• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should join neighbourhood WhatsApp chat groups :smile: Which ‘Park’ are you residing at?

Oh I am not aware of any such chat groups...

I am residing at Tranquility Park. Are you residing at EL too? If so, we can meet three or four other Sporeans in JB.

If anyone wanna join us, please pm me or indicate your interest here and I will organise a gathering. Thank you. :smile:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh I am not aware of any such chat groups...

I am residing at Tranquility Park. Are you residing at EL too? If so, we can meet three or four other Sporeans in JB.

If anyone wanna join us, please pm me or indicate your interest here and I will organise a gathering. Thank you. :smile:

Have you tried the shuttle bus from Ledang clubhouse to Singapore (Jurong East)?

https://plus.google.com/communities...6/stream/c4c6bf0c-7f5f-415c-a30e-68418ecec6b9

Time table is somewhere in the middle of the webpage.

I’m told by agents that most landlords don’t provide membership of the clubhouse as part of the rental and the free shuttle bus is open only to clubhouse members. So I am curious if it is worth it to get the membership just for the shuttle bus.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you tried the shuttle bus from Ledang clubhouse to Singapore (Jurong East)?

https://plus.google.com/communities...6/stream/c4c6bf0c-7f5f-415c-a30e-68418ecec6b9

I’m told by agents that most landlords don’t provide membership of the clubhouse as part of the rental and the free shuttle bus is open only to clubhouse members. So I am curious if it is worth it to get the membership just for the shuttle bus.

Nope, I have not tried cos only owners can do so. Must show proof that you are an owner if I am not wrong.

Oh should be a mpv and not a bus.

My gf has taken the mpv. I think she said the ride was good.

Yup, we tenants don't get the membership. Need to pay RM 800 per annum which, I think, is cheap but must furnish them with the documentary proof that you are an owner.

Members of the public have to pay much more but I can't remember if the amount is RM 2k or not.

If you pay for the membership, it will be worth it if you used the facilities like the gym, tennis court and the infinity pool in addition to the shuttle transport. Oh the restaurant there used to serve nice food but the standard has gone down.

Hope my answer to your query suffices. Sorry was lazy to respond earlier cos was busy with work. :smile:

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a good laugh :roflmao:

IMG-20181027-WA0016.jpg

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh are you also residing in East Ledang?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for this info. Very useful.

How about Avira Garden Terraces @ Medini? private lease or state lease?

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/avira-for-rent-by-u-hon-kun-24822947

Environment is nice though location is a bit ulu. Went to see a terrace house there but didn’t go to the nearby newly opened mall. Besides Jays grocery, anything else in that mall. I ask because many new malls in JB end up being empty for ages.

I only know that Avira is leasehold. Sorry I dunno if the lease belongs to a private entity or the state.

Avira is expensive cos a terrace house costs RM 1 millions plus for only a lease of 129 years (if I have remembered correctly). I think they are having a discount now (or might have ended) cos they are trying to sell the remaining houses in the older or first phase.

If you don't mind leasehold properties, then you may wish to consider the properties at Sunway which is directly opposite Avira. The landed properties start from a range of RM 600k or 700k plus to RM 900k plus after rebates/discounts. The prices at Sunway are very competitive.

The mall you are referring to is Sunway Citrine. There are only a few restaurants and some shops there. Got a big DIY shop on the second level if you advocate DIYness (sorry new word created by me :roflmao:).

A Singaporean, Mr Gilbert Louis, actually sings at one of the restaurants on every Friday and Saturday. The restaurant is Heaven's Door on the second level. However, he is being held up by something so there are other singers substituting him for the time being.

Last edited:

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe I should consider being a real estate agent in JB then no need to get stuck in customs while commuting for work. Very tired of the perpetual jams at the spore customs. The problem is I don't think Msia will accept Sporeans...

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh are you also residing in East Ledang?

Not staying in East Ledang now, but last time I stayed in Impiana before so I am familiar with the area. I have also viewed a few rental houses in East Ledang including some semi-detached ones at Jalan Hang Kasturi - I think they were asking for Rm4,500 per month. Is that a reasonable rental?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not staying in East Ledang now, but last time I stayed in Impiana before so I am familiar with the area. I have also viewed a few rental houses in East Ledang including some semi-detached ones at Jalan Hang Kasturi - I think they were asking for Rm4,500 per month. Is that a reasonable rental?

Oic. I am staying there now.

Yes, that is reasonable if fully furnished. Mine is unfurnished so my rental is only RM 3600. Oh some semi-ds are bigger than the others. I was told that mine is one of the biggest.

I heard that Impiana is pretty problematic. Is that true? Where are you staying now if you don't mind me asking?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my landlord asked me if anyone wanna rent his apt at Ujana for RM 2k. I think got one or two rooms. If anyone is interested, you can pm me and I will provide you with his hp no. for you to contact him directly.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, that is reasonable if fully furnished. Mine is unfurnished so my rental is only RM 3600. Oh some semi-ds are bigger than the others. I was told that mine is one of the biggest.

I heard that Impiana is pretty problematic. Is that true? Where are you staying now if you don't mind me asking?

Is your rented unit the 2.5 storey type? Along 1/10?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh my landlord asked me if anyone wanna rent his apt at Ujana for RM 2k. I think got one or two rooms. If anyone is interested, you can pm me and I will provide you with his hp no. for you to contact him directly.

Last edited:

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh I forgot to tell you that some owners of some terraces in one of the newer phases are only asking for about RM 1800 rental per month but the houses are quite warm.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for this info. Very useful.

How about Avira Garden Terraces @ Medini? private lease or state lease?

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/avira-for-rent-by-u-hon-kun-24822947

Environment is nice though location is a bit ulu. Went to see a terrace house there but didn’t go to the nearby newly opened mall. Besides Jays grocery, anything else in that mall. I ask because many new malls in JB end up being empty for ages.

Lost my way while driving around MEDINI just now and ended up at the Citrine Hub and Sunway sales gallery. Yes, there is a big Mr DIY, a Starbucks, old town coffee, jaya mall with quite a good size liquors section. That place seems like an oasis in the wilderness to me. Sunway City development feels huge.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sorry for the late reply.

Only stayed in Impiana for a short while. Don’t like - Very near high tension power lines.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe I should consider being a real estate agent in JB then no need to get stuck in customs while commuting for work. Very tired of the perpetual jams at the spore customs. The problem is I don't think Msia will accept Sporeans...

The bigger problem is ........ JB property market will be in a slump for long time ........ so many condos are empty ........

Status
Not open for further replies.