• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Professor, you are waiting for me to shout 'Huat Ah!' Is it? LOL!

Yap. Good news. Hope they keep up the good work.

Bros and Sis from all over IM, we appreciate every little effort to make IM more vibrant, more liveable, more prosperous, more safe and more profitable to our investments. Credits goes to you! :smile:

Thank you :smile::smile::smile:toyohon:smile::smile: for a positive post.

Cant get better than this.

Music to my ears.

I am sure Cathy is smiling as well.

And of course everyone else out here.

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey hangyong, HH is a wonderful place and possibly the safest place in JB.

Safety in Johore cant get better than HH.

So nothing to consider very very hard....:biggrin::biggrin:

Please take some time and read the many pages here and you will understand better.

Hi Analytical Professor,

actually, I am more concerned about the portion where it was mentioned that we should stay away from Condo in Malaysia, because the maintenance is sluggish (faulty lifts not repaired, rubbish bin no cleared, etc).

I know fairway suite is still under construction, so no one can tell the actual situation, but for those who have been in HH, talking to the developers, management, etc, do they make you feel confident that they will do a good job on the maintenance?

What about those who are on landed property? How is the maintenance?

Thanks for your reply!!

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been in HH coming to a week already and the security there is superb. The guards are very strict on letting people in and they have regular patrols (on scooters) round the estate.

Hi 2bFree,

are you referring to the security to your estate (The Gateway, The hills, etc), or the main gate security?

When I was there last weekend, the main gate security not around leh.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ofcourse la must 'Huat Ah!' many many times.

Professor, you are waiting for me to shout 'Huat Ah!' Is it? LOL!

Yap. Good news. Hope they keep up the good work.

Bros and Sis from all over IM, we appreciate every little effort to make IM more vibrant, more liveable, more prosperous, more safe and more profitable to our investments. Credits goes to you! :smile:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who may be keen :

1) Austin Hills Golf Resort - 15 km from woodlands checkpt

a) Package A : 7 x 1 hr golf lessons + 2 golf course experience (4 hrs)

1 pax - RM 980
2 pax - RM 750
3 pax - RM 650

b) PackageB : 6 x 1 hr golf lessons + 1 golf course experience

1 pax - RM 680
2 pax - RM 550
3 pax - RM 450

2 ) Riding School at Leisure Farm Resort (Near Tuas check point)

Basic riding, 2 pax, 8 lessons x 45 mins
RM 420 / pax

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Analytical Professor,

actually, I am more concerned about the portion where it was mentioned that we should stay away from Condo in Malaysia, because the maintenance is sluggish (faulty lifts not repaired, rubbish bin no cleared, etc).

I know fairway suite is still under construction, so no one can tell the actual situation, but for those who have been in HH, talking to the developers, management, etc, do they make you feel confident that they will do a good job on the maintenance?

What about those who are on landed property? How is the maintenance?

Thanks for your reply!!

Actually buying properties with basics facilities which are easy to maintain is enough for me. Most important is gated and guarded. Incase of default by management. Not that every development gets bad management. But just incase.

Anyway, how many of us swims everyday? How many plays golf every weekends? And how many goes to the gym frequently? Even Bro Wuqi also so busy bringing relatives around evey weekend. How to enjoy a game of golf? Even if you want to enjoy the facilites, you can just pay per entry. Definately cheaper then having to pay high maintenance for these facilities every month.

IMHO. Might have alternative voice hor....haha!

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually buying properties with basics facilities which are easy to maintain is enough for me. Most important is gated and guarded. Incase of default by management. Not that every development gets bad management. But just incase.

Anyway, how many of us swims everyday? How many plays golf every weekends? And how many goes to the gym frequently? Even Bro Wuqi also so busy bringing relatives around evey weekend. How to enjoy a game of golf? Even if you want to enjoy the facilites, you can just pay per entry. Definately cheaper then having to pay high maintenance for these facilities every month.

IMHO. Might have alternative voice hor....haha!

That I totally agree. But after bringing my wife there, she still prefers the condo as she feels safer than staying in landed property in Malaysia.

So its not so much of the facilities, but rather the up keep of the place for necessary necessities like rubbish clearing and lifts working, etc.

For me, I personally prefer landed property as as I would like my kids to have a place to run about.

But I have to respect my wife's views too since she will be staying there too, and for a longer time daily then me.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor property market to shine
Written by Chua Sue-Ann
Wednesday, 04 May 2011 11:57

KUALA LUMPUR: As multi-billion ringgit investments in Johor’s Iskandar Malaysia take shape, property players and investors are increasingly positive that the Johor property market is poised for a golden era after a sluggish decade.

KGV-Lambert Smith Hampton executive director Samuel Tan is among those convinced that Johor Bahru and Iskandar Malaysia’s property scene are on the cusp of a change of fortune.

“The past 10 years have been miserable. When we look at Kuala Lumpur’s property market, we are full of envy,” Tan told a media briefing in Johor Bahru last weekend.

Although property values and demand have a long way to go before they catch up with the hot real estate markets of Kuala Lumpur, the Klang Valley and Penang, Tan said the narrowing gap in values provides investors good upside potential.

Although total transaction volume for properties in Iskandar Malaysia remained constant over the years, he said, the transaction value and demand have been on the uptrend, particularly since 2H10.

Data from the National Property Information Centre (Napic) show that the transaction volume in Johor in 4Q10 more than doubled to 5,147 units from 2,105 in the preceding quarter.

Significantly, the transaction value nearly tripled to RM1.13 billion in 4Q10 from RM397 million in the previous quarter.

Tan said greenfield projects like those in Nusajaya had impacted the Johor property market, as it carved out a well-planned space for high-end properties, with improved accessibility and amenities.

“Instead of buying cheap houses, people are now willing to pay higher prices. People are changing their lifestyles. They are going for things that offer them prestige, lifestyle and security,” he said.

Tan predicted that Johor Bahru would see the rise of more serviced apartments in the city centre, driven by growth in population and economic activities in the state capital.

The changing skyline of Johor Bahru.
He said luxury properties in Johor largely targeted foreign buyers, given the restrictions on foreigners purchasing properties priced below RM500,000.

However, almost 60% of property investors in Johor last year were local buyers, which Tan said indicates growing confidence in the Iskandar Malaysia story.

Brownfield developments in the well-located suburban areas too will see growth due to improved infrastructure connectivity and commercial decentralisation, he said.

Apart from residential properties, shop offices and commercial properties in Johor have also seen a substantial increase in prices as people were starting to view commercial properties as investment products, Tan said.

Land values have seen substantial increase as well, as investors begin accumulating landbank on optimism that Iskandar Malaysia would blossom into a thriving economic hub, he said.

Many large developers have been flocking to Johor Bahru and Iskandar Malaysia, likely realising that the upside potential in Kuala Lumpur and the Klang Valley was limited, and that Iskandar Malaysia would be the next untapped hive of economic activity.

However, industry observers had expressed reservations as to whether the rising potential of Johor’s property market was indeed sustainable in the long term, given that it was largely dependent on take-up by domestic and Singapore investors who have a wide array of options.

Malaysian Rating Corp Bhd vice-president for ratings Rajaseharan Paramesran said Iskandar Malaysia’s continued ability to attract investors would be a key factor in driving demand for residential and commercial properties in the region.

Rajaseharan noted that Iskandar Malaysia had surpassed its own projections, receiving RM3.76 billion in investments for 1Q of this year, bringing the total investments to date to RM73 billion.

The added impetus for Iskandar Malaysia’s growth would be the infrastructure upgrading within the development region, closer cooperation with the Singapore government and the establishment of various educational institutions.

“Previously these were just development concepts and plans but these are now being actualised, thereby generating interest among property buyers,” Rajaseharan told The Edge Financial Daily.

According to Rajaseharan, although there were previously large overhangs in the Johor property market, the huge focus on the Iskandar region, supported by Khazanah Nasional, would continue to drive the momentum in the southern state.

However, he added that property developers would still have to balance supply and demand dynamics despite the presence of strong factors to support growth in Iskandar Malaysia.

In a similar vein, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) CEO Ismail Ibrahim said the Iskandar Malaysia planning authority was mindful that there must be a healthy balance between supply and demand for properties.

“We don’t want a mad rush of landowners or property players building properties. They must first identify an economic anchor before building their townships,” he told reporters last weekend.

Ismail noted that housing prices in the southern state had been on the rise, a marked shift from the largely rental-driven real estate market in the region.

“We see demand for residential properties as a spillover from the economic activity that is taking place. In the past, properties were largely for the rental market but now people realise that they can work and live here,” he said.

Despite the optimism, data from the Valuation and Property Services Department show that Johor continued to top the national list in terms of total volume and value of overhang for residential property and shoplots in 4QFY10.

For residential properties, Johor recorded an overhang of 5,599 units of residential properties valued at RM1.01 billion, almost a quarter of the country’s total overhang for the sector in 4QFY10.

For shoplots, Johor posted an overhang of 2,456 units valued at RM612.34 million, significantly outnumbering the other states and federal territories.

The southern state also topped the list of unsold residential properties and shops, in terms of those under construction and those not constructed.

OSK Research head of research Chris Eng said 2012 would be the tipping point for Iskandar Malaysia as actual commercial projects begin.

“Iskandar Malaysia is looking increasingly bright but we need on the ground commercial activation to kick off first,” he told The Edge Financial Daily.

He said demand for the medium range residential properties in Iskandar Malaysia had been strong and should trigger the secondary effect of demand for shoplots.

KGV-Lambert Smith Hampton’s Tan conceded that many investors have been sceptical as to how Iskandar Malaysia can achieve the optimum critical mass needed to support the construction and real estate projects.

“I view Iskandar Malaysia together with Singapore because of the proximity and connectivity. We have six million people between these two areas and if you can tap into this catchment, it is great,” Tan said.

Analysts concur, although they said much of the change in perception towards Iskandar Malaysia also had to do with the corporate developments in UEM Land Holdings Bhd, which took over Sunrise Bhd last year.

Sunrise chairman Datuk Tong Kooi Ong is now part of UEM Land’s development committee that will spearhead the development of its landbank in Iskandar Malaysia.

In the process, UEM Land, with a stronger management and branding in place, has since emerged as one of the top property picks for analysts and fund managers this year.

However, an industry observer also advocated some caution amid the euphoria as investors begin comparing land prices between Iskandar, Johor and Singapore, and expect more convergence.

“While land prices in Iskandar Malaysia are a fraction of Singapore’s, there is no guarantee it will become the Shenzhen of Hong Kong,” he said.

The observer added that price convergence for Iskandar Malaysia may be less like the Shenzhen-Hong Kong model, which was a “one country, two systems” situation.

“Here, is it two countries, two systems,” he said adding that for Iskandar Malaysia to be successful, it has to first build a sizable local population, rather than rely purely on Singaporean investors.

This article appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, May 4, 2011

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh! Bro i thought u needed them for your Eco Garden Home.

Actually i am keen to equip my store rooms with racks. Maybe i should consider your idea. For simple plywood racks i was quoted RM 1800+.

How much do your stainless steel ones cost?

Now that Cathy has mentioned about the shop at Livistonia square.... i may wanna give it a try too.

Bro, Its for SEG since I already bot enuff for HDB flat.
Remember it was ard 200 SGD for a 3 ft steel cabinet that has 4 shelving.

Hey, why not you check out the livistonia square shop for pricing 1st since this would be further down my buy list.. (next likely roller blinds)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
These shops makan us like nobodys business bro.

I just cant seem to get a good deal from them...:(:(

Wonder how some guys do it!

Hey, why not you check out the livistonia square shop for pricing 1st since this would be further down my buy list.. (next likely roller blinds)

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Factors i mentioned several times before which many of my learned friends here thought were irrelevant.

Johor property market to shine
Written by Chua Sue-Ann
Wednesday, 04 May 2011 11:57

However, industry observers had expressed reservations as to whether the rising potential of Johor’s property market was indeed sustainable in the long term, given that it was largely dependent on take-up by domestic and Singapore investors who have a wide array of options.

“We don’t want a mad rush of landowners or property players building properties. They must first identify an economic anchor before building their townships,” he told reporters last weekend.

Despite the optimism, data from the Valuation and Property Services Department show that Johor continued to top the national list in terms of total volume and value of overhang for residential property and shoplots in 4QFY10.

For residential properties, Johor recorded an overhang of 5,599 units of residential properties valued at RM1.01 billion, almost a quarter of the country’s total overhang for the sector in 4QFY10.

For shoplots, Johor posted an overhang of 2,456 units valued at RM612.34 million, significantly outnumbering the other states and federal territories.

The southern state also topped the list of unsold residential properties and shops, in terms of those under construction and those not constructed.

“Iskandar Malaysia is looking increasingly bright but we need on the ground commercial activation to kick off first,” he told The Edge Financial Daily.

KGV-Lambert Smith Hampton’s Tan conceded that many investors have been sceptical as to how Iskandar Malaysia can achieve the optimum critical mass needed to support the construction and real estate projects.

“I view Iskandar Malaysia together with Singapore because of the proximity and connectivity. We have six million people between these two areas and if you can tap into this catchment, it is great,” Tan said.

Analysts concur, although they said much of the change in perception towards Iskandar Malaysia also had to do with the corporate developments in UEM Land Holdings Bhd, which took over Sunrise Bhd last year.

However, an industry observer also advocated some caution amid the euphoria as investors begin comparing land prices between Iskandar, Johor and Singapore, and expect more convergence.

“While land prices in Iskandar Malaysia are a fraction of Singapore’s, there is no guarantee it will become the Shenzhen of Hong Kong,” he said.

The observer added that price convergence for Iskandar Malaysia may be less like the Shenzhen-Hong Kong model, which was a “one country, two systems” situation.

“Here, is it two countries, two systems,” he said adding that for Iskandar Malaysia to be successful, it has to first build a sizable local population, rather than rely purely on Singaporean investors.

This article appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, May 4, 2011

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about tipping point.... many people have used this word often times.

2012 is not far off... Just about 7 months away...

Lets see how the tipping point takes effect:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sempoorna

wah

juga berkata

how many of us swims everyday?
How many plays golf every weekends?
And how many goes to the gym frequently?
Even Bro Wuqi also so busy bringing relatives around evey weekend.
How to enjoy a game of golf?
Even if you want to enjoy the facilites, you can just pay per entry. Definately cheaper then having to pay high maintenance for these facilities every month.

!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi 2bFree,

are you referring to the security to your estate (The Gateway, The hills, etc), or the main gate security?

When I was there last weekend, the main gate security not around leh.

My relatives asked me this as well. The main gates are mainly manned at the checkpoint outside the main road, its mainly to get those contractors going out and checking whether they are bringing anything "extra" out.

As they are starting to open up the main road, they are moving their guardhouse to the one on the direct road to HH.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Factors i mentioned several times before which many of my learned friends here thought were irrelevant.

Prof, i have asked you this before, did you move out to JB because of the economics here or impending chance of economic growth?

It may be useful if you are looking at investing but its not really a concern if you are coming out here for the fresh air and cheaper groceries or a higher quality of life. Its definitely relevant if you are thinking of rental/flipping but this place isn't as suitable as SG for flipping unless you are looking long term.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

IMHO. Might have alternative voice hor....haha![/QUOTE]

Definitely agree Cathy, i have not used my facilities for a long time but there are some that you can't pay per entry, such as the gym but then again, how many of us go to a gym every day. Basic facilities are fine for me but i know of people who buy mainly because its inside a golf course. Different things appeal to different people thats all i can say.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For those who may be keen :

1) Austin Hills Golf Resort - 15 km from woodlands checkpt

a) Package A : 7 x 1 hr golf lessons + 2 golf course experience (4 hrs)

1 pax - RM 980
2 pax - RM 750
3 pax - RM 650

b) PackageB : 6 x 1 hr golf lessons + 1 golf course experience

1 pax - RM 680
2 pax - RM 550
3 pax - RM 450

2 ) Riding School at Leisure Farm Resort (Near Tuas check point)

Basic riding, 2 pax, 8 lessons x 45 mins
RM 420 / pax

Thanks for sharing Austin Hts, i have been to the driving range, its abit small but will do very nicely for those learning golf. :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey! I notice the same shop also sells roller blinds as well. I'll be ordering from them soon since its near my house.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about tipping point.... many people have used this word often times.

2012 is not far off... Just about 7 months away...

Lets see how the tipping point takes effect:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I got the feeling that prices now have already factored in the tipping point effect.:rolleyes:

Next will be the Universities starting date, the Legoland, the MRT, trains, trams and LRTs, as these are the onces that brings in the crowd.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.