• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about Buy land and build...

My neighbour at ST bought a corner lot. HE then demolished greater than 70% of his structure and had it rebuilt as per his style.

My gosh.... What a waste i thought?

But who am i to question?

Right?

He altered almost everything in his home.

He could have just bought land and built a fresh new bungalow on it.

HE could have possibly got bigger land, cheaper price and could have built a palace as well.

Hi Rhino

Sounds like the best option for your bf is to buy land and build. Why not rent a place for a start? You could then understand the locality better and decide if you really want to build a house here. If Leisure Farm is not good for you, then it will have to be Ledang Heights. You can purchase this through subsale as developer has managed to sell off the entire area. Market price should be between RM60 - RM70 psf.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi is it battery operated? LED or normal lights?

These days LED lights in fashion. But i really hate LEDs. I just like the plain old Edison Filament Lamps with their yellow lights. So majestic warm and romantic.

Anyway back to the sensor lights. How much do they cost Wuqi? I may need a couple of them.

Guys, for those who have older folks, you can get the Philips type of sensor lights at Homefix at places like Thomson Plaza. It turns on when you are going to walk or walking past so that even if there is a power trip, they won't need to worry about lights.

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Euphony, since my bf (oh yes btw he is bigfatfish here, I intoduced him to this awesome forum!) is keen to buy land to build house, maybe HH is out. Like what Prof said, I thought it is a bit wasteful too to tear down house/structure, so might as well build one from scratch.

Hey Fairies, I share the same sentiments with you regarding LH.
Do you have any contact/agent or other info for us in considering land purchase at LH?
I only saw advert and it costs about RM 1Mil to purchase 20,000 sq feet of land there.
If we ever buy it, my bf would like to sell off half of the land as we don't need so big a land. Not sure if this works in LH?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Year of Tiger Just like me... I like....Regal....

Yeah i cant believe how the price shot up at ST. I just could not believe it. Sometimes i wonder is this price hike justified?

Alexandra DCube is a nice design. Yeah i am in Alexandra Avenue.

The concept of Setia Eco Gardens was fantastic. It is designed along the lines of Setia Eco Park in KL.

Hi Tiger Prof..
Actually been driving up north for last couple of years for petrol & grocery.
My colleague who bought a unit in Kempas Utama said that his fren got a unit in ST in 2007/8 for less than 200K for double storey terrace.. (Not sure if its with bumi discount though)

Yup Dcube looks great but I was contented with SEG as it fits my objective ok..

Btw, where is the address of your fav money changer in bukit indah.. need to change for partial loan redemption.. :wink:

Cheers

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice Alexandre D Cube is a lot less expensive per sq foot as compared to the rest on their website. Don't know whether its updated price or not. May I know how much have you bought it for?

Hi Prof,
Yup, dead giveaway.. born in 74..
I thought most guys will have abbreviations like HH, EL, LH & ST.. (yup.. ST for Setia Tropika)
Though SEG sounds more short form for segamat than Setia Eco Gardens..

Cathy is right.. (Mezzo for the double storey garage homes)
Eco Garden is riding on the success of Eco Park using the similar concept, they say that ard 11% of the entire development will be occupied by greens hence the eco garden theme..

Initially wanted to get dictyo rave but its sold out for foreigners, Alexandre d_cube is more expensive than the available units in SEG then..

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here

I've been struggling to read the whole thread and i suppose i've done maybe only 10% of it. It's really long but really nice read. Thanks to Wuqi for starting such a great thread here. Really appreciate that you spent the time and effort to contribute so much over here.

I've stayed overseas for many years before heading back to Sinkeland for the last 4 years plus and I think it has sucked a lot of my energy out also my blood as well! I'm a bit sick and tired of their nonsense. I long missed the space I have enjoyed overseas.

I only need half that size to build a dream home. I do not like the designs at HH, I like the idea at LF but not allowed to alter a lot of stuff. I would really love to design and build a nice home. It's hard work but it's memory of a life time.

Anyway I have a question that has pondering in my mind, Ledang heights land 20,000 sq ft. Has anyone or would it be possible to buy and only utilize half the land and sell off this other half or split it with someone?

Looking forward to hear from all the bros and experts here. I'm open to all positive and negative critics on how possible it would be to acheive this.

Warmest regards

BFF

Hi BFF
I am not sure if it is possible to subdivide your plot for sale but i could imagine a lot of bureaucracy (+ possibly costs) involved, hence why don't you monitor for a plot of your ideal size? I am pretty sure there are 10,000 sft plots although in terms of psf it might be slightly higher.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Rhino,
Are you sure LH land minimum 1 mil? I just bought a land in LH complete with a 5+1 room bungalow for only 1.3 mil, and a friend of mine bought his for 1.2 mil. Don't just compare land price as it is, but check its size also (psf).

I surveyed LF myself few times before LH, almost bought a house there. Although LF general maintenance of its environment and overall estate is much better compared to LH, I decided to not go for LF due to its strata land status compared to LH clear freehold status. This is in addition to the access road, coz for people like me who go to work in Singapore every day the short time taken to reach CIQ from home is important.

Another factor is the facilities development around Lh and EL area, esp with the Anjung shopping complex up & ready, plus a huge supermarket opening before end of the year. A convenience indeed.

Just my 2 cent worth. Others and I can give our views, but the end of the day, listen to your heart. Best luck on whichever choice you'll make.

Hi Fairies
The bungalow plots at Leisure Farm should be similarly FH titled and not strata titled... strata titled applies only to Bayou Water Village and Pingiran Bayou i believe

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about Buy land and build...

My neighbour at ST bought a corner lot. HE then demolished greater than 70% of his structure and had it rebuilt as per his style.

My gosh.... What a waste i thought?

But who am i to question?

Right?

He altered almost everything in his home.

He could have just bought land and built a fresh new bungalow on it.

HE could have possibly got bigger land, cheaper price and could have built a palace as well.

Exactly, i have seen quite a few people almost rebuilding their house and i thought what an utter waste. But in most of these instances, i think they do not want to get anything bigger. One chap in NI bought a 3000 sft land corner unit... he basically "doubled" the size of the house and built to the brim of the land

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pasir Ris: Posted on 31 Oct 2010
Fatal stabbing at Downtown East: Police arrest 4 suspects
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...omes_crime_scene_in_possible_murder_case.html

Bukit Panjang: Posted on 09 Nov 2010
Youths shout 'sah lak kau' as they slash 20 bystanders with parangs
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...as_they_slash_20_bystanders_with_parangs.html

Sounds like the JB youths are taking their cue from the Singapore gangs from the recent acts above, as reported in Stomp.

Is unfortunate to the person who got chased by a mob. By all means what the mob did was not right . However is a one-sided story. At 330am, is foreseeable some gang leader got pissed off by some action of the victim and lost face and reacted the way they did. I am just glad no one got hurt ... although there were reports or rumours of a pedestrian being hit that triggered it? Sounds like another familiar recent Singapore incident but with a different ending..

Lets just exercise caution, humility & common sense as one would anywhere , including Geylang at such odd hours...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Fairies
Did you purchase the land with a ready plan to build the house? For the benefit of those who are not familiar, am i right to say, one would need to submit the land+house plan in order to obtain any form of financing?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi the rental in EL and HH Semi-Ds ( SD ) range from RM 5000 to RM 13000. I got a feeling that since the beginning of the year, two main factors have pushed up the sale/rental price and is still pushing.

1) The Spore government rule on 60% loan for 2nd property onwards have caused many investors to look into Nusajaya.
2) The Staits Time article which has prompted many people with a little itch to move to JB have spurred them to Horizon Hills, EL etc.

I am waiting for Malaysia government to change the rule again and allow us to get a 80-90% loan for our 3rd investment on houses. Then many will push up the prices further.

Recently i noticed a few launches being delayed.
Bayou Creek was meant to be launched in May but now they tell me it is July.
Nusa Idaman semi-D meant to be launched in August but now they tell me maybe next year.

I supposed it is good the developers are careful about releasing too much housing into the market in a short span of time. On the other hand they are happy to create a pent-up demand to ensure good sales. You think they will relax the 3rd unit financing?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a couple of people questioning me thus:

1) If you want to buy in JB why dun you buy in Spore? Spore better what? So convenient
2) IF you want to invest in JB, why JB? No better place to invest ah? Spore is still the best place to invest!
3) What returns can you get in JB if ever? How long you must wait for your returns? In Spore in less than a year can see capital appreciation?
4)Aiyo JB change rules all the time. Spore more consistent

for me i bought me it maybe to retire or maybe to escape out of Spore and spend time with my precious family. If i was in spore even during the weekends i would be working during the weekends as well... So this IM home has helped me put an end to the constant working.

Well said Prof, well said...

Hi Prof, Cath, Wuqi,
We know these naysayers are missing the point or just knowing but plain envy. The JB primary investment is for our own lifestyle of bigger personal freehold space (whether for daily, weekend, holidays or retirement), better standard of living, allowing the kids to experience things not possible otherwise, eg letting off fireworks or planting fruit trees in the front yard, stretching the retirement money, lower the blood pressure, ultimately a better longer life. Is no accident that the Gov is tying up with the Malaysia side to develop a Wellness Area in Nusajaya ...

Secondary prop investment in JB for those who can afford are for passive income when the EduCity & SILC & Medini, etc takes off, and capital appreciation (property a good source of hedge against inflation).

More bang for buck. Singapore prices are being driven by 'mickey mouse' shoebox apartments and I think no one can live in such places long term. I surely cannot. One fine day in maybe 15 years, I will not be surprised to see millions of retiring Singaporeans (thus increasing demand even more) living in JB as landlords milking rental income from their Singapore investments from the single / childless FTs. Those who invested early would have by then made multiples of their original investment (and for just a taste I exemplify like those who came in even 2 years earlier would have made a lot already).

Wuqi remains the gold standard (you the man!) - I am still working on parental validation . No risk no gain. Better now than to be an old prune complaining when missed the boat.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice Alexandre D Cube is a lot less expensive per sq foot as compared to the rest on their website. Don't know whether its updated price or not. May I know how much have you bought it for?

Hi Cathy,
Not sure if your query is meant for AP instead since I am in SEG.
If my memory did not fail me, the quote given was ard 370K for Dcube while the i in got is ard 280K. Think website price is not accurate as you have to ask the sales executive to confirm.

I remember for the price of a 20x70 Setia Bukit Indah was more expensive than my unit which was 22x75. However these prices are indicative & back in Sep 2009.

Cheers

whiteoak

Alfrescian
Loyal

whiteoak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go for neither, go for local banks if you can, i think well of HSBC in SG but in JB, its Hi Sir, Buay Chye?
Some of their learned people told friends i introduced to them that foreigners cannot buy shops and
houses in Johore. Made some of my friends pissed off and myself very malu.

Their people frankly CMI. SCB is better but they offer Klibor mainly. I will go to other banks unless you are really keen on them.
We really don't need to go to banks we know in SG as the local banks here stand to lose more than you

Thanks again!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy,
Not sure if your query is meant for AP instead since I am in SEG.
If my memory did not fail me, the quote given was ard 370K for Dcube while the i in got is ard 280K. Think website price is not accurate as you have to ask the sales executive to confirm.

I remember for the price of a 20x70 Setia Bukit Indah was more expensive than my unit which was 22x75. However these prices are indicative & back in Sep 2009.

Cheers

280k? You got a very good price, so envious of your timing! :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
rm$499 if you want it concealed. this price include 1 keypad, 1 siren, 2 door contact and 1 motion sensor with installation. i got another motion sensor free as i manage to get 3 ball dart on target. for cctv i suggest you install separately. CCTV must be for you too see at any time via mobile phone or laptop. ADT will monitor for you via alarm from door contact, motion sensor. If they call you to verify an alarm, you may go and view your CCTV

Thanks, echanbonfire. 3 ball dart on target, not easy to get huh. Btw can provide the contact number for ADT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.