• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
theorectically, there is no difference between Sing water and JB water. Afterall we are the ones that treat their raw water and sell it back to them. The difference lies in the pipes that pipe the water to our estates. In Sing, we change our pipes every few years....can't say the same for JB.

that said, in Sing i also do not drink direct from the taps becos there is loads of chlorine present in the water. i will filter it before drinking but definitely no boiling for me...

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me :wink: From the way things are turning out, looks like you, Wuqi, lastresort, HorizonHills, myself etc are lucky on this investment.

Yup. I really salute those who took the plunge when nusajaya/BI was still plantation-y. I am the lucky one with so many trailblazers like you all, it isn't considered a risk anymore. Just read, learn and make some calculated decisions.

Now, Wuqi is running ahead already with a local business. Once again, he is paving the way for us. A beacon of light. A lantern under the full moon. :wink:

Happy Mid-autumn festival every one!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe I should clarify my question.

I was curious as to whether filtered water is used for all household uses. Such as washing the car?

Ya. Somehow I feel that the sediments in the water will scratch the car surface paint. Also will affect the clothes. When I use it to wash the interior floor I don't feel clean at all. Feels a little sticky and became dusty faster. Just my personal view. Better to be on the safe side.

Or is it limited to only water coming into human contact e.g. brushing teeth, bathing, & showering? Or is it only for cooking & washing dishes:confused

Just for cooking and drinking, as well as for washing of vegetables and food, I had another with 6 filter fixed onto the kitchen tap. That one is a bonus for a health purposes.

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alright, it's time for a boost of confidence for all you JB property owners!

Lastest report by HwangDBS Vickers Research, also featured on The Edge (with my special highlights, of course)

After reading it, how many of you feel your spirits invigorated and wanting pop the champagne? :wink:

Btw, I just got a call from the sales from PH Imperia about 3 minutes ago. According to him 57 units have been taken up, and he has one last 3BR facing harbour on the 10th floor. Anyone interested can check it out. Sales pitch or fact, you've to decide for yourself. :smile:

A link to my Puteri Harbour post a month ago.

One follow-up story by a Vickers Analyst. He mentioned something about 2012. Hmmm.... that's pretty soon huh? :wink:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup. I really salute those who took the plunge when nusajaya/BI was still plantation-y. I am the lucky one with so many trailblazers like you all, it isn't considered a risk anymore. Just read, learn and make some calculated decisions.

Now, Wuqi is running ahead already with a local business. Once again, he is paving the way for us. A beacon of light. A lantern under the full moon. :wink:

With 4 units in HH, Wuqi is on his way to be a multi-millionaire even without his biz in Johor.
By the time he becomes a multi-millionaire, the name of this thread can be changed to "How to be a multi-millionaire?"

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
One follow-up story by a Vickers Analyst. He mentioned something about 2012. Hmmm.... that's pretty soon huh? :wink:

This is very exciting, I am definitely looking forward to 2012. I believe even if property prices in Singapore and KL correct, Iskandar properties might not follow suit, it will be affected a little somewhat, maybe a little slow increase in take up, but overall, prices in general will still go up in the longer term, this is because of the low base where it started from and it has attracted many long term unprecedented major investments. It is probably in a market of its own. This 2012 tipping point is a very important year because it will determine the continual success of Iskandar. Iskandar is definitely doing well in absorbing the spill over effects from Singapore, already most hotels in JB are fully booked prior to the F1 season in Singapore. If things go well, we can expect more top class investors like Temasek to come.

I've also gotten news from various salesmen that developers are increasing prices. Horizon Hills Superlinks new phrase at The Hills, Imperia condo at Puteri Habour.

I was quoted around 610+K for a 22nd floor 813 sqf unit at Imperia (no marina view), registered 2 units (free registration) but did not turn up when they invited us to their invitation launch. Had to give up even after knowing prices will be increased by 14% after the weekend launch (kinda spoilt the market price of that 2 units because we did not intend to buy). For that same unit, price has increased to RM 856.60 psf. I know for a little more, I can easily get a resale studio unit across the road from Petronas Twin Towers. That is one of the reasons I told the salesgirl, but she told me people would still choose to invest here because the roads at KLCC are too congested and that Puteri Habour prices have reached KLCC level. (I think she can do better at explaining) :biggrin:. Saw quite a few Singaporeans and Ang Mohs viewing the show units the last time we went.

Over at HH, we were told non residents are not allowed to enter the hills precinct. Even the salesmen are not permitted to enter the entire precinct (sales executives cannot view what they are selling). So those who are interested in the units there now can only view the brochures given by the salesmen.

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
With 4 units in HH, Wuqi is on his way to be a multi-millionaire even without his biz in Johor.
By the time he becomes a multi-millionaire, the name of this thread can be changed to "How to be a multi-millionaire?"

Investor Bro, I think just like Bro Wuqi, you are on your way to become a multi millionaire as well. =) both of you have shown us it can be done without any subsidies and at very young age.

A few Singapore Billionaires also made it big in Malaysia before moving back to Singapore. So it can be done.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use a system that use volcanic ash to filter for the whole house for washing and another which has 6 filters for drinking water and cooking.Personally I find that water in JB has lotsa sediments which is worse then those you get from tap water in Singapore. Proberly due to the old pipes. Better to be on the safe side.
Hi Cathy, can you share the name/make of both type of filters that you are using. I know your family is top priority so you definitely would found the safetest one around:smile:. Thanks.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi/AP/other forumers, I would like to know when the MACS sticker needs to be renewed, will the custom officers ask questions? Now that we have to scan the passport, they will know that we are staying in JB right? Last time the officer would just see the sticker and then let people go...

Will there be any problems renewing the sticker? If asked about staying here, what should be the right response? Please kindly advice.. When I first got the sticker, nothing was asked...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy, can you share the name/make of both type of filters that you are using. I know your family is top priority so you definitely would found the safetest one around:smile:. Thanks.

I have to got and look for the brouchers at home. Will post it here if I find it. :smile:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great thread ! Been reading this for the past few days.
Anybody know of this new development Setia Eco Cascadia? It is beside Setia Indah.
The cheapest intermediate terrace is about 550k, 22x80 and buildup about 2200sf.
The next bigger model would be 630k, 22x80', 2500sf.
The 550k has been fully pre-booked. I pre-booked the 630k. Booking fee of $1k is fully refundable.

Purpose of purchase is for weekend home, rental in future if possible, and ultimately retirement home.
Also, I believe in the potential for long term appreciation.
Why buy now? I worry in future it may become not so affordable or good locations all taken up.

1. What do you guys think of potential of this area? It is relatively near tebrau City. I heard about it but never been there. Will visit it again this Sunday.
2. Do you know of upcoming launches of terrace units in Nusajaya ? Not semi-d and bungalow. My feeling is there's no more.

One suggestion, from the number of views and popularity of this thread, maybe it's feasible o start a whole new forum for foreigners living in JB. Either a new domain (www.livinginjb.com) or a sub section in sammyboy forum.
So we can have forum for jb property investment, renovations, security, f&b, Internet and tv, education, fishing, transport, etc. Then information would be easier to be found.
Imagine in future a few thousand page threads! How to read them all?;-)

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use a system that use volcanic ash to filter for the whole house for washing and another which has 6 filters for drinking water and cooking.

Personally I find that water in JB has lotsa sediments which is worse then those you get from tap water in Singapore. Proberly due to the old pipes. Better to be on the safe side.

I just bought the Hexagon water filter from Cosway for RM625, need to join membership for RM30. I didn't do much research before buying, there are four filters and it is alkaline water. Saw many Cosway shops in JB and there was a promotion off normal price of Rm690.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe I should clarify my question.

I was curious as to whether filtered water is used for all household uses. Such as washing the car?
Or is it limited to only water coming into human contact e.g. brushing teeth, bathing, & showering? Or is it only for cooking & washing dishes:confused:

Saw at Vivocity Self Fix shop a filter for shower, remove chlorine etc from water. I intend to buy something like that for showering.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where's my earlier post? Anyway I post again here.

Any one heard of Setia Eco Cascadia?
It is beside Setia Indah.
Cheapest terrace early bird price of about $550k. (22x80, 2200sf). All pre-booked already.
Next bigger size is 22x80, 2500sf at $630k. I pre-booked 1 unit at $1k. Fully refundable if I change mind upon official launch.
Buying as weekend home, possible rental in future if possible, and for retirement in long term.

1. What you guys think of this location and price? I know it's near tebrau city but never been there. Would be there this Sunday to take a look at surrounding.My opinion is also that this is more centralized area within the whole IskandarRegion.
2. Any more new terrace launch coming up in Nusajaya? I think it's all semi-d and bigger or condo...
3. They market one selling point that the project is strata-titled. This is supposedly better to prevent owners from not paying maintenance fee. Some legal recourse available to deal with them. Any views on this?

Thanks!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw at Vivocity Self Fix shop a filter for shower, remove chlorine etc from water. I intend to buy something like that for showering.

Do you intend to use it in Spore:confused:

If you are going to get any kind of water purification system you have to consider where to get the replacement filters.
If you google there are many, many sites offering these kinds of filters e.g.
http://www.inspiredliving.com/chloramine-filters/
http://showerfilterstore.com/
http://www.discountjuicers.com/showercompare.html

happybear

My wish is to be able to live at a villa in leisure farm and retire...

Then where I get my income? I rent out HDB Flats and play stocks lol

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just bought the Hexagon water filter from Cosway for RM625, need to join membership for RM30. I didn't do much research before buying, there are four filters and it is alkaline water. Saw many Cosway shops in JB and there was a promotion off normal price of Rm690.

This one I have seen before. But too expensive for the whole house. Just for drinking purpose is ok. :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

eh...I wouldn't buy any water filters in Singapore. Our water is so clean that the water filters sold here is to what I think, not so suitable for JB lah.... :p

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wish is to be able to live at a villa in leisure farm and retire...

Then where I get my income? I rent out HDB Flats and play stocks lol

If I have the money to buy a villa, I would chop it down to smaller portions. Buy as many terrace house/semi-ds as I want. Live in one and rent out the rest! No need such a big house, tired of cleaning lah!.... :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.