• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you work in JB, try getting a terrace house in JB and you will find the same problem. Which is evidence by the tens of thousands of motorcycles going to Singapore to work. The same with China, HongKong, Thailand, Cambodia, and even Phillipines(I just had a chat with one of my Phillipino tenent). Its the same everywhere.
Actually I read in the Edge magazine sometime back where they compare land prices in asia pacific.. malaysia turns out to be cheaper than phillipines..
So it really works well for us who takes less than 2 hrs to reach JB home..
Actually my colleague confirmed that his new place in outskirt manila dun cost much cheaper than JB terrace..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I offered $2.4K to fresh grad for an Engineering Exec position, and he rejected saying pay too low...

There are still people thinking that pay is very high in Singapore...
Depends on his degree & whether he compares with his peers.. know of a 1st class engineering grad with 1 yr exp at 3.1K

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jumping in here with some little tips:
3. Mosquito coils do work - but the price is the smoke in your lungs.
Not sure if anyone had similar experience.. I ever use the baygon mosquito coil to burn overnight & next day fall ill..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes boss. Ur right. Effective only up to 5000 sq ft.

And then again... based on reviews... i read that the insects get used to the frequency after a while and it may not be effective.

So i guess we got no choice but to wait for Wuqi to tell us what he is using:confused::confused:

Got one of this device for my HH hse , it is suppose to be effective for upto 5000 sqft home and the one I bought specifically for anti-lizards (can't stand the dropping). Result: lesser population but they are still around. Conclusion : not so effective. Bought mine from DIY Singapore , about S$40. I think the anti-lizard paint more effective.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW Cathy, I guess i can disturb u right to check if it has rained during the week or not? Cause wanna know if my plants are able to survive the heat...

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno man.. maybe i that is a 5rm instead..
but the couple is in mid 20s.. just ard 2 years after graduation..
key collection sometime in 2013..

can get keys in 2013, that's pretty soon..just heard today the resale price is now half a million for 5 rm in Punggol..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was what i was trying to tell Cathy.

Now already 420 k for 4 room.

Just imagine 10 years from now.

Just imagine 20 years from now?

Closer to 800k i guess?

how can young couples get the required downpayment?

Not a small sum.

Most jobs in Spore are not fantastic and dun pay a lot... And for starters even less.

Interest rates in Spore suck big time

No way they can make that amount....

This was what i was telling my wife too..

Downpayment is only the beginning...if 800k, the problem is paying up the rest if become jobless..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro my dad used to use the Baygon spray when i was a kid. He would spray the room (whole house) and we would wait outside the house in the Car Porch area for about 30-45 min. Quality family time laughing and joking.

After the mandatory 30-45 min we would go in and open all the doors/windows of our home.

What a beautiful and memorable childhood i had? Hope i can give my kids half of that.

Being Eurasians we had regular parties ever week. Nice life. Wine Dine and Dance.

Spore sucks big time. :mad::mad:

Not sure if anyone had similar experience.. I ever use the baygon mosquito coil to burn overnight & next day fall ill..

Status
Not open for further replies.