• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lucky sia you! I had a torrid time with the mozzies until i struck a deal with them.

Deal = Close windows + Aircon + Mosquito repellant vapourisers + JJ anti mozzie oil.

The coils i use in the Car porch

hmmm.. have not kenna bitten alot during my weekly trips to inspect progress of renovation.. hope this is similar after renovation..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if you have a MY car, you can leave it for future generations. I have seen cars that my dad drove my grandpa in when he was young still being driven around.

There are mosquitoes in HH as with everywhere else, i have some electric devices to keep them away but mostly we don't have much of an issue.

As for MACS, its still a manual process and you have to bring photos and of course your passport there to do it.

Current rental pricing for HH in RM
For HH, Terrace wise ranges from unfurnished at the lowest end 1600 - 2700 for fully furnished. Highest i know of is 3000

Cluster wise, unfurnished, its from 2800 RM onwards

Thanks for the info, Wuqi.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got one of this device for my HH hse , it is suppose to be effective for upto 5000 sqft home and the one I bought specifically for anti-lizards (can't stand the dropping). Result: lesser population but they are still around. Conclusion : not so effective. Bought mine from DIY Singapore , about S$40. I think the anti-lizard paint more effective.
While the lizard droppings are definitely disgusting, I am very friendly towards lizards because they feast on insects. Moths have no chance, ants get devoured and mosquitoes are certainly reduced. The sound emitting device is sworn by, by one of my students who bought his from Australia. I had one sent over but it was not anywhere as effective as he had touted [maybe I did not place it properly]. Choice ... balance ...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey mallow i found the mee rebus stall.

Dun disappear la.

Lifes boring without friends

Im still looking for my toddy.

U and ur family welcome to my humble abode at ST anyday.

We will cook for you.

Not sure if you can handle the spice though.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sound of the lizard and its sight is disgusting i agree. Apart from the eggs... he he.

While the lizard droppings are definitely disgusting, I am very friendly towards lizards because they feast on insects. Moths have no chance, ants get devoured and mosquitoes are certainly reduced. The sound emitting device is sworn by, by one of my students who bought his from Australia. I had one sent over but it was not anywhere as effective as he had touted [maybe I did not place it properly]. Choice ... balance ...

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, anyone knows the best method to transfer money from sg to the malaysia bank for mortgage payments?

Other than cash via ATM method. Which is the best alternative? wired transfer exchange not good right?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree its the beginning. But how to accumulate the Downpayment? Not easy for young couples with total income of $3k-3.5k

in China, many parents help kids to pay downpayment, may be next time you need to chip in for your kids? :biggrin:

oh fresh grad pay now higher already, total income for couple should start above 5k i think...agree it is hard for single and lower income couple

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

so many insects to handle..still prefer apartment living anytime..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro my dad used to use the Baygon spray when i was a kid. He would spray the room (whole house) and we would wait outside the house in the Car Porch area for about 30-45 min. Quality family time laughing and joking.

After the mandatory 30-45 min we would go in and open all the doors/windows of our home.

What a beautiful and memorable childhood i had? Hope i can give my kids half of that.

Being Eurasians we had regular parties ever week. Nice life. Wine Dine and Dance.

Spore sucks big time. :mad::mad:

wine dine and dance, so good life huh...so which country was that? this kind of life style only for the rich in Spore..

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
wine dine and dance, so good life huh...so which country was that? this kind of life style only for the rich in Spore..
Actually, I can second AP. Bot my parents worked from the age of 16 in clerical jobs, then worked their way up from there, while bringing up siblings, as their fathers were retired.
But then we are Eurasian ... appreciating life and contentment with simple pleasures trumps relentless pursuit of money, which is never enough to provide 'security'. It also meant we lagged behind the Chinese and Ceylon Tamils in wealth gathering to our serious loss.
I do not remember wine as a child or teenager - it was hard liquor then, so in my time we drank beer or vodka with orange, and we laughed at guys who drank whiskey and coke.
We only had parties on birthdays, but there were many birthdays. However, people often dropped by, and food and drink was always found and shared ... the company was a party.
ALL festivals were celebrated, and every culture and all religious practices were respected minutely: so we always got invited out to celebrate every festival. In those days, the word 'Peranakan' was hardly ever used [and if it was referred only to the Peranakan Cina]- so I was never able to put a name to the insanely delicious food that the Fu family served, as to us they were simply 'Chinese'.
When I was growing up, Elvis lived in Katong.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro my dad used to use the Baygon spray when i was a kid. He would spray the room (whole house) and we would wait outside the house in the Car Porch area for about 30-45 min. Quality family time laughing and joking.

After the mandatory 30-45 min we would go in and open all the doors/windows of our home.

What a beautiful and memorable childhood i had? Hope i can give my kids half of that.

Being Eurasians we had regular parties ever week. Nice life. Wine Dine and Dance.

Spore sucks big time. :mad::mad:

Hey mallow i found the mee rebus stall.

Dun disappear la.

Lifes boring without friends

Im still looking for my toddy.

U and ur family welcome to my humble abode at ST anyday.

We will cook for you.

Not sure if you can handle the spice though.

Actually, I can second AP. Bot my parents worked from the age of 16 in clerical jobs, then worked their way up from there, while bringing up siblings, as their fathers were retired.
But then we are Eurasian ... appreciating life and contentment with simple pleasures trumps relentless pursuit of money, which is never enough to provide 'security'. It also meant we lagged behind the Chinese and Ceylon Tamils in wealth gathering to our serious loss.
I do not remember wine as a child or teenager - it was hard liquor then, so in my time we drank beer or vodka with orange, and we laughed at guys who drank whiskey and coke.
We only had parties on birthdays, but there were many birthdays. However, people often dropped by, and food and drink was always found and shared ... the company was a party.
ALL festivals were celebrated, and every culture and all religious practices were respected minutely: so we always got invited out to celebrate every festival. In those days, the word 'Peranakan' was hardly ever used [and if it was referred only to the Peranakan Cina]- so I was never able to put a name to the insanely delicious food that the Fu family served, as to us they were simply 'Chinese'.
When I was growing up, Elvis lived in Katong.

Yes Mallow and AP, we may have lagged behide on the wealth bit but the other things made up for it. It was Brandy, beer or whiskey. We, the 'little ones could have the ocassional sip of beer if caught with any drink 'stronger' there was 'hell' (excuse to expression) :biggrin:
Toddy shop at Jalan Sulaiman after City Square before the Shell station on left side of Jalan Wong Ah Fook
Have to go wifey wants to go to JB.

Last edited:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey mallow i found the mee rebus stall. Dun disappear la. Lifes boring without friends Im still looking for my toddy. U and ur family welcome to my humble abode at ST anyday. We will cook for you. Not sure if you can handle the spice though.

Considering we are fewer than 0.02% of the population, there are three grags on this forum alone, all quietly enjoying Johor.
Was away two weeks for my son's graduation - so responsibility nearly over, though children being children, they will always be our concern.
I do not eat poultry at all, almost everything else enjoyed. Hot good rice, sambal belachan/acar, green sayor and anything else would be terrific. Thank you. Write to me with day and time. If you give me notice and it does not rain [seriously!] we may be able to bring the toddy.
Meanwhile, as it was once nicely said, Eurasians are the salt in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.