• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is new to me... anyone with details? Singaporeans cannot buy 'pre-owned double-storey terraces"?

Singaporeans look to JB as HDB prices rise
By Yow Hong Chieh
June 26, 2011

".. He pointed out that Johor had the strictest restrictions on foreign property ownership in the whole country, which did not allow Singaporeans to buy single-storey terraces and pre-owned double-storey terraces.... "

This is a matter of concern for me too. Should have bought the Twin Villas at East Ledang instead of the corner terrace?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Still can buy 2nd hand terraces as we ourselves bought 2nd hand for a few units from other Singaporeans.
Another friend bought and sold too, the only issue was that the subsale had to be above RM 350k at that time, pretty sure that the only issue is that it must be above RM 500k when selling.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still can buy 2nd hand terraces as we ourselves bought 2nd hand for a few units from other Singaporeans.
Another friend bought and sold too, the only issue was that the subsale had to be above RM 350k at that time, pretty sure that the only issue is that it must be above RM 500k when selling.

Thanks for the clarification. The statement made in the article was so misleading..

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/jv-firms-to-develop-singapore-iskandar-land/

JV firms to develop Singapore, Iskandar land
By Yow Hong Chieh June 27, 2011
PUTRAJAYA, June 27 — Malaysia and Singapore will form joint-venture company M+S Pte Ltd by the end of this month to jointly develop six land parcels in Singapore that were exchanged for Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) land in the republic.

The company, 60 per cent owned by Khazanah Nasional Bhd and 40 per cent owned by Temasek Holdings Ltd, will develop parcels in Marina South and two parcels in Ophir-Rochor as an integrated development.

A 50-50 joint venture company to be established Khazanah and Temasek, Iskandar JV Co, will also undertake two developments in Iskandar Malaysia — the Urban Wellness development in Medini North and the Resort Wellness development in Medini Central, both located in Mukim Pulai, Johor Baru — with a total area of some 215 acres.

The two state investment arms will also jointly consider other commercially viable developments in Iskandar of up to 500 acres of land, inclusive of the 215 acres above.

MORE TO COME

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know that Jusco at bukit indah going have cinema soon? It's locate at the carpark where they blocking now. Hope the rumour come true!

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know that Jusco at bukit indah going have cinema soon? It's locate at the carpark where they blocking now. Hope the rumour come true!

If this is true... It's gona be very very attractive and surely i need not travel all the way to city side just to watch a movie... i can catch all the cantonese movies... hooray... keke

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/jv-firms-to-develop-singapore-iskandar-land/

PUTRAJAYA, June 27 — A 50-50 joint venture company to be established Khazanah and Temasek, Iskandar JV Co, will also undertake two developments in Iskandar Malaysia — the Urban Wellness development in Medini North and the Resort Wellness development in Medini Central, both located in Mukim Pulai, Johor Baru — with a total area of some 215 acres.

The two state investment arms will also jointly consider other commercially viable developments in Iskandar of up to 500 acres of land, inclusive of the 215 acres above.

MORE TO COME

Both developments to be located in Medini, that's good news for most forumers here who bought in Nusajaya. Hope this news is reliable as there were many previous reports, some stated that the Iconic Wellness project will be located in Danga Bay, while others stated that it will be in Nusajaya. :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

PUTRAJAYA, June 27 — Malaysia and Singapore will form joint-venture company M+S Pte Ltd by the end of this month to jointly develop six land parcels in Singapore that were exchanged for Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) land in the republic.

The company, 60 per cent owned by Khazanah Nasional Bhd and 40 per cent owned by Temasek Holdings Ltd, will develop parcels in Marina South and two parcels in Ophir-Rochor as an integrated development.

A 50-50 joint venture company to be established Khazanah and Temasek, Iskandar JV Co, will also undertake two developments in Iskandar Malaysia — the Urban Wellness development in Medini North and the Resort Wellness development in Medini Central, both located in Mukim Pulai, Johor Baru — with a total area of some 215 acres.

MORE TO COME

personally all i need is proper lap pools and proper gym chains. that's all the wellness i need =p
looks like medini region is hotting up with these developments in concert with legoland and hotels and malls within the vicinity.
like to be able to drive around the area for a look see beyond the maps on the websites. i guess its not accessible to the public currently?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like medini region is hotting up with these developments in concert with legoland and hotels and malls within the vicinity.

Not forgetting the Mega Mall which will also opens next year.

Iskandar Investment And UEM Land To Jointly Undertake The Lifestyle Retail Mall And Residences @ Medini North, Nusajaya

9 June 2011: UEM Land Berhad had today entered into a Shareholders’ Agreement with Iskandar Harta Holdings Sdn Bhd (IHHSB), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Iskandar Investment Berhad, to jointly undertake the mixed development project in Medini, Nusajaya known as the Lifestyle Retail Mall and Residences @ Medini North... ...

... ... The immediate focus for the development would be Phase 1A, which comprises colonnade-style retail outlets and alfresco dining. Subsequent phases will include entertainment such as cinema, bowling and arcade centre, complemented with distinctive facilities such as indoor ice-skating, laser tag, indoor sky diving and indoor go-kart. With GFA of 200,000 square feet, Phase 1A is targeted to be completed in the September 2012, aligned with the opening of LEGOLAND Malaysia.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore media... a little slow coming...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1137439/1/.html

S'pore-Johor rapid transit link by 2018
Posted: 27 June 2011 1751 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Singapore and Malaysian governments plan to open a rapid transit link between the city-state and the neighbouring city of Johor Bahru in Malaysia's south by 2018, both governments said in a joint statement on Monday.

"The terminating stations of the (rapid transit system) link will be in the vicinity of JB Sentral, Johor Bahru and in the vicinity of Republic Polytechnic, Singapore," the statement said.

"It is targeted that the RTS link will be operational by 2018. The RTS link will have a co-located (customs, immigration and quarantine) facility in Singapore and another co-located CIQ facility in Johor Bahru so that commuters need to clear immigration only once for each way of travel."

The announcement comes as Singapore's Foreign Affairs Minister, K Shanmugam, signed a written instrument which contains the implementation details of the Points of Agreement (POA) on Malayan Railway Land in Singapore approved by both governments.

Signing on behalf of the Malaysian government was Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Nor Mohamed Yakcop.

The joint statement by the prime ministers of Singapore and Malaysia said that preparations for the relocation of Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) from Tanjong Pagar to the Woodlands Train Checkpoint on July 1 are on track.

A joint venture company, called M+S Pte Ltd, and Iskandar JV Company will be established by Thursday.

M+S will develop the four land parcels in Marina South as an integrated development and the two land parcels in Ophir-Rochor, also as an integrated development.

Iskandar JV will undertake two wellness developments in Iskandar Malaysia.

In addition, Khazanah and Temasek will jointly consider other potential developments which are commercially viable in Iskandar Malaysia of up to 500 acres of land, inclusive of the said 215 acres.

Also on schedule is the implementation of the work plan to hand over the waterworks under the 1961 Water Agreement by Singapore free of charge and as a matter of goodwill after the expiry of the agreement on 31 August 2011.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong expressed appreciation and satisfaction on the work done by the ministers and officials in achieving the historic breakthrough in the POA.

Both prime ministers also reiterated their commitments towards further strengthening bilateral relations.

They noted that the resolution of the POA would pave the way for the two countries to explore new areas of cooperation.

- CNA/ir

ArtIsEverywhere

Alfrescian
Loyal

If this is true... It's gona be very very attractive and surely i need not travel all the way to city side just to watch a movie... i can catch all the cantonese movies... hooray... keke

That will be wonderful. I thought they are building more carparks :smile:

Ask the security guard working there when parking in Jusco. Said they going to build a children's playground in that area...not really sure if he is pulling my leg.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by wuqi256
Still, to answer some questions:

Updates for everyone:
1. Driving conversion for those driving Malaysian vehicles - (Superceded)
I got informed by a learned friend and also others and found that there is no need for the conversion afterall (only if you are migrating there) but that you can get an international driving license and thus able to drive all Malaysia cars in Malaysia.

2. When stopped, don't volunteer a bribe, there was one time my friend got away when he politely challenged the offence as it was really ridiculous.
Hi Wuqi,

I am confused over the need to apply / convert to International Driving Licence.

Can we drive Malaysia Registered Car with Singapore Driving License ? If not, what will be the right way? I am not under the MM2H or migrating to MY.

Thanks,
- always online
away from home

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some guide on rental agreement for property in JB.

Who pays the commission? Tenant or Landlord?

How much is the comm? for a 1 + 1 lease.

Appreciate the help.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore media... a little slow coming...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1137439/1/.html

S'pore-Johor rapid transit link by 2018
Posted: 27 June 2011 1751 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Singapore and Malaysian governments plan to open a rapid transit link between the city-state and the neighbouring city of Johor Bahru in Malaysia's south by 2018, both governments said in a joint statement on Monday.

"The terminating stations of the (rapid transit system) link will be in the vicinity of JB Sentral, Johor Bahru and in the vicinity of Republic Polytechnic, Singapore," the statement said.

"It is targeted that the RTS link will be operational by 2018. The RTS link will have a co-located (customs, immigration and quarantine) facility in Singapore and another co-located CIQ facility in Johor Bahru so that commuters need to clear immigration only once for each way of travel."

The announcement comes as Singapore's Foreign Affairs Minister, K Shanmugam, signed a written instrument which contains the implementation details of the Points of Agreement (POA) on Malayan Railway Land in Singapore approved by both governments.

Signing on behalf of the Malaysian government was Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Nor Mohamed Yakcop.

The joint statement by the prime ministers of Singapore and Malaysia said that preparations for the relocation of Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) from Tanjong Pagar to the Woodlands Train Checkpoint on July 1 are on track.

A joint venture company, called M+S Pte Ltd, and Iskandar JV Company will be established by Thursday.

M+S will develop the four land parcels in Marina South as an integrated development and the two land parcels in Ophir-Rochor, also as an integrated development.

Iskandar JV will undertake two wellness developments in Iskandar Malaysia.

In addition, Khazanah and Temasek will jointly consider other potential developments which are commercially viable in Iskandar Malaysia of up to 500 acres of land, inclusive of the said 215 acres.

Also on schedule is the implementation of the work plan to hand over the waterworks under the 1961 Water Agreement by Singapore free of charge and as a matter of goodwill after the expiry of the agreement on 31 August 2011.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong expressed appreciation and satisfaction on the work done by the ministers and officials in achieving the historic breakthrough in the POA.

Both prime ministers also reiterated their commitments towards further strengthening bilateral relations.

They noted that the resolution of the POA would pave the way for the two countries to explore new areas of cooperation.

- CNA/ir

Thank you austin_hts for posting the news here.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some guide on rental agreement for property in JB.

Who pays the commission? Tenant or Landlord?

How much is the comm? for a 1 + 1 lease.

Appreciate the help.

landlord in my case but dun take my word for it...
you're considering a re-entry? hope everything pans out well for you!

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
after reading the thread to 200plus, I have several days of sleepless nights..
I begin to dream what my life will be if I live in HH.. I pick up the phone last Friday to make an appointment to see HH. I guess only buying a house there will ease my sleepless problem.. However this morning just before I set off to JB, the sales person in HH said she have to go for urgent leaves.. Will go down to HH probably next week..

Hi AP, bricks?? You know there is this Nusa Bestari side, near a few money changer and the Soon clinic? There are lots of bricks there? Saw people picking the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.