots of big moth recently?

Last night, one big moth flew into my study room. Today I saw at least 5 big moths on the road.

Now I hear see friends complaining about big moth on facebook.

Did you guy see any?

put some mothballs in ze house, that should keep them out.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Thursday June 5, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Thursday June 5, 2014 MYT 8:53:39 AM

It's that time of the moth

BY DINA MURAD

PETALING JAYA: Giant moths are swarming – and bugging people – across Malaysia, with sightings reported in many areas besides Kuantan, where their presence is already causing a buzz.

Netizens posted on The Star Online’s Facebook page that they had observed moths in Perak, Kuala Lumpur, Malacca, Johor, Penang, Selangor, Negri Sembilan and Sabah.

Napsiah Wan Salleh said she saw giant moths in the Klang Valley.

“I saw four light brown moths with white straight line on the wings in my area the last few days.

“I saw one again this morning,” she said, attributing it to a boom in caterpillar population due to the rain coming soon after the dry weather earlier this year.

Addell Tan said he found two moths on his car in Malacca, while Johnny Lum and Pauline Goh reported seeing them in Ipoh and Pontian.

“They are kind of pretty but it is scary that they are so big.

“(I) always find them dead on the side of the buildings in the mornings,” said Ketiswary Nachiar from Kuantan.

“Strangely, I saw one this morning in Kota Kinabalu.

“I was surprised because TV reported (that) there were many in Kuantan,” wrote Sim Josie.

“I saw four at my condo last week and I live on the 23rd floor. (I) was just thinking why so many,” said Maggie Song.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...cross-the-country-are-bugged-by-its-presence/

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Thursday June 5, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Thursday June 5, 2014 MYT 7:39:36 AM

'Lack of predators cause moths to thrive'

BY LOH FOON FONG AND RAHMAH GHAZALI

PETALING JAYA: A lack of predators such as caterpillar-feeding birds could have led to the sudden swarm of giant moths in Kuantan and other parts of the country, said an expert.

Calling it “unprecedented” and “abnormal”, Universiti Kebang-saan Malaysia entomologist Dr Norela Sulaiman said the “invasion” by giant tropical swallowtail moths (Lyssa zampa) could be a “one-off occurrence”.

“I believe there is a lack of predators such as birds which usually eat the catterpillars,” said Dr Norela.

Entomological Society of Malaysia president Prof Dr Idris Abdul Ghani said the “invasion” could also be due to the large availability of food plants.

“At the same time, it could be that their natural enemies, such as parasites and other pathogens, are not active enough to harm them and they thrive,” he said.

Asked on reports that the moths had congregated at the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC), he said there could be host plants in the nearby Bukit Nenas forest reserve.

“The bright lights in KLCC could have attracted them there.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/06/05/Lack-of-predators-cause-moths-to-thrive/

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
News reported this happened in other countries too (forgot which country)。

Was told that this moth is Lyssa moth and it was their breeding season.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
moth caterpillars are scary things and their spins or spikes are poisonous but i think the ones in sinkland only cause itchiness.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
moth caterpillars are scary things and their spins or spikes are poisonous but i think the ones in sinkland only cause itchiness.

Noticed Geylang red light was unusually crowded since the moths were reported. Itchiness led more people to find the whores for a cure? More moths, more business for the whores, more STDs and AIDs?