• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY: Without PAP Singapore is Finished!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sense LHL is under pressure to perform at this NDP rally more so than others apart from perhaps his very first one. Ho Ching might well be taking out the whip and red bull:biggrin:

Bro, I have gone thru his NDP speeches and except for the Mee Siam Mai Hum caper, the others are dry, bland and below average even for a convocation ceremony in a junior collage. Nothing stands out.

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP stablised the economy in singapore,, we must have opposition, so that the PAP will not think they are always right. We as singaporeans have the right to who to vote in the election.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP stablised the economy in singapore,, we must have opposition, so that the PAP will not think they are always right. We as singaporeans have the right to who to vote in the election.
When I see comments like yours I am delighted to join this forum. Your points are dead straight right and it is simple as that. And you said it all in few lines.

RascalFlatts

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY's perpetual scare tactics are ridiculous and smacks of insecurity. I guess he really wants to make maximum effort that PAP will continue to be voted in by meek sinkies before he steps into grave.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course there is talent to form a division 1 oppo govt. Except that at the present stage, with SDP's childish behaviour, WP's silence, SDA's "do they exist" status, NSP "who are you" status, and RP's "ready to fight but with what" attitude, the opposition is hard in any position. Neither is the ruling party.

ALL PARTIES HAVE FAILED SINGAPOREANS.

I agree totally that the current political parties especially the opposition have failed miserably. They are unable to take advantage of the current situation to voice out the real problems faced by Singaporeans. Instead they make a fool of themselves esp CJS monkey crap king.

I do hope that the opposition is listening and try to groom potential good candidates for the next election to put up a good fight against the PAP. As per their logo, the PAP do need a lightning strike to keep them on their toes.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Important to have Div I team in Government

Mr Lee, a founder of the People's Action Party, saved for last his thoughts on its future: 'If ever the PAP goes corrupt, weak, it's finished. You will have to look for a new team, and a new party. That will be very difficult. So just watch and make sure nothing goes wrong with the PAP.'

If someone like Durai were to take over PAP, Singapore will be finished as there is no way that S'poreans can democratically change the PAP in a general election.

PAP apologists will be quick to reassure us that the selection criteria are very stringent and only top brains and those with good character, integrity and competence will be selected.

This misses the point that however good the intentions are, however stringent and well designed the criteria are, there is absolutely no way to stop a person from changing from good to bad. Durai may well have started off in NKF with enthusiasm and altruism but alas, corruptive concentrated power finally won him over and the temptations to abuse the power bestowed on him was too much for him to resist.

A strong two party state is definitely a safer bet for Sinapore in the long run.

Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Without Singapore PAP is also Finished!!"

that the scums are fully aware of, that is why they are rushing to replace us sinkingporeans with foreign trash and granting them shitizenshit liberally....this foreign trash are ever so grateful to them and their vote is secured in the pocket at least for the next erection to come...

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow,MM Lee is asking sinkies to play GOD.Help PAP stay ion power forever.

"Mr Lee, a founder of the People's Action Party, saved for last his thoughts on its future: 'If ever the PAP goes corrupt, weak, it's finished. You will have to look for a new team, and a new party. That will be very difficult. So just watch and make sure nothing goes wrong with the PAP.'"

Got such thing meh?I dont think so,I think his brain is not wroking well,that is why.

This is a classic sympton of an old but aged 85 years old man running a country.
hwo to make sure nothing go wrong to PAP? hw to make sure no corrupt? we got mouth bt no have voice ley. we open mouth, they think we fart from mouth. they raise GST also no need consult us? they make ERP also no need consult us? we complain ERP make life tougher, they lagi more happy build more ERP. everything they say, we got no say ley.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of late they have been coming out and reiterating to the public on good governance, this is clear sign that they are getting cold feet with the public discontent over their inaction so all the price increase...
hw do they know ppl nt happy? simple, go round HDB estate this mth see hw many ppl got hang flag.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY's perpetual scare tactics are ridiculous and smacks of insecurity. I guess he really wants to make maximum effort that PAP will continue to be voted in by meek sinkies before he steps into grave.
recently the emperor wake up from his dream, now he say its good to have more opposition in parliamen to keep the ruling party in check. bt then ppl must still b smart to vote the right party into powr mah.

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal
To vote anything but top quality into office could lead to, among others, job losses and falling property prices, he added.

He forgot his famous phrase - “Vote in the opposition and your mothers and sisters will become maids”.

A

americanidol

PAP is good. i want to vote for them but everytime walkover

No_Voice

'They say: 'Oh let's have different parties change and be in charge of Government.' Is it that simple?

Australian had changed their John Howard Led Government for 11 years after defeat by Kevin Rudd. It was a ruling party's 4th worst defeat in history. Their defeat is due to the unpopular policies in Iraqi and the refusal to sign the Climate agreement Kyoto Protocol.

Our ruling PAP seem falling deaf ears to the people's voices........ The just want to make us think we have not brains and forgotten that their power lies with our votes. Therefore PAP intro unfair election policies liked GRCs to form "Walk Over Government"

It was all these factors and risks, he said, that those calling for more opposition did not understand.

'They say: 'Oh let's have different parties change and be in charge of Government.' Is it that simple?

'We know that Singapore wants opposition to check the PAP. We'll find a way to have more voices inside the assembly, but not at the risk of voting in a Div 2 or 3 Government.'

We also know we have no voice in issues such as ERP charges at many places to maintain the vehicle speed? Yesterday was going to Chinatown and realised that ERP had increased and the timing also extended to 8pm instead of 7pm previously........ Take a walk to the newly open China town hawker centre and you'll realised that there are many empty shops at 1st floor not opened for business. So whose fault? Not government's but our own because we need a good government to lead us where to walk because PAP believe we do not what is best for own.

Remember 66.6% during last election at AMK GRC?

Last edited: