• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

local brokers useless

• Thread starter Deleted member 105665
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 105665

fren told me all the big local basically only those few who don't know stock brokerages are useless fucking idiots, these brokers thought they pass certs and got degree or diploma so know everything about stocks options futures index commodities cds etc but all they can do is bullshit and hope ppl buy into it and win or loss they make commissions, they all claim we give ppl do contra no need pay first but 3 days where got enough, now they like property agent run out of time throw into the garbage of history, now who don't know there are u.s. brokerages giving super low commission but no contra so what there are always ways to buy pay later method if you smart you know how to make use of system... decades ago our local brokerages were behind u.s. brokerages and now its even worst no match and in future they totally cant even catch the fart of u.s. brokerages hahaha, fucking local brokers you all lost jobs loh hahahahahah

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Play contra is for poor clowns with no holding power. Pls don’t deceive yourself to think contra traders are super high level experienced lol

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't bother with the Spore market because of the problems of Spore being a small market & high brokerage fees. The best period in Spore for investors was way back during the 90's where people were punting in the local market. Even students & house wives made & lost $$$.

Nowadays the market is dominated by the big boys. They can influence the local market. There is now just no room for the small time investor

If you plan to invest for the long term i.e. years & years, look at the US or Malaysian market.
This is where I get regular dividends. Other than dividends I've seen my shares appreciated in value. That is why today I don't have to worry about working, or if I still have anything in the CPF.

The US market also has more varied investments choices like ETFs, Options, index funds, ....

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't bother with the Spore market because of the problems of Spore being a small market & high brokerage fees. The best period in Spore for investors was way back during the 90's where people were punting in the local market. Even students & house wives made & lost $$$.

Nowadays the market is dominated by the big boys. They can influence the local market. There is now just no room for the small time investor

If you plan to invest for the long term i.e. years & years, look at the US or Malaysian market.
This is where I get regular dividends. Other than dividends I've seen my shares appreciated in value. That is why today I don't have to worry about working, or if I still have anything in the CPF.

The US market also has more varied investments choices like ETFs, Options, index funds, ....
Much much worse my friend. We we eyeing the market after lky died. Banks increased by 5 dollars instead. Its all fixing

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can also consider the HK market. Many quality state backed and too big to fail companies are listed there. Can even play Shanghai and Shenzhen through the stock connect. Same time zone as Singapore. However, I will avoid their small caps, some counters can be suspended for years ........ but too big to fail state owned companies like Sinopec (386) can have chairman arrested and caught with possession of loaded pistol yet still continue to trade as per normal .......

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lol, the other day my colleague said he met a "wealth management executive" trying to sell him their mutual funds. So I asked, how is it, naturally. He then said, he might as well listen to me. I'm doing the same job as he does. Wealth management executive was going to charge him 1.7% for a 5-6% funds. Hah, got VTS @$167, now even with the recent fall still $197.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal

You paid 30% withholding tax for your US dividend?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol, the other day my colleague said he met a "wealth management executive" trying to sell him their mutual funds. So I asked, how is it, naturally. He then said, he might as well listen to me. I'm doing the same job as he does. Wealth management executive was going to charge him 1.7% for a 5-6% funds. Hah, got VTS @$167, now even with the recent fall still $197.

When I 1st started looking at investing in Spore there were few options available other than mutual funds(unit trusts). This was what Spore banks were pushing decades ago. Back then Sporeans did not have access to the internet because the PAP limited it only to a few.

It was when I started working for an MNC that I had access to the internet & got an Etrade trading account. Without the internet the only other option was to get a broker which traded US stocks. I did get have such a broker but one needed $$$ to play in the US market. I found out from my broker that Spore's MAS wanted to dissuade Sporeans from directly investing in the US. That is why this broker house only accepted clients with $$$.

Obviously the PAP wanted Sporeans to invest via unit trusts which have overheads charged annually. The PAP also allowed Sporeans to use their CPF to invest in mutual funds. Mutual funds are the worst investment tool because of the annual fees. I watched for 10 years before giving up on mutual funds :frown:

Nowadays Sporeans have more options to invest. However Spore is an expensive place. If one wants the cheapest brokerage costs, one should avoid any brokerage houses located in Spore. I have an account with ThinkorSwim in Spore & I don't expect them to offer free trades because of their overheads in Spore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You paid 30% withholding tax for your US dividend?

I usually invest in bluechips. Like Buffet I believe in holding for the long term.

Read somewhere that those who flip stocks don't make as much $ as holding long term. Have held some of my Apple stocks for 16+ years.
I still own the Malaysian stocks I bought during the CLOB days.

They now all pay me a regular dividends. I just treat the 30% withholding tax as part of the overheads. That is why I no longer trade in Spore with it's high fees.
The 30% withholding fee applies to investments in US & Malaysian shares.

For those who like to flip shares they should take a look into the options market.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u buy unit trust u are a fucking idiot.

The annual management fee and the fact that you have very little control on your investment direction is a killer.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I 1st started looking at investing in Spore there were few options available other than mutual funds(unit trusts). This was what Spore banks were pushing decades ago. Back then Sporeans did not have access to the internet because the PAP limited it only to a few.

It was when I started working for an MNC that I had access to the internet & got an Etrade trading account. Without the internet the only other option was to get a broker which traded US stocks. I did get have such a broker but one needed $$$ to play in the US market. I found out from my broker that Spore's MAS wanted to dissuade Sporeans from directly investing in the US. That is why this broker house only accepted clients with $$$.

Obviously the PAP wanted Sporeans to invest via unit trusts which have overheads charged annually. The PAP also allowed Sporeans to use their CPF to invest in mutual funds. Mutual funds are the worst investment tool because of the annual fees. I watched for 10 years before giving up on mutual funds :frown:

Nowadays Sporeans have more options to invest. However Spore is an expensive place. If one wants the cheapest brokerage costs, one should avoid any brokerage houses located in Spore. I have an account with ThinkorSwim in Spore & I don't expect them to offer free trades because of their overheads in Spore.
Johnny I'm sure you've heard that Warren has won his long bets on this exact premise. That over a long the long term a low fee ETFs will outperform any mutual/funds due to fees charged by them. Its unfortunate that Singapore don't want people to invest in the US. I'm lucky that VTS can be brought on the market freely here. Some of my colleague also got US shares via comsec I believe. Of all this testing/exams/studies happening in Singapore. I don't see anyone there teaching people how to do financial investment. I always gets FB feeds about some "money" guru having some talks in Singapore. And they all are talking CRAP! yet people are paying money to attend their "seminar". What a lot of BS.

http://blog.longnow.org/02018/02/09/warren-buffett-wins-million-dollar-long-bet/

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Much much worse my friend. We we eyeing the market after lky died. Banks increased by 5 dollars instead. Its all fixing

People should ask why Sporeans are often victims of scams. I think it is because the PAP has failed to develop the local investment scene. In fact I think they actively dissuade it.

They prefer to keep the masses ignorant & dependant on the PAP. The schemes they encourage are those which benefit the banks & so called experts which will siphon $ from users. That is why you see people putting their $ in fixed deposits, low performing mutual funds, ... or putting money into Temasek:eek:

There are many options out there e.g. dividend paying shares, index funds, .... etc.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
J... I'm lucky that VTS can be brought on the market freely here. Some of my colleague also got US shares via comsec I believe. Of all this testing/exams/studies happening in Singapore. I don't see anyone there teaching people how to do financial investment. I always gets FB feeds about some "money" guru having some talks in Singapore. And they all are talking CRAP! yet people are paying money to attend their "seminar". What a lot of BS.

http://blog.longnow.org/02018/02/09/warren-buffett-wins-million-dollar-long-bet/

Don't forget about the courses that teach how to invest in forex:tongue:

I never took any courses but have lost a lot of $$$ playing the forex market. My road is one of trial & error. The road to investment success is not always smooth when you have no one to guide you.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah i dont touch forex at all. Doesnt justify the risks. And any reputable brokerage trades in america. Comsec is not as common actually

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget about the courses that teach how to invest in forex:tongue:

I never took any courses but have lost a lot of $$$ playing the forex market. My road is one of trial & error. The road to investment success is not always smooth when you have no one to guide you.
Lol, yah and forex investment. Saw a couple of my friends going big on that as well. After a few months, did not even hear a sound from them about forex anymore. The only forex I played was via VTS, its pegged to USD and I was predicting AUD will fall so I brought it at that point. Hey, is there any reason why people in Singapore could "invest" easier in forex then say shares? Forex not regulated as heavily?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.... Hey, is there any reason why people in Singapore could "invest" easier in forex then say shares? Forex not regulated as heavily?

I don't know about others but I was giving it a try back in 2007 when it was hot. Some Indonesian friends showed me how simple it was. Back then there were Indonesian brokers offering it. I used various US companies but after making losses I stopped doing forex. Forex is deceptively easy but really hard to beat the big banks who have the liquidity to influence the market.

A few years later it was being offered in Spore. However to open a Spore forex account it was difficult to do because of the rules, regulations, & high minimum $ requirements.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset