• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY: Without PAP Singapore is Finished!

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think "your fathers and sons will become coolies" sounds better. Reminiscent of the olden days. Soon Singapore will become a country of maids and coolies. :biggrin:
The nation already is made up of coolies, just that we're better attired. I could be wrong, but my idea of the term "coolies" means, toiling & labouring yet not feasibly making ends meet, while assets that they hold on to, do not belong to them.

The nation factually is forced into overspending, paying a lot more than the prices that are tagged to. e.g.: the roof over the head is LEASED for 99yrs (or less), the vehiclular entitlement for 10yrs (or less) - while the daily running costs of shuttling in & out of the work place is ridiculously high, the prices of necessities are largely priced higher than they should too.

The concept of subsidy is technically a hoax as well. The prices of education, medical services hiked, and they throw in some grants, rebates, subsidies, so to deceive & comfort the people into believing that we're well taken care of. Very much similiar to most business concepts; where retail prices are jacked up, and they mark down, flashing "SALE" or "DISCOUNT" or buy 2nd item for "XX% less".

To put it across in harsher perspective, all combined could possibly be phrased as "genocide".

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The nation already is made up of coolies, just that we're better attired. I could be wrong, but my idea of the term "coolies" means, toiling & labouring yet not feasibly making ends meet, while assets that they hold on to, do not belong to them.

Yes come to think of it, we sinkingporeans are just another class of coolies more like high class coolies...

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes come to think of it, we sinkingporeans are just another class of coolies more like high class coolies...
I think high class is a wrong word to use. Back in the 19th century when early migrants & coolies came to toil in this swamp infested island, those coolies were poor but majority of them were not in debt. Those days, debits either on par with credits, or if they are thrifty, the credits actually accumulated.

Today, anybody who "owns" a roof over the head, or personal transport be it 2 or 4 wheels, are actually in debts. Those who have been conned into realizing the Singaporean Dream, where they "own" the Cs - Condo, Car, Credit Cards etc. are technically working their neck off for the banks. After the debits for loans & financial liabilities, the nett income may work out to be minimal or nothing at all.

So, although it all looks good on the surface, that people have something to smile about, actually is carving a big frown inside. I feel, the people today are worse off than the coolies of olden days.

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
hwo to make sure nothing go wrong to PAP? hw to make sure no corrupt? we got mouth bt no have voice ley. we open mouth, they think we fart from mouth. they raise GST also no need consult us? they make ERP also no need consult us? we complain ERP make life tougher, they lagi more happy build more ERP. everything they say, we got no say ley.

correct, how to make sure nothing go wrong with pap? we've no voice and the media is also monopolized by them.