• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this exercise should not hurt your knees.

I've been doing this since 20 something. No problem for me. Even though with children and couldn't take time off to workout, I improvise and do it on staircase outside my flat. One thing you have to get a nice pair of shoe for exercise. I stopped to do this 2 year ago, after my eye operation which doctor had advice me not to exercise. Weight have been going north eversince. I think I'll go back to doing this after I move house.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations!!

Welcome Aboard.

Best place to change money i think is Change Alley as advised by most bros out here.

To remit.... already been discussed in preceding pages.

In my case i carried cash physically (though not a good idea)
Dear forummers I will be taking the plunge in getting an abode =) in jb. Nd help in pointing me in the best way to remit the 10% deposit. Any plce in spore that can give the best rate to remit? Isit safe n reliable? Or isit beter to change and physically deposit into the developer account? Any advise is very much appreciated .

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2c here.

I had mentioned sometime back in one of my earlier postings that Causeway will remain the primary conduit between Spore and Malaysia.

I still stand by it firmly. There is no way any other linkway between Spore and Johore can be as successful as Causeway. This is in terms of the sheer numbers of vehicular traffic and ofcourse commerce (inter country trade) as well.

Now with the Coastal Highway up and running soon there will be more traffic at Causeway. Thats my guess. Why? Simply because its easier to get into Spore via Causeway.

As it is there is traffic from Bukit Indah side that uses Causeway to get into Spore. I suspect the traffic will only get heavier when the Coastal Highway is up and running.

that will be scary to think about because the volume is already quite high as is not counting long weekends and big holidays. But as a commuter this will become even more justified of the higher tolls at the 2nd link side for me i guess?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
PLEASE check with a qualified doc on this: everyone 25 years ago took the stairs for the exercise value, and today most of them have terrible problems with their knees. One girlfriend, and the most diligent of us all in taking the stairs even tho it was 16 storeys up and down sometimes, is walking with great difficulty now, at 62. No justice in this.

Simple formula on weight loss: NO sugar, very low carbs [yes, that means almost no rice/bread/noodles/prata], daily moderate exercise [45 mins of walking], LOTS of green veg [preferably raw like timun and lettuce], plenty of water, less sweet fruit eg papaya, stop snacking on rubbish [pisang goreng, chocolates, karna, epok-epok etc], enough sleep.
Don't you know all this already??
If you do all that, is life still worth living???

Hi Mallow..
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a fren in the past..
Asked him to quit smoking & he asked me why he shd do it..
My reply being that smoking increase the chances of cancer.. (typical answer)
His response.. life without smoking is not worth the additional few years..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the hardware shop at Setia Tropika's Livistonia square sells them. You make the measurements. They will make it and send it to you. The shop is the one which faces the road that leads to Setia's sale office. Im not familiar with Nusajaya's side so no comment on that.

Hmm.. then it is abt time I visit ST.. since Setia initially planned the bus trip to visit ST..
Is it ard the CBD area?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2c here.

I had mentioned sometime back in one of my earlier postings that Causeway will remain the primary conduit between Spore and Malaysia.

AP, guess the main reason causeway is preferred by many is the toll charges compared to 2nd link..
Assuming both charges are the same, there may be a balancing of traffic load..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tolls may play a part. But the way i look at it is:

Why are Coastal Highway and EDL linked to CIQ?

I think the story about the Causeway is Historical. And from that perspective it will remain and improvements will be made to it from time to time.

A primary conduit is just that.... meant to be heavily utilised.

Tolls at Causeway can never be increased to match second link levels simply because a primary source of linking the 2 land masses needs to be maintained. To top that the cost has to be manageable too.

Now another pointer.... Tolls at Tuas were reduced some time ago. But the traffic situation does not seem to have increased at Tuas. Why?

Having said that i must add that i have been stuck in jams at Tuas (humongous jams at that) long before the tolls were reduced.

To the credit of the Causeway i think those of us who have been using it for atleast 10+ years will have noticed that significant and noticeable improvements have been made.

I think so too...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh! Bro i thought u needed them for your Eco Garden Home.

Actually i am keen to equip my store rooms with racks. Maybe i should consider your idea. For simple plywood racks i was quoted RM 1800+.

How much do your stainless steel ones cost?

Now that Cathy has mentioned about the shop at Livistonia square.... i may wanna give it a try too.

The racks are for storage of stuff in bomb shelter in HDB.
Each shelf can sustain a UDL of ard 200kgf.

Its boltless hence easy to dismantle & assemble..

I store all sorts of stuff..
the other benefit is "termite proof" since its steel.. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scary surely.

For the simple reason that it will bypass the inner road traffic a lot of commuters will therefore use the EDL and CH which will link up to the CIQ.

And of course there will be a bunch of commuters from 2nd link who would now wanna use the Causeway since it becomes convenient.

that will be scary to think about because the volume is already quite high as is not counting long weekends and big holidays. But as a commuter this will become even more justified of the higher tolls at the 2nd link side for me i guess?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scary surely.

For the simple reason that it will bypass the inner road traffic a lot of commuters will therefore use the EDL and CH which will link up to the CIQ.

And of course there will be a bunch of commuters from 2nd link who would now wanna use the Causeway since it becomes convenient.

Causeway is THE preference for those who commute daily or frequently. 2nd link is meant for those who can afford and don't mind paying the premium toll charges. Historically, the more established towns and services are located on the eastern side of Johor - Ulu Tiram, Kota Tinggi, Pasir Gudang port, Tebrau industrial estates, etc. The majority of its population is also centred on this part of Johor. The western part of Johore is the "new Johore" as some of you call it, with promises and promising growth in what, 10 years time or more? It is meant for new investors and better off locals, that's my personal observation.:smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Historically Causeway is important.

2) A link for a viable mode of transport needs to be maintained

3) The CH and EDL connects the well off (new investors) to the CIQ.

So difficult to find a reason why Causeway would lose its importance.

To add to that the Causeway has seen noticeable and significant changes over the last decade.

Finally a reduction in premium tolls at Tuas has not helped boost traffic there. Why?

Causeway is THE preference for those who commute daily or frequently. 2nd link is meant for those who can afford and don't mind paying the premium toll charges. Historically, the more established towns and services are located on the eastern side of Johor - Ulu Tiram, Kota Tinggi, Pasir Gudang port, Tebrau industrial estates, etc. The majority of its population is also centred on this part of Johor. The western part of Johore is the "new Johore" as some of you call it, with promises and promising growth in what, 10 years time or more? It is meant for new investors and better off locals, that's my personal observation.:smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Presenna Nambiar
Published: 2011/05/03

Johor Baru: The prices of residential properties have risen by an average of 40per cent since 2006, in a city which used to suffer from an overhang of properties.

For example, Casa Almyra, a project by Danga Sdn Bhd, has seen prices go up to RM800,000 from RM450,000 in 2006.

KGV-Lambert Smith Hampton (Johor) Sdn Bhd executive director Samuel Tan said while transaction volume has not been very exciting, value of transactions have grown by leaps and bounds in the Iskandar region.

He said property owners and buyers can expect property prices in Johor Baru to rise by a further 10-20 per cent by end of 2011, on increased costs alone.

The price of commercial land in areas like Jalan Datuk Abdullah Tahir, Danga Bay and Tebrau area have also more than doubled since 2006.

More than half of these buyers are now locals.

"People are land-banking in Johor Baru because they see something in Iskandar Malaysia," Tan said.

Property developers seem to be subscribing to this theory, considering the influx of property developers to Johor Baru.

Established players like SP Setia Bhd have no less than four simultaneous projects in Iskandar, while Bandar Raya Developments Bhd and IOI Properties have also launched major developments.

Some RM28.26 billion property development projects have been approved since 2006.

"If we used to count the number of property developers who are here, now its easier to count those who are not here," Danga Bay Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Datuk Lim Kang Hoo said, adding that the heightened interest has helped revive some 90 per cent of stalled commercial and residential projects in Johor Baru.

Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said the spurt in economic activity is a boon for the man in the street, as evidenced by higher wages, improved business opportunities and better living standards

Read more: Residential property boom in Johor Baru http://www.btimes.com.my/articles/pjb/Article/#ixzz1LK17pDxK

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I am looking at the Fairway Suites launched by Horizon Hills...

Looking through the thread, seems like condos will have loads of problems, but what are the chances of this happening at Horizon Hills? I mean, it is still within Horizon Hills, and they have to upkeep its image I guess. What are your thoughts about this?

For those who are now staying in Horizon Hills, how are things? Do you feel that its safe?

I went over last weekend, and will be going over again after casting my vote this week again.

Considering very very hard

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm.. then it is abt time I visit ST.. since Setia initially planned the bus trip to visit ST..
Is it ard the CBD area?

They organise trips to Setia sales office once in a while. You can tongpang their coach from harbour front.

Listonia Square is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the sales office if I'm not wrong. The road leads to it straight. But the hardware shop is opposite the sales office.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey hangyong, HH is a wonderful place and possibly the safest place in JB.

Safety in Johore cant get better than HH.

So nothing to consider very very hard....:biggrin::biggrin:

Please take some time and read the many pages here and you will understand better.

Hi All,

I am looking at the Fairway Suites launched by Horizon Hills...

Looking through the thread, seems like condos will have loads of problems, but what are the chances of this happening at Horizon Hills? I mean, it is still within Horizon Hills, and they have to upkeep its image I guess. What are your thoughts about this?

For those who are now staying in Horizon Hills, how are things? Do you feel that its safe?

I went over last weekend, and will be going over again after casting my vote this week again.

Considering very very hard

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you :smile::smile::smile:toyohon:smile::smile: for a positive post.

Cant get better than this.

Music to my ears.

I am sure Cathy is smiling as well.

And of course everyone else out here.

By Presenna Nambiar
Published: 2011/05/03

Johor Baru: The prices of residential properties have risen by an average of 40per cent since 2006, in a city which used to suffer from an overhang of properties.

For example, Casa Almyra, a project by Danga Sdn Bhd, has seen prices go up to RM800,000 from RM450,000 in 2006.

KGV-Lambert Smith Hampton (Johor) Sdn Bhd executive director Samuel Tan said while transaction volume has not been very exciting, value of transactions have grown by leaps and bounds in the Iskandar region.

He said property owners and buyers can expect property prices in Johor Baru to rise by a further 10-20 per cent by end of 2011, on increased costs alone.

The price of commercial land in areas like Jalan Datuk Abdullah Tahir, Danga Bay and Tebrau area have also more than doubled since 2006.

More than half of these buyers are now locals.

"People are land-banking in Johor Baru because they see something in Iskandar Malaysia," Tan said.

Property developers seem to be subscribing to this theory, considering the influx of property developers to Johor Baru.

Established players like SP Setia Bhd have no less than four simultaneous projects in Iskandar, while Bandar Raya Developments Bhd and IOI Properties have also launched major developments.

Some RM28.26 billion property development projects have been approved since 2006.

"If we used to count the number of property developers who are here, now its easier to count those who are not here," Danga Bay Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Datuk Lim Kang Hoo said, adding that the heightened interest has helped revive some 90 per cent of stalled commercial and residential projects in Johor Baru.

Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said the spurt in economic activity is a boon for the man in the street, as evidenced by higher wages, improved business opportunities and better living standards

Read more: Residential property boom in Johor Baru http://www.btimes.com.my/articles/pjb/Article/#ixzz1LK17pDxK

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been in HH coming to a week already and the security there is superb. The guards are very strict on letting people in and they have regular patrols (on scooters) round the estate.

Hi All,

Status
Not open for further replies.