• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lor Mee stall FT dunno what Lor Mee is! (Must explain Ru Mian)

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a restaurant owner. I have attracted a lot of criticism but I must tell the truth for Singaporean's sake.

Singaporean workers not willing to work hard and have attitude even if I pay more. Little bit MC, then say waiter cannot do kitchen work and kitchen help cannot collect cash. 10 hours means after 9 hour 45 mins go wash face, pang jio, put on makeup.

PRC and Burmese listen to instructions, take initiative and are grateful for the job.

Of course these are low end jobs between $900 and $1,300. I provide food and lodging so they can save almost the full amount. They spend very little, such as during rest day when they take bus to Botanic Gardens or beach to picnic, and on phone cards to call home

Yes, you sound just like the boss who will tell one employee to perform the jobs of three. It is not about how obedient workers should be, it should be about how humans should be treated. Have you ever treated your workers with the necessary respect as equal human beings even though you may be the boss?

The scales have been tipped in favour of the employers ever since PAP came into power. In a first world country, there must be a balance between the businesses and the workers. The government is there to ensure such a balance but in Singapore, the government is in cahoots with the businesses and they even run most of the businesses.

Is Singapore a first-world country or not? If yes, why are the workers always being threatened? If no, how come someone can come out with a book with a title of "From third world to first"?

satire85

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a pity that Singaporeans have evolved to this stage. Very soon, our new generation of Singaporeans will not know what it will be like to walk downstairs in a pair of thongs to enjoy a bowl of Singaporean-made Lor Mee anymore.

The PRCs have well and truly arrived. If nothing else is done to prevent them from stealing our jobs, we will very soon be overwhelmed by them.

I understand that basic business philosophy is looking to keeping costs down as low as possible, and since labour is a significant component, certainly hiring a PRC will always be better than hiring a Singaporean.

There is certainly a way out of this and that is for Singaporeans to improve their attitude towards work. That means not taking unnecessary breaks, chao kenging, take Mcs etc etc all the time.

Singaporeans must know that at the end of the day, no one owes them a living and certainly if someone is more enthusiastic and hardworking about the job, it is only natural that the job goes to them. This is not about China workers anymore, any worker of any nationality will steal our jobs.

For employers, it is important that they know what makes their business tick, how to keep cost down is one thing. But I believe retaining customers is the most important thing in doing a business. Certainly, you don't want to open a business and just attract unique customers. Singapore is a small place after all.

So businesses, especially F & B ones, must understand that Singaporeans prefer to see a Singaporean fellow serving them than a PRC worker. Sure, the Singaporean will cost a bit more but its worth it, because Singaporeans come to hawker centres to eat true blue Singaporean food. And if there is a Singaporean serving, at least 50% of their satisfaction is retained.

Singaporeans will naturally be turned off by a PRC worker there, so no matter how cheap it is to hire them, eventually the business will go bust because nobody will even want to entertain the prospects of patronizing a stall run by a PRC, especially those who don't even know what Lor Mee is.

This is definitely a case of penny wise pound foolish.

Singaporean and Businesses must work hand in hand to overcome the Red Tide from the north. I am certainly not arguing for a No PRC worker policy. But just that businesses must know where to strategically line them .

As evidence from this thread and many other bad experiences Singaporeans had with the F&B industry, it is obvious that PRC workers are just not suited to be in the frontline serving people.

And businesses will just have to get that into their scheme of things if they want to survive doing trade in the service industry in Singapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporean and Businesses must work hand in hand to overcome the Red Tide from the north. I am certainly not arguing for a No PRC worker policy. But just that businesses must know where to strategically line them .

As evidence from this thread and many other bad experiences Singaporeans had with the F&B industry, it is obvious that PRC workers are just not suited to be in the frontline serving people.

And businesses will just have to get that into their scheme of things if they want to survive doing trade in the service industry in Singapore.

Another well written post.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Frens!
I follow this forum for many years alreadi. Now I cannot tahan, post for all bruder to see. We serve NS and must suffer this BS?

Today my work took me to Chai Chee. I ate at the Chai Chee 29 Food House, next to the NUTC at Chai Chee Avenue 29B. I don’t live at CC and have never been to this Food House, but based on the flower garlands outside, it just opened. It’s quite bright and new looking.

Chai Chee 29 Food House is probably trying to act ang-moh and ‘upscale’ (and up-price despite being in the middle of a lower-income factory HDB area). Their outside sign got no Chinese characters! I walked in and all the stalls have big English signs and smaller Chinese signs underneath. I went to the Teochew Noodle stall, the one with small characters chaozhou yuyuan mian underneath. There were two teenagers at the counter, both very young looking. Secondary school age actually, DEFINITELY NOT 21+. If either of these two FT have a PhD in bio-tech, I must be a monkey’s father, son and mother all at the same time.

This particular stall displayed several pictures in Chinese and English at the top. Bak chor mee, lor mee, etc.

I told the kids, ji-ay lor mee. They stare at me. So I ask them, ni men you meiyou lor mee. And they ask me in PRC Mandarin: she mo shi lor mee.

My lp and lc seriously drop. I could almost hear them fall on the floor and kenna eaten up by some running dog looking for boots to lick.

Even when I serve in army, when we exercise at LCK, ask Malay/ Indian kaki to buy lor mee, they don’t need me to teach. Kaki call me buy Mee Rebus, I don’t ask him simi si mi ler boos. WTF we let Foreign Talents come here and don’t even know what they are selling? These two FT standing right under a sign that says Lor Mee $3/4. They illiterate is it?

Luckily the boss is local (at least, speak with local accent. Malaysian possible also.) He instructed the kids how to make the lor mee. Needless to say, they DID NOT know how to make lor mee and had to be taught on the spot.

Because running dog ate my lp and lc, I feel like a helpless eunuch. At a time when two of my friends have lost their jobs, when I myself damn worried about future, when I cannot afford to get married and produce the batteries (sorry, I mean babies) to maintain Singapore’s population, I have to go to lor mee stall and order Ru Mian because sixteen year old world-class FTs have qian1 li3 zhao1 zhao1 (come from far) to kapok locals’ jobs!!!

Not to say this is a Chinese Singaporean problem. I think our Malay kakis also kenna. Maybe kenna worse, becoz as minorities they have fewer food choices. I have seen 2 Nasi Padang stalls lose their big green Halal certifications in major food court/ outlets. When I order, I find myself talking to PRCs, so I’m guessing we got some more Malay kaki forced to relac one corner because their jobs kenna taken by PRC who dunno how to meet Halal requirement. (I also tulan, because the PRC dunno how to cook Nasi Padang!)

I was so tulan that I sign up after work and post this.

Thank you, Lee Family! You bought the greatest minds on this planet to take the job of lower-qualified Singaporeans! Our elderly are selling tissue paper and cleaning toilets because they are too stupid to make lor mee!

So what your saying is that fts who come to sg should have a phd in bio tech before they can work here??

Well that exlcudes more than 90%

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
another is that Lucky Plaza 'Tanglin Nasi Lemak'...now have this CB China PRC female canine there...knn sibei rude..I told the boss, that I sad that they have to bring in such loq quality CCB to work here and dun even understand simple engrish...and she, the female caninc PRC got a tonjgue lashing from me...NB...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another is that Lucky Plaza 'Tanglin Nasi Lemak'...now have this CB China PRC female canine there...knn sibei rude..I told the boss, that I sad that they have to bring in such loq quality CCB to work here and dun even understand simple engrish...and she, the female caninc PRC got a tonjgue lashing from me...NB...

Care to share the incident?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, you sound just like the boss who will tell one employee to perform the jobs of three. It is not about how obedient workers should be, it should be about how humans should be treated. Have you ever treated your workers with the necessary respect as equal human beings even though you may be the boss?

The scales have been tipped in favour of the employers ever since PAP came into power. In a first world country, there must be a balance between the businesses and the workers. The government is there to ensure such a balance but in Singapore, the government is in cahoots with the businesses and they even run most of the businesses.

Is Singapore a first-world country or not? If yes, why are the workers always being threatened? If no, how come someone can come out with a book with a title of "From third world to first"?

Why explain to a sinkie this. It is best to stay away from a sinkie. A sinkie will never treat a human with respect.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why explain to a sinkie this. It is best to stay away from a sinkie. A sinkie will never treat a human with respect.

there is full of singaporeans, then why the fuck u bother to come here..

walk the talk CB Kia tonychat..

:oIo::oIo::oIo: and fuck off from here..

yogi1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
give our comrades a break lah, they also come here work for $$ and try to adapt to our culture, slang, lingo...etc. Since our nation welcomes them, we have to do our part and make them feel at home. if they dun know wat is milo, teach them, or better volunteer to show them how to make milo.

yogi1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo...be patient with our comrades. why u scold them. their life not easy u know.lets embrace them. moreover u anger them, later they put special ingredients into ur nasi lemak.how?

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boycott stalls run by PRC lah... Only know how to talk?

Actually I support an 'intelligent' form of boycott.

If food is up to standard, NO boycott. This is common sense. We don't song-song boycott.

If food is Farked up, Fark the PRC stall. These PRCs have a damn bad habit of using lard in every dish. Instead of our local more healthy vegetable oils.

I am NOT eating farked up 'nasi padang' made by PRCs who don't know how to make nasi padang.

I am also SICK of eating chye png where every damn vegetable and tofu dish kenna cook with lard. It is not healthy. I avoid these farked up PRC stalls.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
For this, only pple with brains will understand. Coward sinkies will not understand this, they only care for themselves and will not think what will happen next.

Those PRC who is willing to do anything will learn those skills and compete with you next time.

Those coward sinkies will be surprised if the kitchen helper that they hired open a restaurant next to them and compete with them. In the end, the sinkie will lose their biz, they do not know how smart PRC are in doing business.

So a coward and a cheapo will get what he deserve in the end.

:eek: Waah! Your point is 100% correct! We already kenna from Suzhou. PRCs damn famous for stealing your business secrets. I got one friend who has to die-die-use middlemen in all his supply chains so that the PRCs cannot figure out his secrets/ profit margins.:eek:

Mister Restaurant Owner is still living in dreamland. His PRCs want to work all aspects of the business to Learn his jue zhao and mifang. NOT because they are such kindhearted souls as to serve their boss.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
So businesses, especially F & B ones, must understand that Singaporeans prefer to see a Singaporean fellow serving them than a PRC worker. Sure, the Singaporean will cost a bit more but its worth it, because Singaporeans come to hawker centres to eat true blue Singaporean food. And if there is a Singaporean serving, at least 50% of their satisfaction is retained.

Singaporeans will naturally be turned off by a PRC worker there, so no matter how cheap it is to hire them, eventually the business will go bust because nobody will even want to entertain the prospects of patronizing a stall run by a PRC, especially those who don't even know what Lor Mee is.

Actually I am also worried about consequences for racial harmony. We have worked damn hard to create a nation.

I attended school with lots of Malays. As minorities they are f----ed if you have a food court and none of the stalls are Halal. Religion is a sensitive point. I do not understand the logic behind hiring non-Muslims in a job that specifically requires religious certification. Some more PRCs often do not understand the sensitivities in a multiracial society. They even cook vegetables with zhu you (pig lard), which I really hate.

After decades of nation-building, Chinese have stopped thinking Indians all got 'kuttu' or are dirty. Now we have influx of Banglas who stink up the MRT, throw rubbish in the playgrounds and ride bicycles the wrong way along busy streets. Racial harmony kenna keblakang pusing.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boycott stalls run by PRC lah...

Totally agree-I have stopped patronizing any stalls manned by PRC workers .
If locals were to unite and give support to business staffed by locals-I'm sure there will be an impact.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
give our comrades a break lah, they also come here work for $$ and try to adapt to our culture, slang, lingo...etc. Since our nation welcomes them, we have to do our part and make them feel at home. if they dun know wat is milo, teach them, or better volunteer to show them how to make milo.

wat the fuck r u talking about, u jiby kia! who welcome them?! only the evil pap and their slaves like u who import them in to be in the cheapskate paycheaque! then ask a prc man come to ur home and fuck ur wife, if he can't fuck properly, teach him how to fuck ur wife shiok shiok!!!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a pity that Singaporeans have evolved to this stage. Very soon, our new generation of Singaporeans will not know what it will be like to walk downstairs in a pair of thongs to enjoy a bowl of Singaporean-made Lor Mee anymore....

Well written! :smile:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
wat the fuck r u talking about, u jiby kia! who welcome them?! only the evil pap and their slaves like u who import them in to be in the cheapskate paycheaque! then ask a prc man come to ur home and fuck ur wife, if he can't fuck properly, teach him how to fuck ur wife shiok shiok!!!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

well-written:biggrin: