• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was munching down dinner and watching this streaming on the web on my laptop. Lots of thoughts running through my head as I watched. Mostly uncomfortable.

Its an expose of STA mobile in the US as a MRO for fleets of airlines and their sloppy work (wait for the pencil whipping description). Drove a chill down my spine.

The trend is deeply pervasive in SG inc. as well where we (or rather the leadership) sought a massive influx of cheap foreign labor as a solution to staying competitive/profitable. Looks good on the books but typical style of rubbish in rubbish out instead of trying to get ahead by innovation and creativity. Which is why SG still has not inked a mandatory requirement for minimum wage.

All these are as suspected affecting us common folk who compete vis a vis these foreign 'talents'. We are fortunate enough to have the resources and perhaps the guts to make the move but how are we preparing our kids for the future? To get a straight A cert in a brand named school and then say it'll qualify them for a better future?

(brains in over drive working to burn out the carbohydrates post-dinner hurhur - please do watch the video if you can in its entirety)

Wow... watched the whole video... sounds scary... I wonder if MAS, SQ, AA or other airlines here do that or not...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing bro Lemans, wow i didn't know she was capable of such bad service as normally she is very respectful to myself and the folks i know. Just got back home and been away as i needed to rush work. So many pages have passed, need to slowly go through and digest.

My wife and I met her too when we visited HH for the 1st time... treated us well enough, although she forgot to update us on The Hills after we told her we wanted corner units. Second time I was there with my friend and wife; she gave decent service too. I told her I bought a corner unit in NI; maybe she felt guilty for forgetting to let me know about The Hills. Can't imagine she would purposely give bad service... but I guess we can't really tell. I guess different people will have different experiences.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros who need printing stuff to be done can get cheap printers like HP ones below 200 RM (Tesco) and get those CISS systems from Jusco to print cheaply.
Only caveat for using systems like these is some of the inks may not be so safe for kids so always check on the ink source or unless you are going to laminate
the printouts. Another thing is to use the system at least once a week.

For folks who are looking at some form of personal safety, pepper spray can be purchased from Tesco at about 14-15 RM. Don't forget to remove them when you are travelling to SG though as these are illegal in SG. You can also get portable alarms to deter against molestors.predators in JB as well as in our SG MRTs cheaply in Tesco.

I did a comparison on the prices of IT stuff in MY & SG and proofed to myself that IT stuff are cheaper in MY after converting the equivalent price in SGD. E.g. I bought a Canon MX357 for RM375 in Low Yat KL, but it is selling for SGD249 in Challenger. Same goes for external hard disk and memory, laptops etc

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again bros, don't pay the agents the 1+1 comms unless you are really renting it for long(more than 1 year). Then again, you can still tell the agent you want to rent for only 1 year and then check in with the landlord directly to extend the rental.

Hi Wuqi or anyone, so the JB market practice is tenant no need to pay commission and landlord pay the commission for rental? How much commission does the landlord need to pay for every one year lease? In Spore, it is usually half month for every 1 year rental paid by landlord.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malay man is here to stay for good.. He doesn't even want his kids in school... He wants to stay in this small shoe box and take care of his kids... Live off the rent from the HDB flat.. Very scared of him also.. He looks very big sized and very fierce..
One other problem is the speed of the internet here is simply too slow... Not possible to use the platforms to trade.. I am using P1... My mum doesn't want me to stay with her, but she wants me back in Singapore, and she is willing to subsidise the rent for me.. So I am unsure what to do now...

Hi bro RT,
I do not mean to be busy body but you did ask for our opinions...

I recall you moved to JB so your dad can stay with you also. But looks like he did not go over? Also if you were planning to do online trading for a living but that is not working out, then what will you live on in JB? And now the neighbour is causing issue.

The way I look at it, Singapore good place to earn money. Hope you continue to choose to continue to stay in JB to stretch the income & better quality of life, then I suggest you speak with your neighbour. After all what to lose? Sometimes people do not realise that noise travels in apartment blocks. Worse case, if he becomes more aggravated, then either you stand your ground with the help of security & nice aunties or look for someplace else. After all you said that you have easy get-out clause. Time to bring out those claws & show those fangs, brother Tiger.

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini is a Leasehold area within Nusajaya. I am not sure of Puteri Harbour.

Best to stick with EL & HH for Freehold that side of town. Near Wellness, Educity, Afiat Health, Jusco (with new cinema:smile:, Legoland, easy-traffic 2nd link, dont see how can go wrong.

If looking for train, then Setia, Austin etc. near Kempas terminal convenient. Then again there is the intracity Iskandar trains, so high chance to have a line thru the 3 official Nusajaya Residences, ie EL & HH & NI, in the future.

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, You've got the wrong person. That's Pooni whose at the golf membership desk. Very nice and helpful person. Prem is upstairs at the sales together with Chris Ho. Either of them are quite helpful. I have dealt with Chris on my purchases. He's knowledgeable and very helpful.

bro, that looks like Prem to me also leh... Prem is the best sales I interacted with in HH so far...
The first time I was there, was served by Ricky and he was really slow at my subsequent questions through email
Bought my unit through Prem in the end.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did a comparison on the prices of IT stuff in MY & SG and proofed to myself that IT stuff are cheaper in MY after converting the equivalent price in SGD. E.g. I bought a Canon MX357 for RM375 in Low Yat KL, but it is selling for SGD249 in Challenger. Same goes for external hard disk and memory, laptops etc

you should buy your electronics from Sim Lim Square.... Low Yat is selling below the MRSP of Canon Malaysia of RM468 while Challenger is following the MRSP of $249 of Canon Singapore.

but yes, Canon printers are priced slightly slower in Malaysia compared to Singapore for older products.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome back to JB bro Abugumgum, thats the spirit! Rather than give up halfway, one should try each road to its end(unless you know 100% sure its a dead end road)

I am happy for you. :smile:

Thank you bro wuqi.
I have a lingering question on the need for a International Driving License in order to drive MY registered car in MY.
Is it ok to drive MY registered car with Singapore Driving License? I am not under MM2H.
Thanks.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have recently checked out the bungalows at East Ledang and the sales is not that fast compared to those Twin Villas. Anyone knows why is this the case? Also no new launches at Horizon Hills for the past few months. At this rate, I wonder when will HH be fully completed given they have another 6-8 more major themes to be launched.

everywhere is launching bungalows and stopped marketing smaller units so buyers are spoilt for choice. also these are not affordable to the common folks in JB with projects asking in excess of 2 mil... currently i think has reached a saturation point before the 2012 completed projects bring in a fresh lot of tenants and settlers. and these houses are plenty too big for the single family really. hmmm...

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow... watched the whole video... sounds scary... I wonder if MAS, SQ, AA or other airlines here do that or not...

think st covers sq. there were reported incidences but all did not attribute to maintenance lapses. dun dare to think too deep about it. juxtapose it to other sgporean companies practicing this and its recipe for disaster.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well... you said it all... they are only helpful because you are a direct neighbour of one of the Gamuda bosses

Wow... are you for real there are people like that? Even then some basic level of service is expected. As for myself who experienced bad service at HH, i can assure you i don't have any of these attributes you cited as purchasing property in JB is not new to me.

Why compare bad service with worse service? HH is a decent grade property and sales exec should have some basic standard

:smile: Chill bro, I also agree some HH sales have bad service and there's no deny. I'm just sharing my experience about some other sales who also provide poor service as there are many forumers here who are not HH residents or buyers.

It's just my general opinion though that i want to share, not stating any sales or buyer in particular, and definitely not saying my fellow forumers here have no experience. :p I'm also learning like everyone and it's good to hear your experience.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, You've got the wrong person. That's Pooni whose at the golf membership desk. Very nice and helpful person. Prem is upstairs at the sales together with Chris Ho. Either of them are quite helpful. I have dealt with Chris on my purchases. He's knowledgeable and very helpful.

Hi Brothers & Sisters...
My family & i have personally dealth with a couple of salespersons in HH. When my dad 1st called to find out about the property, the person on the line referred to salesperson D and make arrangement to see her. But when i personally made the phone enquiry with Prem but becos of prior arrangement made by my dad i had to made the trip there to see D... she was quite alright initially but after that 1st round of showing me ard, i personally find her inexperience thus she shown much doubted in me(thinking i'm just another phony kid, sure wont buy such home). So i left and went back home to discuss whether to make the purchase. Not long after, our transaction was finally done with Chris. I personally also agree with Bro Grago that Chris and Prem are very experience and nice pple. They able to address most of the major doubts. I also understand that they were the pioneer since the project started. Last heard is that Prem is on maternity. In all, i'm thankful to them (Chris, Prem & D). As for the others... no matter how bad they can get.. it only wont deter me since my parents love that place and that matters most! :smile:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last heard is that Prem is on maternity. In all, i'm thankful to them (Chris, Prem & D). As for the others... no matter how bad they can get.. it only wont deter me since my parents love that place and that matters most! :smile:

Prem on Maternity? Serious?! was still talking to her 3 weeks back at the gallery.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi or anyone, so the JB market practice is tenant no need to pay commission and landlord pay the commission for rental? How much commission does the landlord need to pay for every one year lease? In Spore, it is usually half month for every 1 year rental paid by landlord.

Gin, I just rent out my HDB flat. Its 1 month for 1 year contract. :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly, the government(not referring to the JB one surprisingly) needs to think of a solution for chopped, bagged, mutilated bodies in water tanks, reservoirs, rivers/seas though.

Nowadays though, when i hear people mentioning of JB, i just keep quiet and smile when they mention JB is so dangerous/hazardous then in the same breath, they mention they just went there. You will see many of people like that, complaining its so dangerous, etc but then they just bought this and that there when they were there LAST WEEKEND.

Wuqi, you can say that again. Just last week, a friend of mine who do not dare to drive her car into JB asked me if I could pick up her contact lens for her at City Square. What an irony. She is so careful with her car, but how about mine? :rolleyes:

And the contact lens costs S$300 in Singapore but RM300 in City Square. Or maybe she can pass some savings into my pocket? Nah! Just kidding...will check for her at my Taman instead. :biggrin:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this rate, I wonder when will HH be fully completed given they have another 6-8 more major themes to be launched

Someone asked about renting out the house to the tenant and whether he can use the golf course or gym etc. Well as a owner, you have to pay RM 1000 every 6 month or 12 months to the HH just to ensure that the ownership is being transferred over. When u got time, find the girl at the membership branch to talk and u will be shocked to realise that in HH, everything NEEDs money.

Actually , I don't any problem with the rate HH is going. I expect them to take upto 10 years for all phases. In fact, I would rather they go at gradual pace than fast pace so as not to flood the market. Iskandar is just beginning to attract some interest after the numerous educational setup and it will be at least another 10-20 years to see a new city forming. When the iconic project between SG and MY is up and running , there will be more interest from SG side. Then more may be build.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prem on Maternity? Serious?! was still talking to her 3 weeks back at the gallery.

Guess i've not met her since... good to know she's back! I've not been to HH for quite a while since. I'm over at KSL most of the time for now. Waiting patiently for the new place to be ready. Guess shall pop over to see see look look... :P

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, you can say that again. Just last week, a friend of mine who do not dare to drive her car into JB asked me if I could pick up her contact lens for her at City Square. What an irony. She is so careful with her car, but how about mine? :rolleyes:

And the contact lens costs S$300 in Singapore but RM300 in City Square. Or maybe she can pass some savings into my pocket? Nah! Just kidding...will check for her at my Taman instead. :biggrin:

cathy: these people! dun dare to drive in then dun even think about taking advantage of the currency exchange. say u busy not in the way =p

Status
Not open for further replies.