• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lky is turning 2 B a LIABILITY by his insensitive remarks of Muslims

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
How will LHL and the govt react 2 another fiasco created by his father,lky.

........................................................................................................

Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 29, 2011

Muslim groups query MM's remarks

AMP asks Govt to clarify whether it shares views on community
By Zakir Hussain

Copies of MM Lee's book on display in an MPH bookstore in Kuching. Elsewhere in Malaysia, leading bookstores in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Malacca, Johor Baru and Miri are stocking the book. -- PHOTO: MPH

THE Association of Muslim Professionals (AMP) on Friday called on the Government to clarify whether it shared the thinking behind Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's recently published comments on the Muslim community.

In a strongly worded statement, the independent self-help group said: 'Otherwise, the perception will be that the comments expressed by MM Lee, as a core member of the Cabinet, reflect the official position of the Government.'

Mr Lee's remarks are from the book Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths To Keep Singapore Going, launched on Jan 21.

Among his remarks: 'Muslims socially do not cause any trouble, but they are distinct and separate.' Asked what Muslims could do to integrate, he said: 'Be less strict on Islamic observances and say, 'Okay, I'll eat with you.''

]He also said Malays would never close the gap in educational attainments with the Indians and Chinese, 'because as they improve, the others also improve'.

'That's a fact of life,' he added.

Read the full story in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.

[email protected]

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is JBJ or Chee Soon Juan making these remarks,... they will be charged for sedition or other pertinent clauses in the Penal Code.....

Lky is digging a hole for himself and loong and his govt will have 2 face the music from the Muslim fraternity.

Last edited:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont like LKY but this time i have to agree with him, working with malay community for the past 20 yrs, i think i have the same feeling and not only feel but have seen the real situation.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont like LKY but this time i have to agree with him, working with malay community for the past 20 yrs, i think i have the same feeling and not only feel but have seen the real situation.

Even if you agree with LKY's sentiments would you go around broadcasting it:confused:

LKY could have done it while he was still PM of Spore. Now that he is MM, isn't his role to 'mentor ministers'. why isn't he mentoring instead of going around shooting off his mouth:confused:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

So since you have first hand experience about what LKY was talking about, why don't you list it here the things that Muslims can actually do to integrate and be less strict. And how doing so will help.

Should you find that difficult to do, please consider the possibility that your beliefs to be a figment of your imagination, far removed from the truth and what is actually happening on the ground.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... THE Association of Muslim Professionals (AMP) on Friday called on the Government to clarify whether it shared the thinking behind Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's recently published comments on the Muslim community ...
ya, man! ...

ah loon shud stop hiding n cum clean wif it ... :mad:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
How will LHL and the govt react 2 another fiasco created by his father,lky.

........................................................................................................

Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 29, 2011

Muslim groups query MM's remarks

AMP asks Govt to clarify whether it shares views on community
By Zakir Hussain

Copies of MM Lee's book on display in an MPH bookstore in Kuching. Elsewhere in Malaysia, leading bookstores in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Malacca, Johor Baru and Miri are stocking the book. -- PHOTO: MPH

THE Association of Muslim Professionals (AMP) on Friday called on the Government to clarify whether it shared the thinking behind Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's recently published comments on the Muslim community.

In a strongly worded statement, the independent self-help group said: 'Otherwise, the perception will be that the comments expressed by MM Lee, as a core member of the Cabinet, reflect the official position of the Government.'

Mr Lee's remarks are from the book Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths To Keep Singapore Going, launched on Jan 21.

Among his remarks: 'Muslims socially do not cause any trouble, but they are distinct and separate.' Asked what Muslims could do to integrate, he said: 'Be less strict on Islamic observances and say, 'Okay, I'll eat with you.''

]He also said Malays would never close the gap in educational attainments with the Indians and Chinese, 'because as they improve, the others also improve'.

'That's a fact of life,' he added.

Read the full story in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.

[email protected]

Whatever remark LKY makes, no matter if its good or bad, as long as its about malays or muslims, our neighbours will make noise and claim it to be insensitive. In fact, even if its thr truth, people will still say its insensitive.

I have no issue on what LKY said because in my own observation, its quite true.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This observation is not exactly true. Islam doesn't forbid Muslims from eating together with non-Muslims. It only require Muslims to eat halal food. I've been eating at the same table with Muslim friends, not a problem. Sometimes we all eat the same foods, i.e. all-halal. Sometimes the non-Muslims like me eat different and non-halal foods, not a problem too.

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This observation is not exactly true. Islam doesn't forbid Muslims from eating together with non-Chinese. It only require Muslims to eat halal food. I've been eating at the same table with Muslim friends, not a problem. Sometimes we all eat the same foods, i.e. all-halal. Sometimes the non-Muslims like me eat different and non-halal foods, not a problem too.

Agree.

Always eat brani rice with Saimee ..... no problemo binya ....:o:eek:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old man is just speaking the truth about fanatic Islam purist.
Think about it, if you say something that is not so nice about any other religion, you can still carry on as you are. Maybe some small protest here and there and some criticisms that's all.

But if you speak ill of Islam, you can be sure of serious death threats and angry and violent mob protest from Muslims almost everywhere. Ya right, Islam is a religion of peace. More like religion of pieces.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IEkelAsmcf4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are the sick strict Muslim old man is referring to.
Lucky we don't have that in Singapore yet.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sLYlfSrAF2E" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are the sick strict Muslim old man is referring to.
Lucky we don't have that in Singapore yet.

You'll always find fanatics world wide but wasn't LKY directing his opinions to the local muslims:confused:

If he's talking about pakistani, middle eastern,... fanatics, why is he so free to dabble in world affairs:confused:

If he's got nothing better else to do he should be putting the spurs on the lazy, non-performing PAP MPs like his son:mad:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You'll always find fanatics world wide but wasn't LKY directing his opinions to the local muslims:confused:

If he's talking about pakistani, middle eastern,... fanatics, why is he so free to dabble in world affairs:confused:

If he's got nothing better else to do he should be putting the spurs on the lazy, non-performing PAP MPs like his son:mad:

That's why old man tell local Muslims to be less strict. If not they will turn out like these fuckers. Didn't we already have Mas Selamat? How do you know that he is the only one? There may be more hiding and waiting to grow more strict Muslims.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You're a racist. I'm very sorry to say this but you're a racist.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why old man tell local Muslims to be less strict. If not they will turn out like these fuckers. Didn't we already have Mas Selamat? How do you know that he is the only one? There may be more hiding and waiting to grow more strict Muslims.

Cannot say like this lah. Racist and offensive you know. :rolleyes: Remember only say good things about them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP has been in power for 50+ years & now after all these years LKY comes out with his little speech.:eek: I would call it stirring the pot.

As for the Mas Selamat case I suspect his anger was directed at the PAP's policy of allying with the US. If I remember correctly the planned target was the Yishun MRT station, a station used by american sailors. So the targets were american sailors & not to kill civilians.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for the Mas Selamat case I suspect his anger was directed at the PAP's policy of allying with the US. If I remember correctly the planned target was the Yishun MRT station, a station used by american sailors. So the targets were american sailors & not to kill civilians.

Just becos he not happy with PAP and US, he want to blow up people? Didn't his religion taught him to be peaceful? Oh, I forgot, Islam is a religion of pieces.

Also, why was he angry with USA? You sure there is nothing to do with his Muslim brothers outside of Singapore? THINK!